Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The transition from free dating to serious relationship in Episode 8 was not perfect and for most players probably rough.

I remember my DIK mc being Sage's fuckbuddy and having a threesome with Sage and Quinn shortly before the decision. At some point mc automatically told Sage that he wants more, a more serious relationship, ...
Then at the decision point the player could choose between Sage and Others. If the player chose Others, mc went to Sage and canceled their intimate relationship including the fuckbody status. So afterwards mc could have sex with many of the HOTs including Quinn, but Sage was no longer available.
Players who do not intend mc to have a serious relationship with Sage anyway would avoid mc telling her that he wants more and instead just keep the fuckbody friendship as it is, but that is not an option in the game.
On the other side if the player chose Sage, then all the options to have sex with Quinn, Riona, etc are automatically turned down.

I have the impression that DPC had lots of ideas for the break-up scenes for different characters and by forcing players to break up with many Main Girls, those scenes are played. It is like a gunpoint theatre for wedding / break-up scenes. It feels very much forced.
The break-up scenes are not bad. It is just that most players would probably rather choose a compromise instead of a hard break up with an LI. So the scenes do not fit to the story based on player decisions so far.

It would be different if previous decisions in the game would have distributed kind of Love Points to the LIs and LIs with low point count would automatically change into friendship mode, so the player would actually have to work towards a path from start. However such a game design would force players to play Season 1-2 up to 5 times to see all the content ...
1) Did you know that if you pursue one girl only you won't have to make any choice? I played a 100% Sage only gameplay - without scoring any side girl - and I didn't had to make any choice: no Others and no Sage choice to make, MC only told himself that he wanted to be Sage's boyfriend.
The same can happen with every main girl.

2) did you check what happens if you help Sage by teaching her guitar and helping her with Chad, but you refuse her sexual advance (gayyyyyy!!!!)?

3) I think you haven't realised that choosing Others does not mean: "I'm not interested in having a relationship with one of the main girls". It means: "I don't want to have any relationship now", therefore you dump everyone who you are dating because the final choice in episode 8 means: it's time to make a step forward. Either you make this step, or you end the dating game with the girl. That's why fuckboy thingie with Sage is not an option.

4) you still don't know what is going to happen in the upcoming episodes when you play the Others route.

I think you misunderstand the restaurant business ... from what we see the restaurant is simply a consensual activity. The customer pays cash and gets (gloryhole) sex, the girls have sex and get part of the cash, Quinn gets some cash for her efforts.
Camila, Riona, Sarah, Quinn do not look like anybody forced them to participate, they do it to earn some cash and they like to have sex or at least do not mind ...

The free tuition is similar. According to Mona's documents Burke trades free 3 year sholarships for sex. Again these are consensual deals, arranged by Quinn. If not consensual, it would be forced prostitution or rape and sooner or later the girl would go to the police. Mona was not able to do it, so she canceled the deal. We don't know the details why she left the college and where she went.
Oh boy. I think that you might need to talk to your lawyer. Seriously.

Reactions: dalli_x

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Oh boy. I think that you might need to talk to your lawyer. Seriously.
Why?
It is mentioned in the game that Burke is VERY wealthy. The Burkes make huge annual donations to B&R.
If these scholarships are paid from Burke's own fortune, it's more a private matter.
Sure if it would go public, it would be a scandal : dean pays students for sex
But since the actions are consensual and everybody is 18+, I don't see the crime.
It would be different if he would ask for money or sex in exchange for good grades ...

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Why?
It is mentioned in the game that Burke is VERY wealthy. The Burkes make huge annual donations to B&R.
If these scholarships are paid from Burke's own fortune, it's more a private matter.
Sure if it would go public, it would be a scandal : dean pays students for sex
But since the actions are consensual and everybody is 18+, I don't see the crime.
It would be different if he would ask for money or sex in exchange for good grades ...
So, you really need it. I'm not joking.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Rooster is public and not tied to BaDIK. Josy lives in the MC area in her final year of high school. She has seen the MC before (not just at his summer job) and developed a crush on him.
Josy was on the same high school as Maya and Derek. She commuted.
It is likely that after the divorce her father and Monica at some point moved to mc's area, but Josy did not change her school.
If mc would know Josy from high school, he would also likely know Maya and Derek.

AfaIk throughout the game it is always said that mc and Josy know each other from the 2 months minimart job.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Question. What do you think about this? Could it be true?

View attachment 3339930

MADAME: “Jade never told you what happened to your mother.”

SAGE: “She told me enough.”

MADAME: “No, I am your mother.”

SAGE: “No. No. That’s not true. That’s impossible!”

MADAME: “Search your feelings, you know it to be true.”

SAGE: “No! No!”

MADAME: "What's more...check your new boyfriend's contact list on his phone."

bZokko1

Feb 2, 2019

Poor Sage, her tier rankings would never recover. :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: znar25

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You didn't really understand what it was about.

Sometimes you read here in the thread that DPC uses clichés. A woman, alone, in the middle of the night. Nothing will happen to her because she comes from a coffee party with her friends. Sarcasm.

The picture of Riona looking at her cell phone is something of a cliché and that shouldn't be a spoiler in your eyes. It doesn't matter if we know exactly what happens because we would have strongly suspected from the cliched scene that something bad would happen to Riona. It is written several times in the game to make Riona feel like she is being watched. Normal. Riona, alone, in the middle of the night. The perfect opportunity.

The spoiler is the cliché itself.
Thank you for your confirmation of you do not know what a an actual spoiler is (y).

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I actually hate seeing any preview before the episode is out.
I like to go in completely blind.

That's true for every game on here really.

Reactions: ZenoMod

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Hold up, do you know him personally or something ? :LOL: or you referring to the same knowledge as everyone has of him?!:whistle:
you don't know the guy, all you know is what he say, how trustworthy is that, well, that is up to you to decide. There are folks who eat every word he say as some kind of bible, and there are some of us, who are way more skeptical of him, based on his actions rather than his words .
I can see that the project he started developing is still alive, he is still working hard, giving out tons of content, and if you compare it with any other developer, then especially. Yes, it has been taking longer lately, but it would only be a problem if the amount of content was the same or less than before, but the amount of content is also growing.

Example 60-70% depends on how you feel about this %, if we are talking about completed scenes and other content, then the remaining 30-40% may be more complex and lengthy than the rest completed. This way he could spend the same amount of time rendering and completing fewer %

As long as he releases new episodes and provides content moving the game to finale, I'm fine, no matter what he tells. I am always positive, I find it better and more productive than taking everything or most with negative or pessimistic attitude.

I remember, countless time when he said, for example how this and that will speed up his development time, like he no longer does, monthly special renders , so he can focus more on the game, well, we didnt see any improvment at all. :whistle:

in his latest development cycle during episode 10, he come out and said, that he is around 60-70% around in may, and then somehow he was able to drag out the remaining thing around 7 more mouth coming out with an exuse that now he makes 60 fps animations.

there is only one thing he is honest about, when he admitted, take everything he say with a grain of salt;)
If there are no improvements, then how the bigger number of renders, animations (60 fps = x2 now), etc fits in the same release times? I'm not even talking about other content like mini-games, whole branching thing and other minor parts.

Let's see how the last 2 episodes of Season 3 will go. If he will stick with 1 year release times then we could say that the hardware improvements used mostly to compensate his growing ambitions. If we will see faster release this time, then we could say that it also helped to shorten release time as well. Even 9-10 months release would be a good speed this time, since we reached the 6000 renders and 300+ (now with 60 fps) animations border.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
And again you are perpetuating your character flaws. It's somehow boring to read how you try to participate but can't. You're missing something for that.:rolleyes::sleep:
considering that you can't properly analyse even fictional characters, I'm not sure you are qualified to talk about my " Character Flaws"
not to mention instead of proving my statement wrong, what you can't, you started to attack my personality, not my point, my personality. Thats say more about you than me.

Now, let's try this again, just for fun, and to entertain the topic. Tell me, this image alone all by itself, what is considered a Spoiler about this ?

Not an Implication, not a theory that kicks in to your head by just looking at, but what this Exactly reveals as a Spoiler, what plot or storyline this gives away, directly gives away.?!

Go on, enlighten me ! , But Remember, you not allowed to create a Theory, just purely tell me what is going on this scene, that is considered a Spoiler that reveal or ruin a potential plot

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
You're so... and you're still not right.

This image is a pure cliché. Woman, dark, something bad is happening. Seeing this in so many films.

The cliché is already the spoiler.
That Is an Assumption, Not a Spoiler !!!!!!.

You don't know what is going to Happen here, You make an assumption. A Spoiler is a Direct confirmation.

so once again, you proved that you don't even know what a spoiler is:whistle:
I'm done with this conversation:coffee:

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
That Is an Assumption, Not a Spoiler !!!!!!.

You don't know what is going to Happen here, You make an assumption. A Spoiler is a Direct confirmation.

so once again, you proved that you don't even know what a spoiler is:whistle:
I'm done with this conversation:coffee:
Nothing is really a spoiler, Pinkcakes just wants to not make previews.

Most of his previews are just boring anyways, that some people read too much in to.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
And again you don't understand.

This assumption becomes a spoiler because it is a cliché. Who was out alone at night and was attacked? Quinn. DPC has used this cliche as already in the game. Many thread members would consider such a preview. Through this cliché, thread members would also speculate that something bad could happen to Riona.

The thread members would do the reading and it doesn't matter whether there is advanced evidence or not. The thread members reading this assumption would have been sensitized (prepared) for a bad scene with Riona and thus DPC would not have achieved its goal of shocking the players. The gaming experience would have been diminished to a certain extent, which is called a spoiler.
A spoiler is an element of a disseminated summary or description of a media that reveals significant elements, with the implication that the experience of discovering the plot naturally, as the creator intended it, has been robbed of its full effect. Typically, the conclusion of a plot, including the and ending, is regarded as highly susceptible to spoilers. are also prone to spoilers. Any narrative medium can produce spoilers, although they are usually associated with movies and television shows. Some people attempt to avoid being "spoiled" while others seek out spoilers to learn as much as possible about a narrative before experiencing it. Spoilers have become more common in the present day with the rise of , which provides an outlet for people to spread spoilers.

There are three types of spoilers: short spoilers, long spoilers, and thematic spoilers. Short spoilers reveal the plot ending in a very brief and less detailed manner, without any summary or explanation of themes in the story, typically spanning one to three sentences. Long spoilers usually provide more context and range between two and five sentences. They provide a summary and reveal the ending of a story. Lastly, thematic spoilers reveal a story's unifying theme as well as providing a synopsis of the plot and revealing the ending. They range from three to six sentences in length. The general consensus is that there are only negative effects of spoilers. However, research shows that it is short and long spoilers that can cause negative effects, while thematic spoilers generally have a positive effect.
The image of Rio above, looking at her phone, not fit in to any of the categories, because it's not Reveal anything.

This image of Sage he used as a preview was actually a Spoiler, because it Revealed a plot element,namingly the Date with her, what we assumed is gonna happen at one point, but this Image itself confirmed that it will happen in this episode. so this is actually a spoiler

"with the implication that the experience of discovering the plot naturally, as the creator intended it, has been robbed of its full effect "
BeingADIK 2024-02-11 16-59-20-60.jpg

Please don't answer !!!! THX.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018