ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
I've said this before, but I felt like those early DIK choices that give +RP for Josy were on the lower end of that spectrum. They were harmless jokes at Steve's expense, the kind that any person with a sense of humour and who dislikes the person being made fun of would find funny. Also note that, in order to get +RP during the date, you have to have Neutral or CHICK status, same thing on the 2nd date where in order to get one of her points at the end you have to be Neutral or CHICK status.

In my view this isn't an inconsistency because it seems that Josy's OK with minor things on the DIK side, like making fun of someone who deserves it, but if the MC is more of a roguish, horndog, frat boy type, then she's not interested. She likes nice guys who can have a bit of fun now and then, but not guys who are assholes, which is why she doesn't like guys like Steve and Tommy.
That's the thing, for me at least, being just a DIK isn't on the level of Tommy or Steve, probably thats a Massive DIK at least, for me the first level just shows the character has some backbone. But aside from that, that's why i don't think the CHICK path works with Josy, the choices makes you too much of a nice guy, and i think she needs a bit more spice. I can concede that she isn't the type to date assholes, but in game you can be on the DIK path and not be one.

Josy's spirited, yes, and she definitely has more of a backbone than Maya. I guess we'll see the full extent of how "wild" she can be, but I don't see her being quite on the same scale as other HOT girls like Sarah, Melanie, or even Mona. Josy seems like the kind of girl who knows how to have fun but doesn't let it go too far, and I don't think that has anything to do with being influenced by Maya, it just seems like that's who she is.
Ok, you compared her to really different characters there. Sarah and Melanie are bitches, while Mona is just a slut, but she is a nice girl as well. If you want something similar why not go with the DIK path redhead queen herself? The closest thing Sage did to being considered assholish was the ass competition, and she did it to try to cheer up the MC. Aside from that, both of them did try to bang the MC while in a relationship, the difference is that Sage at least was hammered when she tried. Josy for me is actually HOT material, in the same vein as Sage is, while Maya is not. What i said about being influenced by Maya is that notice how every decision in episode 4 was made with Maya's point of view and not hers in mind? And even in front of her in the Lily scene you could see how Josy was having fun in the situation while Maya was uncomfortable.

So yeah, in the hypothetical sense that we have another DIK path LI or even a switch of alignment, i think Josy is the most likely candidate, i'm actually curious to how the HOT life will impact her in the next episodes.

PS: While Josy is the most likely candidate for alignment switch, i would not rule Bella out. I think the only LI that can't be touched at this point is Jill.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
I'm not so sure about that with Bella I think the deeper we go into her story Dik choices might not be the way to go with her so far she's been okay but I feel as though something will backfire there if we keep picking Dik choices.
I can see that happening as well, but the entire Bella path is so mysterious right now that we can have fun with some wild speculations.:ROFLMAO:
It will probably go like you're saying, but with DPC's track record and the entire air he created around this path, it can go some really unexpected ways as well. That's what is fun in her for me, and the curves, obviously.

Reactions: Iruna. and Mormont

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
I'm not so sure about that with Bella I think the deeper we go into her story Dik choices might not be the way to go with her so far she's been okay but I feel as though something will backfire there if we keep picking Dik choices.
If we look at the DIK choices that we made in ep 1 and 2 they come to bite us back in the ass with regards to bella

so i think she is tailored more towards the neutral or chick affinity.
Ok, you compared her to really different characters there. Sarah and Melanie are bitches, while Mona is just a slut, but she is a nice girl as well. If you want something similar why not go with the DIK path redhead queen herself? The closest thing Sage did to being considered assholish was the ass competition, and she did it to try to cheer up the MC. Aside from that, both of them did try to bang the MC while in a relationship, the difference is that Sage at least was hammered when she tried. Josy for me is actually HOT material, in the same vein as Sage is, while Maya is not. What i said about being influenced by Maya is that notice how every decision in episode 4 was made with Maya's point of view and not hers in mind? And even in front of her in the Lily scene you could see how Josy was having fun in the situation while Maya was uncomfortable.

So yeah, in the hypothetical sense that we have another DIK path LI or even a switch of alignment, i think Josy is the most likely candidate, i'm actually curious to how the HOT life will impact her in the next episodes.

PS: While Josy is the most likely candidate for alignment switch, i would not rule Bella out. I think the only LI that can't be touched at this point is Jill.
I think Josy will be more of a neutral or chick character affinity cause so far despite her actions whenever you go full on DIK you tend to miss out on relationship points with her. She is definitely more adventurous than Maya that's for sure so that throws players off regarding her affinity unless we look at the guide ofc

The strange part is Sage started as a character that favoured the DIK affinity trait in the beginning but later we get relationship points with her by being nice/sympathetic so i got confused on that but i like it cause it keeps my options more open at least for now

Mar 9, 2019
I'm thinking there is going to be a time skip between each season, especially with the way episode 4 ended. I feel like the next episode is going to start a few months after the 4th ended, cause as far as I'm concerned the MC and Derek are definitely going to be DIK's. All they had left to do for Hell Week, is egg the preps, and I'm almost certain after seeing the MC fuck Jade (or even Derek fuck that old lady :sick:) they'll be like "These guys are practically DIK's already blah blah blah". Frankly, it's always been a given for me but that is beside the point.

I think DPC wants to create a game that spans over a longer time period without becoming a grind, which is why he went with seasons. It actually shows just how deserving DPC is of our support since he clearly knows how to cater to himself as well as all of us. If that is indeed what the plan is, then it would make sense for BaDIK to end with the MC graduating college by the end of the game(depending on how many seasons DPC is invested for).

Regardless of chronological development, however, I feel that we can expect 4 seasons when we think of plot development alone.

In my head, I see season 1 as the exposition or just the introduction to the story. We've only just met the main characters, developed some camaraderie or bad blood with each of them, and though it seems like the romantic paths are set they're still so much to learn from each of the LI's. Even with all that's happened, like the fight with Chad or the love triangle with Jo & Maya, we're still just treading water here. We haven't reached the storm yet.

Season 2 should be where the real conflict takes place and the rising action begins. This is where we learn who the true antagonists are, or at least they are made more clear, and we begin to choose our sides (which I'm almost certain will depend on the LI's we lean towards).

The third season will continue the rising action and quite possibly leave us with a cliffhanger before season 4. Not much to be said about season 3 beyond that I trust that DPC will deliver. It sounds a lot more boring than it probably will be, to be honest.

Then the beginning of season 4 will be all for the climax and the rest of the season dedicated to things settling down and a resolution being reached (whether in the MC's favor or not). The story will end with the MC having quite probably graduated college and finding a possible wife (or two) chosen from one (or two, again ;)) of the LI's (more than one is really wishful thinking to me, but perhaps one stays on as mistress instead of wife?). Or, thanks to your decisions, of course, the MC ends up forever alone, or even better, he ends up dead.:)

All in all, I'm pretty sure this game will likely cover 4 seasons, anywhere from 8-12 more episodes would be my guess. But these are just my opinions, the rest of you may make your own conclusions, and furthermore DPC is free to completely deviate from my thoughts.

Personally I'm invested in Bella and her story so far is really the perspective I'm using to judge how long the rest of the story will be, as well as how it will move forward chronologically.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I'm thinking there is going to be a time skip between each season, especially with the way episode 4 ended.
Remember can't be too much of a skip with regards to Jill and Sage being 3rd year. So maybe a few months at the most unless Jill and Sage were to stick around after they graduate. But a time skip will be difficult I've always thought the only time that will happen is with the endings we get.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm thinking there is going to be a time skip between each season, especially with the way episode 4 ended. I feel like the next episode is going to start a few months after the 4th ended
A few days, maybe, a couple of weeks, tops, but I don't think we're going to see the story advance months at a time between seasons, especially not with this one as Quinn's deal with the Alphas and the plan she's cooking up to get it done is imminent, and I doubt that we'll see the whole thing in in Ep 5. That and Maya and Josy's scavenger hunt challenges have to be completed in the upcoming week so we're not going too far ahead yet.

I think it's more likely that season 2 will be another few weeks in the MC's life; 2 or 3 at most. Then after the dust settles from whatever fallout comes from Quinn's machinations, we might skip ahead a couple of weeks as the MC sets about putting things right, whether by choice or by being made to. But as far as time jumps of month or years goes, I'd say that's highly unlikely.

Or, thanks to your decisions, of course, the MC ends up forever alone, or even better, he ends up dead.:)
Why do you want the MC to die? What makes him so deserving of such a fate?

Mar 9, 2019
Remember can't be too much of a skip with regards to Jill and Sage being 3rd year. So maybe a few months at the most unless Jill and Sage were to stick around after they graduate. But a time skip will be difficult I've always thought the only time that will happen is with the endings we get.
Yeah, I concede your point but I took them into account, too. For Jill, I just concluded she'd stick around for that campaign thing she's planning, and judging by her closeness with Bella plus the apparent relevance of her family, I just figured it's a surefire thing to see her around the school even after she graduates.

Sage, on the other hand, excluding whatever importance her family has, I figured would depend entirely on her relationship with the MC. Frankly, she strikes me as clingy, and I don't know about you but if we build the MC's relationship up enough with her she might replace Chad the cad with the MC, meaning she may just stick around if she likes him enough.

Why do you want the MC to die? What makes him so deserving of such a fate?
He deserves the fiery hellscape monsters are raised from for all the grievous sins he's committed, of course. For no man has perpetrated the level of sin the MC has, no man deserves the eternal torment of the Fields of Punishment such as he. No man should be confronted by the cutting whip of Alecto, the flaming sword of Megaera, or the bludgeoning mace of Tisiphone with as much haste. Not Sisyphus the death cheater, nor Tantalus the filius slayer, nor Ixion, actually Ixion is pretty much our MC, so I renege on the last one.

All my idiocy aside, I don't think he deserves death. The smiley face emoji was completely sarcastic, like "oh yeah we definitely want that don't we?"

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
While i'm all for a timeskip, maybe it will happen in the middle of an episode?

Like you go to sleep after something really important, and BAM! You're now two weeks or a month later, and then DPC can throw some curve balls our way.
Maybe at the end of episode 8 as a cliffhanger and massive tease for season 3.

"It's your kids, Marty! Something's gotta be done about your kids!"

Nexus0075

Apr 15, 2020
would be really great if the update is not long in coming the scene with the two girls at the end was cut off nicely .....

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
While i'm all for a timeskip, maybe it will happen in the middle of an episode?

Like you go to sleep after something really important, and BAM! You're now two weeks or a month later, and then DPC can throw some curve balls our way.
I guess I don't think that's ever been done before I don't recall any game that's done that before. But right now with everything storywise I don't think it will have a time skip anytime soon maybe towards the end of season 2 or beginning of season 3.

Reactions: Iruna.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
would be really great if the update is not long in coming the scene with the two girls at the end was cut off nicely .....
A proper threesome scene with Maya and Josy? Yes, please. (y) Hopefully they'll realise the folly of trying to fake it for the scavenger hunt and that they'll have to do it for for real. :love:

I guess I don't think that's ever been done before I don't recall any game that's done that before. But right now with everything storywise I don't think it will have a time skip anytime soon maybe towards the end of season 2 or beginning of season 3.
Doesn't AL do that in Ep 8? Pretty sure it jumps one year forward after the Leah incident. It's not quite what ExDeath was suggesting, but it's still a time jump in the middle of an episode. So maybe DPC could do something like that again since they've done it before.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I came here to give DPC my hate, today. Where is a day, when I was able enjoy :poop: games? Games where mc is lusting for his landlady and roommates and (according his expressing) suffering congenital iodine deficiency syndrome?

I'll answer you. They're gone because of authors like DPC and the like. Can I still be called Cretin? :cry:

MrFalcon71

Aug 9, 2017
here

Normally, I work 7 days a week, but next week I have to take two days off for a personal matter. Knowing this, I pushed myself extra this week, staying up later than usual to compensate. I'll make sure that my PCs will render when I'm gone.

This week I worked on static renders and free-roam events.

1835 static renders and 134 animations are produced.

I tried to roughly estimate what's left to do in the update, before proofreading and beta testing. Take these numbers with a grain of salt.

• Scenes left to write and produce art for: 7
  • Static renders left to produce: ~400-700
  • Animations left to produce: ~15
  • Some phone features during free-roam
  • Writing and adding bios to the code
  • Writing Episode 5 ending report
  • Implement Replay gallery and rewards (partially done)
  • Some mini-game code
  • Some free-roam code
  • Music and sound effects have been added to ~75% of the episode.
  • Playtest and Quality control
Thanks to all of you I reached 5000 patrons this week and to celebrate the final poll for Episode 5 is open for all patrons. The poll isn't over yet and it's a close fight for the third spot, cast your vote .

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Guys are you sure that remaining progress takes 1 month?Because remaining animation and render count seems not much according to this legendary worked week.Can one of you tell me that how much time remainig works takes except renders and animations.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Guys are you sure that remaining progress takes 1 month?Because remaining animation and render count seems not much according to this legendary worked week.Can one of you tell me that how much time remainig works takes except renders and animations.
Yeah still a month to go at least you have to take into account proofreading and testing will be the last thing he does.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes