robsn92

Sep 10, 2019
The AppDate folder is hidden by default so you need to type it in manually. The 'game' folder is inside the 'Being a Dik' folder, double click on it, double click on 'game' and you'll see a folder called saves; delete that and the 'Being a Dik' folder found in AppData\Roaming
Thank you very much i found everything and now i can start the game complete fresh.
Thanks again for your patience

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Oh yeah. Fair enough, take it back. I forgot about that.
It's one of the problems with game perspective. We don't see all the moving pieces. We see Sage call us about a phone call and go to the gym. We don't see the MC having to leave the building, walk across campus, walk into another building, search the building for Chad, etc. etc. To us it all happens instantaneously when in reality it takes a bit. Throws the perspective off.

Dev's and players both fall prey to it. Think of the realities of a phone call. How long was the walk to the gym? Honestly the phone call would have probably been over before the MC even got there. How long did the girl's run on the treadmill? However that level of reality would make the game both huge, boring and probably make us miss a bunch of plot points. Meh, it's easier to blip us to the gym, overhear the conversation and have the fight rather than us show up to the gym and everyone was gone cause it took us 10-20 minutes to walk across campus.

Last edited:

gnomash2345

May 7, 2020
*****SPOLER ALERT*****

Did anyone consider the possibility that MC could in fact be Royce?
Hear me out;
Firstly, after the tennis date with Jill, when you are talking with her on the bench, she states that it is just her and her "parents" now. Also, she mentions an older sister who she remembers by momentos and memories. In my opinion, said sister is MC's mom.

Now, i know what you are thinking. In that case, relationship with Jill would be incestual...
But we don't know if Jill is a biological daughter of the Royce family. I believe she is adopted. There are few subtle hints throughout the game, first of whom appers when MC and Derek are going to Tybalt's room for the first time to have fun. They enter through Jill's room and there is a drawer beneath the bed which contains an old photo of her and Bella. ( not particulary significant on its own ) Futhermore, when Bella is warning Jill not to involve herself with MC in episode 1 she tells her something like: "I know where you come from, I only want what is best for you." And this is my theory:

After Lynette, MC's mom, ran away from her familly ,in god knows what kind of circumpstances, and died soon after. Probably, the Royce familly would have been pretty devestated by the loss of Lynette. Or maybe they just wanted more children and couldn't do it the old fashioned way. In either case, around the time of Lynette's escape, Royce familly adopts Jill and a few years later MC is born. Which explains Jill being a few years older then MC. The picture with Bella and Jill could be the link between the Royce's and Jill. Bella works in the library and she hears about rich Royce familly wanting to adopt and just so happens too know for poor, sweet and unprovided girl by the name of Jill. The Royce familly doesn't want or can't handle to make contact with Neil and MC for whatever reasons. (pride, loss...) but they have never entirly forgotten about him. For example, in the cafeteria scene where MC is describing his early life to Bella, he speaks of the story in which he as a kid got bullied a lot. That led to his father learning about MMA and teaching MC who then later beats up a bully in school. Now, he and his father are about to get sued but the injured party just forgot about it?!
Sounds like a situation which a rich familly, like Royce, could easily deal with by greasing a few wheels...
Also, in episode 5, Neil tells you about letter from mom. I'm guessing that we will soon know if I'm right or no.
Besides, Jill and Lynette both have pretty similar patterns of behaviour regarding money. Lynette left her familly and all their money for love and throughtout the game Jill doesn't seem to care much it. In addition she seems to be iritated by people around her who are always talking about their parents success/money and economic lectures...
Lastly, all Jill dates were pretty much forced ( according to her after tennis date ) by the "familly" and it sounds like the old man Royce wants for Jill to find a wealthy and successful man so the familly can avoid another Lynette scenerio.

Anyway, that's my theory. I'm curious about your thoughts ;)

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
The thing about this is that, in the flashback, Sage tells Rusty it's her first year as HOT president and if she's a 3rd year now then that would mean that she was the president in her freshman year which isn't something that's likely.

There have been a few instances now where characters reference "next year" and it's still ambiguous as to whether or not they mean the next academic year of the next calendar year. But in this case, given that the DIKs have only been around for 2 full years and that a freshman isn't likely to have become president of a sorority, it seems more likely to me that she's referring to herself graduating at the end of this academic year as graduation would be "next year".

Untitled.png

gnomash2345

May 7, 2020
There is none. Usually a winner gets his own personal striper for the night but due to unforeseen events ( Quinn arrangement with preps, and the stripers not being called in ) this years winner gets no reward

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Can Sage be Burke's daughter and so Tybalt's (step/half/normal) sister?

- When mc and Chad are at the counsel (Cathy, Jade, Burke), both Chad and Burke use their forenames and Burke tries to minimize damage for Chad and the college, so they probably know each other quite good for a longer time. The relation between Chad and Sage goes back to Sage's early years at college or longer (flashback in ep.5), so Burke could know Chad as Sage's friend for a longer time before Sage started avoiding her family.
- When mc is about to fuck Sage on the DIK party in ep.2, the DIKs panick because of who (not Chad) will hear about it next day and the consequences.
- Sage avoids her parents but they must have money. (ep.4 talk to Quinn)
- Sage is able to make the unusual arrangement with Tybalt for the HOTs being at the preps party.
- Sage avoids the party in ep.5 prep house because her father is there.
I don't think so, I believe it's the funny man bun guy at the party.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
*****SPOLER ALERT*****

Hear me out;
Firstly, after the tennis date with Jill, when you are talking with her on the bench, she states that it is just her and her "parents" now. Also, she mentions an older sister who she remembers by momentos and memories. In my opinion, said sister is MC's mom.

Now, i know what you are thinking. In that case, relationship with Jill would be incestual...
But we don't know if Jill is a biological daughter of the Royce family. I believe she is adopted. There are few subtle hints throughout the game, first of whom appers when MC and Derek are going to Tybalt's room for the first time to have fun. They enter through Jill's room and there is a drawer beneath the bed which contains an old photo of her and Bella. ( not particulary significant on its own ) Futhermore, when Bella is warning Jill not to involve herself with MC in episode 1 she tells her something like: "I know where you come from, I only want what is best for you." And this is my theory:

After Lynette, MC's mom, ran away from her familly ,in god knows what kind of circumpstances, and died soon after. Probably, the Royce familly would have been pretty devestated by the loss of Lynette. Or maybe they just wanted more children and couldn't do it the old fashioned way. In either case, around the time of Lynette's escape, Royce familly adopts Jill and a few years later MC is born. Which explains Jill being a few years older then MC. The picture with Bella and Jill could be the link between the Royce's and Jill. Bella works in the library and she hears about rich Royce familly wanting to adopt and just so happens too know for poor, sweet and unprovided girl by the name of Jill. The Royce familly doesn't want or can't handle to make contact with Neil and MC for whatever reasons. (pride, loss...) but they have never entirly forgotten about him. For example, in the cafeteria scene where MC is describing his early life to Bella, he speaks of the story in which he as a kid got bullied a lot. That led to his father learning about MMA and teaching MC who then later beats up a bully in school. Now, he and his father are about to get sued but the injured party just forgot about it?!
Sounds like a situation which a rich familly, like Royce, could easily deal with by greasing a few wheels...
Also, in episode 5, Neil tells you about letter from mom. I'm guessing that we will soon know if I'm right or no.
Besides, Jill and Lynette both have pretty similar patterns of behaviour regarding money. Lynette left her familly and all their money for love and throughtout the game Jill doesn't seem to care much it. In addition she seems to be iritated by people around her who are always talking about their parents success/money and economic lectures...
Lastly, all Jill dates were pretty much forced ( according to her after tennis date ) by the "familly" and it sounds like the old man Royce wants for Jill to find a wealthy and successful man so the familly can avoid another Lynette scenerio.

Lot's of people have, including me, but, since DPC doesn't do incest, it isn't going to be the case (and while what you described isn't technically incest, it would still fall foul of the rules Patreon is forced to impose on creators by Paypal and Mastercard)

gnomash2345

May 7, 2020
View attachment 687228
[/QUOTE]
Since this mammoth screed of gobbledygook is about Jill, I'll let her react to it...

View attachment 687228
Well, as I said, it is just an opinion, a fan theory...
Not that you are making any valid counterarguments.

Lot's of people have, including me, but, since DPC doesn't do incest, it isn't going to be the case (and while what you described isn't technically incest, it would still fall foul of the rules Patreon is forced to impose on creators by Paypal and Mastercard)
Thanks for the insight. Have to admit that I dont know much about imposed rules..

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
View attachment 687222
Do you mean like this, right?
Yes, the entries are the same as I have in my game when I can do the Riona scene.
Did you confront her and give her money?
If you cannot get the scene, you probably missed to order her from Quinn at the start of the game.
If you don't want to replay all, you could try to use and set
quinn_shop_japanese_lvl to 1.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Well Quinn doesn't have any RP that you can build up and you can also miss that conversation with Sage if you can't stay with her or choose to stay with Derek or Bella, so it doesn't seem like it's anything major if it can be missed so easily.

If there comes a time where Quinn does seem something really crazy that she knows will affect the MC negatively and he confronts her about it, then there might be some dialogue like, "I thought you liked me/I was starting to like you. How could you do this to me?", if you had that conversation with Sage, but probably not much more than that.
At least not shown but there are lots of little moments and choices other than that. The social media heavily implies she's interested in the MC, one of the latest one's when commenting on Rinoa's picture a Hot points out that she only cared about the MC's comment so its not even that only Sage notices either.

If I where to guess at her background she had a similar background to the MC, dirt poor growing up and became very money focused to fit in and given her prominence in the story she'll be a major factor in a major DIK choice towards the end

Reactions: xsssssssss

Hazeti

Jan 19, 2020
*****SPOLER ALERT*****

Hear me out;

roflshiba

Sep 7, 2019
So I ran into this error during the initiation scene during chapter 5, I tried reloading my old save and went for another route but still ran into this. Any suggestions? :(
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season2/scripts/update5.rpy", line 636, in script
    tm "Ah! The scoreboard!"
  File "game/season2/scripts/screens/screens_s2.rpy", line 133, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/screens/screens_s2.rpy", line 135, in execute
TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/season2/scripts/update5.rpy", line 636, in script
    tm "Ah! The scoreboard!"
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "Z:\BeingADIK-0.5.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/season2/scripts/screens/screens_s2.rpy", line 135, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 135, in <module>
TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.5.0
Tue Jun 09 11:28:09 2020

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
It makes the most sense he was always on the move going from person to person probably hoping to catch a glimpse of Sage while he was chatting with others perhaps? It's nice to see a bit of common sense I thought all hope had been lost. :LOL:
The good part is he's really Sage's father then there shouldn't be any issues if she introduces the MC to him. The dude seems pretty chill, looks like he'd crack a couple of beers with you.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
*****SPOLER ALERT*****

Hear me out;

I believe that the MC's maternal family is neither the Royce or Burgmeister but a much more powerful family than these two.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes