DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Not sure why some want quantity over quality. Personally, I prefer it to take a long time and turn out great than released quickly and is just meh. CK tried the quick route and we all know how that turned out.
Yes but is that the choice here? If you ask a lot of people on this forum what parts of the game they feel are the best in terms of quality of story you'll hear a lot say the first season. I know that's my opinion. And the first season had the shortest development. Now some of that short development was because of branching, but not all of it.

DPC has admitted himself that a big reason for longer development is that he has added many more animations. Are these animations a big improvement in the game's quality? I don't think they are.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
DPC's worst nightmare...
I don't know that it would play out that way. Judging from some of DPC's past statements (mostly from the Dec. 2022 Q&A, but not completely). DPC views this development as a hobby, he's just discovered a way to get paid for playing with his toys. I think if Patreon went down he would just drop the whole project.

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
DPC has admitted himself that a big reason for longer development is that he has added many more animations. Are these animations a big improvement in the game's quality? I don't think they are.
I know that I definitely don't want to see Heather or random guys from the Brawler minigame having animated breathing if it's going to significantly worsen how long DPC will take to release yet another episode. Same goes for Jacob's 2D art, Pack Quest and whatever else.

Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
?
Yes but is that the choice here? If you ask a lot of people on this forum what parts of the game they feel are the best in terms of quality of story you'll hear a lot say the first season. I know that's my opinion. And the first season had the shortest development. Now some of that short development was because of branching, but not all of it.

First season being the best in quality?

The worst quality renders. Graphic fidelity has increased by multitudes. I hope he revisits it after completing game. Though highly doubt something will change.

Almost negligible branching, mostly railroaded since beginning of the story.

Stiff animations.

MC acting like a drama queen regardless of how big man whore he was or even if he was interested in Josy or Maya in the first plsce.

Only saving grace of first season is Early Sage path.

When asking on ranking episodes, most rank episode 8,10,7,9 as the best in the quality. No one even speaks that about Season 1, which was merely a glorified trailer.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
I think the animation improves the game but I do agree about unnecessary animations. But I like the minigames, the Pack Quest (but since you can only play it once, the question is whether it's worth it. But then again, I doubt it takes a long time to do). I'm personally not a big fan of Jacob's art but there might be others who are. It depends on if DPC does the art himself or not. If he doesn't then it's not a big deal. If he does, it might take unnecessary time from the development.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
?

The worst quality renders. Graphic fidelity has increased by multitudes. I hope he revisits it after completing game. Though highly doubt something will change.

Stiff animations.

MC acting like a drama queen regardless of how big man whore he was or even if he was interested in Josy or Maya in the first plsce.

When asking on ranking episodes, most rank episode 8,10,7,9 as the best in the quality. No one even speaks that about Season 1, which was merely a glorified trailer.
I agree. While the first season was good story telling it wasn't that good otherwise. I feel season 2 was much better. I pretty much agree with your ranking, only I put 9 first because I really love that episode. It was so much fun! I get why some disliked it since not much happened in it to move the story forward but I had a blast playing. Some of the most fun I've had in a dating game/AVN.

Reactions: Riaman

Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
I agree. While the first season was good story telling it wasn't that good otherwise. I feel season 2 was much better. I pretty much agree with your ranking, only I put 9 first because I really love that episode. It was so much fun! I get why some disliked it since not much happened in it to move the story forward but I had a blast playing. Some of the most fun I've had in a dating game/AVN.
Episode 9 though good has way too much free roams and has become quite a chore on different paths. Though it lacks story build up but is a damn good party episode with sex scenes for almost all the girls expect the Dreaded Madame Rose and Nora.

Riaman

Nov 27, 2020
I think the animation improves the game but I do agree about unnecessary animations. But I like the minigames, the Pack Quest (but since you can only play it once, the question is whether it's worth it. But then again, I doubt it takes a long time to do). I'm personally not a big fan of Jacob's art but there might be others who are. It depends on if DPC does the art himself or not. If he doesn't then it's not a big deal. If he does, it might take unnecessary time from the development.
DPC doesn't do the 2D art himself, in game credits it mentions to whom he has outsourced it.

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
From what I hear, all the games are made using some kind of software that already has pre-made models for characters, buildings, objects, and poses. So, he just take a model and choose a good pose for it and it shouldn't take too long.
This shows that you have no idea what the process is, which is fine, as you've obviously no experience in this thing that it sounds like you're an expert on (don't worry, most of us have no experience in it either, it's not actually a dig at you). Suffice to say, it's a lot more involved than just taking some pre-made X, Y, and Z, putting them in poses, moving on to the next image, etc., etc.

Just a random snippet from Google, and I have no idea how up to date this is (and also bearing in mind the relative animation length):
How long does it take to animate CGI? A 60-90 second CGI animation takes, on average, between 8-10 weeks to render. The exact time is dependent on how simple, complex, long and short the animation itself is.
Gives a hint of an idea of the timescales that could be involved. From what I hear, and I have a little bit of indirect experience that confirms this, it's the rendering that is pretty much the longest part of making this pie. If you take the number of animations and still-image renders that make up each episode, that quickly starts to add up (and that's not accounting for writing, coding, testing, editing, re-testing, etc., etc.).

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I'm personally not a big fan of Jacob's art but there might be others who are.
Oh, same. I really do not like the style and wish it was possible to put something else up in their place. The blank frame (or I think there's a standard logo as a placeholder) just needs replacing though, so I end up with a choice of about 3, depending on which path I'm playing. I end up with a Lily picture when I'm on a Sage path, for instance.
I hate episode nine. in fact, this is the only sandbox game I'll even play.

Thank fuck it's not one of those 'go somewhere at 2:30 PM on a Wednesday afternoon' games. I'll piss on my PC before I willingly play any shit like that.
I just played one that's most of the way to that. There's a hot little blonde sister who might be right up your street :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: Joshy92

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
?

Stiff animations.

first season has very little Josy in it , so obviously season 2-3 are superior :cool: :coffee:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
?

Stiff animations.

I don't agree, I think the story was much better in season 1. The renders have been hit or miss for the entire game. I just don't care about the animations. I think Sage's path has been shit since ep 6. Maya's problems have been boring since the beginning. Ep 9 was just one long freeroam, and I don't recall a lot of people posting good opinions on it.

I'll be interested to see what everyone else has to say.

Reactions: hawk784563

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
And who would have made this benchmark ranking? Chapter 9 is at least controversial.... Really hard to consider it one of the best "for the majority" The first season is more than 5 years old, with memory

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Episode 9 though good has way too much free roams and has become quite a chore on different paths. Though it lacks story build up but is a damn good party episode with sex scenes for almost all the girls expect the Dreaded Madame Rose and Nora.
IMO I don't think the sex scene's are good in any episode of BaDIK. The animations are clunky, they always look like wind up toys fucking.

PaulCave

Jun 13, 2024
?

Stiff animations.

I also prefer the first season. The second one feels like some teen drama that's played on cable TV. Not that I'm complaining - I think most games on this site are about teen relationships - but it's just not the same as the first season where the main character was just having fun and not dealing with all the drama.

This shows that you have no idea what the process is, which is fine, as you've obviously no experience in this thing that it sounds like you're an expert on (don't worry, most of us have no experience in it either, it's not actually a dig at you). Suffice to say, it's a lot more involved than just taking some pre-made X, Y, and Z, putting them in poses, moving on to the next image, etc., etc.

Just a random snippet from Google, and I have no idea how up to date this is (and also bearing in mind the relative animation length):

Gives a hint of an idea of the timescales that could be involved. From what I hear, and I have a little bit of indirect experience that confirms this, it's the rendering that is pretty much the longest part of making this pie. If you take the number of animations and still-image renders that make up each episode, that quickly starts to add up (and that's not accounting for writing, coding, testing, editing, re-testing, etc., etc.).
I wouldn't say the animations in the game are CG. They don't have any special effects and they're pretty basic. I think there's a difference between animations made with professional software like Cinema 4D and the ones in this game. It's hard for me to believe it takes so long to make those simple animations.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes