Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
This is a small complaint but I wanted to just voice it. DPC has this annoying habit of making intelligent or educated characters overly verbose and much too technical with their choice of words. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does it's just so goddamn unnatural.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This little phenomenon reminds me of a small running gag in Star Trek, where Spock will say something in a highly nerdy fashion like the fucking nerd he is, and someone else—usually Bones—will simplify his statement or call him out, to which Spock replies "I believe that is what I said." There's a similar thing where he gets confused by human sayings, as does Data.
View attachment Nerdy Spock 1.mp4
View attachment Nerdy Spock 2.mp4
View attachment Nerdy Spock 3.mp4

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
This is a small complaint but I wanted to just voice it. DPC has this annoying habit of making intelligent or educated characters overly verbose and much too technical with their choice of words. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does it's just so goddamn unnatural.
This little phenomenon reminds me of a small running gag in Star Trek, where Spock will say something in a highly nerdy fashion like the fucking nerd he is, and someone else—usually Bones—will simplify his statement or call him out, to which Spock replies "I believe that is what I said." There's a similar thing where he gets confused by human sayings, as does Data.
View attachment 3735410
View attachment 3735409
View attachment 3735408
Ha, you should play a Mr Dots game then.

But I get what you mean, his dialogue is a bit verbose:sneaky:

Reactions: Better Cock Spock

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
View attachment 3735410
View attachment 3735409
View attachment 3735408
DPC does it to contrast the MC's stupidity with how much smarter the other characters are compared to him. He thinks that the players will also be baffled by the wording that those characters choose to use and that it'll invoke a feeling of overwhelmedness in them, because he doesn't realize that complicated words good writing.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
View attachment 3735410
View attachment 3735409
View attachment 3735408
For Jade and Bella at least, that's 100% intentional.
He's probably not really thinking about the things you said, with them he just wants to use fancier vocabulary regardless of whether people like or not I think.
The characters I do enjoy writing for the most are, in no particular order: Derek, Quinn, Isabella and Jade. Derek is an outlet for my juvenile sense of humor, Quinn lets me be a manipulative puppet master and Isabella & Jade let me use a different kind of vocabulary.

Reactions: Better Cock Spock

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
DPC does it to contrast the MC's stupidity with how much smarter the other characters are compared to him. He thinks that the players will also be baffled by the wording that those characters choose to use and that it'll invoke a feeling of overwhelmedness in them, because he doesn't realize that complicated words good writing.
For Jade and Bella at least, that's 100% intentional.
He's probably not really thinking about the things you said, with them he just wants to use fancier vocabulary regardless of whether people like or not I think.
He should have Magnar force everyone to speak in Old English when playing D&G :HideThePain:

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Oh it's much worse than that. There's always these little 'informative' monologues, on the most mundane topics imaginable that will make you want to gnaw your leg off to escape.

Consider this, his writing is so bad that it's forced me to defend DPC's writing
He also does the worst shit regarding the Asian characters in Sunshine Love, playing up the stereotypes. And this isn't specific to him either.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

Well, it might simply happen because DPC is not a native English speaker.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes