Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
I liked how he did the endings the only thing I didn't like was losing a Li.
Yep, losing the LI was not the ending, it was part of the story that occurred in c.6 in an 8 chapter series. Not having an ending would just mean getting a c9, 10, 11 etc, it doesn't eliminate c.6. Who knows, by c12 or some such we could have lost another LI :censored:

Don't know about you guys, but I liked my canon ending for AL just fine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Yep, losing the LI was not the ending, it was part of the story that occurred in c.6 in an 8 chapter series. Not having an ending would just mean getting a c9, 10, 11 etc, it doesn't eliminate c.6. Who knows, by c12 or some such we could have lost another LI :censored:

That was my #1 choice too. I hope we can get similar, but not as tragic, endings for BaDIK.

I wish that there will also be some "fallback" endings too with one or more side girls (Mona plz).

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
That's more a matter of opinion now as you brought up AL I liked how he did the endings the only thing I didn't like was losing a Li. Got to remember also sometimes and it's not just DPC but other devs have a good start but end up falling a little flat near the end I think sometimes it's difficult for devs to keep consistent throughout.
You nailed it on the head for me as well. I actually liked the endings for Acting Lessons. It was the tragedy in the 6th chapter that annoyed me, especially since I always picked Athletic. All that said, I expect that there will be bad endings in BaDIK and some sorrow. Not to the level of AL, but I expect for the MC's father to die or get sick for instance. Also, this idea that our choice shouldn't close off certain love interests is antithetical to the game we're playing. Our choices are supposed to matter, and I for one am perfectly fine with my choice to walk away from Josy/Maya being the end of all "romantic" interactions between them and my MC. In fact, I want it that way. They'll still be there and we'll interact in class and through HOTS events, but I want the flirting and pining to be done.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I just hope for an ending where she is happy again and laughs.
That and I believe having the MC in her life has started to melt that Ice Queen persona of hers.
but I expect for the MC's father to die or get sick for instance
Yeah, I feel that could be a real possibility he works construction which is dangerous no matter how long he has been working there and when he told the younger worker off for not wearing a hard hat I just wonder if it's an accident caused by him and Neil tries to help with some dire consequences it's just an idea but would certainly be tough to see especially for the MC.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Assuming you are talking about the branch where MC slept with both of them, why would you not forgive the other when you have cheated yourself? They do know their relationship has been poor for reasons that also led to them cheating (not able to see each other for so long).
You don't get it, do you? MC is not-was not in a relationship with anyone. He can fool around with anyone he wants (tho he shouldn't bitch about it too, that was really bad lol) without consequences (unless he fools around with Arieth, which leads to CrabVille). Unlike MC, they were in a committed relationship which makes it a lot fucked up. They fixed their drifting away problems with a single talk, they forgave each other cheating under a minute. If MC walks away, they don't wait a single second to make out. Guess how long will it take for them to break up? :KEK:

StarWulf

Apr 30, 2020
MC: "I have your ass vibration on lock."
Sage: "What does that even mean?"
-MC pulls out phone and presses a button. Sage, along with the Harem have their asses vibrate for 30 seconds.-
Sage, surprised: "The hell was that?!"
-MC checks his phone and gets a text-
Harem: 'You rang sir?'

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in <module>
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpyc", line 156, in script
�y��,���G��uP���)qs�C�ao����V�q�93�7��:yu�FW�g��4xS�ĕ@�
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in <module>
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 763, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Windows-7-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.4.2
Sun May 17 20:07:26 2020
Are you playing 0.42 (the latest version) or 0.4?
If the v.0.42 is that you are playing, Im not sure if provided fix works (as those are different compressed versions)
p.s.
please, could you put that traceback into spoiler?

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017

Missy :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You nailed it on the head for me as well. I actually liked the endings for Acting Lessons. It was the tragedy in the 6th chapter that annoyed me, especially since I always picked Athletic. All that said, I expect that there will be bad endings in BaDIK and some sorrow. Not to the level of AL, but I expect for the MC's father to die or get sick for instance. Also, this idea that our choice shouldn't close off certain love interests is antithetical to the game we're playing. Our choices are supposed to matter, and I for one am perfectly fine with my choice to walk away from Josy/Maya being the end of all "romantic" interactions between them and my MC. In fact, I want it that way. They'll still be there and we'll interact in class and through HOTS events, but I want the flirting and pining to be done.
After much consideration, I don't think the death was my big problem with AL. I don't like the fire or the choice it forces on us, but I can at least respect it from an artistic perspective.

No, my problem was the way the narrative completely reversed its focus in Acts 7 and 8. We spend the first 3/4 of the game seeing how our decisions affect the different character, earning RP points and unlocking scenes. Then, suddenly, we spend the last quarter watching the effects Leah's decisions had on the different characters. Gone is the unfolding narrative, now we're watching a broken MC flash back to events, all while foreshadowing worse traumas still to come.

It's a jarring change that turns what would otherwise have been a manageable dark turn into a sprawling miasma of misery. Worse, it guts any fun I might get out of replaying the game because none of the decisions I make change that denouement; I can only rearrange the deck chairs.

In a sense, it's the Maya and Josy problem writ large. For three episodes we learn their stories by seeing how they respond to our decisions. Then, suddenly, we're not only swamped by the consequences of their actions, we're devastated to the very core, forced to put nearly everything on hold as someone else's drama plays out in our sandbox. M&J is an improvement since the twist is better foreshadowed and the consequences are far more in line with the story thus far. But the roots of the problem are the same.

That's why I'm a lot less optimistic about this game now. I don't think we're going to see another serial killer hijack the narrative, and I suspect that when the dark events finally arrive they won't be quite that dark. But I do think DPC is still inclined to up the dramatic tension by taking the focus off us and onto external events. And the more that happens, the greater the risk it will undercut one of the main strengths of this game: the way our choices alter the story.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Are you playing 0.42 (the latest version) or 0.4?
If the v.0.42 is that you are playing, Im not sure if provided fix works (as those are different compressed versions)
p.s.
please, could you put that traceback into spoiler?
He's playing the compressed version, which is known to crash in the math exam. It's not a problem of the main versions of the game.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Compared to what I'm prepared to do for Bella, Sisyphus was a fucking pussy. He only had to defy the Greek Gods. That boulder ain't nuthin' compared to one of my nuts for Bella!

But as far as Pantheons go, Bella is >Freya/Venus/Aphrodite or any other Love Goddesses. She's >Odin/Jupiter/Zeus.

Bella is Life. Bella is Love. Bella is Bae.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Do we have a solid estimate for Bella's age? She seems younger than Cathy or Jade while still older than the MC, but that covers a lot of ground.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Sometimes I have a feeling that a script like Kate Marsh from Life is Strange could happen, and that's why I'm very careful in making decisions about her.
I'd hate to see something like that happen but we know Bella has a lot weighing on her mind I just hope the MC is the answer to some of her issues.

Do we have a solid estimate for Bella's age? She seems younger than Cathy or Jade while still older than the MC, but that covers a lot of ground.
She's 35

faded.blue

Dec 18, 2018
You don't get it, do you? MC is not-was not in a relationship with anyone. He can fool around with anyone he wants (tho he shouldn't bitch about it too, that was really bad lol) without consequences (unless he fools around with Arieth, which leads to CrabVille). Unlike MC, they were in a committed relationship which makes it a lot fucked up. They fixed their drifting away problems with a single talk, they forgave each other cheating under a minute. If MC walks away, they don't wait a single second to make out. Guess how long will it take for them to break up? :KEK:
I do agree that currently their relationship is broken and without additional opportunities for them to mend the relationship, they will break up. That was not what I'm talking about? I'm talking about I don't know how much time you need to forgive people guilty of the same crime you've committed for the exact same reason. I won't even be mad at the first place.

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
Honestly at a loss to understand how you could get that sense of Jill. Is she a bit spoiled? Yes, but she doesn't seem to be comfortable with it as we see in that scene when the MC's in bed with her where she says that her lifestyle "isn't happiness" and that she'd be "perfectly fine" without all her expensive possessions.

She seems like she's lived a sheltered, protected life and hasn't had much chance to get out and do things just for her, like her life has been planned out which is a common theme for people who come from rich, millionaire families. So if she is "blue balling", it's not in some deliberately manipulative way where she's "playing" with him, it's likely because she's uncertain, nervous, and most probably still a virgin.
How could you think that way? I mean, we all know what she thought about everything she was experiencing with MC, and my concluission is that she's a bit spoiled but don't what to be a freeloader with her family's money, she's also naive and always have a lack of trust on all man because a lot of them approched her due to her family's possition and wealth.
So Jill, how old is she? 20? Did she live in a bubble all her life? She lives in a house surrounded by boys who court her and she doesn't notice anything? She's so naive that she doesn't realize anything?
I don't believe.

BTW, Bella is hot, intelligent and intriguing, totally out of the league of the MC.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes