Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Agree. The overreaction felt really bizarre. Specially because it happens no matter what is the protagonist's alignment.

To me it was the moment when the author took the story out of my hands to force one specific plot progression.
Things got better by the end of the episode, when you get the choices back to your hands, but i do hope nothing like that happens again.
The MC was falling for both Maya and Josy, catching more feelings for them than any other LI at this point. He didn't want to lose Josy but also wanted to pursue Maya, yet he knew he'd have to choose one or the other eventually. However, when he finds out that the two girls he has the strongest feelings for are in a relationship, it's a painful revelation because having been pursuing both of them and hoping he can at least keep one of them, he feels like he's now lost both of them. It's two crushing heartbreaks at once on top of not having known about Maya being in a relationship.

For me, his reaction is totally understandable because if I felt like I just lost 2 girls I liked at the same time, I'd want to get the hell out of there as well. Being on the DIK path doesn't make him a callous person without any feelings, it just makes him more of a fun-loving, partying, frat boy type of person.

Like, okay...maya lied. but the point isn't that she lied, its WHY she did. and looking at things and how they shaped up, all three like each other so...I don't really see the problem.
She lied to spare her own feelings because she's been hurt before when people found out about her and she has trouble trusting people because of it. That and growing up in a strict religious household where she was likely indoctrinated for many years into believing that what she felt was wrong. She keeps a strong guard up and it takes a lot to break it down, but in the meantime she's doing things that are unintentionally damaging her relationship with the MC.

It's a fact of life that those who keep things from others to spare their own feelings often end up hurting the ones they're keeping things from. That very human trait is fully on display in Maya and I feel that it shows that DPC has a really good understanding of human behaviour and pyschology which is what makes his games feel so real and raw.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
it's simple... at first she was simply "I;ll tell him that I have a boyfriend so he won't be hitting on me" but then feelings came and she never had the chance to explain what was going on.
This is one thing I will disagree with on some level when it comes to Maya because she certainly had ample opportunity to tell him. What most often tends to be the case is that a person in her situation would probably feel like there wasn't a "right" time to tell them, and if you're constantly waiting for what you to deem to be the "right" time, that is what can make you feel like you never had a chance because no time ever felt "right".

It still doesn't make it any better, but it's another typically human trait where we put off doing something important for so long that we miss out on the opportunity to do it.

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think people are looking into this game too seriously lmao. What is this thread lol?
Probably best to ignore it a lot of what is being said is wrong and purely fan fiction

All those pathetic excuses you listed STILL doesn't justify how badly Maya wrong'd MC especially with how honest, kind and supportive he's been of her. I couldn't possibly be in a relationship with someone so hypocritically dishonest and manipulative.
I'm surprised at the reaction of this Maya has only just started to tell us everything now after dropping the Josy bomb on us.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Hey guys, i have a question. I'm playing with cheats, and i was wondering if i could see all the scenes by changing my dik and chick scores without it causing potential bugs.

Thanks all :)

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
And that's when undoing the lie made it worse than not saying anything.
EDIT: And don't forget they lived together. They lived together and she didn't find a moment to explain!
I tried to explain it below, Raptus had the wrong angle I think. Its not that there wasn't time to explain, its just that the fear of the reaction was overwhelming.

I'm not telling you how to live your life, but the ending in AL makes it worth pushing through the revealation
I didn't quote your first post, but you are off. Its not that she didn't have a chance, but rather she was legit terrified. I didn't wanna get into this debate, but I will say this. Its not that she lied, its WHY <--- important. Literally her real family turned their back on her (minus Derek), and given how both girls act, their friends did too. They got absolutely shunned and their whole world got turned upside down. I'm just saying, she had plenty of motivation to keep quiet, especially with the line to her brother "This is just easier", she was accepting that maybe being with a guy really is easier, shes THAT scarred from her experience.

She lied to spare her own feelings because she's been hurt before when people found out about her and she has trouble trusting people because of it. That and growing up in a strict religious household where she was likely indoctrinated for many years into believing that what she felt was wrong. She keeps a strong guard up and it takes a lot to break it down, but in the meantime she's doing things that are unintentionally damaging her relationship with the MC.

It's a fact of life that those who keep things from others to spare their own feelings often end up hurting the ones they're keeping things from. That very human trait is fully on display in Maya and I feel that it shows that DPC has a really good understanding of human behaviour and pyschology which is what makes his games feel so real and raw.
No I'm really aware of that. I didn't say "Why" cus I didn't know, I said why because I *DO* know. I just didn't wanna write it out so I wound up writing it out for someone else. I feel shes fully justified, you don't have to explain it to me XD I get it really, I think you're too used to defending things, which I get. I kinda wanted to side step it myself, but I decided to because like I said, I really get where shes coming from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I tried to explain it below, Raptus had the wrong angle I think. Its not that there wasn't time to explain, its just that the fear of the reaction was overwhelming.

I didn't quote your first post, but you are off. Its not that she didn't have a chance, but rather she was legit terrified. I didn't wanna get into this debate, but I will say this. Its not that she lied, its WHY <--- important. Literally her real family turned their back on her (minus Derek), and given how both girls act, their friends did too. They got absolutely shunned and their whole world got turned upside down. I'm just saying, she had plenty of motivation to keep quiet, especially with the line to her brother "This is just easier", she was accepting that maybe being with a guy really is easier, shes THAT scarred from her experience.
all valid arguments if it wasn't for the fact that she was going to tell the truth before Josy interrupted them with her surprise arrival..... I never excluded Maya being terrified

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
all valid arguments if it wasn't for the fact that she was going to tell the truth before Josy interrupted them with her surprise arrival..... I never excluded Maya being terrified
They aren't invalidated because of that XD if anything that just adds to it, so..yeah. I didn't realize your "didn't have a chance" was cus josy literally showed up at that moment, but I mean before that, all the other stuff is there too. I think we are in agreement, you just added something I didn't, but now that you explained it, I think they both go together.

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018
Okay, I'll write this for 1 millionth time here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What are your other options while all of this bullshit happening with those 2? Jill, Bella, Sage as LIs, Quinn, Camila, Riona, Sarah, Melanie, Mona, Jade. Yeah no thanks, absolute no need for this drama in MC's life.
For me it's the difference between purposely trying to fuck someone when you're already in a relationship vs. circumstances lead you to it. I agree Maya isn't that great because she falls for peer pressure, but at the same time I got the impression Maya was doing that because she wants to get away from her dad. I don't actually hate Josy (because she was honest from the start about the boyfriend), but I also don't hate Maya. If you want to blame either one of them you also have to blame the MC himself.

I heard the argument "they didn't get what they wanted" when Game of Thrones ended. It wasn't true then and it isn't true now. People would be ok with things they don't like as long as it is justified. You may not like the Red Wedding or AL's fire at first but then you realize that both stories were built around those moments from the very beginning. That's different from a Deus Ex Machina to resolve a complicated situation in an unsatisfactory way.
I haven't watched Games of Thrones so I wouldn't know about that. I agree that the story of BaD is indeed foreshadowed and definitely not a Deus Ex Machine. The problem I have with the whole Josy/Maya thing is for the most part my MC's reaction to it. He's been fucking tons of other girls and now he's pissed he doesn't get his way? I think the story would've worked better if it was only about Maya/Josy. Then the MC's reaction would've made much more sense to me. Ultimately it's just a problem of player agency; we have a lot less control of "our MC" then we believe we have and are basically following a predetermined character without having a say in how certain events would influence him.

TL;DR: We need less lesbian drama and more Sage and Bella.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That was just a convenient plot device to add drama to the situation. It was pure coincidence that Josy up showed right after Maya and the MC had "almost-sex" and Maya was now ready to tell him the truth and about her feelings for him.

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
TL;DR: We need less lesbian drama and more Sage and Bella.
Just gonna throw this out there, but the teachers (along with Bella) are pretty hot, and Jill is straight up adorable on your date even if tennis mini game is so-so. I am starting to really like Jill a lot actually. (I'm probably gonna feel the same about sage when I play more of her route...I put being a DIK off to be a massive chick first :p)

Reactions: aarbei23

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018
So does anyone have any eta on when the next update is likely to hit?
The world of BaD is currently in lockdown mode because of the coronavirus and we don't know for how long (although there's a rumor it will be over in May). So you're stuck with the person you choose at the end of Episode 3. Which means you're either the only guy with a bunch of HOTs (say goodbye to your DIK), stuck with Bella and her sauna (say goodbye to ever having to use your brain again after that scene), or you're stuck with Derek... Fuck my life.

Reactions: Zwafou
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes