Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
Well, obviously. She's a psychopath after all. Wouldn't really be that much of a surprise if she ended up betraying the MC and being the final villain of the game.
View attachment 3770057
Jill, the Final Vilain... Please !
Like all the antagonist of Being a DIK, they are just puppets compared to the true super villain of the game.... :devilish:
Pupet Master.png
Fuck you Fluffy !!! :mad:

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019
Am I late for the party? Eh, here's my two cents. Just so you know, I'm gonna be defending Tommy here can't believe I've found myself agreeing with Dav :rolleyes:

But the further into the game, the more his bad sides are visible and they outweigh the good:
1. Tommy is a drug addict. And not just to smoke weed, he injects all sorts of rubbish into his veins and can't come off. Heroin, hello. He steals money from Heather for the next dose. He makes a deal with Vinny because of this, which leads to problems later.
2. He breaks the agreement with his girlfriend that they should talk to each other about "pluses" and do it again and again, thereby cheating on her.
3. Tommy breaks the DIK secret code twice: with Derek and then with Tremolo.
4. He lies about Vinny's "prop gun", which puts Tremolo in real danger to his life. Even Quinn did the better job there, warning MC to not mess with Vinny.
5. How insecure do you have to be to be afraid that someone will have sex with your sister? If Tommy thinks that makes him a cuck in the eyes of others, then this guy has serious self-esteem problems. If Tommy would have F95 account , he would be one of this fanatical anti-NTR crusaders :KEK: Tommy doesn't care about Josy, but only about his reputation, I think.
6. It seems like he is jealous of Tremolo and his success. He is constantly skeptical of our guy and he clearly doesn’t like it when he succeeds: “Fuck you for being that good.”
1. Here I was supposed to be on Tommy's side, but this one is where I mostly agree with you, Geralt. Shooting up hard drugs never leads to a good outcome, m'kay? Although I still wanna point out that it is ultimately Tommy's choice/right to put whatever he wants into his body.

2. Perhaps, but the thing is, he's MC's frat brother. And who is Heather to Fuckface? A nobody. So why would anyone hold against Tommy something, that is a part of his private/personal life? Ain't my business what's going on in that relationship.

3. Ah, here's the juicy part. What is this "secret code" at its core? A seemingly convinient and more than a little arbitrary method to sweep the dirt under a rug that a bunch of dumb college kids came up with in order to protect themselves whenever they fuck somebody they shouldn't have fucked in the first place (or when they do some other dumb shit). Like with Josy, MC knew all too well how Tommy's gonna react to that revelation, and he still didn't end things with Josy (and Maya). He was careless and, if you ask me, inconsiderate of Tommy's feelings. And I'm not even gonna cover the Derek bit, that shit was for laughs and shouldn't even be considered a "violation" of the code.
How did Lily put this? Something like, "aren't codes more like a bunch of guidelines that everyone cherry-picks from?" Hear, hear.

4. He could've handled it better, true. Maybe he could talk to Trem after he calmed down and clearly let him know that Vinny is one crazy son of a bitch. But right after Trem's altercation with Vinny, our Snowflake McFuckface was shaken up so bad he was ready to call the cops. I believe I don't need to remind you of the consequences of that for the whole frat, not just for Tommy.

5. Personally, I'm in the "Tommy cares about Josy more than he lets on" camp, so I would attribute that to his overprotectiveness. I might eat my words later, who knows? But for now, I'll keep being optimistic.

6. Who isn't and wouldn't be jealous of that guy? In a couple of months, he became the most popular guy on campus. That kind of success breeds jealousy even in the most unenvious people. And frankly, MC needs someone to be skeptical of him. We don't want Trem's success to get to his head, do we?

How about we flip it. I am genuinely interested, would you be willing to write up reason why you like Tommy? You clearly do, since you seem to be his biggest defender. And since you like him and I consider him garbage and sub-human trash, I'm interested what is it that you see in him that creates a vastly different opinion/image of him. You're aware you're the minority here, but I am always up for hearing other perspectives even if they are quite different from mine... hell, those are the best. Talking with Yes Men is super boring anyways
I guess I can relate to him somewhat. He's the guy whose temper and bad habits tend to get the better of him, despite him not being a bad person, really. Let's look at his record so far: did a shitty job as a father? Came around, apologized, and made an effort to make things up with MC. Threw a fit after the mansion was trashed? He calmed down, started doing his part, and found a gig for the DIKs to make some more money. Yelled at Quinn for ruining the evaluation party? He admitted his part of the blame, apologized, and gave Quinn a chance to do the same. And so on, and so forth.

This is a personal thing, but I tend to prefer this particular character trope Tommy embodies so well: Jerk with a heart of gold don't shoot me for being cheesy, that's just how they named the trope on TVTropes!. Cripples, bastards and broken things tend to be the most amusing people for me, both in fiction and IRL.

Edit: typos

Last edited:

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Am I late for the party? Eh, here's my two cents. Just so you know, I'm gonna be defending Tommy here can't believe I've found myself agreeing with Dav :rolleyes:

1. Here I was supposed to be on Tommy's side, but this one is where I mostly agree with you, Geralt. Shooting up hard drugs never leads to a good outcome, m'kay? Although I still wanna point out that it is ultimately Tommy's choice/right to put whatever he wants into his body.

2. Perhaps, but the thing is, he's MC's frat brother. And who is Heather to Fuckface? A nobody. So why would anyone hold against Tommy something, that is a part of his private/personal life? Ain't my business what's going on in that relationship.

3. Ah, here's the juicy part. What is this "secret code" at its core? A seemingly convinient and more than a little arbitrary method to sweep the dirt under a rug that a bunch of dumb college kids came up with in order to protect themselves whenever they fuck somebody they shouldn't have fucked in the first place (or when they do some other dumb shit). Like with Josy, MC knew all too well how Tommy's gonna react to that revelation, and he still didn't end things with Josy (and Maya). He was careless and, if you ask me, inconsiderate of Tommy's feelings. And I'm not even gonna cover the Derek bit, that shit was for laughs and shouldn't even be considered a "violation" of the code.
How did Lily put this? Something like, "aren't codes more like a bunch of guidelines that everyone cherry-picks from?" Hear, hear.

4. He could've handled it better, true. Maybe he could talk to Trem after he calmed down and clearly let him know that Vinny is one crazy son of a bitch. But right after Trem's altercation with Vinny, our Snowflake McFuckface was shaken up so dad he was ready to call the cops. I believe I don't need to remind you of the consequences of that for the whole frat, not just for Tommy.

5. Personally, I'm in the "Tommy cares about Josy more than he lets on" camp, so I would attribute that to his overprotectiveness. I might eat my words later, who knows? But for now, I'll keep being optimistic.

6. Who isn't and wouldn't be jealous of that guy? In a couple of months, he became the most popular guy on campus. That kind of success breeds jealousy even in the most unenvious people. And frankly, MC needs someone to be skeptical of him. We don't want Trem's success to get to his head, do we?

I guess I can relate to him somewhat. He's the guy whose temper and bad habits tend to get the better of him, despite him not being a bad person, really. Let's look at his record so far: did a shitty job as a father? Came around, apologized, and made an effort to make things up with MC. Threw a fit after the mansion was trashed? He calmed down, started doing his part, and found a gig for the DIKs to make some more money. Yelled at Quinn for ruining the evaluation party? He admitted his part of the blame, apologized, and gave Quinn a chance to do the same. And so on, and so forth.

This is a personal thing, but I tend to prefer this particular character trope Tommy embodies so well: Jerk with a heart of gold don't shoot me for being cheesy, that's just how they named the trope on TVTropes!. Cripples, bastards and broken things tend to be the most amusing people for me, both in fiction and IRL.
Here's the thing. Just because you're sorry, doesn't excuse bad behaviour. And when bad behaviour is a repeatable offence, sorry just doesn't cut it. Just saying sorry is not equal to learning from mistakes and becoming a better version of oneself.

Saying sorry and doing shit again to me is the same as ppl that call you to cry/vent and ask for advice, which they never use and than come back again with the same boo hoo sad story. That person is just a serial whiner at this point and is addicted to being patted on the head, has no interest in bettering themselves.

So yeah; gaslighters, ppl with empty promises, serial whiners and so on get no respect from me.

To put it into easy perspective: Lets say I call you a slur. Get a temporary thread ban and a warning from N7, RK, RamRam or m44zy. I say sorry and time passes and the ban goes away. And I do it again. At that point it's not someone being a "broken thing", it's just being a fucking idiot.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

4. He could've handled it better, true. Maybe he could talk to Trem after he calmed down and clearly let him know that Vinny is one crazy son of a bitch. But right after Trem's altercation with Vinny, our Snowflake McFuckface was shaken up so dad he was ready to call the cops. I believe I don't need to remind you of the consequences of that for the whole frat, not just for Tommy.

Don't think that you agree with Dav, it seemed that he was arguing just for the sake of arguing
1. You're right here, it's his choice, but if I think that hard drugs are bad, then I can treat him with distrust. Would you like to have a fentanyl junk next door.
2.Well, I look at his relationship with Heather from my side and how I feel about what he does, not from the point of view of MC.
3.I wouldn't be so biased against DIK secret code. All organizations have secrets and everyone is hiding something under the carpet. Corporations, communities, governments, frats and sororities after all. This is how any closed community works and it maintains the reputation of the members and to some extent it works in DIKs. And it's not always used to hide dirty secrets. Jamie doesn't want to be clowned because he's into gardening. I agree that scene with Derek was for a joke and Tommy didn't break the rule in plain text by using hints, but here he blurted out openly after a few minutes. Cunt move.
And Tommy should control his feelings, if he is an adult.
4. Oh kmon. That cunt threatened with a gun, I would want to call a cops too. Vinny's mistake was dealing with this thug at first, my opinion.
5. Can't argue here, it's a possible scenario too.
6. Maybe you right here too, we don't need MC turned into "I am the real hero" mode. But also jealous maybe different. Good type, when DIKs look to you as a role model, or toxic envy, when a person wants you to fail.

Overall, great arguments, you are bring much more interesting of them.

Oh, come on Geralt, I remember you saying something about September last year... :cautious:

Then you made a little mistake, but maybe this year it will work. :rolleyes:

I know it's won't. :cautious::(

But maybe... :unsure:

A miracle will happen. :love:
Two years here, learned a lesson: don't be optimistic with AVNs release date expectations.
Maybe if I will be skeptical, he will do it faster:unsure::ROFLMAO:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Here's the thing. Just because you're sorry, doesn't excuse bad behaviour. And when bad behaviour is a repeatable offence, sorry just doesn't cut it. Just saying sorry is not equal to learning from mistakes and becoming a better version of oneself.

Saying sorry and doing shit again to me is the same as ppl that call you to cry/vent and ask for advice, which they never use and than come back again with the same boo hoo sad story. That person is just a serial whiner at this point and is addicted to being patted on the head, has no interest in bettering themselves.

So yeah; gaslighters, ppl with empty promises, serial whiners and so on get no respect from me.

To put it into easy perspective: Lets say I call you a slur. Get a temporary thread ban and a warning from N7, RK, RamRam or m44zy. I say sorry and time passes and the ban goes away. And I do it again. At that point it's not someone being a "broken thing", it's just being a fucking idiot.
Now, I totally disagree with that. Saying your sorry does matter, just like forgiveness matters. In a way, my whole country (the US) was built on the idea of a second chance. That's why I so hate this modern culture of cancelled for ever. I think that's an evil concept.

Reactions: Ostap Bender

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024

Suppose I might as well add a few thoughts as well.

2. Regardless of who Heather is to the MC, how Tommy treats anyone that he's in a relationship with is going to influence MC's opinion of his character. To take it to an extreme, imagine if Tommy was routinely physically abusive to Heather. Do you really think that shouldn't influence how MC feels about Tommy's character quality just because he's a "brother" and Heather is someone MC only somewhat knows? A pattern of cheating is a form of emotional abuse; if I was MC, you can bet your ass I'm thinking less of Tommy for doing it, even if I don't get involved or intervene in the relationship since it's a private matter.

3. Regarding Josy and MC's relationship, it would certainly have been more considerate if MC mentioned it to Tommy much earlier on. That's on him, though he did have some extenuating circumstances since 1) he met Josy months before he met Tommy or knew they were related and 2) Maya is involved as well and shit could go bad for her if too much of their relationship goes public. I find it interesting though how for Tommy/Heather's relationship you say it "ain't my business what's going on in that relationship", but for MC/Josy, you imply that they should break up just because it might make Tommy uncomfortable. It feels like there's a bit of a double-standard there just because they're step-siblings, and that you're taking away from Josy's personal agency (and I say this as someone that has a younger sister in real life, with whom I have a much better relationship that Tommy and Josy).

5. It's certainly possible that he's overprotective of Josy. But it's easy for overprotective actions to slip into controlling actions instead. Feeling that MC shouldn't date Josy just because he's a DIK without considering how Josy feels and/or whether or not the relationship is healthy and good for her isn't being protective, it's being controlling. With that said, a conversation could be had to consider how if the relationship goes south, how is that going to impact MC and Tommy living in the same house etc.

Tommy does have some redeeming qualities and occasionally does show that he cares about people. Having mixed qualities like that makes for an interesting character. But with that said, just because you might have a "heart of gold" (and from what I've seen, if he has one, it's pretty underused so far) it doesn't mean you can't also be an asshole. ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ostap Bender

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Now, I totally disagree with that. Saying your sorry does matter, just like forgiveness matters. In a way, my whole country (the US) was built on the idea of a second chance. That's why I so hate this modern culture of cancelled for ever. I think that's an evil concept.
I agree that saying sorry matters as long as you really mean it and grow from it, but I STRONGLY think that saying sorry and doing the same or similar shit again makes that sorry void and empty. And after a few times, that sorry loses all meaning. So yeah, a second chance is alright but when someone is being the same kind of idiot 3+ times, sorry doesn't cut it, that someone is just an idiot.

Roger-a-Dale

May 9, 2024
On the subject of cheating. To my mind in relationships the unofficial matters a great deal. Marriage is a legal contract and in a divorce things like evidence matter and should, but morally speaking it is not wrong to sleep with someone else when your spouse's actions have already broken the relationship beyond repair. At that point "cheating" is a mere technicality. In the courtroom those technicalities matter, but morality focuses on the spirit of the agreement not the letter. Most relationships in BADIK are of course not marriages, but if you think of them as verbal agreements the moral consideration is pretty much seamless. Breaking the agreement has no legal consequences, but morally the cheating is just as meaningful.

How does this apply to BADIK characters? Let's start with Bella. She has had no contact with her husband in three years and has reason to believe that he is dead. Her actions with the MC being adultery is a technicality. It's debatable if it should even be considered that since if James is alive he has effectively abandoned her. Bella herself feels guilty about it, because she has not fully moved on emotionally, but objectively there is nothing wrong with her actions. At least nothing wrong where James is concerned. Jill on the other hand has some cause to complain. As does anyone else who was led on by MC.

Jade on the other hand is definitely still married to Stephen. Those actions are adultery. It just so happens that Stephen's multiple adulteries across the years reduce Jade's to a legal technicality. Jade definitely isn't innocent in their marriage falling apart, but we don't at this point know how things were before Stephen strayed for the first time. Jade may have been an incredibly bad spouse in other ways. But even if she was, Stephen still let the marriage keep going. If he wanted to keep his morality intact, he should have divorced Jade much sooner. Likewise Jade should have started the divorce process herself. Rather than moving on she uses MC as a means for revenge. She is not good, just better than Stephen.

Sage is also technically in a relationship, if you play the fuck-buddy variant. If you friend-zone her until episode 7, it's not even technically cheating. But even with the fuck-buddy route she doesn't go beyond kissing MC without first getting proof of Chad's cheating. She should have broken up with Chad herself instead of trying to find out who his partner was, but even so all the blame falls onto Chad. The fact that the relationship was a lie to start with makes Sage's "cheating" even less meaningful.

Maya and Josy cheat on each other. Neither knows about the other so it can't be called revenge. They try to make their relationship work anyway, but they both did cheat. However, unlike Jade, Stephen and Chad, their actions are very limited and very much fuelled by circumstance. Neither of them makes it a habit and they regret the little that does happen. The wrongs are forgivable, but their innocence does get a stain. It's not just a mere technicality the way it is with Sage and Bella.

And now the couple who got us onto the subject (this time anyway). Tommy and Heather are in an open relationship. However they do agree on rules. The rules are different from the conventional "no sleeping with other people", but breaking them is still cheating. Heather only cheats on Halloween. She is drunk, very angry, regrets it immediately and later breaks up with Tommy. Not a habit. Tommy? Very much a habit. And he definitely understands that he is cheating open relationship or not. Otherwise he would just tell Heather instead of telling the DIKs not to tell Heather. He could try calling it asking for forgiveness instead of asking for permission, but he tries so hard to avoid letting Heather know at all that it's just straight up cheating. It is also clear that he is simply aware of Heather's temper and wants to avoid the consequences of her finding out. He has no remorse over the deeds themselves.

Lastly there is MC himself. Weirdly enough with him the argument is the other way around. He can fuck around a LOT and technically it isn't cheating. He doesn't even have the verbal agreement level of a relationship with anyone so what he does isn't cheating. Technically. Morally it's still pretty bad, but there are some considerations. He does try to have something more meaningful with at least the main girls, but they all push him to arm's length one way or another. Bella insists that she is a married woman and Sage says they're just fuck-buddies. They change their minds later and so it becomes a matter of when he did it. Threesome with Mona and Camila? That was Hell Week. It's okay. Threesome with Riona and Camila? Not okay. Jill on the other hand gives a lot of signs of wanting a long term relationship. The obstacle is even a consequence of MC's own actions. It's not okay to fuck others just because she isn't ready. Josy and Maya? Well Maya did say no strings attached and Josy didn't voice her disagreement, but is it really okay? Well he isn't actually cheating. Technically.

And on the subject of Tommy being an asshole. It's a matter of default behaviour. Derek is an asshole in Gender Studies, but that is not his default, so he is not an asshole. The "feminist" girls in that class however are definitely assholes. If you treat half the people of the world like shit just because they have penises, you're an asshole. Most of what Tommy does is pretty minor, but his default behaviour with strangers is to be an asshole. The people he is somewhat decent with are the exception, not the rule. He can be quite likeable when you get to know him and show him what lines he shouldn't cross, but he is still an asshole. He is way better than Dawe, but he is an asshole. And if you make certain choices the MC is being an asshole too. And you were an asshole for making him do that. And by "you" I mean "me" in some of my runs.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Saying your sorry does matter, I agree. But saying you're sorry and repeating the same behavior over and over demonstrates that your apology lacks sincerity and you view the apology as currency to exchange for bad behavior.

Reactions: Roger-a-Dale
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes