ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I'll be more direct. You don't have to help me, but I blame myself for assuming certain things. Okay, I'll explain it to you.

The branches are there so that the MC player can enter into romantic and/or sexual relationships with girls. But Branch is independent of friendly relationships with the girls, there are no restrictions in the game.

Example. My MC has never had a romantic and/or sexual encounter with Sage and he is not on her branch. At Bailey Thanksgiving, Sage gives thanks for making true friends this year. A friendly relationship without being on the Sage branch.

My MC is not on the "Others" branch and has never had a romantic and/or sexual encounter with Riona. But Riona and the MC have a friendly relationship with each other.

Getting very close doesn't automatically mean fucking together. Elena has also become very close to the MC, as JB noted. I haven't seen Elena and the MC fuck together yet. They became very close as friends.

So that I have to explain something like that.:rolleyes:
This has like nothing to do with you original post :LOL: . and second, branching now does make a tiny bit of differences , so you as a player who has only one path, will not be as knowledgeable about the things if you not play different paths.

but hey, show me your bios of Rio , just out of curiosity, or Quinn for example, post their bios, form MC's phone, I'm curious about it

• Hey there
Reactions: dalli_x
Sep 26, 2023
Of course it has something to do with the original post you are referring to. The MC helps Riona because she's a friend and not because Quinn and/or Tommy asked for it. Friendship is the point you didn't understand.

You're welcome, you curious little devil. :devilish: :ROFLMAO:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Again. Friend relationships are not tied to branches, they are cross-branch. RP = relationship points. A friendship is also a relationship. I have plenty of RPs with Jill, Sage, and Isabella without my MC being in a romantic or sexual relationship with them. But my MC helps Sage several times and that's what you do for Friends. He also helps Jill. Does the MC Riona help in my Riona biography? Yes he does.
But your comparison with Sage and Elena is flawed here. No matter what your choices were, you were meant to be friend witth Sage & Elena. The MC being Sage's confident is canon in all branches because they bonded in the Preps mansion no matter what your choices were. Sage teaming up with the MC and the other girls to help Maya is canon. That's absolutely not the same thing with Riona and Quinn. Helping Riona with money in EP4 isn't canon, it's a choice. And you need to make this choice to get closer to her. Fucking Riona at least once is required to be able to help her with her stalker in EP8. That's a choice required, not something canon, happening in all paths. Without that, the MC doesn't even know about Riona's anguish. In fact, he doesn't even understand that Riona is part of a prostitution circle if he doesn't accept Quinn's offer. It's the same thing with Quinn, the MC doesn't know shit about Quinn's activities if he's not closed to her. In fact, he didn't even get that Quinn was selling drugs to Tommy, he only got it when Quinn explicitely confessed him in EP10 that she was Tommy's former supplier before Vinny. Yes, the MC is that stupid and clueless. Everything the MC knows about Quinn, Riona and Vinny is not canon. Your choices matter here.

You write yourself so that the branching only makes small differences and you are right. You'll find out the important information about Quinn either way because it doesn't depend on Branch. Quinn likes to fuck people, be manipulative, deal drugs, promote prostitution and stab her supposed friends (Riona, Tommy) in the back. You can get this kind of information even if you don't play the Quinn Path. The branches largely determine how a sexual and/or romantic relationship develops and you can read about that here in your thread and you can also see screenshots from you.
And here, you're making another mistake. You're confusing what you, the player knows and what the MC knows. That's completely different. Unlike the MC, you're not completely clueless because you saw a lot of scene from Quinn, Riona, Tommy or even Vinny point of view. You've got a shitload of information that the MC doesn't have. The MC doesn't share your near omniscience. If the MC doesn't get closer to Quinn and Riona, he barely knows them and he doesn't know jack shit about what they're doing. You know almost the full extend of the drug and prostitution circle but the MC doesn't.

The strange thing is that many people play all branches and still don't see various information. You may remember that I wrote before EP10 that Vinny's assessment of the MC might be wrong. I mean this in reference to his saying about barking and not biting. I wrote to make it matter why a dog barks. Strangely, the DPC confirmed this in EP10 and the Quinn Path players didn't even notice. On the Quinn path, as I've seen and read from your screenshots, Vinny calls the MC a dog again as he waits for Quinn in front of the alley. Who would have thought, Quinn has a pet that makes her wait outside the alley. Dogs have to wait in front of the store. So why should I play the Quinn Path? I already had my realization before EP10 and the Quinn path only confirms it. The MC is made into a mangy bait by Quinn in the future. Why should I play the path where the MC becomes Bait Mick V2.
Because once again, you're making assumptions based on a limited part of information and only reads what you want to read. I've already told you that you're overthinking about the whole Dog insult. I've already told you that his interaction with the MC is the same no matter what is affinity is and how you chose to react. But for some reasons, you want to read that scene in three different ways. That the same thing with the way you chose to interpret Quinn and the MC relationship the way you see fit. The MC made a choice, he confronted Quinn, she finally opened up to him and told him the whole truth about who she is and what she's doing. Something that don't happen in any other path. And the MC made a choice to be with her and to accept this part of her. But you chose to ignore all of it and stay focused on the "Dog" part, a petty insult from jerk who is supposed to be one of the main antagonist, like it was some kind of Cassandra truth.

Do I need to remind you that everything you said about Quinn craving for the CHICK MC made even more less sense now ? We're coming to the point where Quinn later confess to the MC her plans for the future and that she's not planning to take the lead of the sorority and intends to leave B&R sooner than expected. Once again, something you'll never get in any other playthrough. And that's pretty funny that you only consider the possibility that everything will go wrong for the MC or Quinn. But never once, you've considered that the MC could improve her or that they could make it work or that they could find a way out. Why ? Because you've settled your mind, the same way you seem to think than Being a Chick is the best option in all possible scenarios with all character. You have no interest in Quinn or others path, ok that's your shot. But please stop making constant assumptions on things you don't even see or read. And not just for Quinn and Riona, for all the other characters. It's maybe not the impression you want to make but do you realise how arrogant you can sound sometimes ? Telling everyone how they should interpret and read the scene even when you haven't even seen those scenes yourself ?

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
...so that this is just a trap from DPC. DPC knows exactly how to ensure that one or two players take a look at the programming. It's not a trap for the players, but for curious people like you. DPC doesn't like spoilers and if he prematurely writes detailed variables into the programming then it's like a spoiler. What you think is a trap is a variable placeholder that can be overwritten with an update.
curiosity of/for curiosity
what about his traps and checks for where game is played on - PC or not PC (Android, ports, etc)? That's also for people "like me" or for purposes to fuck with non-PC players?

What variables did you seen there? It's an affinity check and hard-jump to the next scene after the dialogue, while preventing player to make a choice, leaving the $ep10_quinn_help variable at it's default /False/ state. I bet he will make something similar for Jill path too (if not already did, I hadn't read all the code up to the moment), since some players mod their affinity to DIK for lulz.

Even a CHICK MC under the influence can fuck Quinn on the roof of the DIK Mansion in EP4. Who sees this? Jacob. Jacob is a chatterbox and has nothing better to do than tell the DIKs and who knows who else. If the MC has an LI, especially Jill, Josy and Maya, then the MC is vulnerable to blackmail. I wrote a long time ago to make the CHICK MC the least vulnerable to blackmail. Nevertheless it is possible. The really violent DIK MC is actually constantly open to blackmail. That's why this is probably a placeholder variable that will also annoy cheaters. But DPC doesn't give spoilers.
:KEK: :HideThePain:
wtf?

MOST or ALL of MC sexual adventures DOESN'T count before the commitment. Well, it doesn't mean zero consequences or awkward situations, but still - you're not obliged to be "honest" before you proclaimed relationships and exclusiveness with somebody. You may stay honest before that and it's great in some sense, but you not obliged to. The only girls who cares and ask you about it in details is J&M (same goes for MC ex - Zoey). The consequences is RP +/0/- so far. Blackmail with what? The scene you mentioning (EP4 roof scene after smoking weed) is happening even before clearing things with J&M - I could understand if it takes place after joining the Throuple. But game automatically cock-blocks you from Quinn after you deciding to try "something more" with J&M. I don't get where do you see here any grounds for blackmailing and what for. MC fucked Quinn, ok, and what? When it happened? Before they talked in the library and reconciled. All future sex with her is autoblocked - nothing to deal with. Same goes for most of teachers (Cathy, Nora, Jade) - the most massive autoblock than on any other path.

dalli_x_jm.jpg

:WeSmart:

What a sly guy, allowed Quinn to rape fuck him in order not to swallow a condom and talks here about morality and sex on the roof, Jacob the blackmailer and so on.

And with the latest update, DPC catched your tricky ass and deprived of +3RP for J&M :ROFLMAO:
You "afraid" of Jacob, but doesn't afraid some of the HOTs like Sarah and Melanie, who knows everything and gossips as hell. I bet you fucked Quinn to win the Hell week, since it was the only "safe" option to win it w/o fucking anybody else. So, Jacob just does MC a favor and gets him +1 point during evaluation by sharing what he had seen with DIK brothers. No Hell Week winning anymore if you want to "impress" J&M and stay "clean", deal with it.

I just remembered something and it's about Dwayne. Players who have turned off the mini-games will not be able to notice this. In EP2, the player can decide whether to fight the jocks or not. I wrote a long time ago that DPC might have given us a clue here. Which? The MC thinks to himself so he shouldn't show his fighting skill. I came up with this because it's never good to just show what you can do when it's not necessary. This takes away the element of surprise. That's why the MC can't fight Caleb if the MC doesn't fight the jocks in EP2. In EP10 this theory is even confirmed, again independently of Branch. Hahahaha.

Something is very obvious about Alex that confirms my old theory. The MC player can learn a special move in the first Brawler minigame round against Dwayne if he beats Dwayne. In the second Brawler mini-game round, Dwayne cheers when the MC uses his newly learned special punch. But when he uses it against Alex, Dwayne isn't happy. I wonder why? The MC shows Alex what he learned from Dwayne. The MC reveals his skill to Alex and so the jocks will find out about it and can prepare.
The whole crowd reacts differently. I can't read the disappointment or unhappiness of Dwayne face. Something like concern - yeah.
Why only Alex? What about Chao or Tate? You may use this special attack even against Dwayne himself, lol.

Last edited:

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

Another year, another Q&A session. Thanks for your questions! I've read all of them but can't answer most questions due to spoilers.

If you're interested, you can read all past Q&As here. These Q&A events have already addressed many repeat questions.

I will answer your questions about my games in part 1, which you're reading.

In part 2, I will answer your questions about game development.

There might be some updated answers to repeat questions in the mix. Enjoy the reading!

If you haven't played episode 10 yet, this post has potential spoilers. I'm not spoiling future content. Read my answers at your own risk.

How many episodes total will DIK be? Has the count raised or lowered as you write the story?

The episode count has increased since the start of the project. Originally, I thought I'd need something close to 8-12 episodes to tell the story, with way shorter episodes. Today, I'm fairly sure that Season 4 will be the final season. I also suspect it won't be a traditional season, as it includes the endings. How many episodes Season 4 will have isn't decided yet, but I know the rough outline of the final season, and I will enjoy every moment of creating the conclusion to the story.

We are getting closer to the end as episodes start answering more questions than asking new ones. I believe my previous estimate was 15-17 episodes, and depending on how the episodes will be counted in the final season, I believe we're looking at something like 14-16 episodes total for the game. I know I need up until episode 14, for sure. At that point, it gets blurry, but I'm not stopping until the endings are what I want them to be. I don't want to rush the end of the game, but I don't intend to linger to extend it beyond what's needed.

How long do you plan to make BaDIK?

Until it's done. There's an end in sight, but I couldn't guess when that is. Going into the project, I estimated the game would take me five years to create. We're past that point now, and I'm happy the project grew even more ambitious than originally intended. I have no maximum number of years I allow myself to work on the project. I only intend to finish it, no matter how long it takes.

When first creating the different SGs, did you ever imagine that they would get such a big following?

I thought the nature of their roles would be more of a supporting role and that the story would focus on fewer characters. I quickly realized that this wasn't possible. It wouldn't make sense to have these hollow shells walking around campus, not having goals and motivations.

The first viewport render of Riona's completed model.
So, I expanded on many of them, and as their characters grew with time, so did their following. Many good things came out of it organically. Picture if only Sage, Quinn, Camila, and Riona were the HOT girls who got scenes and dialogue while all other HOTs were in the background, never contributing to the story. I doubt there would be such extensive discussion about the story and characters in the game if I had kept characters in background roles.

Being a Dik has achieved quite a lot of recognition and been rather well recieved. Was there ever a moment where it struck you just how big it had gotten?

I try not to think about it too much. The game doesn't define me as a person, and I've learned to separate work and my real life throughout these years. I get too many messages to read, and it becomes a blur. In those messages, I receive a lot of love and praise but also a lot of malice. I disconnect from all of it - good and bad - to cope with the recognition. I use jokes often to cope - I always had that defense mechanism, which works great for me.

When you start thinking about how many players are waiting for you to do something and do it well and fast... It adds pressure to every word you type and every render you make. Disconnecting from those thoughts helps me focus on the game and not let the pressure get to me and affect my work. I hope that when I'm done with game development, I will better appreciate my games' impact on this part of the industry. These games have changed my life in ways I couldn't have imagined going into this.

What other alternative names did you have before coming up with DIK?

I'm unsure whether you're referring to the frat name or the game title, so I'll answer both. I knew the frat name from when I made Acting Lessons, so I never considered other options. I planned to make Being a DIK a prequel to Acting Lessons and started flavoring the prequel in Acting Lessons. But I scrapped that idea and kept some ideas I liked a lot.

Regarding the game title, I know I played around with the DIK name a lot before settling on Being a DIK, but I remember it being a fast process. In August 2018, while I was working on the last episode of Acting Lessons, I came up with the name. I had started making the models for the main girls when I mentioned the full title for the first time to a close friend.

The first time I mentioned the game name to someone.
It appears that a lot of the groundwork for the remainder of the season has been laid. Do you foresee similar dev length cycles for the remaining episodes, and if so, will it be for the purpose of adding more content to the story, or is this still something you play by ear, and when you feel the episode is done, it's done?

Yes, the groundwork has been done for many big areas of the season - mini-games and the in-game phone. I can focus on the meat of the story for the remaining two episodes of Season 3 faster than Episodes 9 and 10.

I can't predict the length of development cycles, and I don't want to work that way with deadlines that get pushed and trust that gets affected as a result. I don't stand anything to gain from the stress of setting a fixed development cycle length. On the other hand, I'd lose a lot from doing it. I'd lose the freedom to feel inspired, and I want to be able to add more in areas I think need it. I have worked this way since the start of this project and will continue to work this way until it's completed. I always let my gut decide when the episode feels balanced enough and where to limit content.

When the final episode is finally published, do you think you would want to remaster the early episodes to bring them up to the current standards? Comparing season 1 to now shows a massive improvement in render quality, so I was curious if you'd want to try and make it more uniform.

A remaster can at least be considered when the game is complete. Remastering earlier than that is pointless, as I'd rob that remaster of any further improvements I make while developing the remaining episodes. There is a lack of consistency in art and coding, and you can see the journey of improvement throughout the game.

I'd be interested in remastering parts of the game, but I want to keep the same soul as the original renders. Since I have saved every .duf file (the art files for DAZ3D) I've ever produced, I could revisit them and update the lighting and settings for static renders to improve them. On the other hand, animations would require much more work as they would almost have to be remade from scratch to be properly remastered to my current standard.

Remastering the game is a big task, with a lot of manual work involved. We are not talking months; we are talking years. I would not jump on it before making plans on how to do it and where to limit it - e.g., Season 1 only or Season 2 as well. I will think about it later when it's relevant.

Any plans to update the old English class tests with new mechanics?

See my previous answer for my thoughts on remastering the game. When/if that happens, I'd update the English class in Seasons 1 and 2; I love how it came out in episode 10.

For episode 10, I improved the English mini-game because I felt it was easy and fast to do. It's not the first time I've done such an upgrade to an existing mini-game. Brawler is in its third version now. Not many remember or will ever have played the original version.

The original Brawler version from Episodes 1 and 2.
What has been the most pleasant surprise about the fandom/community that has grown around the game through the years?

I am blown away by the passion players have for the games I create. I didn't expect people to care this deeply about my stories, to the extent that they talk about every minute detail they find. Seeing this amount of passion from fans has been a very pleasant, overwhelming, and humbling surprise. It fuels me.

The relationships with the mains and others are very complex and thought out; when you planned their original backstories, did you plan on it being this complex and thoughtful, or has this been something you have done as you've created more episodes?

The complexity has certainly grown with time, but most backstories have been written since the early days. As episodes progress, more layers are added to the characters, and they will evolve in ways I couldn't have planned early.

I always keep their backstories and end goals in mind when writing. Still, they do get fleshed out more than originally intended because the project also has gotten bigger than I anticipated.

Why is there an uptick as of late to push seemingly unimportant elements in scenes a certain way? A perfect example is Anal being the only option in certain lewd scenes. If this was just with the "side" tracks, I get it, but not the mains, especially when other mains have almost every option under the sun.

Players like different things during lewd scenes, and anal sex is a popular fetish. With recent examples in mind, I wanted Sage and Bella to get dedicated anal sex scenes because the narrative fit, and it felt new and fresh for them. Some players have waited since episode 1 to have anal sex with those girls, and it was finally time to spoil them with those lewd scenes. I'm aware that players who don't like anal sex won't enjoy such lewd scenes, but that won't stop me from adding them when I see fit. Lewd scenes will be different occasionally to keep things fresh and exciting, and they won't be according to everyone's taste - that's impossible. I'm sure there will be scenes that you will enjoy in the future, too.

Something easy to lose track of is the bigger picture of the game. When the game is complete, I doubt you will feel like it's all about anal sex or whatever fetish you don't enjoy, but that there's an overall balance of scenes and variety. At least, that's what I aim for, which means there will be episodes where people enjoy lewd scenes to different degrees.

If the storylines of other characters and the MC are not concluded, would you consider incorporating additional chapters for the supporting characters once the MC's narrative is completed?

Rest assured, when I'm done with the game, the storylines will be concluded as I intended. I'm not planning on making a sequel to the game, and I'm not interested in making any spin-off games focusing on some of the characters. While I'm certain players will want more, and it will be a sad moment when everything ends, those are the feelings and memories I want to leave players with.

Do you enjoy seeing the theories people come up with for how the story will progress and seeing who followed the breadcrumbs well and who couldn't be more wrong?

I find reactions and discussions of theories fun. It's interesting to see if someone spots meticulously placed details and how players' theories change with time and as more story is revealed. It's also fun to see how players' perceptions of characters change with time. I view the characters in my way, and it's insightful to see others come at it from another angle.

I've seen all kinds of theories, correct and incorrect. I've seen the community agree on correct theories, and I've seen the community agree on incorrect theories and even shoot down correct theories that didn't get enough afterthought before being dismissed.

Theories make the reactions even better to me. People who've guessed it correctly get rewarded by revelations, and others get possibly mindfucked by the real answers. I enjoy mysteries in fiction, which makes it fun to create some of my own and watch others try to solve them. It is very entertaining and a privilege to experience this as a writer/developer.

Obviously, you have the overall story for the game and for each episode planned out, but how much do you change or add to it during development, for example, adding another scene for a character that has become popular with the players (or changing the girl), adding a scene to further character development or even just adding/changing a scene on a whim because you feel it might be better this way?

I add scenes during development based on what I know the overall story will be. Sometimes, scenes are added to give desired character development. So, there's a mix of what's already planned and creating scenes in the moment.

One in-the-moment scene I created for episode 10 was Sage's overnight stay in MC's room. Even though it's a minor scene, it does a lot for her character and their relationship, and I love how it came out. It also makes replays of the game more interesting, as that free-roam variation is unique to her branch.

So far in Season 3, I've wanted to deepen the characters' relationships with the MC, so I've added scenes that fit that theme. I don't add scenes based on popularity among players; the overall balance often decides who gets another scene.

I'd like to know, does fan/Patreon feedback/response to a chapter impact your plans for future updates? If so, how much of an impact does it have, and are there any examples of this from past chapters you can talk about?

Story-related feedback/response does not affect planned content. With no intention of sounding rude, players' opinions about the story, who gets screen time, or lewd scenes don't matter to me. Players are in for the ride but not driving the car.

The only feedback I consider are QoL improvements to the game, bug reports, and typo reports. I make occasional surveys to see if I can improve in some area, but other than that, I don't want fans/players to have a say in what's being created. I don't like when developers change their ideas to cater to or in response to the audience - I don't think any true author does. Planning everything as much as possible in advance makes it easy to stay true to the original ideas. Among the QoL improvements from the community I have implemented, you can find typing in English class, color-blindness support, the fast travel system, the optional black text box behind dialogue, and middle-clicking to open/close apps on the phone.

Which of the paths was the most fun for you to work on in the last update? What were your favorite scenes to make in Episode 10?

Most of all, I enjoyed writing the canon story for episode 10, and that's almost always the case. There were some big reveals and plot developments that I'd been waiting a long time for, and I got all giddy and excited when I finally got to write them. And then I realized that this is what I will feel with every episode from now on, as we're approaching the end of the game. But to respect your question, I didn't have a favorite among the different branches.

My biggest issue with episode 10 was finding a good balance between them - especially the Josy and Maya branch. I knew that this episode was going to lean heavily into the canon story events of Maya and had to keep that in mind when writing content for the branches so as not to overwhelm the screen time of one girl. There could be similar issues in the future, too, for example, if another girl gets canon story focus and less content on their branch.

I loved working on Bella's lewd scene and everything before it. Her dialogue in the scene on the sofa and during beer pong made me laugh a lot while writing. I felt inspired while posing animations for her and developed new animation tricks because of it.

I enjoyed the reveals that came with Jill's branch and the visit to her home. I also loved working on her lewd scene and creating new animation types for her model. Jill's lewd scene marks the point where I decided to go all in on 60 fps animations.

Sage's date scene was a lot of fun, and I loved working on the restaurant scene because of the beautiful environment. But her date also posed a great deal of issues with one animation. Her walking animation took me five tries until I was happy with it - sometimes, this happened when it had been rendered to completion. Every time I see it, I kick myself for the issues I let slide because I tend to be a perfectionist with details.

A frame from one of the botched animations
While also canon scenes, I loved working on Josy's and Maya's solo scenes - pillow fort and movie night scenes. I can't decide which of the two scenes I like more, and that's what I aimed for when creating them.

The Others branch had several scenes I loved creating. I have difficulty deciding which scene is my favorite. I'm very happy about Quinn's car ride animation and its song choice.

The scenes I had the most fun making in the episode were the yoga scene and the long intro to the DIKs' BBQ. I love writing interactions between the DIKs, and this moment made me reminisce about the DIK scene in episode 6, where they celebrate MC's birthday.

Which character has evolved the most, in your opinion, since the start of the story? How much of that was preplanned or a natural part of the story growth?

It's a difficult question to answer because of the game's timeline. Some events happened before MC was born, and until now, the better part of the game has happened during a few months of his life. Just like in real life, time and events make you evolve as a person, and I would argue that most characters you see in the game haven't evolved much, but it's been revealed more and more who they are as persons - you've gotten to know them.

It would be a cop-out to say that Neil, MC, and Zoey have evolved the most because you see them at different stages of their lives. Some characters won't grow as much as others in a short period, just like in real life. To give somewhat of an answer, I'd say I like how Maya, Quinn, and Sage reveal more and more of their characters - they feel very dynamic and fleshed out by now. The growth you see comes naturally as the plot moves toward its destination.

What is the name of your MC? What name do you always use when you play?

For obvious reasons, as a developer, I name them "Pink," "Pink DIK," and "Pink CHICK." I always go with Miller as the default last name, too.

The music in BaD is so good that it deserves a soundtrack release. Is that something you can make happen? I am sure I am not the only one who would purchase it.

I love the soundtrack, too, but sadly, what you ask cannot happen because of the nature of the licenses. Most songs are licensed for one-time use within the game, and I cannot resell those songs - they aren't mine to sell. I can't upload them to YouTube or any other site; it would be illegal. And I cannot sell songs with a CC0 license, either. The only songs I can sell are the ones I produce myself, but you can get those for free on my Discord server.

If you weren't making BaD and were just a player, would you prefer to have discovered the game after it's been completed or be a part of the journey waiting for each episode?

To be a part of the journey, hands down. I love having things to look forward to. While playing everything at once can be nice, you'd miss out on fun things like theory-crafting, reflecting on content, and playing a new episode for the first time after waiting for it. With a game this long, I fear I'd rush through it because I had to see what happens next immediately and not savor the experience. I prefer to have many things to wait for and be excited about, whether it be games, movies, TV shows, albums, concerts, events, or activities. Life is much more enjoyable that way to me.

Without spoilers, is there any scene between episode 10 and the end of the game that you're more excited to make and/or see fan reactions for than any other scenes? What episode is it planned to appear in?

Without spoilers, the only way I can answer this one is "An emphatic yes. Holy fuck, yes. I've waited many years for this. Yes. Yes. Yes!".

Can we get the option to turn on and off individual mini-games? I kinda liked the science game and the party planner, but I'm sure others didn't so they could tailored to individual choices.

The short answer is no. Long answer: this is how the game was designed, and that's why it was prompted when you started the game to disable mini-games or not. I use many variables from the mini-games in the story, and how I handle those differs from mini-game to mini-game. For instance, in the party planner mini-game, I use individual happiness as a parameter to flavor the story. Turning on and off mini-games at a whim wouldn't work with that integration, and it would also mess with the balancing of the money system (perks, upgrades, wallet, free-roam money, money spent during choices, etc.). The seemingly simple task of turning on and off selected mini-games becomes less than trivial with all that and more in mind. It's easier to have a binary on or off switch for all of them at the start. I'd recommend having a healthy mix of saves with and without mini-games if you find them tedious while replaying. Also, nothing says you must get a "perfect score" every time you play mini-games. Go ahead and fail mini-games; maybe you will discover something new.

So. Dawearts and the whole arieth model thing. Is there some history between DPC and Dawe that see them and Arieth in the way they are? Curious is all, and if it's bad blood, kudos...

Haha, there's no bad blood there. Dawe is a friend of mine and an awesome person. There is a fun story behind it, but I'm unsure if I have shared it on Patreon before.

In 2018, I had a team of moderators/admins on Discord that I wanted to thank extra by letting them name a character in an upcoming game (Being a DIK). I asked Dawe something like, "Do you want to name a nerd or a jock?". He said he wanted his name for the character as long as he was straight in the game, and he wanted to be a jock. So, the Dawe character was named after him, but his role in the story was already planned and had no connection. IRL Dawe also makes 3D art as a hobby, and I asked him if he wanted his model Arieth in the game as Dawe's girlfriend - to make it extra special for him. And he was excited about that.

Now...the thing with me that you understand once you get to know me is that I can be a bit of a troll and dick with people I love, and I love making friends laugh. And Dawe sure got more than he asked for. Knowing he's this good, funny guy who can laugh at things, I surprised him with what Arieth and Dawe (in-game) would become. He found it hilarious, and writing jokes for Arieth is one of the best things I know because it's on such a different level of comedy than the rest of the game. There's no connection to IRL Dawe aside from their shared online name. And while Arieth's appearance in the game may taint the art IRL Dawe still makes for Arieth's model on his end, it should be treated as something separate. I have nothing but love and respect for the guy.

What has been your favorite part of each episode in season 3 so far?

It depends on what lens I'm looking at the episode through. The answers would differ from a developer's and a player's point of view, so I'll give you both.

Developer point of view:

My favorite part about the Interlude was writing new characters from scratch and condensing their stories into one episode. Replaying it and reading the dialogue, I genuinely feel it's some of my best work. It feels so different from the rest of the game, yet familiar. To me, it reaffirmed that I could create something new from scratch and still make it interesting and that a female MC was interesting to write.

In episode 9, I most enjoyed making the party planning mini-game. Especially how it added to the gameplay and shaped the party throughout the episode. I also loved making the three longer cutscene animations in the episode. They took a long time to create, and I'm very proud of them.

In episode 10, my favorite part to make was the BBQ party. I laughed a lot while creating the scenes where the MC eats shrooms and ended up creating this free-roam, which plays vastly differently depending on that major choice.

Player point of view:

I particularly love the scene where Zoey gets her tattoo and the scene after it when she talks to Bret on the roof. The music, the ambiance, the emotions, the dialogue - I love it!

In episode 9, I loved seeing all the main girls interact. It took many episodes to reach that point, and finally, seeing those scenes felt so good. I think this answer is a bit biased from the developer's point of view.

In episode 10, my favorite scenes are the yoga - Dick butt energy. Activate! - and BBQ scenes.

What was the most sentimental scene for you in episode 10?

The most sentimental scenes of episode 10 were the ones with Helen. Writing something so personal into the game was a weird kind of torture, and I struggled to read those scenes without crying. The living hell of auto-immune disease hits home for many, but past DrPinkCake was a cunt and said it should be in the game, yet present DrPinkCake wasn't prepared to write it.

What would you say was most fun about writing the dynamic between Maya and Derek's parents for episode 10?

I wouldn't describe their characters as fun to write. Helen's and Patrick's scenes were the most difficult parts to write in episode 10 as their story got me very emotional. Among the details I liked to create with those characters involved, I appreciate how their home goes from a homely environment with many plants and flowers to a much colder home as Helen's health deteriorates and Patrick can't keep up. That's a detail I like a lot.

Their scenes provided a good opportunity to show character growth as well. It allowed players to understand Patrick more. While a horrible revelation, it was satisfying to finally write the "Do you see?" moment that had been successfully hidden in the game from most players. That's a big payoff moment that gave me chills to create. A lot of subtle foreshadowing and planning went into that part of the story.

Episode 10 touched upon some very serious and potentially triggering topics also with major things happening in the story itself. My question is whether the player base reacted to all of that the way you expected it to, and if not, to what scene/topic did their reaction differ the most from the one you imagined?

I anticipated and hoped that the intro scene would cause an emotional response from invested players, and I'm happy that it did and that many could relate to the overall story of the Baileys. There's a comfort and togetherness to be found in knowing others deal with similar hardships. Just like writing about serious topics helps me vent and is highly therapeutic, scenes of that nature might help players process their emotions or open up to someone.

With my history in this business, I prepare mentally for the worst kind of response whenever I put an episode out. Today, the overall response is rather mild because players who know me expect me to pull on their heartstrings and surprise them. I'm writing a lot of comedy, but I'm also writing a lot of drama. And drama can get dark. I'm not a stranger to writing about serious topics, nor will I shy away from them. With Episode 10 released, I hope players who got triggered or sad reflect again on the multiple warnings the game comes with for their own sake.

Thanks for reading!

Part 2 of this year's Q&A will be published later this month.​

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
No one asked him why Arieth isn't a romance option.
Even though she is like the perfect girl for me.

If I went to B&R I would ask her out straight away.

• Wow
Reactions: Kpyna

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
No one asked him why Arieth isn't a romance option.
Even though she is like the perfect girl for me.

If I went to B&R I would ask her out straight away.
She is an option, but to unlock her you have to fuck all of the other HOTs first. The real goal of the game is to fuck all the HOTs in a race to beat Arieth before she fucks all the DIKs and she has a massive head start. I've banged all the HOTs except Elena so only one more name on the list. John Boy don't fail me now. After that, Arieth and her seafood buffet go right in the bag with the rest of them and then you get a happy Game Over screen at you and Arieth's wedding with her holding Jacob's son.

• Wow
Reactions: Joshy92

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
BREAKING NEWS.

Massive BaDik Rewrite In Response To Copyright Property, Delay to mid-2025, Sources Say.

(Chickasha, Oklahoma). Sources close to contract negotiations of various intellectual property and copyright with the Being a Dik Virtual Novel have stated significant problems in this regard have arisen that may require a massive rewrite of the game and cause delays for the next release to slip to mid-2025 at the earliest.

The problem started when a major idea provider for the project raised fees for his intellectual property and copyright of a certain function of the game that requires a "CHICK" alignment for the main character.

The provider known only as Joshy92 told sources that DPC won't pay up on the price rise which he sees as justified. Also, use of the original CHICK alignment appliance came with alleged agreements between Joshy92 and DPC that certain "LIs" and "Sides" would be portrayed a certain way.

At this time the gap appears to be widening in this dispute as someone allied to DPC but who has business dealings with Joshy92 leaked the following phone text.

I wish there was a super chick route.
Being a massive chick just isn't enough for me.
I need the mc to be even nicer to the lovely ladies of B&R.
This is a developing story and updates will follow.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
She is an option, but to unlock her you have to fuck all of the other HOTs first. The real goal of the game is to fuck all the HOTs in a race to beat Arieth before she fucks all the DIKs and she has a massive head start. I've banged all the HOTs except Elena so only one more name on the list. John Boy don't fail me now. After that, Arieth and her seafood buffet go right in the bag with the rest of them and then you get a happy Game Over screen at you and Arieth's wedding with her holding Jacob's son.
Marry Arieth?
Now that would be a dream ending.

And about the kid
If anyone asks, we will say she cucked me and got pregnant by accident.
I don't want anyone to think she is promiscuous.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
curiosity of/for curiosity
what about his traps and checks for where game is played on - PC or not PC (Android, ports, etc)? That's also for people "like me" or for purposes to fuck with non-PC players?

What variables did you seen there? It's an affinity check and hard-jump to the next scene after the dialogue, while preventing player to make a choice, leaving the $ep10_quinn_help variable at it's default /False/ state. I bet he will make something similar for Jill path too (if not already did, I hadn't read all the code up to the moment), since some players mod their affinity to DIK for lulz.
This is a placeholder so as not to be a spoiler. You fell for it. You are looking for meaning where there is, I repeat, "YET" no meaning. This meaning will only be added in another or later EP. DPC used your curiosity against you to screw you over because you saw something in the programming that would later be changed.
:KEK: :HideThePain:
wtf?

MOST or ALL of MC sexual adventures DOESN'T count before the commitment. Well, it doesn't mean zero consequences or awkward situations, but still - you're not obliged to be "honest" before you proclaimed relationships and exclusiveness with somebody. You may stay honest before that and it's great in some sense, but you not obliged to. The only girls who cares and ask you about it in details is J&M (same goes for MC ex - Zoey). The consequences is RP +/0/- so far. Blackmail with what? The scene you mentioning (EP4 roof scene after smoking weed) is happening even before clearing things with J&M - I could understand if it takes place after joining the Throuple. But game automatically cock-blocks you from Quinn after you deciding to try "something more" with J&M. I don't get where do you see here any grounds for blackmailing and what for. MC fucked Quinn, ok, and what? When it happened? Before they talked in the library and reconciled. All future sex with her is autoblocked - nothing to deal with. Same goes for most of teachers (Cathy, Nora, Jade) - the most massive autoblock than on any other path.

View attachment 3330403

:WeSmart:

What a sly guy, allowed Quinn to rape fuck him in order not to swallow a condom and talks here about morality and sex on the roof, Jacob the blackmailer and so on.

And with the latest update, DPC catched your tricky ass and deprived of +3RP for J&M :ROFLMAO:
You "afraid" of Jacob, but doesn't afraid some of the HOTs like Sarah and Melanie, who knows everything and gossips as hell. I bet you fucked Quinn to win the Hell week, since it was the only "safe" option to win it w/o fucking anybody else. So, Jacob just does MC a favor and gets him +1 point during evaluation by sharing what he had seen with DIK brothers. No Hell Week winning anymore if you want to "impress" J&M and stay "clean", deal with it.
So there won't be any consequences if the MC is at the restaurant and fucked Sarah in Derek's Closet? Did you forget the end of EP9 and the beginning of EP10? Spoiler. Derek finds a camera in his closet. Do you want to cover your statement again?

Really think about the rooftop fuck with Quinn. It doesn't matter if that was before signing with JM or not. The bottom line is for Quinn to know that the MC likes Maya and Maya doesn't like Quinn. If Maya finds out about this, the JM relationship will be broken. That is a consequence.

Because Quinn knows how the MC feels about Maya, badger sex with Quinn makes the MC vulnerable to blackmail if the MC doesn't want Maya to find out. Tommy doesn't want the MC to be with Josy. What if Tommy tells Josy or Maya so the MC had sex with Quinn on the roof what he knows about Jacob. A crack in the relationship. These are consequences.

It's nice what you underlined. But Josy may already know so Quinn and Camila stole the MC's clothes and the MC ran naked across campus not once but twice. From where? In EP7, Josy finds out about this situation from Elena and we find out when the MC chats with Josy. Oops.

My MC was tied up during the cum petition. Quinn then took the MC's cock. I decided to tell Quinn to stop. Afterwards my MC got pissed and said that to Derek. Consequences. What did Derek say to the MC in EP10? That he feels violated. My MC says so that Derek wasn't raped. But how can my MC say something like that to Derek. With Derek it's pictures and with the MC it was rape in my eyes because the MC told Quinn to stop and didn't tease her. Quinn won't say a word about the cum petition like this because otherwise her ass will be hanging in the air.

First, my MC didn't fuck Quinn because the "WEED" Major Choice prevented it and I didn't want to either. Glad there was a DIK point for that, but let me remind you what Jill said about her date with Rusty. I don't collect DIK RPs at any price. Screw the “Hell Week” victory. For me it's a draw between Derek and the MC. 7-7. Derek only wins because Tommy decides and I don't care what Tommy does. What is the price for winning Hell Week? So that the DIK MC gets the opportunity to fuck the madame. God, I would pay not to fuck her.

What a smart guy brings up the example that DPC changed in the latest update so that the MC only gets 1 JM RP and doesn't understand, so DPC screwed him with a placeholder in the programming. You tripped yourself up.
The whole crowd reacts differently. I can't read the disappointment or unhappiness of Dwayne face. Something like concern - yeah.
Why only Alex? What about Chao or Tate? You may use this special attack even against Dwayne himself, lol.
One face of Dwayne is happy and the other face looks rather serious. The crowd doesn't care because Dwayne trains the MC and no one else. Dwayne's facial expressions are decisive.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kpyna

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod BaDIK S3 Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)
View attachment 3328143
Links in mod's OP are updated accordingly.
( Simply click on the banner image above )

You'll have to manually click on the banner above, since SanchoMod has been pulled from this VN's OP yet again.
Politics and favoritism keep oppressing the (arguably) best mod on the planet, go figure.

Changlelog:
  • By user request: Added a CriticalPath screen at the beginning of Ep9 for the ability to change Ep8's (Season 2) Mansion minigame outcome.
  • By user request: Added a SanchoCheat for the Mansion minigame outcome.
If you desire to change the outcome of Season 2's Mansion minigame in Season 3: for the most pure playthrough of Season 3 I suggest starting a new game via "Import" at the Main Menu and replaying Ep9-Ep10. This will offer you the most correct version of the story and all possible menu choices/stat outcomes. See post here in the mod's thread for details, but to summarize: After importing and either playing or skipping Interlude you will be presented with the CritcalPath screen to either change the outcome or continue with zero alterations to your data. The second pic below is via an import where the minigame was Won, the third is with an import where the minigame was Lost:

If you are in a bind then you can use the option in SanchoCheats (it will only be available to select if you are currently in Ep9 or Ep10 for safety reasons) but Rusty's bio info won't reflect this Mansion change. Everything else will be stable. If changing to obtain Ep9's Quinn scene then make the change before the below example:

What this update won't do: It won't unlock any additional Season 2's Steam achievements (if using that platform) obviously. If you desire to unlock those and need assistance (or a proper guide) with the Mansion minigame outcome then install SanchoMod for Season 2 and pay attention to the MiniStat during the Mansion events for automated/dynamic assistance. If you wish to read about this particular minigame feature including sample images see post here in the mod's thread from last year.

Other notes of interest:
For a complete list of Season 3 minigame SanchoCheats see post here.
For an exhaustive feature listing of SanchoMod advanced features for S1/2 and S3 see the mod's FAQ here. It's not all-inclusive but explains many of the latest feature sets.

Update Installation:
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Regards and enjoy.
SanchoNote

For those that might have an opinion on very specific named save behavior/tweaks, please feel free to visit the mod's thread and start with the request post here and read that followed the next few posts of my thoughts/ideas regarding the request.

I'm open to suggestion regarding this particular VN's mod since I use it most for the template of ideas and experimentation for all SanchoMods across VNs it's implemented on.

I you don't care or can't be bothered, thanks for reading and please disregard while going back to searching for your next meme to post in this thread. :p:ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your time. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any plans to update the old English class tests with new mechanics?

See my previous answer for my thoughts on remastering the game. When/if that happens, I'd update the English class in Seasons 1 and 2; I love how it came out in episode 10.

For episode 10, I improved the English mini-game because I felt it was easy and fast to do. It's not the first time I've done such an upgrade to an existing mini-game. Brawler is in its third version now. Not many remember or will ever have played the original version.
Oh, DP, I remember... and I remember every damn time I have to alter mod code to appease your new whimsical and rather mischievous changes. :p

Do you enjoy seeing the theories people come up with for how the story will progress and seeing who followed the breadcrumbs well and who couldn't be more wrong?

I find reactions and discussions of theories fun. It's interesting to see if someone spots meticulously placed details and how players' theories change with time and as more story is revealed. It's also fun to see how players' perceptions of characters change with time. I view the characters in my way, and it's insightful to see others come at it from another angle.

I've seen all kinds of theories, correct and incorrect. I've seen the community agree on correct theories, and I've seen the community agree on incorrect theories and even shoot down correct theories that didn't get enough afterthought before being dismissed.

Theories make the reactions even better to me. People who've guessed it correctly get rewarded by revelations, and others get possibly mindfucked by the real answers. I enjoy mysteries in fiction, which makes it fun to create some of my own and watch others try to solve them. It is very entertaining and a privilege to experience this as a writer/developer.
There's a shit-ton of folks in this thread that should read this... imho.

If the storylines of other characters and the MC are not concluded, would you consider incorporating additional chapters for the supporting characters once the MC's narrative is completed?

Rest assured, when I'm done with the game, the storylines will be concluded as I intended. I'm not planning on making a sequel to the game, and I'm not interested in making any spin-off games focusing on some of the characters. While I'm certain players will want more, and it will be a sad moment when everything ends, those are the feelings and memories I want to leave players with.
Thank fucking goodness.

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
This is a placeholder so as not to be a spoiler. You fell for it. You are looking for meaning where there is, I repeat, "YET" no meaning. This meaning will only be added in another or later EP. DPC used your curiosity against you to screw you over because you saw something in the programming that would later be changed.
I respect this point of view, let's see.

Regardless, I don't see any spoilers in this trap. I see an intention to fuck up the gameplay for some players. Besides that you can assume everything, it's no worse or better than looking for clues in renders, character words, or some other patterns. Even if your theory wins, you can't be 100% sure until event you theorized about happens in the game. The clue we are talking about, that can help with support of some theory regarding Quinn is not so significant to be a double trap you're talking about. Theories about the theories or traps is a quite new level, no shit :KEK:

So there won't be any consequences if the MC is at the restaurant and fucked Sarah in Derek's Closet? Did you forget the end of EP9 and the beginning of EP10? Spoiler. Derek finds a camera in his closet. Do you want to cover your statement again?
Why you asking me? I can't know that. And why you switched to Sarah and restaurant at all? We talked about fucking Quinn before committing with J&M and difference between sex during CUM-petition and sex on the roof. Both is possible w/o joining the restaurant and always free, btw, except 3-some with Riona and her. Your MC can agree to use the restaurant, but never use it, for example. Then what? Or you may use it selectively, only with Riona and Camila, but, for example NEVER fucking Quinn at the same time. And a lot of other permutations. Sex with Sarah, especially after camera reveal is a special case.

There are so many unknown variables in this equation that it's hard to guess how this major choice in general or ordering certain "dishes" can affect anything and when or why.

If you want my opinion, sex with Quinn is nothing, even for J&M branch. At least until you haven't agreed to use the restaurant AND bought some dishes there. If MC agreed and never used it - nobody have any evidence (well, Quinn have, but it's just her word), just MCs conscience. Everything beyond that tends to numerous possible outcomes and consequences and not only for J&M branch, I suppose.

Really think about the rooftop fuck with Quinn. It doesn't matter if that was before signing with JM or not. The bottom line is for Quinn to know that the MC likes Maya and Maya doesn't like Quinn. If Maya finds out about this, the JM relationship will be broken. That is a consequence.

Because Quinn knows how the MC feels about Maya, badger sex with Quinn makes the MC vulnerable to blackmail if the MC doesn't want Maya to find out. Tommy doesn't want the MC to be with Josy. What if Tommy tells Josy or Maya so the MC had sex with Quinn on the roof what he knows about Jacob. A crack in the relationship. These are consequences.
Maya is not obliged to like any of the girl MC fucks and approve that. Especially, BEFORE they got into relationship and took obligations. "No strings attached" it was. Without conditions, like "but don't touch a Quinn". And again, all those potential sex with Quinn happening even before "no strings attached" announce. After the library scene Quinn is autoblocked (seems like by MC himself, because Quinn hadn't any clue about what's happening between J&M and MC). At least it's obvious that fooling around with Quinn is not "compatible" anymore and that Maya wouldn't like that (and after EP6, Josy too). Also, technically, it looked like killing the extensive and unnecessary and early branching. Same goes for teachers with J&M active path. Players see it as MCs conscience and kind of internal attitude change. But... it doesn't happening on Jill path, for example. While both paths are quite "romantic" and MC acts very specifically while being on any of this paths.

Regarding Tommy and the rest... MC is able to tell them truth that he slept with more than 10 girls. What was the punishment? -3RP (or -2 if you drink) and no new variables. Yes, the history of MC sexual adventures is saved anyway and DPC can always return to this in the future, but "anybody but not Quinn" in this context looks at least inappropriate and stupid, because MC fucked her before the Throuple was created. No guilty and no cracks in relationship. Don't forget that it's still an AVN game and that it must follow some patterns. I probably use AL as an example again, bc this is the best and closest in this case, because the game is from the same author, not just the same genre. In AL you can fool around till commiting with Megan/Melissa and a bit more in case of Rena. If you will continue to fool around or better to say cheat after taking obligations, then MC relationship is broken at the end. You may fuck the main antagonist (Leah) w/o consequences, twice. BADIK made it safer, since you can't fuck the "bad girl" after the particular point. The only possible issue here is restaraunt.

What a smart guy brings up the example that DPC changed in the latest update so that the MC only gets 1 JM RP and doesn't understand, so DPC screwed him with a placeholder in the programming. You tripped yourself up.
I'll tell you what it was. DPC decided to add the "Girls stats" feature. Some kind of QoL improvement. And it was a really cool feature, because if you have a multiply saves it's very convinient one to check what you have done and where you may fucked things up. Instead of reading tons of BIOS etc. But this sexual expirience looked ridicolous w/o some of the scenes, which hadn't considered as sex before or better to say hadn't considered as ones during drinking game with J&M. So, one improvement fucked up "safe" runs of some players. I doubt that he would change anything in drinking game if he hadn't implemented the "Girls stats" thing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x and Porthas

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
There's a shit-ton of folks in this thread that should read this... imho.
Hmmm. I wonder. I don't remember there being any clues that Sage was the daughter of Jade and Professor Pimpmasterwannabe. So I'm not convinced he puts clues for everything regarding how the story will proceed.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
SanchoNote

For those that might have an opinion on very specific named save behavior/tweaks, please feel free to visit the mod's thread and start with the request post here and read that followed the next few posts of my thoughts/ideas regarding the request.

I'm open to suggestion regarding this particular VN's mod since I use it most for the template of ideas and experimentation for all SanchoMods across VNs it's implemented on.

I you don't care or can't be bothered, thanks for reading and please disregard while going back to searching for your next meme to post in this thread. :p:ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your time. Regards.
I think I already left a post with my suggestions in your thread. I can find it and re-post it if you want. The only thing with regards to naming save files was making them longer because there's so many paths my acronyms are turning into gibberish.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes