Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
It's so interesting that people can view the same thing in such different ways because I personally don't feel that Maya did mistreat the MC.

The way I see it, when Maya first met the MC and told him that she had a boyfriend, that was a reflexive defensive measure she's likely used for many years to keep guys away from her, something that she pretty much admits to the MC when she begins to feel comfortable with him. Maya has obvious trust issues and I've seen some criticism of her asking for 100% honesty from him but not giving much in return, but the reason she does this is likely because she needs to know that someone is trustworthy before divulging the truth of herself. She's worried that if she tells him everything about herself before he has given her enough reason to trust him that it could ruin a potentially positive friendship. This is most likely tied to her Daddy issues as it's abundantly clear that he's not happy with her sexual orientation, and she may have also been bullied or seen others be bullied for it at school which would also contribute to a reticence to trust someone with the truth, especially a guy.

As for Josy, she was Maya's close friend who blossomed into her first love, the first person with whom she could be her real self. That's difficult to let go of, and this leads to Maya being understandably conflicted when doing things with the MC because not only is she confused about these new feelings she's experiencing for a guy but she's also unsure of where she and Josy stand at this point as well as feeling a little guilty for cheating. But her feelings for the MC are, I believe, genuine which also contributes to her inner conflict and she certainly wanted to tell the MC about her girlfriend and about the troubles they were going through, but she was probably thinking to herself, "do I even have a girlfriend anymore?". She probably thought she would never see Josy again and that the relationship was done, so didn't feel the need to ruin the good thing she had going with the MC by telling him about someone who she likely thought was no longer her girlfriend.

Overall, I see Maya as someone who was just trying to shield herself from being hurt and as such she was very guarded, something she admits to at the end of Ep 4. She also appears very remorseful for doing this with the MC and says that she should have let her guard down more him which tells me that, even though they've only know each other for a short time, her feelings for him already run pretty deep. She didn't mistreat the MC in any way, she just had trouble letting him in for a number of reasons and she herself recognised that, which is why I think her actions are forgivable, and even if you choose the friendship path with them, I can certainly see Maya coming back to the MC because of these feelings.
I have no problem with Maya not telling the MC she was in a relationship with a woman like Josy did but she should have at least told him she was in a complicated relationship that was about to end. She never officially broke up with Josy so even if she thought she would never see her again there was always a possibility Josy would end up there one day and if Maya was in a relationship with the MC that could have caused big problems. If Maya told him that she was in a relationship but they haven't spoken in months and the relationship was over for her and when she was ready told him it was with a woman at least that would have been something but instead she just lied.

She lied to the MC a lot and there was the whole cumpetition thing. I know she had her reasons for everything but that does not make anything better. She did wrong by the MC when he was open and honest with her and no matter her reasons she needs to make it up to him and earn back his trust.

I know she has a lot of shit going on and she regrets the things she did and she does genuinely have feelings for the MC. I don't think she is a bad person and what she did was a huge mistake but I just can't excuse the things she did. I do really dislike her right now and I doubt I will ever actually like her but if she makes up for it enough in future episodes I may stop disliking her and I could forget what she did.

• Angry
Reactions: SerHawkes

Anthony11553

Feb 9, 2020
hm i kinda forget why didn't Maya just stick with the "i have a boyfriend thing" would of been a lot easier to do, also i like Jose alot more then Maya for some reason

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I have no problem with Maya not telling the MC she was in a relationship with a woman like Josy did but she should have at least told him she was in a complicated relationship that was about to end. She never officially broke up with Josy so even if she thought she would never see her again there was always a possibility Josy would end up there one day and if Maya was in a relationship with the MC that could have caused big problems. If Maya told him that she was in a relationship but they haven't spoken in months and the relationship was over for her and when she was ready told him it was with a woman at least that would have been something but instead she just lied.

She lied to the MC a lot and there was the whole cumpetition thing. I know she had her reasons for everything but that does not make anything better. She did wrong by the MC when he was open and honest with her and no matter her reasons she needs to make it up to him and earn back his trust.

I know she has a lot of shit going on and she regrets the things she did and she does genuinely have feelings for the MC. I don't think she is a bad person and what she did was a huge mistake but I just can't excuse the things she did. I do really dislike her right now and I doubt I will ever actually like her but if she makes up for it enough in future episodes I may stop disliking her and I could forget what she did.
For me, there are different types of lies; there are deliberate lies done for malicious and/or selfish reasons, and the ones that are done to spare someone from any pain. The first type of lie is unforgivable but the other one is forgivable, even if the feelings you're trying to prevent from being hurt are your own. Maya's omission of her relationship status was, in my view, because she was worried the MC would reject her if he knew about it and I think she just wanted more time to really know if she wanted to give their relationship her all and at that point she was going to tell him. In fact, that's precisely what she was about to do right before Josy showed up. After they almost had sex, it appeared that she was ready to go all in with him and was most likely going to tell him she had a girlfriend but she was now officially ready to call it quits and be with him. But Josy's mere appearance was enough for all her feelings for her to surge back up to the surface because not enough time had passed for her to get over them.

As for the cum-petition, I look at that as just being nothing more than an annoying prank that was played on the MC. I'm also sure we've known friends who have done annoying things to us on a dare or because they thought it was funny but we didn't appreciate it, and have maybe even done it to others ourselves. In Maya's case, she is, after all, desperate for that tuition and people do crazy things when they're desperate and feel they have no other choice. That scene in their dorm room afterwards where she is clearly regretful and remorseful was more than enough for me to forgive her and want to help her because she had no malicious intent in doing it and was just stuck between a rock and a hard place. It would be pretty shitty of me to be angry at someone when they're feeling that low and seemingly in such dire need.

For me, Maya's actions are completely understandable and forgivable, and just because she has made a few questionable choices based on desperation, trust issues, and not wanting to be hurt, the core of her character is still that of a good person. I think that people should be judged by who they are, and not their actions, because everybody makes mistakes from time to time.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
hm i kinda forget why didn't Maya just stick with the "i have a boyfriend thing" would of been a lot easier to do, also i like Jose alot more then Maya for some reason
Would it have though? I'd have actually preferred it if Josy had a boyfriend and wasn't dating Maya it would have been better to have taken Josy away from a guy rather than Maya.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Would it have though? I'd have actually preferred it if Josy had a boyfriend and wasn't dating Maya it would have been better to have taken Josy away from a guy rather than Maya.
Yeah, Maya's the one that you really have to feel bad for in this situation because she's dealing with a Dad who can't accept her, her first meaningful relationship on the verge of collapse, and developing conflicting and confusing feelings for a guy for the first time in her life. Her emotions are all the over place and knowing that you were dating her girlfriend makes you feel like you unknowingly caused some of that hurt.

Perhaps it might have gone down better if she had kept up the facade of having a boyfriend as it would've perhaps prevented her and the MC from getting romantically involved, but then Josy was practically throwing herself at the MC and her being Maya's girlfriend would have still stung because there would still be feelings for the Josy and you would still have hurt Maya's relationship by getting involved with Josy.

Reactions: c_oriole

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018
If there is ever a question about girls she needs to be one of the answers. I would pick Riona on her own over every other girl together.
Riona seems to want to get out of whatever business Quinn (and Sage?) are running. I can see why people like her: less drama :).

Oh, and talking about sharing desktops:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And screensavers :sneaky: (warning: 2MB gif):

wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
It's amazing how much we talk about this game and its implications, its theories, how the various characters made us feel. It means that the author has hit the mark, made us feel real feelings with the unfolding of the plot. And we are all here, after 2848 pages of comments, with many different opinions (and some really very different from each other), to confront, talk, defend "our" girls.

Kudos DrPinkCake.
What a great game!

wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
Riona seems to want to get out of whatever business Quinn (and Sage?) are running. I can see why people like her: less drama :).

Oh, and talking about sharing desktops:

And screensavers :sneaky: (warning: 2MB gif):
I said it earlier, I repeat it: Riona is "one of a kind" in this game.
Plus, the way she looks unconfortable day after day with Quinn's way of doing things... I mean, she looks really pissed off! And this make me think that she can have a role in the future.
So, she is different from the other girls, by look and attitude, she is cute and hot at the same time, offbeat. And we've start to see a little bit of strenght and resistance from her for all the HOT's situation.
I just can't wait to see what the dev has in mind for her.
Just Love Her! <3

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I said it earlier, I repeat it: Riona is "one of a kind" in this game.
Plus, the way she looks unconfortable day after day with Quinn's way of doing things... I mean, she looks really pissed off! And this make me think that she can have a role in the future.
So, she is different from the other girls, by look and attitude, she is cute and hot at the same time, offbeat. And we've start to see a little bit of strenght and resistance from her for all the HOT's situation.
I just can't wait to see what the dev has in mind for her.
Just Love Her! <3
I think she is more concerned about Quinn than anything else as any friend would be I'd like to get a bit more on those two and their history but I do believe Riona is very loyal to Quinn but you can tell there is a lot weighing on her mind.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I would prefer things as normal but certainly a better clearing up of things and a not so over dramatic reaction from us honestly. Like we should have gotten the choice to handle things better in a more diplomatic manner.

Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
For me, there are different types of lies; there are deliberate lies done for malicious and/or selfish reasons, and the ones that are done to spare someone from any pain. The first type of lie is unforgivable but the other one is forgivable, even if the feelings you're trying to prevent from being hurt are your own.
I do agree that lying to spare someone's feelings is forgivable but it is still a lie and that person still needs to make up for it and earn back the trust.

Maya's omission of her relationship status was, in my view, because she was worried the MC would reject her if he knew about it and I think she just wanted more time to really know if she wanted to give their relationship her all and at that point she was going to tell him
That makes it worse for me. Some people would very much hate to start a relationship with someone that was already in a relationship and that person deserves to know. What if the MC thought Maya was single and really wanted to be with her but Josy turned back up and they repaired their relationship? If the MC knew she was with someone from the beginning he might have wanted to give it a go while knowing it may not work out if the other person came back or maybe he would want to wait until she was single so there was no chance that she would just end things to go back to Josy. I think the MC deserved to have that choice.

But Josy's mere appearance was enough for all her feelings for her to surge back up to the surface because not enough time had passed for her to get over them.
That is why he deserved to know. If he knew at least he could have been prepared for her to possibly go back to Josy. This is also why some people don't want to start a relationship with someone that is already seeing someone. It was unfair and selfish for Maya to pretend to be single knowing the MC could fall in love with her just for her to go back to Josy and break his heart.

As for the cum-petition, I look at that as just being nothing more than an annoying prank that was played on the MC. I'm also sure we've known friends who have done annoying things to us on a dare or because they thought it was funny but we didn't appreciate it, and have maybe even done it to others ourselves.
But if he did that to Maya she wouldn't have forgiven him that easy if at all.

In Maya's case, she is, after all, desperate for that tuition and people do crazy things when they're desperate and feel they have no other choice.
Being desperate doesn't excuse anything especially when done to a friend.

That scene in their dorm room afterwards where she is clearly regretful and remorseful was more than enough for me to forgive her and want to help her because she had no malicious intent in doing it and was just stuck between a rock and a hard place.
That is why I did basically forgive her and very rarely bring it up. I don't really hold that against her much. If she didn't lie about her relationship then I would have 100% forgiven her now.

I think that people should be judged by who they are, and not their actions, because everybody makes mistakes from time to time.
I think people should be judged on both. I don't think people should get away with doing shitty things just because they are a good person even if they are mistakes. No matter what type of person you are if you do something bad to someone like lying about being in a relationship you still need to earn forgiveness.

Reactions: Jimmy90

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I think she is more concerned about Quinn than anything else as any friend would be I'd like to get a bit more on those two and their history but I do believe Riona is very loyal to Quinn but you can tell there is a lot weighing on her mind.
I feel like, not sorry for saying this Name, that Kitten may have a bit of a thing for Sugar Tits, which is part of both her loyalty and maybe alot that is on her mind, among other things.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes