Jackie123

May 2, 2018
curiosu, why is that the case? seems to me, nothing really changes. just move saves from old version to the new one, same with ppl do on pc
if its gonna be a steam exclusive at some point you are prob not going to get it if you are on mobile

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Has anyone else ever wondered why there is a wheelchair on the roof of the DIK mansion, how it got there and what is its purpose?
That elderly retired teacher visited the frat house a year ago. When she left she didn't need it any more.

Also has anyone ever wondered why the Alpha's couch is covered in bloodstains?
Deep anal penetration gone wrong. Troy screwed up in a big way :(

Floziarard

May 6, 2020
Hey guys , I can't find some scenes , for instance I have one in ep2 I can't find at all after doing the game two times witch both routes
Have you anything that can help me to unlock the scenes I missed ?

JT13

Sep 29, 2018
Hey guys , I can't find some scenes , for instance I have one in ep2 I can't find at all after doing the game two times witch both routes
Have you anything that can help me to unlock the scenes I missed ?
Post a screen cap of which ones.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017

MRG101

Aug 2, 2019
Well, according to DPC, the next Steam release would be the complete Season 2. For now, the Ren'py Patreon version will be receiving the individual episode updates every few months.
It´s entirely and also extremely possible that I´m dumb but... Does Steam has any advantages over the Patreon, besides saved money? It´s a big decider I know but does it make a difference content vise?

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
That elderly retired teacher visited the frat house a year ago. When she left she didn't need it any more.

Deep anal penetration gone wrong. Troy screwed up in a big way :(
Oh yeah and the elderly retired teacher come back for seconds at this years car wash event ... and Derek got it handled! :LOL::ROFLMAO::p

Reactions: Aristos

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
It´s entirely and also extremely possible that I´m dumb but... Does Steam has any advantages over the Patreon, besides saved money? It´s a big decider I know but does it make a difference content vise?
The Steam version has the same content. What you get extra is the opportunity to get 44 achievements.

Reactions: Mormont

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I mean, in terms of money, yeah, since the Steam version of BaDIK costs around $10 and it's a one-time payment whereas some patrons will be paying $10 monthly and will have been doing so for some time now, so Steam players who aren't patrons spent a lot less money on it.

The drawback for Steam players is having to wait until the entire season is done, and that depends on how many episodes DPC packs into season 2, so it could be a year or longer before they get to play it. Patrons, on the other hand, get to play each new episode as they come every few months, and people can also pledge when the update is released so they only have to pay once every few months.

The issue I see for a potential linking of Patreon with Steam is that patrons pay Patreon, not Steam, so Steam surely wouldn't be making money from patrons who can get the game on Steam by linking their profiles, if that's possible, because they're already paying Patreon. There's also the fact that, as DPC has said, the game isn't available on Steam in certain countries, like Germany, so making the game Steam exclusive would cut off patrons in countries where it's not able to be played.

Other big devs have tried to do this whole encryption, DRM stuff before and I'm not aware of anyone who's been able to make it work because it can be costly and hard to implement. Even if devs don't like their games being shared for free, most are doing OK income-wise and even the ones that aren't are generally happy to have lots of people play as it helps boost their profile.

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The Steam version has the same content. What you get extra is the opportunity to get 44 achievements.
and cloud storage but that's a relative advantage
That's all you really need to know for now. And of course it's better for people who can't support DPC over patreon backing him on steam is the next best thing.

MRG101

Aug 2, 2019
I mean, in terms of money, yeah, since the Steam version of BaDIK costs around $10 and it's a one-time payment whereas some patrons will be paying $10 monthly and will have been doing so for some time now, so Steam players who aren't patrons spent a lot less money on it.

The drawback for Steam players is having to wait until the entire season is done, and that depends on how many episodes DPC packs into season 2, so it could be a year or longer before they get to play it. Patrons, on the other hand, get to play each new episode as they come every few months, and people can also pledge when the update is released so they only have to pay once every few months.

The issue I see for a potential linking of Patreon with Steam is that patrons pay Patreon, not Steam, so Steam surely wouldn't be making money from patrons who can get the game on Steam by linking their profiles, if that's possible, because they're already paying Patreon. There's also the fact that, as DPC has said, the game isn't available on Steam in certain countries, like Germany, so making the game Steam exclusive would cut off patrons in countries where it's not able to be played.

Other big devs have tried to do this whole encryption, DRM stuff before and I'm not aware of anyone who's been able to make it work because it can be costly and hard to implement. Even if devs don't like their games being shared for free, most are doing OK income-wise and even the ones that aren't are generally happy to have lots of people play as it helps boost their profile.
I agree with you 100%. I´m already a Patreon, just wanted to know the opinion. I can´t imagine, how would you combine Steam + Patreon. Steam is almost as restrictive as Patreon. Basically, it´s a roulette

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree with you 100%. I´m already a Patreon, just wanted to know the opinion. I can´t imagine, how would you combine Steam + Patreon. Steam is almost as restrictive as Patreon. Basically, it´s a roulette
Not to mention all the bureaucratic red tape and fees that comes with getting a DRM, which is probably why devs who have considered it before haven't done it.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes