TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
The exact monologue after he stops kissing her because she's crying and saying "I cant" are...

"At the time I couldn't understand Bella. The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong. I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman. I figured she felt the same since she was being unfaithful to her husband... which, of course, is a very big deal. But if I had known the real reason to her tears... to her persona... I wouldn't have kissed her that night. I would have called out for help."

So whatever this "real reason" happens to be is the crux of the matter. Can't say why what he did was so bad but his monologue seems to imply it wasn't the infidelity that was the issue but something bigger.
Oh, i never though that the infidelity was the problem, if it was she wouldn't have done it, but i do think there is some underlying problem, as he says, her persona is obviously a mask, as shown by her inner monologues, but i can't be sure of what the problem really is until we figure out the deal with the husband, i have my theories, but i really don't want to jump on that wagon, it goes way to crazy in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Someone said it a while back (can't remember who) shortly after the update dropped, that the fact that M&J tell the MC they do have feelings for him and they didn't like the friends-only decision, almost makes it fell as though the game is telling you that being with them is the right decision. Like it's trying to make you regret either choosing friendship or going down the DIK route and getting rejected because of it.
I did go for the trio relationship, but for me it still feels like it might be a mistake due to it maybe being forced, i.e. you either get everything or nothing

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Someone said it a while back (can't remember who) shortly after the update dropped, that the fact that M&J tell the MC they do have feelings for him and they didn't like the friends-only decision, almost makes it fell as though the game is telling you that being with them is the right decision. Like it's trying to make you regret either choosing friendship or going down the DIK route and getting rejected because of it.
the game really feels like it was made to follow the Chick perspective, not just with them but with the possible consequences of the Dick path, like the jocks saying that now that the Cathy thing happened the DIK's would also be in thin ice, and then having the opportunite to start a fight, or punching Tybald(don't remember the proper spelling, and really don't care)

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
You're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I cannot follow (in regards to Quinn)
Ooh that whole bad girl thing :love: Don't get me wrong, I don't like the drugs or the prostitution angles but the things I would do to that little psycho :devilish:

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I did go for the trio relationship, but for me it still feels like it might be a mistake due to it maybe being forced, i.e. you either get everything or nothing

One of the social links in Persona 4 specifically requires you reject the girl at first because the relationship isn't healthy. She instead grows into a better person as your friend and a more stable relationship starts. I've said it before that I'd have a lot of respect for DPC if he subverted the normal VN trope of being able to just "pick" these absurd relationships like harems or incest (or incest harems) and have them always work out flawlessly because the girls passively just follow whatever the MC says. Instead write about how difficult it would actually be for a bunch of 19 year olds to form a stable poly-amorous relationship.

If the Maya/Josy choice to start a thruple backfires and you lose it all whereas the friendship route opens up choosing one or the other individually I would actually quite like that. Sure, it would piss some people off but it would at least be unique. Make the relationship noteworthy in a sea of western VN "Gotta catch 'em all" games.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
ThatGuyWho Cndyrvr4lf Well I honestly simply cannot decide. Lily (for her define sluttyness that you know will never go away), Envy (for the person she is, especially after the app conversation) and Camila because she likes you and is possibly interested in you, possibly in a similar way as Sage, from just sex to more

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
One of the social links in Persona 4 specifically requires you reject the girl at first because the relationship isn't healthy. She instead grows into a better person as your friend and a more stable relationship starts. I've said it before that I'd have a lot of respect for DPC if he subverted the normal VN trope of being able to just "pick" these absurd relationships like harems or incest (or incest harems) and have them always work out flawlessly because the girls passively just follow whatever the MC says. Instead write about how difficult it would actually be for a bunch of 19 year olds to form a stable poly-amorous relationship.

If the Maya/Josy choice to start a thruple backfires and you lose it all whereas the friendship route opens up choosing one or the other individually I would actually quite like that. Sure, it would piss some people off but it would at least be unique. Make the relationship noteworthy in a sea of western VN "Gotta catch 'em all" games.
Is it just me or do they maybe not always, but regularly put relationships in their games.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The exact monologue after he stops kissing her because she's crying and saying "I cant" are...

"At the time I couldn't understand Bella. The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong. I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman. I figured she felt the same since she was being unfaithful to her husband... which, of course, is a very big deal. But if I had known the real reason to her tears... to her persona... I wouldn't have kissed her that night. I would have called out for help."

So whatever this "real reason" happens to be is the crux of the matter. Can't say why what he did was so bad but his monologue seems to imply it wasn't the infidelity that was the issue but something bigger.
I feel like the "real reason" could be to do with Jill's sister.

This is a theory I posted back in May.
New theory: Bella's protective nature of Jill isn't just because she was friends with her late sister, but because Bella feels somehow responsible for her death and is trying assuage her guilty conscience by looking after Jill.

Bella's guilt also created problems in her marriage causing her husband to cheat on her and they decided to "take a break" for a while, but it went from a short break to 3 years. Bella has since forgiven him as she realises she drove him to it and has reached out to him to ask him to come back so they can resolve things properly.
If Bella does feel guilty for Jill's sister's death, this would certainly explain her tears because she knows that Jill likes the MC and earlier that day she basically encouraged Jill to pursue something with him, and now she's making out with that very person. Feeling somehow responsible for her sister's death and then making out with the guy she likes would feel like a massive betrayal for Bella.

However, the only flaw in that theory are the scenes in ep 4 if you stay with her and in ep 5, because if she really felt that bad about the kiss for this reason, she wouldn't do these things in eps 4 and 5. But even without that theory, it still feels like a quick turnaround that literally a day after she cried her eyes out over a kiss, she basically beckons him into the bathroom for some heavy petting.

Her actions so far are a little inconsistant, but hopefully there's a good explanation for it eventually.

Well, I want the "everything" so I don't much care if it is forced or not. I still favour Maya more than Josy, but I'd rather have both than just one of them.

• Wow
Reactions: Dan_

Dec 20, 2019
BTW I don't know if someone mentioned it here, but I found, that you can change MC's name, his avatar photo and Rooster nickname during game. Just click in Bios on those 3 dots and it opened new window.

View attachment 689568

You can change name, avatar and Rooster app nickname :D

View attachment 689572
I didn't realize that too. Does that mean the app does not show Tremolo when others tag you?

All this speculation about missing or dead relatives, mysterious letters, secret lovers, potential unknown lineages, etc. has really distracted us from the game's most important unanswered question:

Who is behind the fake Tybalt accounts that are trolling him on Rooster?
With the above feature, anyone can easily troll Tybalt. If only we can. :ROFLMAO:

Didn't know you could change your name through the bios. Also if you give thumbs up to certain messages on Rooster, sometimes they respond. I only found one with Tybalt though, not sure if there are others.
Tybalt has two, same responses. The others nope, I know, I went in and click like on every post after it was brought up.

In ep 3 when she's thinking to herself about how she wants him to forgive her and wants him to come home, it sounds to me a like it's long separation due to something that happened in the past. Hard to say exactly what that is, and right now everybody's really just fumbling around in the dark trying to come up with possible answers.
He ran out of the house crying and never came back because he cannot take her glare too much. That's what made her angry at him for that time and forgives him now. :D

Bella had a miscarriage or lost a child at a early age. Her husband left her right after and she feel guilty about it. The room is actually the kids room that they made before the death.
That's actually plausible. Assuming she got married right after college and she's now 35 and the husband left 3 years ago, the kid would be... 8 years old? The shoes may be his?

Man, i'm trying to be polite here. That's why i shifted my point from coma to degenerative disease, to agree with your arguments. And you kept arguing like i didn't say anything, stop getting so worked up over nothing, i already said i just wanted to have all the possibilities covered. Don't start an argument if you don't intend to be polite or understanding.
Don't mind him. He got lost in the rabbit holes too many times.

It's defo in EP3, possibly after gender studies class
After Jill told MC that Bella came around and if you decided to visit her in the Library.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Someone recently had a discussion on what a harem really is (for a different game). And I kinda understood and agreed. In a poly relationship, all parties are infatuated with each other (just like what we have here), while a harem is more of a concetrated thing towards one person (so in here, all 5 LI's would be in love with you and just you, agreeing to share you because of mutual friendship or understanding of feelings, without feeling anything themselves for the other members). I believe there are so many harem games here now that the distinction thing I explained has just become "MC has to have everyone, regardless of other members relationships to each other

Reactions: Real Kreten

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
That is indeed Scary Movie, but it's not the woman from Anger Management. AM's primaries were Shawnee Smith (his ex-wife in the show) and Selma Blair (his FWB/partner) initially, I forget who replaced her. The woman in the film was Anna Faris (Chris Pratt's ex-wife), who has not appeared in Anger Management.

I do get a slight grin when I imagine Riona plastered to the ceiling like that, though.
Hm, I distinctly remembered Noureen DeWolf in the scene. Could be that the movie I meant was The 41-Year-Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It and that it spoofed the Scary Movie scene.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Hey, on the regards of favorite girls, my favorite is probably Jill (i really can't help it, she's too damn cute), but them i'd go for Riona, Quinn and Sage.

I won't discuss Bella anymore, i think i put the poor woman on too much grief on my mind alone. But i do agree with the theory of her and Jill hooking up while drunk or 'in the right mood' and at the same it doesn't feel like it's going to be it. Mostly because there's already two main girls that 'hooked' up and have a romantic and/or sexual thing that happened or is happening with them. I don't see DPC recycling plot (it's not recycling much, but i didn't find a better word).

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Another thing, i always feel sorry for Josy. She got the shortest end of the stick of all main girls in the game. It's hard choose her over anyother. Now she's tagging along with Maya more or less, making her lose even more individuallity.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Hey, on the regards of favorite girls, my favorite is probably Jill (i really can't help it, she's too damn cute), but them i'd go for Riona, Quinn and Sage.

I won't discuss Bella anymore, i think i put the poor woman on too much grief on my mind alone. But i do agree with the theory of her and Jill hooking up while drunk or 'in the right mood' and at the same it doesn't feel like it's going to be it. Mostly because there's already two main girls that 'hooked' up and have a romantic and/or sexual thing that happened or is happening with them. I don't see DPC recycling plot (it's not recycling much, but i didn't find a better word).
This discussion was strictly about side girls or HOT's. So no LI's as we all know that any man or woman that doesn't submit to the Will of Jill shall be tried for heresy and treason against their people!

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
This discussion was strictly about side girls or HOT's. So no LI's as we all know that any man or woman that doesn't submit to the Will of Jill shall be tried for heresy and treason against their people!
Sure thing, it's still easy thought. Riona and Quinn.

But i do have a especial place in my heart for Arieth because she makes me fucking laugh every time she appears on screen.

Dec 20, 2019
Another thing, i always feel sorry for Josy. She got the shortest end of the stick of all main girls in the game. It's hard choose her over anyother. Now she's tagging along with Maya more or less, making her lose even more individuallity.
I believe it's because she has always been "guest starring" in Ep 1-3, then promoted to "main cast" in Ep 4 onwards. Her story will see developments, with her dad bringing her stuff over to start with, and let's not forget @TommyTheDestroyed. Oh there will be plenty of dramas.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes