ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
In my head canon the reason why the MC (over)reacts to the Josy-Maya relationship the way he does, is not exclusively that he feels betrayed, but also that it exposes a very unwelcome fact about himself and the people around him. In the bathroom stall he even says something to the effect of "And tell her what? That we are all just cheaters here?". The MC is pretty young and - in my playthrough - his mind is all over the place. He does not know what he wants and so bounces from one crazy situation to the next in this over-the-top college environment he has suddenly been thrust into. It is possible that he genuinly likes both Maya and Josy, but he really hasn't had a quiet moment to reflect on his actions since he arrived at campus. When he discovers their relationship he is suddenly confronted with the fact that he himself is a cheater and it also removes the girls from the pedestal every guy at first put girls on at that age, and brings them down to his level.
So yeah, if you assume the above to be true, his reaction does kiiiinda make sense in a neutral playthrough. Then again, I am a Dr.PinkCake apologist :p
It's a reasonable theory, although the quote you give really just further exposes the plot hole of Josy completely ignoring the fact that Maya cheated on her for 48 hours. She knows MC is pissed off at Maya, he specifically mentions Maya on multiple occasions and calls them all cheaters, yet she never questions it. Honestly MC doesn't have too much reason to be pissed at Josy at this stage of the story. She is pretty much honest with him from the start, I think it just comes as a huge shock to him and that's why he overreacts. Maya however lies and cheats repeatedly, she's just a selfish person which is shown many many times in the story.

Also, I think most people do not consider what the MC is doing is cheating since he is not in a relationship with anyone or committed to anyone. However the MC is a bit of a snowflake so maybe he is questioning his actions :LUL:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
So if your going the male slut route, (can't think of a better word at the moment) at what point can you tell Maya, Josie, Bella, Sage or Jill that your sleeping with everything that has a skirt?

The only thing I can recall is telling Jill your dating other people.
Maya, you can tell her that you're seeing another girl (josie) in episode 1.
Josie: You can kinda mention Maya when she phones to say she's coming to Uni

I can't think of any others, so the MC can't really be 100% honest by design.

I'll just note I've enjoyed my play throughs and love all the main girls. So I can see it getting tougher in the future. I've not got really any problems with how it's written, though I think the MC/Maya/Josie writting was the weakest part of EP 4.

Really, non of them are blameless of this, partly by the choices you make, partly by the choices you're allowed to make, and then the stuff you can't do because DPC hasn't written it into the game.
Maya and Josy are in a relationship, the MC isn't. It's not the same, don't pretend it is.
Yes. Yes you are. Rare desert flower, last packet cracker, last condom in the drugstore. :KEK:

Now seriously. "From drama, my life is enough." I don't see movies "to be sad", much less play a game for it.
AL had several tragedies but in the end had several happy endings. If so, then I am with you.

I will use this image until 2053.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh, tomorrow I will read less than today.
The funny thing is that Jill and Sage agree on this. Both think the MC can do whatever he wants with whoever he wants. For now.

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
I'll take a moment to say how proud I was to get a thumbs up from none other than living legend Krull today. It was enough to make me proud. :LOL:

So Quinn is gonna force herself on mc or did I get that wrong :LUL:
I mean hey If things don't go well with Jill cause I was mostly on the DIK route, I don't mind some last minute Quinn action she does look good
No, you got it wrong. The person on the bet was name88! :LOL:
The question was this:
"15- Will Name88 marry Quinn and flee to Patagonia with her in the end?"

Yennefer

Feb 7, 2018
I'll take a moment to say how proud I was to get a thumbs up from none other than living legend Krull today. It was enough to make me proud. :LOL:

No, you got it wrong. The person on the bet was name88! :LOL:
The question was this:
"15- Will Name88 marry Quinn and flee to Patagonia with her in the end?"
Ahhh lol he definitly will :KEK:

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
I wonder if DPC can save Maya and Josy's characters for most fans here. Some are making excuses (as if the MC is the same, even though he is not in a relationship with anyone and was honest with basically all the girls so far) but from what I can see most aren't really fans of them anymore. Me included (I won't say they are badly written though, just not likable right now).

I like how active this thread is though, really shows people are invested in the characters, DPC has done a good job so far.

Pepooooooooo

Nov 23, 2017
So many philosophes here. You guys feel free to make a game with better scenario. I will try it. Im doing the same with this game. Just play it and fuck whatever you can!

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
Yes, people tend to create a picture of the character in their minds and they seem to go blind. Most people do this in real life and think they love someone.
That's why I say Junior is Maya's #1 fan. He sees her as she is, and yet loves her.
So we have those that always come with the same story, that MC is no saint and blablabla. Even if he isn't, how does that nullify the actions of the two girls here?
Or say she didn't lie, this and that. I got tired of saying, go read the fucking definition of that word!
And this last guy, who can't understand the definition of commitment. When did the MC commit? The problem with them is exactly that, they had a commitment. If they had not, they would not have done anything wrong either. Maya herself admitted that she was wrong and was slow to tell the truth. What more do they want?! lol
Some people just want to defend their waifu's which is fine and all but there is no need to dumb down people's criticism here.

Buttsmarnnn

Sep 18, 2019
Does Sage know we are dating Jill?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it would be silly to write it in that she doesn't know. We put out a cluck that can either thank Jill for the date or tease Tybalt with us being the Cute date. I think both get a decent amount of likes if I recall correctly. Not to mention how much the HoT's use the Rooster App, I think it would come down to if DPC wants to make the Rooster App have as much consistency on the story as Swyper seems to have.
I want more of Karen Rebecca Johnson, her intro was golden :D
I was half expecting to have to do the class and have Minny or Wendy yelling at us incoherently but I was pleasantly surprised to get Karen. I would like to see more of her even if it is for comedy purposes.

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
I think it would be silly to write it in that she doesn't know. We put out a cluck that can either thank Jill for the date or tease Tybalt with us being the Cute date. I think both get a decent amount of likes if I recall correctly.
I think everyone kinda does cause we replied that we were the cute guy she was out with
That would make my situation difficult I hope Sage wants to be fuck buddies a bit longer until it's official with Jill :LUL:
I mean before, did sage at least suspect that MC was dating Jill? because in this picture right here she comments on Jill rooster which I've never seen her do and that was before we replied
Skärmavbild 2020-01-14 kl. 08.06.53.png

RiffRaff0682

Aug 3, 2017
Maya and Josy are in a relationship, the MC isn't. It's not the same, don't pretend it is.

The funny thing is that Jill and Sage agree on this. Both think the MC can do whatever he wants with whoever he wants. For now.
That doesn't answer the question I asked. Someone said the MC can be 100% honest, but he can't, by the design of the game.

And I tell you, if I told a girl I was falling for them (1st movie night with Maya) then went and fucked someone else, I wouldn't be surprised that they where pissed if they found out. (Actually had something very similar happen to me IRL)

Maya Lied, Josy Lied, and the MC has also potentially lied depending on the routes taken with other girls.

Reactions: Gods and Knight_BP
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes