Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Oh man, I just played this game for the first and it is honestly one of, if not THE best adult games I've ever played, and I've played a lot of them. It's got such an amazingly grounded realism to it with the setting, the dialogue and even the plot, which is a trifecta that most adult games never achieve, not to mention the animations which are nothing short of world-class. Oh sure, other adult games have hot characters and the sex scenes are usually alright, but this game is next level as it not only makes you feel like this is a real world with real consequences but it also catches you right in the feels.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jill, Bella, Josy, Maya, Sage, it's so hard to not to feel something for all these different characters as they have all been so well written. Even side characters like Quinn, Jade, and Riona are difficult not to like and feel a little something for. I honestly cannot praise the writing and plot of this game enough. It's so good that I don't even want to do the DIK route because going down the Neutral/CHICK Affinity/Status route has been so enjoyable that I don't want to know what the character would be like if he was a Massive DIK.

It's so good when you get to play a game at the point where it has so much content in it, but now begins the long, arduous wait, not just for the next update, but for the end of the entire game because I'm so desperate to know how this ends. Anyway, I think I need to go and do something to get my mind off this game because the more I think about it, the more depressed I feel that it isn't real and that I'm not the MC living this awesome life.

P.S. I do, however, wish there was a mod to unlock all the scenes in the gallery without having to repeat the game as a DIK.
You can use the mod or there are some saves that you can use on the first page whichever you prefer.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So, now that I'm into this game, I would like to posit 2 theories/predictions and 1 dream scenario:

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So, now that I'm into this game, I would like to posit 2 theories/predictions and 1 dream scenario:
There are also a few theories going around about who Sage could be, that she might also be either a Burgermeister or Royce and perhaps could be a cousin of either Jill or Rusty as we know Sage also has a rich background.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
There are also a few theories going around about who Sage could be, that she might also be either a Burgermeister or Royce and perhaps could be a cousin of either Jill or Rusty as we know Sage also has a rich background.
Yeah, that line about the "sponsorship" certainly hints at something and I could probably see her being more of a Burgmeister than a Royce as she seems more similar to Rusty than Jill, just in terms of her personality and demeanour; if Jill is a Royce then maybe they're a bit more upper-class than Burgmeisters. I was also thinking about the season 2 tease that DPC put up and wonder if...

Reactions: Iruna.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If Sage and Jill are cousins then it would be a big shock, I would never have except that because they don't feel like relatives.
If she was, then that would certainly help with a harem route, but then this game would, potentially, have incest and I don't think the dev would go down that route.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Why do you want a harem route? It won't fit the games story, also I'm pretty sure that the dev said there won't be a harem route or incest. I wouldn't get high hopes for that lad.
It's a weird feeling, I'm not going to lie, especially since it involves a work of fiction, but as I said earlier, this game's got such well-written characters and I really like all of them in different ways. Unlike most other games, I don't want to see any of them get hurt by breaking up with them because I feel like they could all do with having the MC, the way I've played him, in their lives as a romantic partner.

I know it goes against the grain of this game being as realistic as I praised it for, but sometimes I think that I feel a little differently about monogamy and believe that it is possible for someone to love more than one person at a time and that people can be comfortable in such a relationship.

Knight_BP

Developer Of Broken Promises
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2019
It's a weird feeling, I'm not going to lie, especially since it involves a work of fiction, but as I said earlier, this game's got such well-written characters and I really like all of them in different ways. Unlike most other games, I don't want to see any of them get hurt by breaking up with them because I feel like they could all do with having the MC, the way I've played him, in their lives as a romantic partner.

I know it goes against the grain of this game being as realistic as I praised it for, but sometimes I think that I feel a little differently about monogamy and believe that it is possible for someone to love more than one person at a time and that people can be comfortable in such a relationship.
The thing is that's life, you can't make everyone happy and you can't have all the girlfriends. That's why I don't want a harem route because I doubt most people here can get that in real life. What I'm saying is this game has well written characters and don't get me wrong I love all of them but not as my LI interests. I'm saying interested in one girl, I'm interested with both Bella, Sage and my favorite Jill. But when I play this kinds of games I just imagine myself in the MC situation and I want to take the most logical and realistic options. Might be talking out of my ass but here's my two cents
Yeah, I keep dreaming that Jade will become the main girl but I've made my peace with that she won't :(
You know the saying except the unexpected :p

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The thing is that's life, you can't make everyone happy and you can't have all the girlfriends. That's why I don't want a harem route because I doubt most people here can get that in real life. What I'm saying is this game has well written characters and don't get me wrong I love all of them but not as my LI interests. I'm saying interested in one girl, I'm interested with both Bella, Sage and my favorite Jill. But when I play this kinds of games I just imagine myself in the MC situation and I want to take the most logical and realistic options. Might be talking out of my ass but here's my two cents
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand and get that things may happen in this game that will force tough choices to be made with regards to all the different love interests. I mean, we already had a tough choice with Josy and Maya, and going the way I went could still backfire as far as the other girls are concerned, and I have very much enjoyed how real-to-life this game feels, but it is still a work of fiction and as such it has the opportunity to do things that make it better than the real-world, which can suck a lot of the time, especially now.

I also too often put myself in the MC's shoes, especially in games with reasonably compelling stories that feel somewhat realistic, but I also do so knowing that they live in a world where something that seems impossible here is possible there because it's a work of fiction, but I also like to believe it could happen here if we were to let go of our puritanical thinking and just let people love who they want to love; as long as they're adults over the age of 18, of course.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass as well, but that's how I feel about this.

P.S. I've never had more than 1 person at a time that I have strong feelings for, and even with most adult games where I play a harem route I've favoured one character over the others. (E.g. In Milfy City, Sara is my favourite, in A Familiar Venture, Sydney is my favourite, in Summertime Saga, Eve is my favourite, etc.) So this is the first time I've found myself deeply liking more than 1 person which is probably contributing to me finding it difficult to choose a favourite as it's a new feeling.

Last edited:

Xoric

Sep 1, 2018
Soo.. I was very skeptic about this game at first so I didn't play it for a few months. Now finally I downloaded it and well, finished it in one session. The game is great, the storytelling is good, even if it starts a bit basic. But the characters man.. They feel so alive and most importantly some moments in the game really hit me. It's honestly the best adult game I have played so far, and easily amongst my Top 5 of games overall.

Now I have an issue though I am incredibly unhappy with other games.. They just don't look as pretty, don't feel so alive and just don't immerse me at all..
Do you guys have recommendations for other games, that possibly are just as good?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Now I have an issue though I am incredibly unhappy with other games.. They just don't look as pretty, don't feel so alive and just don't immerse me at all..
Do you guys have recommendations for other games, that possibly are just as good?
Keep in mind that this is still pretty much in development you won't get many games of this exact scale it's pretty rare to come across.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Soo.. I was very skeptic about this game at first so I didn't play it for a few months. Now finally I downloaded it and well, finished it in one session. The game is great, the storytelling is good, even if it starts a bit basic. But the characters man.. They feel so alive and most importantly some moments in the game really hit me. It's honestly the best adult game I have played so far, and easily amongst my Top 5 of games overall.

As someone who has also recently just finished playing this game for the first time and loved it, welcome. :)

First off, although I do very much agree about the polished, professional, and realistic feel this game has, I would urge you not be so unhappy with other games. Let's not forget that they're being made by amateur game devs, almost all of whom will not be skilled writers and skilled graphical artists, so I think we can allow them a little bit of leeway with regards to their skills in these areas. DrPinkCake just happens to be particularly skilled and representative of a sadly very small proportion of devs.

As for other games to recommend, there are a few that also have a very real-world feel to them in terms of the world the characters occupy like A Wife and Mother, Gates Motel, and The Way, but there aren't really any I can think of that have such compelling characters that can engender the kind of strong feelings in the player that this game does. I can, however, recommend some games with some decent characters like The Visit, Light of My Life, Dreams of Desire, My Sister My Roommate, Where The Heart Is, and Summertime Saga.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hey Mormont, I installed the walkthrough mod like you said but it hasn't unlocked all the gallery scenes. Any suggestions (besides using someone else's save file)?

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018

You know the saying except the unexpected :p
How DARE us....to want in a game what we could never achieve in real life...the audacity!!!!
I get how harem lovers want it in every game & harem (un)lovers? Dont want it, the heart/genitals wants what the heart/genitals wants >;D

4.80 star(s) 1,524 Votes