Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Fraternity is from Latin meaning 'brotherhood.' They are by definition male only clubs. Sorority is from Latin meaning 'sisterhood.' They are female only organizations. The only weird thing in the game is Jill living in a Fraternity House.
There's another lost tradition in frat history: house mothers.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I don't think the holidays are a good game release window. People do family stuff that period.
Holidays are the best time to release, have you noticed how often there are top main stream games released around Xmas, on top of that, not everyone can do 'family things' during the holidays for various reasons, and holiday tv is rubbish.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Hi should i play now or wait till Episode 10 come? i don't wanna start now and later play again
You might as well, because I can almost 100% guarantee that you will play a second and third playthrough if not more.
There's already enough content to keep you busy for the better part of the wait for Ep 10 to drop.

wallehabte

Oct 4, 2023

This is a short update on the progress for this week.

I've mainly worked on fixing everything on the to-do list I wrote while playing the first initial runs. I posed new renders and around six new SFW animation files that were needed. When writing this, the render queue is down to 52 animation files.

I've also worked a great deal on music and sound effects by adding new sounds and calls in the code. The free-roam events needed polishing, and I worked on minor things like money/special render placements and bigger things like scene variations and phone chats/Rooster.

After completing the list of to-dos, I played a couple of extra playthroughs on Sage's and Isabella's branches and started writing a new to-do list.

I needed a small break from that kind of work and started fixing dialogue by parsing all the text of episode 10 instead. Dialogue, phone content, mini-game content - everything written was parsed and polished, which took me nearly three days using software as an aid. Parsing dialogue helps the upcoming proofreading process. I usually do this once per episode, and now it's done for episode 10.

Now, I'm back to playing the game again, and my focus next week will be looking into choices, consequences, affinities, and variations of scenes. I'll specifically look into extending and altering scenes that need it and ensuring that variations can be reached based on previous choices. I'll be playing a bit of every branch to cover as much ground as possible with this focus in regard.

Have a nice weekend.

Dr PinkCake

No he added another 6 animations these week.

If you read line four. : He have posed additional 6 SFW animations and added them to the render queue so there are a Total of 22 animations that are rendered in the past two weeks.

Now there is an average rate of 11 animations being rendered per week.

he wrote the status update, after he posed and added those 6 animations to the render queue.

If that is the case then there should be 22 animations rendered to completion. and 52 animations are left now.

Now we know that = there are 11 animations being rendered per week. so to complete all of them it would take. It would take 5 weeks if rendering is consistent.

And if DPC does not decide to add another animations.

= November 18 is where all the animation will render completely.

Reactions: KaiserST

wallehabte

Oct 4, 2023
16 Animations down from the report from 2 weeks ago.

Not a great number, but not terrible either, at this speed DPC needs 6,5 weeks to render everything plus a bit more for beta testing.

Nevermind, this is bad news, at this rate the update will drop in 08/12. Well beyond even my pessimitic date on the 24/11.

Not that I had much hope left, but still I cant help but feel bad, specially knowing the real reason for this delay...
He added another 6 animations these week.

If you read line four. : He have posed additional 6 SFW animations and added them to the render queue so there are a Total of 22 animations that are rendered in the past two weeks.

Now there is an average rate of 11 animations being rendered per week.

he wrote the status update, after he posed and added those 6 animations to the render queue.

If that is the case then there should be 22 animations rendered to completion. and 52 animations are left now.

Now we know that = there are 11 animations being rendered per week. so to complete all of them it would take. It would take 5 weeks if rendering is consistent.

And if DPC does not decide to add another animations.

= November 18 is where all the animation will render completely.

Reactions: KaiserST

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
It didn't end well because Rusty totally ignored her when his friends turned up, and Tremelo gives her his attention, something Rusty failed at.
Well, Jill is definitely a demanding girl.

Co-ed fraternities exist, but not in this game on this campus. So it makes no sense that Jill is living with the preps.

One could argue that the Royce family wanted her to have the best accommodations while going to school, but… in a fraternity house? Even if it’s the preps’ house.

I knew a rich girl in college; she lived in a brownstone her dad had bought her near campus. A fucking house. And even if the Royces didn’t want to blow their money like that, they could have set her up in a nice nearby apartment. Instead she’s living with, and has to share a bathroom with, boys. (Tybalt, weirdly, has a private bathroom; but Jill doesn’t.)

Now if they’re hoping she’ll fall for and fuck one of them… well I can’t imagine anybody would want to fuck Tybalt, unless it was rage-fucking him with an oversized dildo. But stranger things have happened.
Don't question it. The whole story is a huge nonsense comedy, starting from MC not knowing his maternal family name and ending with the whole Maya tuition's affair.

Have fun and just take it as it comes.

Reactions: ReallyNotTimmy

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Well, Jill is definitely a demanding girl.
I think there is also with Jill the fact that Tremelo didn't know who her family was, whereas all the others that tried to date her did for that reason. She seems a bit naïve when it comes to her families wealth and thinks that's the reason anyone wants to know her, so the fact the MC doesn't know about her family means to her that he likes her for her and not her wealth.

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
I don't think the holidays are a good game release window. People do family stuff that period.
Well, mostly. But we have It's a Wonderful Life, Rudolph and Frosty. So, not a total loss. :ROFLMAO:
There's also great Christmas films like Die Hard, Lethal Weapon and Bill Murray's Scrooged.

On topic though, in AAA companies marketing departments typically set release dates. This is to maximize profit around the holidays to get your gift giving dollars, or Euros, or pounds sterling, whatever the monetary unit. It's when people typically spend the most money. It's also why you have zero day patches, and games full of bugs around release time because it's to maximize profit not to put out the best product. Only catastrophic bugs will stop a game shipping on time.

That's AAA though, for smaller devs like DPC it doesn't make sense to use the holiday window to release for profit because he's not releasing for profit. He won't release Season 3 on Steam and GOG until it's complete and the bump he would get in Patreon subscriptions for release would happen regardless of what month it releases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melimelo

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Die Hard, Lethal Weapon and Bill Murray's Scrooged.
Never watched those. Only Bruce Willis movie I saw was The Fifth Element and a few others where he wasn't in the lead roll. Like Planet Terror and Grind House. Also in the TV series Moonlighting. As for Bill Murray: Ghostbusters movies, Groundhog Day and Meatballs. Not sure if there were any others.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
About to try this for the first time, diving into season 1.

Full DIK first playthrough? Or nah?
I sooooo want to tell you what to play as a first run, but I don't want to rob you of the pleasure of discovering the game for yourself. All I'm going to say is, enjoy the first run. Let it sink in. And for references, folks here will be happy to answer your questions when you'll have them. lol

Just enjoy it man. you can always re-roll another playthrough for different scenes. The game is REALLY worth it.

rephyr

Dec 12, 2017
I sooooo want to tell you what to play as a first run, but I don't want to rob you of the pleasure of discovering the game for yourself. All I'm going to say is, enjoy the the first run. Let it sink in. And for references, folks here will be happy to answer your questions when you'll have them. lol

Just enjoy it man. you can always re-roll another playthrough for different scenes.
Thanks! I'll play it by ear!

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi
Aug 29, 2023
Full DIK first playthrough? Or nah?
Nah, neutral is the way to go. Some of his DIK-ish choices are gonna bug you (unless you’re an asshole yourself), or penalize you in unexpected ways, so it’s nice have the CHICK option. Remember, there’s also a back button—you can’t always access it, but it’s a great way to knock out most of your immediate regrets.

Full DIK gets Tremolo lots of ass, but eliminates most of the main girls. Full CHICK gets a chance at more main girls, but less ass. Neutral‘s a nice balance between quantity and quality.

I play it without the mini-games, which annoy me far more than entertain me, and don’t really reward as much as you’d think.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes