Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Where is that cruel? Zoey didn't tell the MC that she wanted a relationship with him, she just said she wanted the friendship back.
Actually she said she wanted to press play on what was paused before. They were having sex before. MC is the one who kinda sets it back to pure "friendship" mode, in my humble opinion.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
aside from the distinction about Zoey, who I don't consider 100% an ex, I agree with you
Ah, but MC considers her an ex, he tells her he finally figured out that he considers her his first love. And they had a boyfriend girlfriend relationship, MC just wasn't smart enough to recognize it, or experienced enough to recognize it, or whatever bizarro world he was coming from.

Anyway, Zoey has the entire world to date, she doesn't need to date somebody close to MC. That would be weird. Ex's can stay friends but even then most of them don't hang around one another, especially if they're moving on and dating other people. They don't want to be constantly reminded of the past, and this is normal.

Reactions: dalli_x

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

Another year, another Q&A session. Thanks for your questions! I've read all of them but can't answer most questions due to spoilers.

If you're interested, you can read all past Q&As here. These Q&A events have already addressed many repeat questions.

I will answer your questions about my games in part 1, which you're reading.

In part 2, I will answer your questions about game development.

There might be some updated answers to repeat questions in the mix. Enjoy the reading!

If you haven't played episode 10 yet, this post has potential spoilers. I'm not spoiling future content. Read my answers at your own risk.

How many episodes total will DIK be? Has the count raised or lowered as you write the story?

The episode count has increased since the start of the project. Originally, I thought I'd need something close to 8-12 episodes to tell the story, with way shorter episodes. Today, I'm fairly sure that Season 4 will be the final season. I also suspect it won't be a traditional season, as it includes the endings. How many episodes Season 4 will have isn't decided yet, but I know the rough outline of the final season, and I will enjoy every moment of creating the conclusion to the story.

We are getting closer to the end as episodes start answering more questions than asking new ones. I believe my previous estimate was 15-17 episodes, and depending on how the episodes will be counted in the final season, I believe we're looking at something like 14-16 episodes total for the game. I know I need up until episode 14, for sure. At that point, it gets blurry, but I'm not stopping until the endings are what I want them to be. I don't want to rush the end of the game, but I don't intend to linger to extend it beyond what's needed.

How long do you plan to make BaDIK?

Until it's done. There's an end in sight, but I couldn't guess when that is. Going into the project, I estimated the game would take me five years to create. We're past that point now, and I'm happy the project grew even more ambitious than originally intended. I have no maximum number of years I allow myself to work on the project. I only intend to finish it, no matter how long it takes.

When first creating the different SGs, did you ever imagine that they would get such a big following?

I thought the nature of their roles would be more of a supporting role and that the story would focus on fewer characters. I quickly realized that this wasn't possible. It wouldn't make sense to have these hollow shells walking around campus, not having goals and motivations.

So, I expanded on many of them, and as their characters grew with time, so did their following. Many good things came out of it organically. Picture if only Sage, Quinn, Camila, and Riona were the HOT girls who got scenes and dialogue while all other HOTs were in the background, never contributing to the story. I doubt there would be such extensive discussion about the story and characters in the game if I had kept characters in background roles.

Being a Dik has achieved quite a lot of recognition and been rather well recieved. Was there ever a moment where it struck you just how big it had gotten?

I try not to think about it too much. The game doesn't define me as a person, and I've learned to separate work and my real life throughout these years. I get too many messages to read, and it becomes a blur. In those messages, I receive a lot of love and praise but also a lot of malice. I disconnect from all of it - good and bad - to cope with the recognition. I use jokes often to cope - I always had that defense mechanism, which works great for me.

When you start thinking about how many players are waiting for you to do something and do it well and fast... It adds pressure to every word you type and every render you make. Disconnecting from those thoughts helps me focus on the game and not let the pressure get to me and affect my work. I hope that when I'm done with game development, I will better appreciate my games' impact on this part of the industry. These games have changed my life in ways I couldn't have imagined going into this.

What other alternative names did you have before coming up with DIK?

I'm unsure whether you're referring to the frat name or the game title, so I'll answer both. I knew the frat name from when I made Acting Lessons, so I never considered other options. I planned to make Being a DIK a prequel to Acting Lessons and started flavoring the prequel in Acting Lessons. But I scrapped that idea and kept some ideas I liked a lot.

Regarding the game title, I know I played around with the DIK name a lot before settling on Being a DIK, but I remember it being a fast process. In August 2018, while I was working on the last episode of Acting Lessons, I came up with the name. I had started making the models for the main girls when I mentioned the full title for the first time to a close friend.

It appears that a lot of the groundwork for the remainder of the season has been laid. Do you foresee similar dev length cycles for the remaining episodes, and if so, will it be for the purpose of adding more content to the story, or is this still something you play by ear, and when you feel the episode is done, it's done?

Yes, the groundwork has been done for many big areas of the season - mini-games and the in-game phone. I can focus on the meat of the story for the remaining two episodes of Season 3 faster than Episodes 9 and 10.

I can't predict the length of development cycles, and I don't want to work that way with deadlines that get pushed and trust that gets affected as a result. I don't stand anything to gain from the stress of setting a fixed development cycle length. On the other hand, I'd lose a lot from doing it. I'd lose the freedom to feel inspired, and I want to be able to add more in areas I think need it. I have worked this way since the start of this project and will continue to work this way until it's completed. I always let my gut decide when the episode feels balanced enough and where to limit content.

When the final episode is finally published, do you think you would want to remaster the early episodes to bring them up to the current standards? Comparing season 1 to now shows a massive improvement in render quality, so I was curious if you'd want to try and make it more uniform.

A remaster can at least be considered when the game is complete. Remastering earlier than that is pointless, as I'd rob that remaster of any further improvements I make while developing the remaining episodes. There is a lack of consistency in art and coding, and you can see the journey of improvement throughout the game.

I'd be interested in remastering parts of the game, but I want to keep the same soul as the original renders. Since I have saved every .duf file (the art files for DAZ3D) I've ever produced, I could revisit them and update the lighting and settings for static renders to improve them. On the other hand, animations would require much more work as they would almost have to be remade from scratch to be properly remastered to my current standard.

Remastering the game is a big task, with a lot of manual work involved. We are not talking months; we are talking years. I would not jump on it before making plans on how to do it and where to limit it - e.g., Season 1 only or Season 2 as well. I will think about it later when it's relevant.

Any plans to update the old English class tests with new mechanics?

See my previous answer for my thoughts on remastering the game. When/if that happens, I'd update the English class in Seasons 1 and 2; I love how it came out in episode 10.

For episode 10, I improved the English mini-game because I felt it was easy and fast to do. It's not the first time I've done such an upgrade to an existing mini-game. Brawler is in its third version now. Not many remember or will ever have played the original version.

What has been the most pleasant surprise about the fandom/community that has grown around the game through the years?

I am blown away by the passion players have for the games I create. I didn't expect people to care this deeply about my stories, to the extent that they talk about every minute detail they find. Seeing this amount of passion from fans has been a very pleasant, overwhelming, and humbling surprise. It fuels me.

The relationships with the mains and others are very complex and thought out; when you planned their original backstories, did you plan on it being this complex and thoughtful, or has this been something you have done as you've created more episodes?

The complexity has certainly grown with time, but most backstories have been written since the early days. As episodes progress, more layers are added to the characters, and they will evolve in ways I couldn't have planned early.

I always keep their backstories and end goals in mind when writing. Still, they do get fleshed out more than originally intended because the project also has gotten bigger than I anticipated.

Why is there an uptick as of late to push seemingly unimportant elements in scenes a certain way? A perfect example is Anal being the only option in certain lewd scenes. If this was just with the "side" tracks, I get it, but not the mains, especially when other mains have almost every option under the sun.

Players like different things during lewd scenes, and anal sex is a popular fetish. With recent examples in mind, I wanted Sage and Bella to get dedicated anal sex scenes because the narrative fit, and it felt new and fresh for them. Some players have waited since episode 1 to have anal sex with those girls, and it was finally time to spoil them with those lewd scenes. I'm aware that players who don't like anal sex won't enjoy such lewd scenes, but that won't stop me from adding them when I see fit. Lewd scenes will be different occasionally to keep things fresh and exciting, and they won't be according to everyone's taste - that's impossible. I'm sure there will be scenes that you will enjoy in the future, too.

Something easy to lose track of is the bigger picture of the game. When the game is complete, I doubt you will feel like it's all about anal sex or whatever fetish you don't enjoy, but that there's an overall balance of scenes and variety. At least, that's what I aim for, which means there will be episodes where people enjoy lewd scenes to different degrees.

If the storylines of other characters and the MC are not concluded, would you consider incorporating additional chapters for the supporting characters once the MC's narrative is completed?

Rest assured, when I'm done with the game, the storylines will be concluded as I intended. I'm not planning on making a sequel to the game, and I'm not interested in making any spin-off games focusing on some of the characters. While I'm certain players will want more, and it will be a sad moment when everything ends, those are the feelings and memories I want to leave players with.

Do you enjoy seeing the theories people come up with for how the story will progress and seeing who followed the breadcrumbs well and who couldn't be more wrong?

I find reactions and discussions of theories fun. It's interesting to see if someone spots meticulously placed details and how players' theories change with time and as more story is revealed. It's also fun to see how players' perceptions of characters change with time. I view the characters in my way, and it's insightful to see others come at it from another angle.

I've seen all kinds of theories, correct and incorrect. I've seen the community agree on correct theories, and I've seen the community agree on incorrect theories and even shoot down correct theories that didn't get enough afterthought before being dismissed.

Theories make the reactions even better to me. People who've guessed it correctly get rewarded by revelations, and others get possibly mindfucked by the real answers. I enjoy mysteries in fiction, which makes it fun to create some of my own and watch others try to solve them. It is very entertaining and a privilege to experience this as a writer/developer.

Obviously, you have the overall story for the game and for each episode planned out, but how much do you change or add to it during development, for example, adding another scene for a character that has become popular with the players (or changing the girl), adding a scene to further character development or even just adding/changing a scene on a whim because you feel it might be better this way?

I add scenes during development based on what I know the overall story will be. Sometimes, scenes are added to give desired character development. So, there's a mix of what's already planned and creating scenes in the moment.

One in-the-moment scene I created for episode 10 was Sage's overnight stay in MC's room. Even though it's a minor scene, it does a lot for her character and their relationship, and I love how it came out. It also makes replays of the game more interesting, as that free-roam variation is unique to her branch.

So far in Season 3, I've wanted to deepen the characters' relationships with the MC, so I've added scenes that fit that theme. I don't add scenes based on popularity among players; the overall balance often decides who gets another scene.

I'd like to know, does fan/Patreon feedback/response to a chapter impact your plans for future updates? If so, how much of an impact does it have, and are there any examples of this from past chapters you can talk about?

Story-related feedback/response does not affect planned content. With no intention of sounding rude, players' opinions about the story, who gets screen time, or lewd scenes don't matter to me. Players are in for the ride but not driving the car.

The only feedback I consider are QoL improvements to the game, bug reports, and typo reports. I make occasional surveys to see if I can improve in some area, but other than that, I don't want fans/players to have a say in what's being created. I don't like when developers change their ideas to cater to or in response to the audience - I don't think any true author does. Planning everything as much as possible in advance makes it easy to stay true to the original ideas. Among the QoL improvements from the community I have implemented, you can find typing in English class, color-blindness support, the fast travel system, the optional black text box behind dialogue, and middle-clicking to open/close apps on the phone.

Which of the paths was the most fun for you to work on in the last update? What were your favorite scenes to make in Episode 10?

Most of all, I enjoyed writing the canon story for episode 10, and that's almost always the case. There were some big reveals and plot developments that I'd been waiting a long time for, and I got all giddy and excited when I finally got to write them. And then I realized that this is what I will feel with every episode from now on, as we're approaching the end of the game. But to respect your question, I didn't have a favorite among the different branches.

My biggest issue with episode 10 was finding a good balance between them - especially the Josy and Maya branch. I knew that this episode was going to lean heavily into the canon story events of Maya and had to keep that in mind when writing content for the branches so as not to overwhelm the screen time of one girl. There could be similar issues in the future, too, for example, if another girl gets canon story focus and less content on their branch.

I loved working on Bella's lewd scene and everything before it. Her dialogue in the scene on the sofa and during beer pong made me laugh a lot while writing. I felt inspired while posing animations for her and developed new animation tricks because of it.

I enjoyed the reveals that came with Jill's branch and the visit to her home. I also loved working on her lewd scene and creating new animation types for her model. Jill's lewd scene marks the point where I decided to go all in on 60 fps animations.

Sage's date scene was a lot of fun, and I loved working on the restaurant scene because of the beautiful environment. But her date also posed a great deal of issues with one animation. Her walking animation took me five tries until I was happy with it - sometimes, this happened when it had been rendered to completion. Every time I see it, I kick myself for the issues I let slide because I tend to be a perfectionist with details.

While also canon scenes, I loved working on Josy's and Maya's solo scenes - pillow fort and movie night scenes. I can't decide which of the two scenes I like more, and that's what I aimed for when creating them.

The Others branch had several scenes I loved creating. I have difficulty deciding which scene is my favorite. I'm very happy about Quinn's car ride animation and its song choice.

The scenes I had the most fun making in the episode were the yoga scene and the long intro to the DIKs' BBQ. I love writing interactions between the DIKs, and this moment made me reminisce about the DIK scene in episode 6, where they celebrate MC's birthday.

Which character has evolved the most, in your opinion, since the start of the story? How much of that was preplanned or a natural part of the story growth?

It's a difficult question to answer because of the game's timeline. Some events happened before MC was born, and until now, the better part of the game has happened during a few months of his life. Just like in real life, time and events make you evolve as a person, and I would argue that most characters you see in the game haven't evolved much, but it's been revealed more and more who they are as persons - you've gotten to know them.

It would be a cop-out to say that Neil, MC, and Zoey have evolved the most because you see them at different stages of their lives. Some characters won't grow as much as others in a short period, just like in real life. To give somewhat of an answer, I'd say I like how Maya, Quinn, and Sage reveal more and more of their characters - they feel very dynamic and fleshed out by now. The growth you see comes naturally as the plot moves toward its destination.

What is the name of your MC? What name do you always use when you play?

For obvious reasons, as a developer, I name them "Pink," "Pink DIK," and "Pink CHICK." I always go with Miller as the default last name, too.

The music in BaD is so good that it deserves a soundtrack release. Is that something you can make happen? I am sure I am not the only one who would purchase it.

I love the soundtrack, too, but sadly, what you ask cannot happen because of the nature of the licenses. Most songs are licensed for one-time use within the game, and I cannot resell those songs - they aren't mine to sell. I can't upload them to YouTube or any other site; it would be illegal. And I cannot sell songs with a CC0 license, either. The only songs I can sell are the ones I produce myself, but you can get those for free on my Discord server.

If you weren't making BaD and were just a player, would you prefer to have discovered the game after it's been completed or be a part of the journey waiting for each episode?

To be a part of the journey, hands down. I love having things to look forward to. While playing everything at once can be nice, you'd miss out on fun things like theory-crafting, reflecting on content, and playing a new episode for the first time after waiting for it. With a game this long, I fear I'd rush through it because I had to see what happens next immediately and not savor the experience. I prefer to have many things to wait for and be excited about, whether it be games, movies, TV shows, albums, concerts, events, or activities. Life is much more enjoyable that way to me.

Without spoilers, is there any scene between episode 10 and the end of the game that you're more excited to make and/or see fan reactions for than any other scenes? What episode is it planned to appear in?

Without spoilers, the only way I can answer this one is "An emphatic yes. Holy fuck, yes. I've waited many years for this. Yes. Yes. Yes!".

Can we get the option to turn on and off individual mini-games? I kinda liked the science game and the party planner, but I'm sure others didn't so they could tailored to individual choices.

The short answer is no. Long answer: this is how the game was designed, and that's why it was prompted when you started the game to disable mini-games or not. I use many variables from the mini-games in the story, and how I handle those differs from mini-game to mini-game. For instance, in the party planner mini-game, I use individual happiness as a parameter to flavor the story. Turning on and off mini-games at a whim wouldn't work with that integration, and it would also mess with the balancing of the money system (perks, upgrades, wallet, free-roam money, money spent during choices, etc.). The seemingly simple task of turning on and off selected mini-games becomes less than trivial with all that and more in mind. It's easier to have a binary on or off switch for all of them at the start. I'd recommend having a healthy mix of saves with and without mini-games if you find them tedious while replaying. Also, nothing says you must get a "perfect score" every time you play mini-games. Go ahead and fail mini-games; maybe you will discover something new.

So. Dawearts and the whole arieth model thing. Is there some history between DPC and Dawe that see them and Arieth in the way they are? Curious is all, and if it's bad blood, kudos...

Haha, there's no bad blood there. Dawe is a friend of mine and an awesome person. There is a fun story behind it, but I'm unsure if I have shared it on Patreon before.

In 2018, I had a team of moderators/admins on Discord that I wanted to thank extra by letting them name a character in an upcoming game (Being a DIK). I asked Dawe something like, "Do you want to name a nerd or a jock?". He said he wanted his name for the character as long as he was straight in the game, and he wanted to be a jock. So, the Dawe character was named after him, but his role in the story was already planned and had no connection. IRL Dawe also makes 3D art as a hobby, and I asked him if he wanted his model Arieth in the game as Dawe's girlfriend - to make it extra special for him. And he was excited about that.

Now...the thing with me that you understand once you get to know me is that I can be a bit of a troll and dick with people I love, and I love making friends laugh. And Dawe sure got more than he asked for. Knowing he's this good, funny guy who can laugh at things, I surprised him with what Arieth and Dawe (in-game) would become. He found it hilarious, and writing jokes for Arieth is one of the best things I know because it's on such a different level of comedy than the rest of the game. There's no connection to IRL Dawe aside from their shared online name. And while Arieth's appearance in the game may taint the art IRL Dawe still makes for Arieth's model on his end, it should be treated as something separate. I have nothing but love and respect for the guy.

What has been your favorite part of each episode in season 3 so far?

It depends on what lens I'm looking at the episode through. The answers would differ from a developer's and a player's point of view, so I'll give you both.

Developer point of view:

My favorite part about the Interlude was writing new characters from scratch and condensing their stories into one episode. Replaying it and reading the dialogue, I genuinely feel it's some of my best work. It feels so different from the rest of the game, yet familiar. To me, it reaffirmed that I could create something new from scratch and still make it interesting and that a female MC was interesting to write.

In episode 9, I most enjoyed making the party planning mini-game. Especially how it added to the gameplay and shaped the party throughout the episode. I also loved making the three longer cutscene animations in the episode. They took a long time to create, and I'm very proud of them.

In episode 10, my favorite part to make was the BBQ party. I laughed a lot while creating the scenes where the MC eats shrooms and ended up creating this free-roam, which plays vastly differently depending on that major choice.

Player point of view:

I particularly love the scene where Zoey gets her tattoo and the scene after it when she talks to Bret on the roof. The music, the ambiance, the emotions, the dialogue - I love it!

In episode 9, I loved seeing all the main girls interact. It took many episodes to reach that point, and finally, seeing those scenes felt so good. I think this answer is a bit biased from the developer's point of view.

In episode 10, my favorite scenes are the yoga - Dick butt energy. Activate! - and BBQ scenes.

What was the most sentimental scene for you in episode 10?

The most sentimental scenes of episode 10 were the ones with Helen. Writing something so personal into the game was a weird kind of torture, and I struggled to read those scenes without crying. The living hell of auto-immune disease hits home for many, but past DrPinkCake was a cunt and said it should be in the game, yet present DrPinkCake wasn't prepared to write it.

What would you say was most fun about writing the dynamic between Maya and Derek's parents for episode 10?

I wouldn't describe their characters as fun to write. Helen's and Patrick's scenes were the most difficult parts to write in episode 10 as their story got me very emotional. Among the details I liked to create with those characters involved, I appreciate how their home goes from a homely environment with many plants and flowers to a much colder home as Helen's health deteriorates and Patrick can't keep up. That's a detail I like a lot.

Their scenes provided a good opportunity to show character growth as well. It allowed players to understand Patrick more. While a horrible revelation, it was satisfying to finally write the "Do you see?" moment that had been successfully hidden in the game from most players. That's a big payoff moment that gave me chills to create. A lot of subtle foreshadowing and planning went into that part of the story.

Episode 10 touched upon some very serious and potentially triggering topics also with major things happening in the story itself. My question is whether the player base reacted to all of that the way you expected it to, and if not, to what scene/topic did their reaction differ the most from the one you imagined?

I anticipated and hoped that the intro scene would cause an emotional response from invested players, and I'm happy that it did and that many could relate to the overall story of the Baileys. There's a comfort and togetherness to be found in knowing others deal with similar hardships. Just like writing about serious topics helps me vent and is highly therapeutic, scenes of that nature might help players process their emotions or open up to someone.

With my history in this business, I prepare mentally for the worst kind of response whenever I put an episode out. Today, the overall response is rather mild because players who know me expect me to pull on their heartstrings and surprise them. I'm writing a lot of comedy, but I'm also writing a lot of drama. And drama can get dark. I'm not a stranger to writing about serious topics, nor will I shy away from them. With Episode 10 released, I hope players who got triggered or sad reflect again on the multiple warnings the game comes with for their own sake.

Thanks for reading!

Part 2 of this year's Q&A will be published later this month.​
llbb.gif

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ah, but MC considers her an ex, he tells her he finally figured out that he considers her his first love. And they had a boyfriend girlfriend relationship, MC just wasn't smart enough to recognize it, or experienced enough to recognize it, or whatever bizarro world he was coming from.

Anyway, Zoey has the entire world to date, she doesn't need to date somebody close to MC. That would be weird. Ex's can stay friends but even then most of them don't hang around one another, especially if they're moving on and dating other people. They don't want to be constantly reminded of the past, and this is normal.
It is not canon, MC could consider her an ex, but he could be wrong.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

First love is different, it could be a crush

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
" Without any spoilers, is there any scene between episode 10 and the end of the game that you're more excited to make and/or see fan reactions for than any other scenes? What episode is it planned to appear in?

Without spoilers, the only way I can answer this one is "An emphatic yes. Holy fuck, yes. I've waited many years for this. Yes. Yes. Yes!".
~

What that can possibly be? MC/Chad/Troy threesome?:unsure:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
" Without any spoilers, is there any scene between episode 10 and the end of the game that you're more excited to make and/or see fan reactions for than any other scenes? What episode is it planned to appear in?

~

bad.gif

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I respect this point of view, let's see.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regardless, I don't see any spoilers in this trap. I see an intention to fuck up the gameplay for some players. Besides that you can assume everything, it's no worse or better than looking for clues in renders, character words, or some other patterns. Even if your theory wins, you can't be 100% sure until event you theorized about happens in the game. The clue we are talking about, that can help with support of some theory regarding Quinn is not so significant to be a double trap you're talking about. Theories about the theories or traps is a quite new level, no shit :KEK:

Why you asking me? I can't know that. And why you switched to Sarah and restaurant at all? We talked about fucking Quinn before committing with J&M and difference between sex during CUM-petition and sex on the roof. Both is possible w/o joining the restaurant and always free, btw, except 3-some with Riona and her. Your MC can agree to use the restaurant, but never use it, for example. Then what? Or you may use it selectively, only with Riona and Camila, but, for example NEVER fucking Quinn at the same time. And a lot of other permutations. Sex with Sarah, especially after camera reveal is a special case.

There are so many unknown variables in this equation that it's hard to guess how this major choice in general or ordering certain "dishes" can affect anything and when or why.

If you want my opinion, sex with Quinn is nothing, even for J&M branch. At least until you haven't agreed to use the restaurant AND bought some dishes there. If MC agreed and never used it - nobody have any evidence (well, Quinn have, but it's just her word), just MCs conscience. Everything beyond that tends to numerous possible outcomes and consequences and not only for J&M branch, I suppose.

Maya is not obliged to like any of the girl MC fucks and approve that. Especially, BEFORE they got into relationship and took obligations. "No strings attached" it was. Without conditions, like "but don't touch a Quinn". And again, all those potential sex with Quinn happening even before "no strings attached" announce. After the library scene Quinn is autoblocked (seems like by MC himself, because Quinn hadn't any clue about what's happening between J&M and MC). At least it's obvious that fooling around with Quinn is not "compatible" anymore and that Maya wouldn't like that (and after EP6, Josy too). Also, technically, it looked like killing the extensive and unnecessary and early branching. Same goes for teachers with J&M active path. Players see it as MCs conscience and kind of internal attitude change. But... it doesn't happening on Jill path, for example. While both paths are quite "romantic" and MC acts very specifically while being on any of this paths.

Regarding Tommy and the rest... MC is able to tell them truth that he slept with more than 10 girls. What was the punishment? -3RP (or -2 if you drink) and no new variables. Yes, the history of MC sexual adventures is saved anyway and DPC can always return to this in the future, but "anybody but not Quinn" in this context looks at least inappropriate and stupid, because MC fucked her before the Throuple was created. No guilty and no cracks in relationship. Don't forget that it's still an AVN game and that it must follow some patterns. I probably use AL as an example again, bc this is the best and closest in this case, because the game is from the same author, not just the same genre. In AL you can fool around till commiting with Megan/Melissa and a bit more in case of Rena. If you will continue to fool around or better to say cheat after taking obligations, then MC relationship is broken at the end. You may fuck the main antagonist (Leah) w/o consequences, twice. BADIK made it safer, since you can't fuck the "bad girl" after the particular point. The only possible issue here is restaraunt.

I'll tell you what it was. DPC decided to add the "Girls stats" feature. Some kind of QoL improvement. And it was a really cool feature, because if you have a multiply saves it's very convinient one to check what you have done and where you may fucked things up. Instead of reading tons of BIOS etc. But this sexual expirience looked ridicolous w/o some of the scenes, which hadn't considered as sex before or better to say hadn't considered as ones during drinking game with J&M. So, one improvement fucked up "safe" runs of some players. I doubt that he would change anything in drinking game if he hadn't implemented the "Girls stats" thing.
There's a lot said here and I agree with your point in the main, I don't think Maya is going to be crucifying MC for Quinn in future episodes.

Thinking about this got me curious. Why is it that Maya is the one who asks MC about his body count? (I hate that term, but I guess it fits)

She was the one who came up with the whole "no strings attached" setting when they first decided to try out their special relationship. So I would have thought this question would matter more to Josy. But I think it's only Maya who asks.

And why does this ding their relationship, at all? I mean, MC isn't really given a chance to ask either one of them what their body count is, right? And I don't see them volunteering that information, unless I'm forgetting something.

Anyway, I wonder if that was DPC slipping up a tad and meta-gaming a horndog MC a bit. That's what it feels like to me. It doesn't feel like a Maya question, at this point. Just an observation, not really a question. Ya'll's discussion made me think of it again.

Reactions: Kpyna

DavidPuller

Jan 1, 2021
Hi,
I've been playing this game since 2021 and it's undoubtedly my most liked game here. I upgraded my phone to Android 13 a few months back and due to some new Android file restrictions, I was unable to copy the saves from the old one (Android 9). I got the episode 8 save files that I needed from Extras but, I'm unable to change the MC name in Android port from the save point. Can someone kindly help me out here if it's doable?
Thanks!

Dr.Slime

Nov 15, 2022

~

yes , I have said it before the true LI are Chad and Troy
The game is about Chad and Troy struggle to show their relationship in the open , it’s not about some student loan or anything like that
Basically the game is. Chad , Troy and the Mc and some bunch of other girls to add flavour.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Hmmm. I wonder. I don't remember there being any clues that Sage was the daughter of Jade and Professor Pimpmasterwannabe. So I'm not convinced he puts clues for everything regarding how the story will proceed.
Look back in this forum, people figured out that Sage was Jade's daughter a long time ago.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022

~

Pretty much a "duh" question. Like...what is he supposed to answer here? "No, actually the best scenes are already in the game and the rest will be pretty drab, sorry. :HideThePain:"

:KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: mpa71

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Pretty much a "duh" question. Like...what is he supposed to answer here? "No, actually the best scenes are already in the game and the rest will be pretty drab, sorry. :HideThePain:"

:KEK:
I mean what event he possibly talks about. "He waited 13 years many years for this."

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Look back in this forum, people figured out that Sage was Jade's daughter a long time ago.
What were the clues? And no, I'm not searching through 2700+ pages of this thread. If you know and wanna tell me, just tell me. If not, that's fine, not going to bother me.

Moni23

Aug 26, 2020
My MC doesn't give Riona any money. By the way, this happens in EP5. But apparently you don't understand it either. Friendship can exist without fucking. The MC is simply there for Riona, he listens to her, cheers her up and treats her like a human being without demanding sex or anything in return from her. That's friendship.

The MC cannot act if he does not have certain information. This concerns Riona's stalker. Prostitution is a different matter. If the MC declines Quinn's restaurant offer, the player will never see Riona prostituting herself. So it's fair to ask whether she's really a prostitute in the restaurant? We don't see that. But in the end it doesn't matter because you can be friends with a prostitute without fucking her.

But the MC knows something about Quinn's restaurant because Quinn personally offered it to the MC. The MC also tells Quinn, Riona and Tommy to use drugs. In EP9, the MC finds out about Tommy himself so he can buy his drugs from Vinny. You're right about one thing. The MC doesn't know so Quinn and Riona are dealing drugs. But in EP10 there is a bypass named Stephen Burke and Quinn comes out of Stephen Burke's office pretty angry. There is a tablet on her right foot.

But my MC doesn't need the relationship with Quinn to find out what Quinn's up to. Why? Riona will tell the MC everything because the two are friends in a good way.

What you describe is intended for DIK MC players, but not for CHICK MC players.

I don't make that mistake. Why? Quinn herself offers the MC the restaurant. Quinn herself tells the MC that she likes to play games with people and the MC finds out from Tommy that Quinn likes to push buttons and she doesn't care who she pushes those buttons on. Tommy is pretty pissed about it and says it's because he thought so, so he likes that about Quinn. Oops. We learn that Tommy can dish it out but doesn't want to take it. Through Quinn and Riona, the MC finds out that Quinn is manipulative, even without being on her path or in the restaurant. How? The MC has to comfort Riona in EP9 and also in EP9 the MC learns how Quinn tricked the Alphas. The MC finds out about Sage so that Quinn was tasked with telling the DIKs to celebrate with the Preps, but Quinn didn't tell the DIKs. I could go on like this.

Of course the CHICK MC doesn't know everything Quinn is up to, but he will find out. From whom? Probably from Riona.

As I wrote above, I use the experience I get from my playthrough. Of course, the MC doesn't know that Quinn also deals drugs when he's not on her path. But this is exactly where the trap of DPC lies.

I find out from you that Quinn told the MC everything. As a result, the MC on Quinn's path can no longer credibly deny anything he has learned from Quinn. If you want it that way, please. Of course the MC knows about the restaurant, but he can safely dismiss it. How? Quinn said to the MC that she likes playing with people and then the restaurant offer came. The MC suspects something and even warns Maya, but he can't know for sure. If the MC is confronted with knowledge about the restaurant (for example from Sage), he can always say that he didn't say anything because he doesn't have any solid evidence and therefore doesn't want to spread a rumor. But in EP10, when the MC finds out everything from Quinn, here's what happens.

“Gone with me, caught with me” or “There is no way back to not knowing”.

You don't have to remind me because I still hold that opinion no matter what happens on the Quinn Path. On the contrary, the Quinn path will lead Quinn and the DIK MC into the abyss. Why? Quinn sees no reason to change and is only encouraged in her efforts to be a bad girl by a DIK MC because they are both quite similar. Only the CHICK MC could change Quinn and that will only happen if the CHICK MC isn't fully aware of Quinn's machinations. “There is no way back to not knowing.” If the CHICK MC doesn't know everything and Quinn later didn't tell him anything about her machinations, then there is a path to redemption for Quinn through the CHICK MC.

But I don't feel like writing about it anymore because you have your opinion and I have mine. Neither of us will change our minds.
I will express my opinion about Quinn (I personally don’t care about her, I don’t play this route)
She will get a good ending. Dick ms, despite his pranks, is still a good guy. He helps the diks, helps Maya and Josy, and is friends with Jill and Isabella. I don't believe this guy will suddenly start committing real crimes (maybe only 4 episodes left). Quinn's transition to the light side is much more likely. In computer games, the main character influences the environment, and not vice versa.
And one more thought. The author creates a game not only for those who play now, but also for those who will buy it on Steam in 10-15 years. When they start, they will already know all the endings. If Quinn's route leads to disaster, then all the work to create it will be pointless. Nobody will play this route.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I mean what event he possibly talks about. "He waited 13 years many years for this this."
I meant the original question. ;)

I don't know...could be anything he came up with while laying out the story of the new game. Since we don't know what direction the game will ultimately take, we can't know what he possible means.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
What were the clues? And no, I'm not searching through 2700+ pages of this thread. If you know and wanna tell me, just tell me. If not, that's fine, not going to bother me.
There were subtle clues that people put together: Jacob warning MC that other people as well as Chad would hear about MC fucking Sage at the DIK party. During Jade and Stephen's fight there was a picture that was strategically kept out of sight, suggesting that seeing the picture would be a spoiler. There were other clues I can't remember offhand from Sage conversations with MC.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Jade/Sage = green

When Quinn was trying to make up for the shortage in her drug business there's a scene of Quinn and Rionna talking strategy. Quinn talks about thinking one move in advance while playing chess. Her first move is Sage, second move Tybalt. What's the connection?

When Chad is kicked out of the Alphas, Dawe suggest to him that he ask Sage to intercede and later we see the scene of that conversation. Chad says to Sage that 'they will listen to you'. Why?

When Sage and MC are about to fuck in public at the DIK party, Jacob intervenes and warns of consequences. Why?

At the Alpha mansion party Sage knows which bedroom is Tybalts

There were long arguments about all of these points in this forum but eventually it was accepted as the consensus that Sage was Jade's daughter. Interestingly enough I had been part of a discussion in the Patreon forum where we had this same discussion and came to the same conclusion. Soon after I was kicked off of DPC's Patreon, with no reason given.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes