Dec 20, 2019
I still don't get that I know Riona is a close friend and everything but why is Quinn letting her use up most of the drugs without paying for it?
Maybe because Riona is the daughter that brought in a lot of profits the previous year she gave her some special benefits, except she didn't expect her to use up MOST of the drugs?

That's what it's all about for Quinn the Hot's means everything to her and we know she will go to any length just to see it succeed I think that's her main driving force.
Well she's the VP, and the main candidate to be the prez after Sage leaves. Her own tuition might be riding on the HOT's success. Of course she wants it to work. I've been in that position before so I know (not fraternity related).

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
"Light prostitution". Tell that to Mona (or Ashley).
I think the first tasks were handjobs, blowjobs and an ass job through a glory hole. That Camily took it in was for her own pleasure. So they did only "prostitution light" compared to regulars with full vaginal or anal sex.

The exclusive special offers with Sarah or Riona (+Quinn) later were something different.

Dec 20, 2019
I guess it will all come down on who the dealer is if Quinn can't pay perhaps she will use other methods the menu for example and send one of the girls to help her pay off the debt just an idea of course but then again if she is to get away with that then she could always use that excuse and withhold any money she has brought in.
The only person that is qualified enough to be sent into the lion's den right now is Riona.

I think the first tasks were handjobs, blowjobs and an ass job through a glory hole. That Camily took it in was for her own pleasure. So they did only "prostitution light" compared to regulars with full vaginal or anal sex.

The exclusive special offers with Sarah or Riona (+Quinn) later were something different.
Does that mean Riona is overworked, because she has to serve Asian food, if you are implying that there are "normal" prostitution to her restaurant services? I cannot remember how the exclusive came by, but the Big Breakfast was a special promotion to entice their biggest customer (both in terms of size and usage?) to spend more in the future.

Now that I think about it, I am not so sure about her pimping out her girls so openly, especially in a party that Sage has a hand in organizing.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Maybe because Riona is the daughter that brought in a lot of profits the previous year she gave her some special benefits, except she didn't expect her to use up MOST of the drugs?
Well, no matter the circumstances it's no good for business if you are letting your friend have a free ride. Or has Quinn underestimated Riona's addiction to the drugs?

Her eyes are red a lot, just like Riona.
I think that's always been a thing? don't think I've ever seen them with clear eyes?

Dec 20, 2019
Well, no matter the circumstances it's no good for business if you are letting your friend have a free ride. Or has Quinn underestimated Riona's addiction to the drugs?
It would seem so. Speaking of drugs, how does the addiction work? Does it kick in after the first taste? Anyone knows?

PS. If you wish to contribute anonymously, especially on the drug topic, use the ISPOILER tag to block out your username first :devilish:

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
There's a disparity here between the two different metrics when you have a vast majority of choices being made which directly affect the relationships with certain characters being outweighed by fewer choices that may not accurately the reflect the sum total of those minor choices. It's like if someone were to devote their entire lives to doing good in the world by helping the poor, raising money for charities, giving back to their community, etc, but because they once used an illegal drug in their teenage years that suddenly makes them a bad person and negates everything else they've done. Many of these major choices aren't even all that bad either, so why not being nice to Steve or smoking weed should somehow tip the scale of the MC's personality when he's potentially been a generally good guy is a bit odd.
That's why I said system (affi+status) will work better later on. And why you're talking about bad/good metric? That would be quite boring and not exactly correct interpretation of DIK/CHICK system. I'd say even in both polar cases he's somewhat party colege handsome boi but it's up to him how exactly roll, or should I say "roll with whom". That's why I'm not having problem with DIK-affi MC get rejected by M/J (good riddance) as well as with inability to make gated behind DIK-affi actions by CHICK/NEUTRAL MC (why would he?).

Also, while we're talking about affinity and even recognizing that RP system is basically insignificant don't forget about other game's variables i.e. the fact that some choices which are not related to any of these systems could also matter in the future. That's why affinity is more like a roleplay tool for me - not everything will be riding on it.

saberrider

Jun 20, 2017
Hey guys I've reached the scene at the library with Josy and Maya but I'm only getting 2 options: ask for something more or friendship. Is there no option to tell them to stay away (at least Maya) or am I missing something?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
It would seem so. Speaking of drugs, how does the addiction work? Does it kick in after the first taste? Anyone knows?

PS. If you wish to contribute anonymously, especially on the drug topic, use the ISPOILER tag to block out your username first :devilish:
No drug kicks in so hard on your first use that you are then a slave to it, that is a myth which needs to die. People have problems in their lives and look for escapes, drugs just happen to be a particularly effective one but you could also sink into alcoholism, sex-addiction, chronic workaholism, a self destructive work out regime or, in the extreme, becoming the 45th president :LOL:

In all of those cases, the solution is to remove the problem, not the addiction which is, in most cases, a symptom of the underlying issue. I'm drinking too much because I'm fuloughed and bored but I'm not an alcoholic because on the days when I have something to do I don't even think about alchohol, let alone consume any.

DPC's drug may work like that but if so then he's not as good a writer as I think he is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AvatarStormBringer

Dec 20, 2019
No drug kicks in so hard on your first use that you are then a slave to it, that is a myth which needs to die. People have problems in their lives and look for escapes, drugs just happen to be a particulary efective one but you could also sink into alcoholism, sex-addiction, chronic workaholism, a self destructive work out regime or, in the extreme, becoming the 45th president :LOL:

In all of those cases, the solution is to remove the problem, not the addiction which is, in most cases, a symptom of the underlying issue. I'm drinking too much because I'm fuloughed and bored but I'm not an alcoholic because on the days when I have something to do I don't even think about alchohol, let alone consume any.

DPC's drug may work like that but if so then he's not as good a writer as I think he is.
You just described all the characters in the game, and some not in the game. :ROFLMAO: The game hasn't tell us much about John boy, Elena and Heather to know why they need to escape though, maybe just recreational use. Tommy on the other hand is just a true addict, using someone's money to buy drugs for his own use.

In DPC's defense, we can smoke weed the first time and reject Riona the second time so there, not an addict just like you said. Come to think of it, I tried smoking and drinking but they didn't stick, but gaming is another totally different monster all together :LOL:.

So all in all, we need to save Quinn, and cut her off from her supplier (Since we don't know who it is, let's give a codename: Vinny!)

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
You just described all the characters in the game, and some not in the game. :ROFLMAO: The game hasn't tell us much about John boy, Elena and Heather to know why they need to escape though, maybe just recreational use. Tommy on the other hand is just a true addict, using someone's money to buy drugs for his own use.

In DPC's defense, we can smoke weed the first time and reject Riona the second time so there, not an addict just like you said. Come to think of it, I tried smoking and drinking but they didn't stick, but gaming is another totally different monster all together :LOL:.

So all in all, we need to save Quinn, and cut her off from her supplier (Since we don't know who it is, let's give a codename: Vinny!)
She needs some alright.

Reactions: RonnieBoi

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Just partying does not count, but paying for services, lap dance, or sex(prostitution) does count. You can still party at the pink rose whilst staying at chick route.
But paying for services are separate decisions. You can choose to party hard and not buy any lap dances.

Also, consider the interaction with Lily in Chapter 5. Asking for a personal stripper or making out are minor DIK choices. But paying Lily for a blowjob has no effect on anything. Sure, she'll agree to give you the blowjob for free if you're CHICK enough, but you need to ask her for the freebie. If you just fork over the money, that's a neutral act for some reason. So in this case, paying for sex is *less* egregious than partying.

Confused yet?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Yeah depends on if your talking about
A an actual physical addiction that results in withdrawals if you stop taking it
B a substance that seems to make all your problems go away

I agree with lemonfreak about a physical addiction. However, lots of people become mentally addicted to a substance because it seems to offer a "magical" solution to all their problems, at least till they sober up which means time to get high again.

Anything in moderation is ok (arguably) however a lot of people don't have enough willpower to use moderation.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I still think the majority of this is down to Tommy and Riona remember there was a scene between Quinn and Heather when Heather was complaining about Tommy taking her drugs so there is that as well as Tommy even asking Rusty if he had anything. The thing is if Quinn was using more drugs then Tommy or Riona would have brought that up perhaps something along the lines you wouldn't have this problem if you weren't overusing Riona especially as she seems the closer to Quinn.
Quinn seems to be the main supplier, so I think it would be much easier for her to skim some drugs for herself without Tommy or Riona noticing than it would be for them to take them from her. And I could totally see Quinn being worried about other people freeloading because she knows she's doing that herself.

Again, there's no proof of anything, but it fits a coherent pattern.

Well, the Melanie and Sarah issue you could be onto something with that they are clearly up to something with the whole Chad and Sage stuff so I wouldn't count them out of anything I'm thinking they want control of it all the Chad issue to take out Sage and the money issue to take out Quinn could it be that these two have been plotting behind both Sage and Quinn's back all this time?
Yeah, Melanie and Sarah are the new suspects for everything since we definitely know they have an agenda but have no idea what that agenda is. They're like the blank scrabble tile of conspiracy theories!

• Haha
Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
If her supplier is the one causing problems for her i'd be very much up for helping her sorting them out for her.
I don't necessarily think there needs to be some 'drugs is bad' moral intervention though

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Quinn seems to be the main supplier, so I think it would be much easier for her to skim some drugs for herself without Tommy or Riona noticing than it would be for them to take them from her. And I could totally see Quinn being worried about other people freeloading because she knows she's doing that herself.

Again, there's no proof of anything, but it fits a coherent pattern.
The thing is if she is the one taking extra doses then she is screwing herself over surely she is smarter than that? And is well aware of any consequences of not getting all the money back in time. I just don't know for me the whole drug angle has just felt off.

Kz87

Jun 19, 2017
But paying for services are separate decisions. You can choose to party hard and not buy any lap dances.

Also, consider the interaction with Lily in Chapter 5. Asking for a personal stripper or making out are minor DIK choices. But paying Lily for a blowjob has no effect on anything. Sure, she'll agree to give you the blowjob for free if you're CHICK enough, but you need to ask her for the freebie. If you just fork over the money, that's a neutral act for some reason. So in this case, paying for sex is *less* egregious than partying.

Confused yet?
If you choose to party hard it already implicates that you are agree to all its benefits aka sexual services. Making affinity choices with each stripper would be too complicated for game purposes.

As of Lily's case in episode 5, I agree, there shouldn't be a choice to pay her in a Chick route(or make it Dik move), only willingness from Lily's side.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes