Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I think the red haired guy is a distraction. A way to obvious one to throw us off. In the scene where Jade and Stephen have the fight and she is throwing pictures there are 3 pictures. Tybalt on the left, Jade and Stephen in the middle, and the one on the right we never see. It even flies at Stephen with the back showing so we don't see the front. I'm betting Sage is in the right picture frame. I don't know who the red haired guy is and nor do I think it matters. Hell that red haired guy could be Jill's father for all we know. Jill isn't at the party either remember. She's at Bella's comforting Cathy. Jade in the car if your doing the fuck the teacher scene says her career and her children (plural) are the most important things in her life. Hell he could be Cathy's dad for all we know, maybe Cathy was supposed to be at the party but because of the Cluck she was like eff that. I think the guy was meant to make us think he was Sage's dad because the red hair is too obvious.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
If memory serves I would say they react to him with disdain. The guy who people think is the MC's possible grandfather and that other guy have no interest in talking to him. They lie about not taking a trip this year when he wants to be invited and then when he leaves talk about doing it in like two months.

Doesn't Jade talk about Stephen making money from selling stocks? Wouldn't say the market is anathema to old money.
The two men in the front hallway definitely didn't want him involved in their trip, so that might be disdain. The two students in the back room just thought he might have drunk a bit much. I guess it could go either way.

As for the market, I usually associate it with new money. The money was 'new' because someone had just made it, so business, finance or investment were the usual mechanisms. Old money came from owning huge tracts of lands, ideally with the ability to rent them to those who would do the actual work (or tax the lands directly, if the family was nobility).

The categories change over time, though, and the world in BaDIK may look at it differently. But I just found it interesting that Rusty, who is definitively old money, was rejected by Tybalt in the flashback.

It could be because Rusty managed to push nearly all of Tybalt's buttons (and might have got all of them if Tybalt saw him hit on Jill). But it might also indicate that the Preps are more about new money than it first looked. Yes, Jill is there, but she is considered an exception, and we know Tybalt has an interest in her.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think the red haired guy is a distraction. A way to obvious one to throw us off. In the scene where Jade and Stephen have the fight and she is throwing pictures there are 3 pictures. Tybalt on the left, Jade and Stephen in the middle, and the one on the right we never see. It even flies at Stephen with the back showing so we don't see the front. I'm betting Sage is in the right picture frame. I don't know who the red haired guy is and nor do I think it matters. Hell that red haired guy could be Jill's father for all we know. Jill isn't at the party either remember. She's at Bella's comforting Cathy. Jade in the car if your doing the fuck the teacher scene says her career and her children (plural) are the most important things in her life. Hell he could be Cathy's dad for all we know, maybe Cathy was supposed to be at the party but because of the Cluck she was like eff that. I think the guy was meant to make us think he was Sage's dad because the red hair is too obvious.
I was onboard the "Sage is Tybalt's sister" wagon back in Episode 4, but I've jumped off now.

The way Sage describes her father at the party, "looking for new business opportunities and kissing asses," just doesn't fit Stephen. It does fit the guy with red hair, so he's my new suspect.

Reactions: mindern

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If that guy was a Royce, particularly if he was the direct descendant of the founder (i.e. grandson), I think the people at the party would have shown him a bit more respect.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
If that guy was a Royce, particularly if he was the direct descendant of the founder (i.e. grandson), I think the people at the party would have shown him a bit more respect.
Just like Rusty being shown respect for being the direct descendent of a Burgermeister? Every family has a black sheep, maybe the red haired guy is the black sheep.
I was onboard the "Sage is Tybalt's sister" wagon back in Episode 4, but I've jumped off now.

The way Sage describes her father at the party, "looking for new business opportunities and kissing asses," just doesn't fit Stephen. It does fit the guy with red hair, so he's my new suspect.
We see Stephen having a conversation with his wife saying "not tonight dear, not here" and we see him come out of a room after Mona. That's 2 very brief glimpses into his actions and your basing his entire night off those? Sage does say her Dad is downstairs and there is Stephen.

I think y'all are making a lot of assumptions off very little data just because 2 people share the same color hair.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Red hair guy was far too prominent in those scenes for it not to have some sort of meaning, going around mingling with other guests most likely to hear if there are any business opportunities. With Burke, I think he's most likely not in that situation to be looking for new business opportunities he seems pretty well set up as it is.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Red hair guy was far too prominent in those scenes for it not to have some sort of meaning, going around mingling with other guests most likely to hear if there are any business opportunities. With Burke, I think he's most likely not in that situation to be looking for new business opportunities he seems pretty well set up as it is.
And for the same reason is why I say Red Haired Guy is a distraction. Too Obvious. Stephen - Maybe he's looking for donations for the school? What better place to do it than at a party with school alumni? Don't get distracted by the flashing, way to bright Red Haired Guy and let DPC throw one of his herrings in your face. Mark my words.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
ep3_introb.jpg

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
And for the same reason is why I say Red Haired Guy is a distraction. Too Obvious. Stephen - Maybe he's looking for donations for the school? What better place to do it than at a party with school alumni? Don't get distracted by the flashing, way to bright Red Haired Guy and let DPC throw one of his herrings in your face. Mark my words.
Jill being a Royce seemed like too obvious a possibility to me too, and that happened almost immediately. Every now and then the butler actually did do it.

We don't see a lot of Stephen at the party, but money is clearly not foremost on his mind. Besides, we've seen him elsewhere and I don't see him as an ass-kisser who would chase someone else's opportunities. If he wanted more money, he would make a deal happen himself.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
So about to start playing this, however after reading a bit of the walkthrough and stuff in the thread, wanted to ask: what's more important, DIC/CHICK points or RP? It seems all to confusing after seeing what everyones talking about. Oh and I will probably be going for Jill, Isabella, Joyce and Maya

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Jill being a Royce seemed like too obvious a possibility to me too, and that happened almost immediately. Every now and then the butler actually did do it.

We don't see a lot of Stephen at the party, but money is clearly not foremost on his mind. Besides, we've seen him elsewhere and I don't see him as an ass-kisser who would chase someone else's opportunities. If he wanted more money, he would make a deal happen himself.
Ah see and he strikes me as very much an ass kisser, manipulator. He doesn't strike me as a stand up make shit happen type. Hell he runs from his wife when he comes home and she's in the bathroom remember? Those aren't the actions of a stand up guy. Jade wears the pants in that family so tell me why all of a sudden you think Stephen is a "man"? He's chasing after young girl students who prostitute themselves to pay for college and you think all of a sudden he's near the top of the food chain?

He's a bitch

Reactions: omnis23

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Occam's razor; eccentric guy at the prep party looking for his daughter who he believes should be there whilst he's also "looking for new business opportunities and kissing asses", and Sage is avoiding seeing her Dad who she knows is at the party and who she describes as someone who's "looking for new business opportunities and kissing asses".

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Okay, how's it obvious? When I first played through it at the time it never even occurred to me that he was Sages's Dad who she was trying to avoid I'd say it would be a lot easier to avoid him than it would be Burke, for all we know it could be two brothers and not a brother and sister.

Not sure why you've posted that we've all seen it now if you could get it from the other angle then sure I'd understand.

Reactions: Stark9999999
Jan 23, 2020
So about to start playing this, however after reading a bit of the walkthrough and stuff in the thread, wanted to ask: what's more important, DIC/CHICK points or RP? It seems all to confusing after seeing what everyones talking about. Oh and I will probably be going for Jill, Isabella, Joyce and Maya
In that case, take CHICK choices. This should give you the right status, affinity and even RP to do stuff with them.

But if it's the first time you play this, I would suggest you to forget about the walkthrough and simply play as you feel and go with the flow... I'm sure you will like this game a lot and you will replay it several times, following the walkthrough.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
DIK/Chick points so far RP hasnt had a huge impact on game.
Occam's razor; eccentric guy at the prep party looking for his daughter who he believes should be there whilst he's also "looking for new business opportunities and kissing asses", and Sage is avoiding seeing her Dad who she knows is at the party and who she describes as someone who's "looking for new business opportunities and kissing asses".
At what point do we see RHG looking for new business? I must have missed that part. We see him talking about a trip, reminiscing about paintings and mention looking for his daughter. Nor do we see him kissing anyone's ass? Like I said I think y'all are making assumptions that you have 0% data for.

Reactions: omnis23

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Okay, how's it obvious? When I first played through it at the time it never even occurred to me that he was Sages's Dad who she was trying to avoid I'd say it would be a lot easier to avoid him than it would be Burke, for all we know it could be two brothers and not a brother and sister.
Hypothetically anything is possible. It could be 2 brothers, it could be a picture of the family dog that died or it could be anything or nothing. However DPC went out of his way to make sure we never see that picture. Jacob implies that if the MC bangs Sage that ? someone will find out about it. Which most likely means its school related. So tell me who else works at the school who might care if Sage has sex in public with the MC at a DIK's party other than Chad? We know Sage's parent have a ton of money because Quinn mentions running home to ask for a sponsorship. Just my theory but I'm at least basing my theory off some info even if I'm using unproven "facts". Y'all are basing your idea off a hair color and a bunch of "assumed actions" like kissing ass and looking for new business that we never even see. They are both theories

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Ah see and he strikes me as very much an ass kisser, manipulator. He doesn't strike me as a stand up make shit happen type. Hell he runs from his wife when he comes home and she's in the bathroom remember? Those aren't the actions of a stand up guy. Jade wears the pants in that family so tell me why all of a sudden you think Stephen is a "man"? He's chasing after young girl students who prostitute themselves to pay for college and you think all of a sudden he's near the top of the food chain?

He's a bitch
Does Jade wear the pants in that family? Stephen failed to call her bluff on two occasions, but he also continues to cheat on her. And Jade was the one who goes off on a tirade about how he gets more respect than he deserves. To me, it feels like both of them feel a messy divorce is more trouble than it is worth, so they generally keep it civil in public and know not to push the other too hard. If Stephen were really her bitch she could do something more than throw photos at him when he keeps sleeping around.

I'm certainly not defending Stephen's character, the guy's a creep. But I don't think he's what Sage is describing.

Reactions: obibobi

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
I still think he's gay. Otherwise how could he be so emotionally and physically dead to Sage? I find it extremely unlikely that he's attracted to women if he doesn't react at all with Sage in front of him basically begging for intimacy. Just cause they talk about panties doesn't mean we can't be talking about a guy, like I said a while ago, men can wear lacy "women's" underwear.
I've always assumed he was gay, I thought those panties she found were probably his? I think that's we he was so nervous when he found out someone was in the locker room when he was on the phone? If was just nailing some side chick? I don't think he'd have that kind of look he had.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Does Jade wear the pants in that family? Stephen failed to call her bluff on two occasions, but he also continues to cheat on her. And Jade was the one who goes off on a tirade about how he gets more respect than he deserves. To me, it feels like both of them feel a messy divorce is more trouble than it is worth, so they generally keep it civil in public and know not to push the other too hard. If Stephen were really her bitch she could do something more than throw photos at him when he keeps sleeping around.

I'm certainly not defending Stephen's character, the guy's a creep. But I don't think he's what Sage is describing.
She never mentions he gets more respect than he deserves, she say's he bought his degree and she earned hers. Totally not the same thing. The only time we see Stephen in a position of power is when he is talking down to a student namely Chad. As far as being a cheater maybe he sleeps with the girls so he can be dominant for once. Who says she was bluffing? From the sound of the argument between Jade/Stephen, Stephen needed a prenup not Jade. Sounds like Jade married into a rich family, not saying she wasn't well off but........ Stephen sounds like he's whining the whole time their arguing through the bathroom door. "Come on Honey, I've been trying......" and then he literally leaves his own house because Jade tells him to.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes