YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
Since the episode 10 is in more than a year in development, how long do you guys believe it will be?
Until it’s finished? Years and years, especially if he keeps increasing the scope of the game. We know he won’t bring on more people as he wants full control over his baby, understandable since a lot of writers are like that.DPC doesn’t exactly have an incentive to do things in a more speedy fashion when it comes to finances either.

Unless he expands his production power radically, and or reduces the scope of future episodes, I think it’s fair to assume 1x year updates per episode for now. In other words it’s going to be a while.

Reactions: ysuarez

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
Until it’s finished? Years and years, especially if he keeps increasing the scope of the game. We know he won’t bring on more people as he wants full control over his baby, understandable since a lot of writers are like that.DPC doesn’t exactly have an incentive to do things in a more speedy fashion when it comes to finances either.

Unless he expands his production power radically, and or reduces the scope of future episodes, I think it’s fair to assume 1x year updates per episode for now. In other words it’s going to be a while.
Expecting future updates to take a year to make each it's very wise considering how the development for ep9 and 10 went.

At this point is clear that DPC won't bother trying to make a smaller updates for a faster release and will instead try to shove everything he can on it.

Futhermore, with the addition of 60fps animations development times will only increase. Lets remember that, in DPC own words, only roughly half of episode 10 animations will feature the increased framerate.

Despite that, render times were very affected which meant the hardware update from earlier this year was basically negated.

While it's true that he didnt have his RTX4090s for the entire development of episode 10, its still means those animations are taking their toll.

If next episode features only 60 fps animations the risk of it not being released in 2024 is very real.

So let's hope DPC can control himself and not do 100% 60fps animations.

If only he followed my idea, but there is no incentive for it.

That's the million dollar question. We can't get inside the DPС's head and find out.
But for now, I'm of the following opinion.
Ep11 will probably come out during 2024, maybe late December. He did half of ep10 development on old 3090 graphics cards, spent a lot of time programming minigames, refining the phone interface, etc. When developing ep11 he won't do any of that and the game probably even if it gets bigger it should be out within 2024.
Ep12 will probably take over a year to develop. It's unlikely to come out during 2025, most likely January 2026.

Next he'll announce that he needs to take a break for a few months because he's tired of development. And unless he quits or gets seriously ill, ep 13 won't come out until 2027.
Very true unfortunally.

Furthermore he won't be able to get a hardware update until around Q2/2025, when NVIDIA is rumored to finally lauch the RTX5000 generation.

Normally that would be lauched in Q4/2024, but apparently there has been a delay on that lauch.

Oct 22, 2023
A part of me wants to feel bad for Chad. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence, he keeps lying about his relationship with Troy so the other Jocks don't make fun of him for being gay. I would try to bury the hatchet with Chad if possible. If Dawe wasn't such a homophobic asshole, it would be easier for Chad to admit to cheating on Sage which would in turn give her the closure she needs.

#FuckYouDawe

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Very true unfortunally.

Furthermore he won't be able to get a hardware update until around Q2/2025, when NVIDIA is rumored to finally lauch the RTX5000 generation.

Normally that would be lauched in Q4/2024, but apparently there has been a delay on that lauch.
DPС realizes that it cannot inflate the development indefinitely. I don't think it will take 2 years to develop one episode, that's too huge even for DPС. In my pessimistic predictions, I'm starting from 1 year and 2-3 months. It has an average of 300-350 animations in each update. Even if we assume that in ep12 he will have 400 animations rendering them will not take more than 2 months.
Besides the main reason for the long development time is rendering animations, not something else. He can bloat the development with new scenes and dialog as much as he wants, but none of that will play a significant role in the end because rendering images is significantly faster than rendering animations.
There are really only a few things that ACTUALLY affect development time.
1) Animations
2) Mini-games. Programming and testing minigames takes about a month.
3) Freeroam programming.
4) Probably development of new environments.

Scenes, dialogs do not affect development in any way.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
A part of me wants to feel bad for Chad. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence, he keeps lying about his relationship with Troy so the other Jocks don't make fun of him for being gay. I would try to bury the hatchet with Chad if possible. If Dawe wasn't such a homophobic asshole, it would be easier for Chad to admit to cheating on Sage which would in turn give her the closure she needs.

#FuckYouDawe

View attachment 3082897 View attachment 3082898 View attachment 3082900
Chad is a bitch, I hate him.
First of all, he's a cowardly asshole who doesn't have the guts to admit it to Sage's face.
Second, he treats Sage like crap. He only came to her when he was threatened with expulsion from college.
Third, he can't protect his boyfriend Troy. The jocks bully him, and he just keeps quiet.

I hope we don't get a gay drama where we have to help Chad admit his orientation to those around him.

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
If next episode features only 60 fps animations the risk of it not being released in 2024 is very real.
I know and I hate this. Who actually cares about 60fps animations in this context? It’s a vn, and people are already in love with his current animations, renders and writing. It’s something that could be a neat extra feature to add, if he one day decides to go back and remake the first seasons. After he’s finished with the game.

Reactions: Kpyna and KaiserST

YeOldeWanker

Nov 16, 2022
Scenes, dialogs do not affect development in any way.
I have to disagree with this assessment. It may not add as much time as the other things you’ve mentioned, but each new scene, which lets be honest, will realistically be a series of scenes do add measurable time.

Forget the technical aspects for a moment, and let’s even put parentheses around the time to write new, compelling dialogue. Consider the accumulative narrative factor, and how that multiplies the time tasks take at this point:

DPC has created a story tree that contains a lot of branches, and sub branches. A lot of them have many things that call back quite a ways back into the past. Keeping an oversight over where and how everything ties together is a puzzle. Which means that every scene and dialogue potentially needs variations, from small changes, to entire new outcomes, renders, and additional dialogue to carry over on whichever sub branch is active.

In addition the man likes to incorporate visual clues that pertain to the story, and he’s obsessed with details and has a perfectionist streak in him.

My point is simply that the scope of his own narrative in itself makes his tasks more complicated, especially when mixed with his detail oriented tendencies.

I think that even if he had a major studio doing everything for him besides the story, it would still take over a year to finish the writing in a way that satisfies DPC. I think he throws away a lot of scenes and reworks stuff as he goes along.

Last edited:

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
I know and I hate this. Who actually cares about 60fps animations in this context? It’s a vn, and people are already in love with his current animations, renders and writing. It’s something that could be a neat extra feature to add, if he one day decides to go back and remake the first seasons. After he’s finished with the game.
Most things DPC has done ended up improving the game, so I'm very much willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Only potential issue I see is that it could probably be achieved with interpolation.

This is probably indeed more eye-candy than his other endeavours like the intro animation in episode 9. That one does set the tone.

DivineMachine

Dec 6, 2022
Not just 60fps animations, but do people care about non lewd animations? I doubt many do. Those animations are very simplistic (like in ep9), I just don't think they even add any value to the game really.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Not just 60fps animations, but do people care about non lewd animations? I doubt many do. Those animations are very simplistic (like in ep9), I just don't think they even add any value to the game really.
I do think those animations help set the tone, they also don't take as much time to set up as sex scenes. It's mostly just camera movement and very little motion otherwise.

Only negative impact they have is the added render time

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
Even if we assume that in ep12 he will have 400 animations rendering them will not take more than 2 months.
Not true, check this report from August, thee we were informed that 237 animations were done, this week the animations should finish tomorrow or wesnesday, the final number should be 331 according to mpa71 data.

That means the DPC took over 3 months to render around 100 animations.

So no, rendering all animations will take quite a bit more than 2 months, even if they were all 30fps.

He doesnt even need to do 60 fps, interpolation works fine, there are even mods that already do this.

I have to disagree with this assessment. It may not add as much time as the other things you’ve mentioned, but each new scene, which lets be honest, will realistically be a series of scenes do add measurable time.

Forget the technical aspects for a moment, and let’s even put parentheses around the time to write new, compelling dialogue. Consider the accumulative narrative factor, and how that multiplies the time tasks take at this point:

DPC has created a story tree that contains a lot of branches, and sun branches. A lot of them have many things that call back quite a ways back into the past. Keeping an oversight over where and how everything ties together is a puzzle. Which means that every scene and dialogue potentially needs variations, from small changes, to entire new outcomes, renders, and additional dialogue to carry over on whichever sub branch is active.

In addition the man likes to incorporate visual clues that pertain to the story, and he’s obsessed with details and has a perfectionist streak in him.

My point is simply that the scope of his own narrative in itself makes his tasks more complicated, especially when mixed with his detail oriented tendencies.

I think that even if he had a major studio doing everything for him besides the story, it would still take over a year to finish the writing in a way that satisfies DPC. I think he throws away a lot of scenes and reworks stuff as he goes along.
Very true, making a scene takes much more time than rendering. Writing, choosing assets, planing and posing must be considered.

Most things DPC has done ended up improving the game, so I'm very much willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Only potential issue I see is that it could probably be achieved with interpolation.

This is probably indeed more eye-candy than his other endeavours like the intro animation in episode 9. That one does set the tone.
Like you said, its eye candy that could have been achived with interpolation. I respect DPC since his game is my favorite, but you can't deny he fucked up with that decision (60fps).

I'd say some are good additions, my favorite one is from the MC finally getting the DIK jacket, that animation felt earned.

Sure, some could be replaced by simple renders, but some are good additions in my opinion.

I do think those animations help set the tone, they also don't take as much time to set up as sex scenes. It's mostly just camera movement and very little motion otherwise.

Only negative impact they have is the added render time
Very true, DPC really should build more PCs to speed things up a bit.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Non-lewd animations can add to the experience, but the ones in BaDIK are, tbh, an amateur hour. The kind of thing you see people make when they learn that omg, the camera can be moved around. Doing it in 60 fps isn't really going to change it for the better.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Thing is though, he already has what, 8 machines? 9? I don't know anymore. But eventually, adding more machines will require him to to upgrade his power junction box to an industrial one. I mean can you imagine how much power he's already sucking down from the local power grid with all of his 4090ti's? those cards are power hungry whores...

DivineMachine

Dec 6, 2022
I'd say some are good additions, my favorite one is from the MC finally getting the DIK jacket, that animation felt earned.

Sure, some could be replaced by simple renders, but some are good additions in my opinion.
Ok, I didn't exactly mean all of them. I agree, getting jacket was good. Also minigames like pancakes is fine. I was more talking stuff like animated bear drinking in I believe was outro scene in ep8 or 9, can't remember, where it could simply be a render of people with beers in their hands, it would change nothing about the tone at all. There are quite a few examples I thought were completely unnecessary or even thought they would be better as just renders, but I can't remember them all now, it's been some time since I played.

Reactions: KaiserST

Candy Suxx

Oct 11, 2019
Thing is though, he already has what, 8 machines? 9? I don't know anymore. But eventually, adding more machines will require him to to upgrade his power junction box to an industrial one. I mean can you imagine how much power he's already sucking down from the local power grid with all of his 4090ti's? those cards are power hungry whores...
It's not really about the workstation but more about man power. At the end of the day its just one dude making those thousands of renders and hundreds of animations. Each episode has increased significantly both in terms of these, longer animations ( he recently has decided to go for 60fps ones).

He has already stated clean and clear that he will never hire a team for whatever creative reasons so yeah he can have dozens of workstation but its just one guy working on the heavy stuff. The same goes for Ocean ( Summer's Gone).

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
It's not really about the workstation but more about man power. At the end of the day its just one dude making those thousands of renders and hundreds of animations. Each episode has increased significantly both in terms of these, longer animations ( he recently has decided to go for 60fps ones).

He has already stated clean and clear that he will never hire a team for whatever creative reasons so yeah he can have dozens of workstation but its just one guy working on the heavy stuff. The same goes for Ocean ( Summer's Gone).
That wasn't my point, but ok......

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Like you said, its eye candy that could have been achived with interpolation. I respect DPC since his game is my favorite, but you can't deny he fucked up with that decision (60fps).

Do we have any clue how many render machines DPC has? Honestly a 19" rack with several render servers should be achievable with the budget he has, add good 10gbit ethernet and a dope workstation. He should be Golden and basically be able to render anything he does within a reasonable time frame.

I do think people stare too much at the amount of renders in the game. You should realistically quadruple or quintuple those numbers for the amount of actual renders he's probably done and selected what he deemed best out of those.

I imagine the same with the animations, sometimes he's probably looking at the result thinking it's not up to snuff. So he'll end up binning hours of work and hours of rendering time.

All that is to say, he does have an incentive to upgrade his production capacity. I've seen that repeated a few times in the thread, though not by you. I don't agree with that assesment.

Reactions: YeOldeWanker
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes