Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah I know I been around long enough …. Like I said the wait became longer with the introduction of that 3 paths

He had to make a lot of stuff into those pathways to make it seem playable

so that bumped it up quite a bit to 4 months … this time 5 months was mostly also those 3 pathways but he also had a late start of it becaus he was busy with that whole steam operation that took away some develop time as well … plus that patch stuff
Even so, with the sheer size and scope this game's story now is, along with the fact that DPC is constantly outdoing themselves with the renders and animations, we're likely to see a 4-5 month cycle become the norm, regardless of branching paths and Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nercoz

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Even so, with the sheer size and scope this game's story now is, along with the fact that DPC is constantly outdoing themselves with the renders and animations, we're likely to see a 4-5 month cycle become the norm, regardless of branching paths and Steam.

We no know wen da update be, but we know it be soon soon. :p
Again if he didn't do the 3 pathways it would have been a lot shorter time of waiting

3 paths equals needing to make more content for those paths caus he cant drop just 2 scenes for each path and think people be happy with it....

if he didn't do 3 paths and just one path he would have a lot less to do and that's just facts

But since he added all this its normal that the wait is 4 or 5 months

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Sorry, it was a mistake but why are you making fun of ma english?
It is a sad fact that most posts featuring poor English are not the result of ESL but rather the poster being a fucking moron. Good posters sometimes get caught in the crossfire which is to be regretted.

Reactions: Nercoz

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Not enough data points for that conclusion, a lot depends on the number of planned paths. If, as I said earlier today, DPC were to impliment use the same renders for multiple paths and distinguish via dialgue than he(?) could significently reduce the gaps between updates.

The point being, you have made an assertion without the supporting evidence. You don't do that.
The last update was significantly longer due to all the branching paths I think episode 4 featured the most so far which has given more to his workload but he was also leaving his fulltime job at the time which also held up the development a little he was working extra shifts for about a month. Even with all the equipment, he has brought in recently development times will most likely stay this length of time.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
If you mean completely branching narratives then I agree but it's totally possible you use alternate dialogues to create the impression of branches where none exist. Take, for example Holy Bacchus's idea that MC and Derek will be foreced to play-off against each other. If MC stayed with Sage or Bella (both temporary solutions to his homelessness) then he'd compete hard to win the challenge whereas, if he stayed with Derek, he'd figure he could take over Derek's bed and throw the competion. In both cases, Derek would win. MC would continue staying with one of the girls for a while of move into Derek's room.

Most of that wouldn't need much work, the locations are already rendered, as long as the majority of events in those locations are limited to the free-roam sections it doesn't matter where they take place.
they are not gonna take one maggot and reject the other, it's against everything DIKs stand for. Either they both are in, or neither. There is no other way

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
The last update was significantly longer due to all the branching paths I think episode 4 featured the most so far which has given more to his workload but he was also leaving his fulltime job at the time which also held up the development a little he was working extra shifts for about a month. Even with all the equipment, he has brought in recently development times will most likely stay this length of time.
What I don't get if he is adding extra branches, more renders and animation now; why is he talking much longer now he's full-time? Since he quit his job he should be able to handle the workload better. With the current pandemic he can't afford to sit on his hands too much, a lot of Devs can steal his thunder and get more interest and patreons if he delays too long imo.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I have to disagree MC being bad guy in that context.
1. It's college life
2. Hormones are buzzing
3. MC is single and so far except of the conversation with M&J no commitments were made
4. MC is still in search of the only one/ones;)
My point was 4 of the 5 LIs are in commited relationships with people who are not the MC so him choosing to to pursue them is is a bit shitty and makes him, from a certain point of view, the bad guy. Yes, Sage's boyfriend is a piece of shit that she should've binned off a long time ago, yes Bella's husband has been absent for long enough that Bella has clearly sunk into depression due to his absence and Maya and Josy are falling apart due to their separation but in all cases, MC should want them to end their relationships before staring a new one with him.

He's not BAD bad but he is in the wrong.

Last edited:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
What I don't get if he is adding extra branches, more renders and animation now; why is he talking much longer now he's full-time? Since he quit his job he should be able to handle the workload better. With the current pandemic he can't afford to sit on his hands too much, a lot of Devs can steal his thunder and get more interest and patreons if he delays too long imo.
Rendering takes as long as it takes, the only way to increase the speed is to improve the PC doing the work or add a second device. Even then, post takes as long as it takes and cannot be automated, only adding a second person can increase that and it still requires the dev to double check the work. It's a bottleneck.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Most likely the animation takes up a lot of the time although he must be a pro at it by now and is pretty quick with his animations you've got to take in all the extra stuff he has added such as the phone I feel as though the phone is the best feature in the game with how interactive it is. And then you have all the mini-games the brawler I wonder how much time it would take if you were to take all that out?

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
It is a sad fact that most posts featuring poor English are not the result of ESL but rather the poster being a fucking moron. Good posters sometimes get caught in the crossfire which is to be regretted.
I think it would be profitable that you check a user's profile and previous posts to detect the possibility of a humorous post rather than disguising an insult which I'm not going to report as I'm not a snitch.

My point was 4 of the 5 LIs are in commited relationships with people who are not the MC
Considering that M&J were, from their own dialogues, not really in a relationship at the time, I would find more accurate to say that it was 2 out of 5. Besides one of these two has been separated from her companion for three years and the other one is being cheated on which drastically reduces the commitment. This leaves roughly 0 out of five.

Besides MC doesn't force anyone and each time, their first close encounter is either the other's choice or under the influence of alcohol, which while not being excusable, explains an action that MC wouldn't have done normally.

He may not be a "good" guy, but in that respect he is not bad either.

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
My point was 4 of the 5 LIs are in commited relationships with people who are not the MC so him choosing to to pursue them is is a bit shitty and makes him, from a certain point of view, the bad guy. Yes, Sage's boyfriend is a piece of shit that she should've binned off a long time ago, yes Bella's husband has been absent for long enough that Bella has clearly sunk into depression due to his absence and Maya and Josy are falling apart due their separation but in all cases, MC should want them to end their relationships before staring a new one with him.

He's not BAD bad but he is in the wrong.
I see your point but like in real life, usually all cool and interesting girls are taken so one has only two choices, stay single or be an a...hole.
On the other hand each and every girl he is hitting on can say simple "no". It looks they are not too happy in their relationships if they give in.:sneaky:

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
Most likely the animation takes up a lot of the time although he must be a pro at it by now and is pretty quick with his animations you've got to take in all the extra stuff he has added such as the phone I feel as though the phone is the best feature in the game with how interactive it is. And then you have all the mini-games the brawler I wonder how much time it would take if you were to take all that out?
I can understand him adding new features and animation taking him longer to do. Including swyper his Tinder app and options through that. I think he should cut his losses and ignore the mini-games. They're not very intuitive and people bypassing it every time should tell him to save time on it and use that to clean up the game in future episodes.

Hopefully he's not making any mistakes with it and this extra time is just him adding polish to all the features and animations to the game to make it better experience.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
How about this guys? DIKs reject maggots and say they are done with them, Tommy tells them to say goodbye and get the hell out of there. But this is actually a test, they follow maggots for that night and depending what they do, they'll decide what to do with us maggots... Then they accept them?

DPC please release the game :cry:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
How about this guys? DIKs reject maggots and say they are done with them, Tommy tells them to say goodbye and get the hell out of there. But this is actually a test, they follow maggots for that night and depending what they do, they'll decide what to do with us maggots... Then they accept them?

DPC please release the game :cry:
Well, if I were the MC i'd no longer have any reason to not go ' ' on Tommy's dick but that's just me :LOL:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes