hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Well I'm getting a case of beer anyway, so adding a "few" shots of jagermaister will only make it better :D it'll be funny to check who's able to finish episode in one go this way xd

Out of reactions, but duh, obviously :D
I am going to use Tequilla

Reactions: Redd23

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
and there are multiple scene that show exactly who she is. :LOL:.

One good deed is not enough to redeem a lifetime of wickedness :ROFLMAO:
Where did I say she's redeemed? glances through the posts Nope. Never said that. I know for a fact that Quinn is a broken girl. She's lashing out at the world because it's all that she knows. But now, after all this time, if you're on her path, someone posted a screen that gives me cause to rethink some shit. Redemption might be possble for her, but I'm still not sure.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I mean: in a "classical" VN with no freeroaming but just multiple choice menus, you can replay from start while skipping already seen content, and just focus on new contents determined by new choices.
This is a quick and not boring way to see new contents.

With free roaming to see new contents you are forced each time to solve old enigmas and carry out old errands which are fun only the first time when they are new.

It's like if in a crossword magazine once you solve the crossword puzzle at page one you are forced to erase it and solve it again before being enabled to solve the crossword puzzle at page two...

---

You may disagree with my opinion on freeroaming, of course, but I don't see any catch-22-like contradiction.

With no freeroaming, in new gameplays you can focus on new contents while just skipping already seen contents by FF.

If freeroaming is involved you can't, instead you are forced to do the same things again and again.

As simple as that.
I think he meant it's sort of a catch-22 in regards to DPC and the player. Not just the player.

For freeroams:
- DPC can just reuse a lot of the code and doesn't have to write entirely separate scenes in separate locations for each branch. On the development side: it covers all the many branches and it can be done quicker.
- For the players, it's a tedious hell. We spend 2 to 3 hours for each run but after the first time, we're only seeing maybe 10% new content like you said. We're spending the same amount of time doing everything step-by-step with only 10% of the reward. Reward being new things we haven't seen yet.

For just normal playthrough:
- DPC may have to make new renders for the characters, new objects, the location, etc. Also write more extensive dialogue, soundtrack arrangement, and so on. This results in a possibility of it taking more time for the development overall. Both for the writing aspects and for posing then rendering images. Which could mean updates come out even later than once a year.
- For the players, obviously it's what you've stated before. It's not as tedious just skipping forward until you either get to something new or something you don't mind seeing again. Either way, you're not wasting 2 hours each run for that 10% of new content.

On one hand:
If you make individual scenes for each path (like different dates for all the LIs) he would have to write and render all these paths on their own. With freeroams he can just have one big freeroam, keep like 80-85% of the renders for every path and then just modify or add certain scenes for the individual paths to make them feel coherent.
But I'm not 100% sure on that argument, either. Just from a quick glance at the image folders and comparing Ep 8 to Ep 9. It seems like there are sometimes 2x or 3x more images for a specific LI in Ep 8 compared to Ep 9. At the same time, the dorm party free roam is massively dwarfed by the Halloween Party in Ep 9.

Even if you add in all the other free roams from Ep 8, it seems like it doesn't or barely breaches 1000 renders. All 3 folders combined for the Halloween Party surpasses 2700 renders. The dorm party by itself is a little more than 600. (Side note: There are probably more freeroam renders for both Ep 8 and 9. I just took a quick glance afterall and did some some rounding down of both of the figures to keep things simple. It's also kind of iffy because it's not like every render that contains an LI/character goes into a designated folder with their name on it.)

To me, it really seems like just an unfortunate allocation of potential renders. I say unfortunate because I believe he only did a giant free roam for Ep 9 because he 1. thought it was a good idea and 2. people had been anticipating something big for Halloween since before Ep 8. I think without the Halloween party hanging over his head, it's more likely he'll scale it back.

Otherwise, it just doesn't seem to add up that he'd need more time to make separate renders for every path and not for giant freeroams. Environments? Maybe. But how much additional time can that even amount to? Especially if he could reuse some assets. Even the waterpark date with Maya and Josy was only 172 images.

The only thing I could really see him taking more time on is actually having to write out all those scenarios. In that case, it'd make sense.

In conclusion:
From a rough glance at the number of renders in Ep 8 and Ep 9, it seems like he could make separate paths work without using a freeroam. And it was a matter of it just being a one-time thing for the Halloween party or it was some reason other than it being more time-consuming to create renders for all those separate branches.

I'm still not sure. What are your opinions?

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022

It is my absolute pleasure to announce the Patreon release dates for:

Being a DIK - Episode 10: Calm Before the Snow (v0.10.0)
  • Huge DIK ($25+) tiers: Friday, December 8
  • DIK ($10+) tiers: Monday, December 11​
  • Mini DIK ($5) tier: Friday, December 22 (Patch only, needs Season 3 base game to play)​
Beta testing is fairing well, and many issues have been found and fixed. Testers and proofreader are still working hard to help me add the final layer of polishing that the episode and you deserve.

On release, there will be a patch with a file size of 5 GB. And there will be a full version, including the Interlude and episodes 9 & 10, with a file size of 12 GB.

I recommend downloading the full version if you don't know how to patch your game. There will be clear instructions in the .zip file telling you how to patch your game.

IMPORTANT!!!
Treat Season 3 as a stand-alone game; don't merge it with Season 1 & 2 data.

Merging the game with Seasons 1 and 2 will corrupt both games. I will not assist with errors and re-downloads due to faulty patching and copy & pasting. So, please make backup copies of your games before you attempt to patch them.

Need help with something?
My time to aid with installations and issues is extremely limited. Please join my Discord server for faster help with any problems during the release. The community is excellent for providing fast help to most of your problems.

Let the countdown begin.

Love

Dr PinkCake
holy moly :KEK:
zoolander-will-ferrell.gif

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
acomplete and total freeroam minigame
I'm still more inclined to believe it won't be. The argument for why it may seem easier to do big free roams just doesn't seem to add up when it comes to the render allocation. If you're considering other aspects ... maybe.

Still, I just think it was a one-time thing. Due to the Halloween party being hyped up for (I think) over 2 years and all the different crap he needed to do post ep8, he had a choice of whether to do Ep 9 like he did or try to expand on everything else and make the party free roam kinda mid.

In fact, it was already something I was worried before Ep 9 came out last year and already had doubts he'd be able to sufficiently cover everything. He had a lot on his plate in which he kind of did to himself but I digress.

Explaining the ending to Ep 8, Maya's meeting with Burke, settling things with Jill, settling things with the throuple, Zoey, planning for the Halloween party, new mini-games, the list goes on.

Who knows? Ep 10 will either confirm or deny it, I guess.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Josy and Maya have and had their problems, I don't deny that. There will also be problems. But in a relationship, problems have to be overcome. Josy and Maya do that. In doing so, they even strengthen their relationship.

There is no doubt in my mind that Josy and Maya love each other.
I agree, I just question if they really love each other the way they should or does it have more to do with MC. Could even be both

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

helltotheyep

May 28, 2018
Don't even try to defend the indefensible.

If they'd at least play the damn update before moaning about new shit that's not even known of yet, then I would understand, maybe. We're going into Ep10, basically up to roughly the 60-65% story mark, if they haven't figured out how DPC is building his game yet, not only that makes them cognitively slower than fucking molasses in winter, but also gives an air of stupidity in their wake.

So yeah, we're all tired of waiting, but it's not like we have any choice in it, fucking come to terms with this shit already people!
" cognitively slower than fucking molasses in winter" bravo on the imagery my guy(y)

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020

It is my absolute pleasure to announce the Patreon release dates for:

Being a DIK - Episode 10: Calm Before the Snow (v0.10.0)
  • Huge DIK ($25+) tiers: Friday, December 8
  • DIK ($10+) tiers: Monday, December 11​
  • Mini DIK ($5) tier: Friday, December 22 (Patch only, needs Season 3 base game to play)​
Beta testing is fairing well, and many issues have been found and fixed. Testers and proofreader are still working hard to help me add the final layer of polishing that the episode and you deserve.

On release, there will be a patch with a file size of 5 GB. And there will be a full version, including the Interlude and episodes 9 & 10, with a file size of 12 GB.

I recommend downloading the full version if you don't know how to patch your game. There will be clear instructions in the .zip file telling you how to patch your game.

IMPORTANT!!!
Treat Season 3 as a stand-alone game; don't merge it with Season 1 & 2 data.

Merging the game with Seasons 1 and 2 will corrupt both games. I will not assist with errors and re-downloads due to faulty patching and copy & pasting. So, please make backup copies of your games before you attempt to patch them.

Need help with something?
My time to aid with installations and issues is extremely limited. Please join my Discord server for faster help with any problems during the release. The community is excellent for providing fast help to most of your problems.

Let the countdown begin.

Love

Dr PinkCake
Josy looks amazing of course she always looks amazing Alady Alady :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Ray_D

Nov 13, 2022
This is what i go through every time i play a new episode.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pretty much sums up the experience.
I had to use those references :BootyTime:
deep.
GOD.jpg

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Josy and Maya have and had their problems, I don't deny that. There will also be problems. But in a relationship, problems have to be overcome. Josy and Maya do that. In doing so, they even strengthen their relationship.

There is no doubt in my mind that Josy and Maya love each other.
I agree, I just question if they really love each other the way they should or does it have more to do with MC. Could even be both
Gonna side-bust here for a moment.

We all know I'm not on their path, but that shit between them is just that: Shit. Why did I even have to get involved with it and tell them to knock it off and why tf did I have to remind them that they love each other? No, I'm not sure they do love each other. At least not as much as they did. It's something far deeper going on. It might have everything to do with the MC. I mean Josy asked what would've happened between Trem and her if she wasn't with Maya. Even though I'm not on their path. I really think Josy isn't happy with Maya and I think losing Trem(or if you're on their path) is a huge catalyst for her. I think and correct me if I'm wrong here, that Josy is starting to actually realize how much she loves Trem and I also think she's starting to focus more on that than she is on Maya. Maybe she thinks Maya is the cause for her losin Trem. Or if on their path, thinks that Maya is in her way with Trem.

Ok, side bustin done. :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes