arms99

May 11, 2018
Soo.. I was very skeptic about this game at first so I didn't play it for a few months. Now finally I downloaded it and well, finished it in one session. The game is great, the storytelling is good, even if it starts a bit basic. But the characters man.. They feel so alive and most importantly some moments in the game really hit me. It's honestly the best adult game I have played so far, and easily amongst my Top 5 of games overall.

Now I have an issue though I am incredibly unhappy with other games.. They just don't look as pretty, don't feel so alive and just don't immerse me at all..
Do you guys have recommendations for other games, that possibly are just as good?
Try City of Broken dreamers, in my opinion along with BAD are 2 are two of best games being produced at the moment. Although wait a bit til the 0.6 update is released (which is supposed to be in a few hours)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
This probably won't update till at least late April early May just as well for other games and their updates by my reckoning should be a few out over the next few weeks.
I have to say that I'm incredibly impressed with how far this game has come in a year. This thread started in February last year, which I'm presuming was when the first episode was released, and whilst 3 new episodes since then may sound small, they've all been massive with shit loads more content than virtually every other game in the same timeframe. DrPinkCake's pace is remarkable considering that he does it all by himself, but just imagine what it would be like if all the best devs pulled their resources, started a company, and worked together on not just each other's games but on new games as well. We could get updates on a much more regular basis and potentially get many more incredible, high quality games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gods and Mormont

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I have to say that I'm incredibly impressed with how far this game has come in a year. This thread started in February last year, which I'm presuming was when the first episode was released, and whilst 3 new episodes since then may sound small, they've all been massive with shit loads more content than virtually every other game in tha same timeframe. DrPinkCake's pace is remarkable considering that he does it all by himself, but just imagine what it would be like if all the best devs pulled their resources, started a company, and worked together on not just each other's games but on new games as well. We could get updates on a much more regular basis and potentially get many more incredible, high quality games.
I think the only questionable episode so far has been episode 3 that was the only one that had felt a little out of place and a little rushed. But the other episodes have been great. I'd love to see more devs work together I know DPC has in the past although it didn't end well I'd love to see him and Philly team up imagine the game we would get out of that.

Reactions: Iruna. and Gods

bddrone

Feb 18, 2020
So I am new here and new to VN and Ren'Py and I just wanted to know how to update this game from 4.0 to 4.2 on a mac. I am sure this has been asked before but this thread is too huge to fish though. Apologies for repeating in advance.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So I am new here and new to VN and Ren'Py and I just wanted to know how to update this game from 4.0 to 4.2 on a mac. I am sure this has been asked before but this thread is too huge to fish though. Apologies for repeating in advance.
I'd imagine for Mac it has some type of game folder? I'm not sure if it's similar to Windows but the patch usually goes in the game folder.

Reactions: Iruna.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think the only questionable episode so far has been episode 3 that was the only one that had felt a little out of place and a little rushed. But the other episodes have been great. I'd love to see more devs work together I know DPC has in the past although it didn't end well I'd love to see him and Philly team up imagine the game we would get out of that.
Do you mind if I ask what it is specifically about Ep 3 you didn't like? I personally can't think of anything that I felt was out of place but I'd like to hear what you think.

As much as I would love the the likes of DPC, Lewdlab, Icstor, Inceton, Motkeyz, L&P, and others work together, I understand collaboration can be hard if people to set aside their own egos and their own self-interest to get in the way of unity and progress and you need everyone to be on the same page. Like so many other things, it's a pipe dream and it would require some or several devs having the will to do this and that, sadly, doesn't seem to be something they have.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all doing well.

I've been pushing on for the last two weeks with the first free-roam event and it's approximately 70% finished. I did move on to pose more static renders and write dialogue as well, just to vary my work a bit.

I'm making good progress, but I still have many scenes to pose and write for before the episode is complete. I estimate that I have written ~70% of the episode.

Currently, 915 static renders and 101 animations are complete.

Maya won the poll for an extra set of special renders. This means that Maya's special renders will be added to episode 5, in addition to the Jill and Riona sets. Quinn will get her chance to shine in special renders of episode 6. I will start a new animation poll later on.

I'll end this status update with a little teaser of the main menu for Season 2.

View attachment 592518

Have a nice weekend and take care of yourselves.

Dr PinkCake
Oh god look at the damn Riona, too hot TOO DAMN HOT

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Do you mind if I ask what it is specifically about Ep 3 you didn't like? I personally can't think of anything that I felt was out of place but I'd like to hear what you think.
One issue I had was with Quinn she felt a little dumbed down and it just had that feeling of being rushed of course by the time episode 4 had come around it was forgotten.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
One issue I had was with Quinn she felt a little dumbed down and it just had that feeling of being rushed of course by the time episode 4 had come around it was forgotten.
Can honestly say I didn't get that sense at all, but as they say, to each their own.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020

As much as I would love the the likes of DPC, Lewdlab, Icstor, Inceton, Motkeyz, L&P, and others work together, I understand collaboration can be hard if people to set aside their own egos and their own self-interest to get in the way of unity and progress and you need everyone to be on the same page. Like so many other things, it's a pipe dream and it would require some or several devs having the will to do this and that, sadly, doesn't seem to be something they have.
I myself often imagine a game that is created by the Holy Trinity DrPinkCake HopesGaming and Philly_Games
But sadly we are't quite ready yet for such epicness.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I myself often imagine a game that is created by the Holy Trinity DrPinkCake HopesGaming and Philly_Games
But sadly we are't quite ready yet for such epicness.
It would be great to see devs come together and work on high quality games, but then there's that old adage; too many cooks spoil the broth. Each of them has their own way of doing things and they might not be able to adequately agree on the best direction and style for a joint game. If we broke down adult games into 8 categories - plot, character development, dialogue, character designs, render quality, environments, gameplay, and animations - not all devs, in my opinon, would tick all these boxes in terms of their strengths. DPC is probably the only one, for me, that does tick all boxes, but other devs would think they do too and it might be difficult to form a consensus. There's also the fact that, as a lone dev, you get 100% of the profits whereas a group effort would likely provide less money when you have to share the profits.

It's a shame that these factors are likely what prevent such collaboration - ego and money - because if they did pull together, we could potentially have game updates faster and have lots of high quality games like this one more frequently.

bddrone

Feb 18, 2020
I'd imagine for Mac it has some type of game folder? I'm not sure if it's similar to Windows but the patch usually goes in the game folder.
On a mac the game shows up as an application and if I try to copy the update to the app, it replaces the app with the update and overweights the main game app.... there is no way to update the game unless its like an actual .dmg update..... just saying,,,,

Feb 29, 2020
It would be great to see devs come together and work on high quality games, but then there's that old adage; too many cooks spoil the broth. Each of them has their own way of doing things and they might not be able to adequately agree on the best direction and style for a joint game. If we broke down adult games into 8 categories - plot, character development, dialogue, character designs, render quality, environments, gameplay, and animations - not all devs, in my opinon, would tick all these boxes in terms of their strengths. DPC is probably the only one, for me, that does tick all boxes, but other devs would think they do too and it might be difficult to form a consensus. There's also the fact that, as a lone dev, you get 100% of the profits whereas a group effort would likely provide less money when you have to share the profits.

It's a shame that these factors are likely what prevent such collaboration - ego and money - because if they did pull together, we could potentially have game updates faster and have lots of high quality games like this one more frequently.
I do agree with you. A guy can dream though.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
On a mac the game shows up as an application and if I try to copy the update to the app, it replaces the app with the update and overweights the main game app.... there is no way to update the game unless its like an actual .dmg update..... just saying,,,,
Have you tried /Library/RenPy/game_directory
I think that's how it would be on Mac you'd put it in that folder

Reactions: Iruna.

TheJoeFish

Oct 7, 2019
So I’m curious about the theorizing that goes on around here, as I’m pretty out of the loop. With several seasons planned, there’s a lot more ground to cover. There are some twists brewing that I picked up on upon replaying segments of the game, and I want to know what the consensus is surrounding these topics. The comment from Jade to MC about not having to worry about leaving his baby batter inside of her seems like an obvious queue to her being sterile. Not a given, but a probable guess considering the type of storytelling we’re talking about. This is backed up by the Tybalt photo from Episode 3: he’s obviously not their birth child yet he’s up there among the family photos. Tybalt is the adopted son of Jade and Stephen. Something I recently noticed however, is that there’s a third frame facing away from the camera. Has there been any thought to this being Sage? She obviously comes from a preppy family, given her comments about ‘fanciful’ expectations during her childhood, and maybe this is the answer. Two fraternity/sorority presidents for the kids of respected B&R teachers would be fitting. Not sure how that gels with the danger of her and MC hooking up in public, though, as noted by Jacob in Episode 2. In all honesty, I doubt that third picture frame has any significance or we would’ve seen the photo alongside Tybalt’s in Episode 3, but I’m curious to hear the speculation. Is Sage a Royce? Rusty’s sister? Jade’s sister? What crazy family theories permeate the fandom? I wanna hear ‘em all.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes