Dec 20, 2019
I still think the majority of this is down to Tommy and Riona remember there was a scene between Quinn and Heather when Heather was complaining about Tommy taking her drugs so there is that as well as Tommy even asking Rusty if he had anything.
So does Heather have a cool head on her shoulders or not? I thought she is but she has her own stash.

Tommy is an addict through and through. Here's an idea, Vinny supplies to Tommy, but dropped out / kicked out because Tommy got him into trouble, others might / might not know about it and it will rise its ugly head in the coming episodes.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Let's say in an RPG you returned some farmer's lost sheep gaining 100xp and leveling up. Your hit points increases by 50, you get a skill point which you put into "shield bash" and one good/paragon/light side point.

Waitaminute! What TF does returning sheep have to do with HP or shield bash? You didn't even lift the shield once on this quest let alone bash anyone. Shouldn't you be allowed to only increase 'walking' or 'divination' or something? And why do villagers immediately treat you more like a hero and give you 2% better prices? None of them witnessed you returning the sheep, they don't know about the "good" point you earned.

This makes no sense. Come to think of it, why is a point of exp from clearing a bandit cave worth the same as a point of exp from picking someone's pocket? The "experience" gained from them should be completely different. And why TF did we only get 50xp for delivering the letter for the King? Crossed the entire effing map for that compared to the 10 steps taken to find the sheep for which we got 100xp. What's with the disparity? The system is completely arbitrary - it's crazier than DPC's affinity system!

People just accept it because it's a familiar/known convention. Affinity/Status is just new/unique to this game.

Purpose of choice with Steve is not just single action, but the way to shape MC what kind of person he is. Is he generous no matter who in front of him, even an asshole like Steve.
There it is. (y) Steve is irrelevant, whether anyone sees it is irrelevant. What the game system is trying to capture is not that single action in isolation - it may as well be Rich needing a heimlich or Anthony stuck in bear pit, same diff. It is trying to capture in numerical form a measure of your character. Are you the type that will help anyone or will you only help your friends/if there's something in it for you/if there is anyone to see you to give you credit.

The system is imperfect, sometimes measures seemingly odd things at odd times and take some short cuts, sure, but so does every game system. (e.g. How do you manufacture a siege tank with 100 minerals and 50 vespene gas, nevermind the crew. How TF can eating a chicken heal your wounds for 2 HP immediately - the only person for which that should work is Sandor "The Hound" Clegane.)

I explained in an earlier post how I interpret Affinity/Status. DPC's system works fine for me that way.

Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
episode 2, Dungeons and Gremlins: if RPjill > 2 she can cast heal.
Hold up you're telling me that my choices with Jill are having an effect my Dungeons and Gremlins experience? This is fantastic, can't wait for the next session. I knew that I spent so much time working on my D&G character for a reason.

She can’t take back the cash, she can’t legally force the money out of anyone (what’s she gonna do? Sue Camila for being a bad prostitute?). She could obviously refuse to pay their next tuition fee but she can’t kick them out and risk backlash and exposure of the scheme so her only option really is to double down and hope her next gamble pays enough to clear itself and her last gamble.
Do we actually know how this free tuition situation works at this point? Someone can correct me if we have other information but my best guess would still be that Burke is using his power to cook the books and simply mark the tuition as paid. What portion of the money from Quinn's restaurant goes to him or how many free samples he gets I don't know, but I would be surprised if Quinn was paying girls tuition upfront each semester.

Sorry, the system is arbitrary. There's no two ways about it.
At the risk of triggering a deluge of examples you feel prove otherwise the vast majority of gaming systems are arbitrary. The characters, production value and writing (in spots) may be enough to trigger a lot of interest and debate but it is still a game that requires such a system and not a novel. Remove the system and you basically get only a visual novel with even less choice.

The thing is if she is the one taking extra doses then she is screwing herself over surely she is smarter than that? And is well aware of any consequences of not getting all the money back in time. I just don't know for me the whole drug angle has just felt off.
Agreed - until we see the remaining episodes we can't say for sure, but at the moment it does not feel like DPC has a good handle on the drugs aspect of the story.

Dec 20, 2019
What portion of the money from Quinn's restaurant goes to him or how many free samples he gets I don't know, but I would be surprised if Quinn was paying girls tuition upfront each semester.
If he's getting his free samples from Quinn, and what he told Jade is true and the 3 girls are limited to the restaurant.. that means Riona, Melanie and Sarah. I doubt Quinn would throw herself in as a free sample and am not sure if Arieth and Elena are on the menu. Definitely leaving Heather out of the equation since she had only seen Tommy's dick.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I still don't get that I know Riona is a close friend and everything but why is Quinn letting her use up most of the drugs without paying for it?
She isn't that was just a lie on Quinn's part to Tommy. Riona is a lot more worried about coming up short than Quinn so it wouldn't make sense for her to just use all the product. Someone's been stealing from them or Quinn hasn't been selling enough which is why Quinn's trying to sell to the preps since she seemingly lost some DIK's as customers and the Jocks as well so she needs buyers. She just lied to Tommy to try to calm him if that's the right word I'm looking for to assure him that's it'll be alright.

stu241

May 24, 2020
View attachment 681205

Overview:
A young man from a low-income family moves away from his widowed father and his summer love to attend college at Burgmeister & Royce. As he is cast into freshman life and persuaded to join the up-and-coming fraternity Delta Iota Kappa, he'll be exposed to a new world filled with conflicts, alcohol, drugs and sex.
Thread Updated: 2020-06-12
Release Date: 2020-06-11
Developer: DrPinkCake - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.5.1
Language: English
Fan Art Thread: Here
Other game: Acting Lessons
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Trailer:

A lot of stuff has been going recently, so please read this before posting in this thread
The patch will upgrade your game from v0.4.0/v0.4.1/v0.4.2 or v0.5.0 to v0.5.1.

NOTE! Patch only works with unmodified Patreon versions (v0.4.0, v0.4.1, v0.4.2, v0.5.0). Patch instructions are included in the .zip file.

DOWNLOAD (v0.5.0)
Win/Linux: MEGA - - - - - - - - -
Mac: MEGA - - - - - -

Update only (0.4.0 -> 0.5.1)
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - - -
Mac: - - - MEGA -

Others :
COMPRESSED* - UNOFFICIAL ANDROID* - TORRENT(v0.5.0)*

Extras: Official Walkthrough - Walkthrough Ep.5 - Walkthrough Mod - "DETECTED MOD" ERROR FIX - FULL SAVE - Italian Translation - Vault Code - Special Render Guide(EP5)

Fan Sigs: - FAN SIGS2- FAN SIGS3 - FAN SIGS4
BaasB and hibc4 and Englen Thanks for the links.
*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 240790 View attachment 377599 View attachment 522505 View attachment 377598 View attachment 522506 View attachment 522507 View attachment 522522 View attachment 522510 View attachment 522511
View attachment 240796 View attachment 522531 View attachment 377600 View attachment 303181 View attachment 320612 View attachment 320599 View attachment 522512 View attachment 522513 View attachment 522514
This is my one the favorite game. Keep up the hard work man.

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
So what do you guys think the cliffhanger ending for episode 8 (end of season 2) will be?

- At his birthday party, surrounded by his father and LIs, MC opens the envelope from his mother. He gets a shocked look on his face, says "No way!" and smash cut to black.

- At his birthday party, surrounded by his father and LIs, the cops bust in and arrest the MC and Sage, having been framed by Quinn as the masterminds of the drug ring.

- At his birthday party, surrounded by his LIs, MC opens the front door to find Zoe standing there, wanting to resume their relationship.

- Same as above, but Zoe has MC's two year old son with her.

- Sage and Rusty are framed for various crimes and stripped of their presidencies, leaving the DIKs/HOTs under the control of Tommy/Quinn.

- Mona goes to a shadowy figure and tells him/her that she wants out of the prostitution/drug ring. Mona is murdered.

- Riona goes to Quinn and tells her that weed does nothing for her anymore. Quinn gives her a fix of heroin, but Riona overdoses and dies.

- Maya has a nasty argument with her father while Josy and MC are alone together, and attempts suicide.

- Josy and Maya have a nasty argument, and Josy attempts suicide.

- Isabella trusts MC enough to show him what's in the locked room. MC says "No way!" and smash cut to black.

- Isabella trusts MC enough to him what's in the locked room: a BDSM sex dungeon. The episode ends with MC strapped to a sex sawhorse while Bella plows his ass with a strap-on dildo. MC says that if you love someone enough, you'll do anything for them.

- MC fucks Jill, and Jill somehow finds out that MC was responsible for breaking into her room.

- There is no cliffhanger. Season 2 ends with repairs to the DIK house being completed and MC going home for the holidays. "Man, what a crazy semester! I wonder what will happen after Christmas break!"

Dec 20, 2019
So what do you guys think the cliffhanger ending for episode 8 (end of season 2) will be?

- At his birthday party, surrounded by his father and LIs, MC opens the envelope from his mother. He gets a shocked look on his face, says "No way!" and smash cut to black.

- At his birthday party, surrounded by his father and LIs, the cops bust in and arrest the MC and Sage, having been framed by Quinn as the masterminds of the drug ring.

- At his birthday party, surrounded by his LIs, MC opens the front door to find Zoe standing there, wanting to resume their relationship.

- Sage and Rusty are framed for various crimes and stripped of their presidencies, leaving the DIKs/HOTs under the control of Tommy/Quinn.

- Mona goes to a shadowy figure and tells him/her that she wants out of the prostitution/drug ring. Mona is murdered.

- Riona goes to Quinn and tells her that weed does nothing for her anymore. Quinn gives her a fix of heroin, but Riona overdoses and dies.

- Maya has a nasty argument with her father while Josy and MC are alone together, and attempts suicide.

- Isabella trusts MC enough to show him what's in the locked room. MC says "No way!" and smash cut to black.

- Isabella trusts MC enough to him what's in the locked room: a BDSM sex dungeon. The episode ends with MC strapped to a sex sawhorse while Bella plows his ass with a strap-on dildo. MC says that if you love someone enough, you'll do anything for them.

- MC fucks Jill, and Jill somehow finds out that MC was responsible for breaking into her room.

- There is no cliffhanger. Season 2 ends with repairs to the DIK house being completed and MC going home for the holidays. "Man, what a crazy semester! I wonder what will happen after Christmas break!"
The DIK mansion gets burned down and everyone either dies or standing outside naked and gaping at the burning mansion.

nordicjesus

Sep 4, 2019

Probably the last one.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So does Heather have a cool head on her shoulders or not? I thought she is but she has her own stash.

Tommy is an addict through and through. Here's an idea, Vinny supplies to Tommy, but dropped out / kicked out because Tommy got him into trouble, others might / might not know about it and it will rise its ugly head in the coming episodes.
Well, dating Tommy would be her first flaw not much lower you can go from there. :LOL:

If Vinny is the supplier then I'd agree that he is out because of the drugs and I'm thinking Rusty wasn't keen on the idea of that either so Vinny's had to go.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018

Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
If he's getting his free samples from Quinn, and what he told Jade is true and the 3 girls are limited to the restaurant.. that means Riona, Melanie and Sarah. I doubt Quinn would throw herself in as a free sample and am not sure if Arieth and Elena are on the menu. Definitely leaving Heather out of the equation since she had only seen Tommy's dick.
I doubt we can trust what Burke is saying to try to calm Jade as truth. We already know he's dumb enough to cheat on the best older woman in the game, he's likely lying too. If anything knowing Burke's nature and given one of the touchstones this game is based on I'd say he's using Stifler's version of the rule of 3 to try to make it seem less bad.

Arieth, Elena and Heather aren't on the menu I don't think. All of them with boyfriends and it would probably be hard for Quinn to get Arieth to understand the concept of the restaurant and collecting money. And Quinn is obviously a free sample only available to the MC.

Dec 20, 2019
Arieth, Elena and Heather aren't on the menu I don't think. All of them with boyfriends and it would probably be hard for Quinn to get Arieth to understand the concept of the restaurant and collecting money. And Quinn is obviously a free sample only available to the MC.
Well Arieth is giving an eat-all-you-can sample, to anyone. I'm surprised if she didn't ask Burke to "come around".

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Do we actually know how this free tuition situation works at this point? Someone can correct me if we have other information but my best guess would still be that Burke is using his power to cook the books and simply mark the tuition as paid. What portion of the money from Quinn's restaurant goes to him or how many free samples he gets I don't know, but I would be surprised if Quinn was paying girls tuition upfront each semester.
We know almost nothing about the details of the free tuition. We know it's rumored, and we know Quinn has tacitly promised it to Maya and Mona (and presumably Camila). That's about all we can say for sure.

If only the MC had asked about it when Sage was explaining how sororities are supposed to work. (I'm not complaining that he didn't, but it could have answered so many questions!)

At the risk of triggering a deluge of examples you feel prove otherwise the vast majority of gaming systems are arbitrary. The characters, production value and writing (in spots) may be enough to trigger a lot of interest and debate but it is still a game that requires such a system and not a novel. Remove the system and you basically get only a visual novel with even less choice.
All game systems are abstractions, and they invariably have flaws. But there is a difference between a flawed abstraction and an arbitrary one. A flawed system has a relatively clear set of rules that govern it, even if sometimes the outcomes don't match the rules. An arbitrary system has either no rules, or has a very complex set of rules with lots of exceptions.

The affinity system is already hamstrung by having to conflate sexual immorality, aggressive violence and drug use. But even then, the clearest rules for what constitutes a Major Choice I can come up with is something like the following: decisions that can lead to soliciting prostitution, starting an affair with someone in a romantic relationship [except with a main LI], the chance to run away from a fight when possible [possible being somewhat vague], the decision to turn down non-alcohol drugs forever.

That's not exactly a smooth set of rules, and it still leaves out the decision to forgive Steve. I'm just chalking that up as a one-time flaw, because there are so many counterexamples of the MC holding a grudge (repeatedly saying he hates the Jocks, hard feelings against Quinn, hiding behind Karen Rebecca Johnson instead of talking to Maya) or giving people second chances (trying to defend Chad, no hard feelings against Quinn, forgiving Maya/Josy/Jill/Maya again).

So yeah, in my opinion the easiest way to define why something is a major choice is that DPC said it was. That's fine, this is his game. But it it makes the system feel like a game mechanic more than an attempt to really flesh out who the MC is. That, to me, is arbitrary.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes