Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020
Speaking about the game and his future, we all try to imagine what DPC has in mind. I've read some theories, some are plausible, others are more fanciful, but that's ok, imagination has no limits !The funnier is that we are probably all wrong !!

So, even if the story may have some « plotholes » or inconstencies, I think that DPC is making a really good job, otherwise would it be more than 3400 pages in this forum ?? He has shown us with Acting Lessons that he can have a real talent for dramatic turn of events. Who would have suspected Leah to be such a sicko ?
So who is the Leah in BADIK ?

First of all, who's the target ? After Episode 5, many are those who think that it's the DIK's fraternity. I don't. Everyone is manipulated here.

1/ the anonymous photographs : it's clearly a provocation, but not from the DIKs. It sounds more like a kind of blackmail to maintain war between Jocks and Diks.

2/ Kathy's photograph and the hack of the Diks account : the Diks can't be involved, it's inconceivable, it's too dangerous for the fraternity. I think the Jocks can't be either guilty, it's too obvious. There too, everything is done to maintain the war and increase the tension.

3/ The destruction of the Diks's house : the Jocks are ideal suspects. But remember that they are under surveillance, after the fight with Chad. There is a huge target on their back. I don't think they are so stupid.

There must be another explanation, someone who wants to destroy the Jocks, because I think they are the real target (or almost some of them).

There is no good story without a good « bad » caracter. I bet he (or she) is well-known, as a character who's more or less next to the MC.

On the dark side of the force, Quinn is the perfect suspect. Too much perfect for me, and I don't see any reason for her to destroy any fraternity, it may also destroy a part of her business.
Sage is more interesting. She is the HOTs president, but Quinn is much more present... We know that she is mad about Chad, she is able to spy him (remember the binoculars) or to persuade MC to do so. Sage could be our new Leah...
On the other part, we have Jill and Bella, on the full chick path. There is a lot of mystery around them : their relation, Bella's husband, the closed door, etc...

Just notice that it seems to be a point in common to all the 3 situations (anonymous photographs, Kathy's sexy picture and Diks's house destruction).
Who's on the photographs ?
Who's present in the Diks house when their laptop is stolen to post Cathy's picture ?
Who's the only HOT in the Jocks house while the others are with the Preps ?

Arieth !!!!

Is she as stupid as she seems, or, maybe.... ?

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
I can see Vinny being associated with a few of our "Drama's".
#2 The mysterious letters - If the pics were put on the DIK's laptop then see #1
Aireth photos sure, but it is unlikely that the dirt on Chad is on the laptop. All the DIKs would know his secret - in which case hard to see it not spreading as gossip through the entire campus or being used against him long before now.

#1 The posting of the Cathy pic - If the DIK's didn't change the password, Vinny might still have access. Still needs an accomplice to have taken it though.
- The laptop was found in the library, Vinny's old room. His old maggot brother was also skulking in there. Vinny probably still has keys to the Mansion, including the patio door key to his old room and the DIKs don't look the type who are diligent about changing the locks ...

- nor in changing the combination to their safe. DPC wouldn't leave the picture behind which the safe was hidden askew for no purpose. Did Vinny also take something from the safe? :illuminati:

#3 The trashing of the DIK house - What if we are looking/blaming some of this stuff on the AAA's.
If Vinny was the one who did it, then it's not malice. From his perspective, that's not a trashing - it's home improvement :KEK:

Dec 20, 2019
Aireth photos sure, but it is unlikely that the dirt on Chad is on the laptop. All the DIKs would know his secret - in which case hard to see it not spreading as gossip through the entire campus or being used against him long before now.

- The laptop was found in the library, Vinny's old room. His old maggot brother was also skulking in there. Vinny probably still has keys to the Mansion, including the patio door key to his old room and the DIKs don't look the type who are diligent about changing the locks ...

- nor in changing the combination to their safe. DPC wouldn't leave the picture behind which the safe was hidden askew for no purpose. Did Vinny also take something from the safe? :illuminati:

If Vinny was the one who did it, then it's not malice. From his perspective, that's not a trashing - it's home improvement :KEK:
If what you said is correct, then MC's wasting time fixing the place, since Vinny still has the key and can come back to do a Gordon Ramsey make over.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
It's interesting to me, compared to murder, selling pot and pimping are way lower crimes in the statutes of virtually every country on earth.

We've seen Luna (DeLuca) murder several people and still love her. Probably done a fair bit ourselves from Skyrim to GTA.

Selling pot is barely a felony, and according to Rap songs Pimping is supposedly "Kool."

Yet Quinn is eVil InCARnAte. Not to me :p

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Speaking about the game and his future, we all try to imagine what DPC has in mind. I've read some theories, some are plausible, others are more fanciful, but that's ok, imagination has no limits !The funnier is that we are probably all wrong !!

So, even if the story may have some « plotholes » or inconstencies, I think that DPC is making a really good job, otherwise would it be more than 3400 pages in this forum ?? He has shown us with Acting Lessons that he can have a real talent for dramatic turn of events. Who would have suspected Leah to be such a sicko ?
So who is the Leah in BADIK ?

First of all, who's the target ? After Episode 5, many are those who think that it's the DIK's fraternity. I don't. Everyone is manipulated here.

1/ the anonymous photographs : it's clearly a provocation, but not from the DIKs. It sounds more like a kind of blackmail to maintain war between Jocks and Diks.

2/ Kathy's photograph and the hack of the Diks account : the Diks can't be involved, it's inconceivable, it's too dangerous for the fraternity. I think the Jocks can't be either guilty, it's too obvious. There too, everything is done to maintain the war and increase the tension.

3/ The destruction of the Diks's house : the Jocks are ideal suspects. But remember that they are under surveillance, after the fight with Chad. There is a huge target on their back. I don't think they are so stupid.

There must be another explanation, someone who wants to destroy the Jocks, because I think they are the real target (or almost some of them).

There is no good story without a good « bad » caracter. I bet he (or she) is well-known, as a character who's more or less next to the MC.

On the dark side of the force, Quinn is the perfect suspect. Too much perfect for me, and I don't see any reason for her to destroy any fraternity, it may also destroy a part of her business.
Sage is more interesting. She is the HOTs president, but Quinn is much more present... We know that she is mad about Chad, she is able to spy him (remember the binoculars) or to persuade MC to do so. Sage could be our new Leah...
On the other part, we have Jill and Bella, on the full chick path. There is a lot of mystery around them : their relation, Bella's husband, the closed door, etc...

Just notice that it seems to be a point in common to all the 3 situations (anonymous photographs, Kathy's sexy picture and Diks's house destruction).
Who's on the photographs ?
Who's present in the Diks house when their laptop is stolen to post Cathy's picture ?
Who's the only HOT in the Jocks house while the others are with the Preps ?

Arieth !!!!

Is she as stupid as she seems, or, maybe.... ?
I bet my money on either Jill or even Bella ... both so unsuspicious that it is conspicuous! Also they surely have the intellect and intelligence to pull such a huge scheme off! We also know or at least are led to believe that they are kind of damaged goods - so to speak ... would not surprise me, but I must confess it would be terrible since they are both my main LI´s!!

Reactions: Laurelin

Alexis_1

Jun 11, 2018
When you play without minigames you get money from free roams, they usually have some laying around same as the special renders.

I play without minigames and had money for Riona but if you have no money at that part the only way would be reloading older saves and looking around in the previous episodes free roams, I think the DIK party free roam doesn't have any though, must be before that.

You can get 4$ in the next free roam after Riona (2$ in Tybalt's room and 2$ in the room you find the suit) so you will have money for the next two scenes that need it (they can be free depending on affinity).
Yes, I thought so. In the ass, these mini-games. They only distract from the main events. Can anyone know a cheat code for generating money?

Red469

May 18, 2018
Always been the case since AL myself and Red469 had discussed all the situations long story short after Mel's Dad got in the house the MC should have been more alert with regards to the house but that's for another thread. It's just something you have to get used to with DPC some things won't add up maybe he hopes we don't notice. But sometimes common sense goes a miss in his games.
Mr Mor... now you do mean UNcommon sense dont you?

I am sorry I don't mean to irritate or piss people off (Stark9999999). I just have a very logical orientated mind and little things like that drive me CRAZY! I realize that it's a story but make it work, don't go all magical soundless breaking glass, or pictures taken from impossible angles, or just straight up stupid ways/things that happen. That's just bad writing and a lack of creativity. It's a weakness that can be corrected not just "hand wave" away.
Mr Spock... you are not alone...
Sometimes it feels that logic has no place here...

Used to be a really good poster on here way back before 0.3 was a fan of DPC but he was seeing a lot of plotholes always had a keen eye for those so you ain't alone. But needless to say, if you are going to stick through this you are just going to have to grin and bear it hopefully it doesn't become anything too far fetched.
too far fetched... LMAO... Seriously mate, What exactly would you call TOO Far fetched?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll probably just end up being driven crazy and quit following the game. I only follow like a handful of games on here. I delete more than I keep just because I can only stand so much stupidity before I just mentally check out.
you picked the wrong vn if you feel that way... Look at how the vn starts...: Are you easily offended?

Yeah it's easier said than done tbh I'm quite invested in the story despite all the plotholes like I said it would have to take something extremely stupid to happen or a repeat of AL to happen for me to reconsider.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's nice to see that Quinn is every bit as incompetent as always in this episode.

Quinn has so far been able to run her businesses without Sage knowing about them because she has her complete trust. So naturally, Quinn thinks that the best thing to do now is to give Sage reason to doubt her by breaking a deal with the DIKs in order to create an opportunity for herself to make money by selling drugs to the preps.

This plan of Quinn's has the added effect of angering her partner in crime Tommy, who had trusted her to bring the HOTs to his party as was promised. The payoff for Quinn is... well... not much really. Turns out that the preps weren't interested in buying what she was selling. They wanted cocaine, while she's trying to sell cannabis. So this seems like a bit of an oversight on her part, considering the well known stereotype is that rich folk like coke.

Fortunately, she has her other business to fall back on. Her takeout service is now a delivery service, but it doesn't really pan out for her either. Camilla responds to your proposition by saying that Quinn would be angry if she gave something away for free, right before she gives it away for free. A short while later, we see Mona run out of a room shouting that she can't go through with something. What that something is, isn't spelled out, but it ain't hard to figure out. Camilla runs after Mona in a panic, while Burke exits seconds later while wearing those pinstripe pants you might remember spotting through that bathroom glory hole back in chapter one if you looked in there immediately after Quinn and Riona walked out.

So the day ends with Sage mad at Quinn, Tommy mad at Quinn, and everyone involved with Quinn worried that Mona might spill the beans. Unfazed by it all, Quinn takes everything in stride and comes up with a master plan to set everything right. Just kidding, she ends the day by getting high on her own supply.

I had previously complained about how much I hated the fact that the game didn't allow us to retaliate against Quinn in any way shape or form, despite the game giving us two perfect opportunities to effortlessly ruin her plans. But now, I'm starting to think that just sitting back and watching her ruin herself might be more entertaining. I'm not sure how much deeper she can dig this hole before everything collapses in on her, but at this rate she shouldn't last past the end of the season.
As the cops say: Give the unsub enough rope to hang themselves and sit back and watch the show...
Some of it can be Beyond hilarious to watch as it unfolds....

I honestly think people should hold back on reviews I mean things could change further down the line and you've left it a 10 out of 10 but I guess a lot of people are basing it on the looks and replayability rather than the plotholes.
Mr Mor... FYI Reviews ARE Editable... I have had reason to reconsider my review of a few vns once completed, some for a positive others for Not....

Just saying... jus cuz you vote dont mean you canna change it later...

Reactions: Mormont

Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020
I bet my money on either Jill or even Bella ... both so unsuspicious that it is conspicuous! Also they surely have the intellect and intelligence to pull such a huge scheme off! We also know or at least are led to believe that they are kind of damaged goods - so to speak ... would not surprise me, but I must confess it would be terrible since they are both my main LI´s!!
I have thought about it... But it would be a Leah-like scenario (Acting Lessons) and Jill is so much adorable !! She has the perfect psychopath profile, just as Leah ! And more, she have enough money to pay guys (including security guards) to do the dirty job !
And I also agree that it would be a terrible ending (I like Jill very much, even if I prefer Josy) and, after all, a bit disappointing because too similar to Acting Lessons.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don’t see why choices should be restricted to only the main 5 women.
It's just the way it is tbh the curse of the side girls a lot of side girls in games are better than the main ones and I totally understand but DPC is going to be more invested in the 5 the other girls are just going to be playing a role in the story and that's probably all we will get.

Yet Quinn is eVil InCARnAte. Not to me
She was the cause of everything to others in the previous update the logic on that was something bad is happening it must be all Quinn's doing :ROFLMAO:

Mr Mor... now you do mean UNcommon sense dont you?
Of course no such thing as common sense in DPC world.

Laurelin

Apr 3, 2020
Just for fun, another subject, another debate (not very important, I agree :p) : why is MC still wanting to have his dorm in the Diks house ?
We know that it was one of his greatest motivations to pledge in the beginning, but now ?
If he is on the Sage route, I can't believe she will come and live with MC in his place. It would sound like a real provocation for Chad and the AAA, and, if she sincerely likes MC (but does she ?), the situation would be unbearable for her. So her place would be more discreet, especially for love/sex scenes.

On the opposite route, I can't imagine Jill coming into the Diks house, and it's even worse for Bella. So each love scene would take place in Jill's dorm or Bella's house.

Finally, on the Josy/Maya path, IN WICH FUCK*ING WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO SLEEP ELSEWHERE THAN HERE :
Sleep2.jpg !!!!!!
So ?

Dec 20, 2019
It's interesting to me, compared to murder, selling pot and pimping are way lower crimes in the statutes of virtually every country on earth.

We've seen Luna (DeLuca) murder several people and still love her. Probably done a fair bit ourselves from Skyrim to GTA.

Selling pot is barely a felony, and according to Rap songs Pimping is supposedly "Kool."

Yet Quinn is eVil InCARnAte. Not to me :p
It's just the way it is tbh the curse of the side girls a lot of side girls in games are better than the main ones and I totally understand but DPC is going to be more invested in the 5 the other girls are just going to be playing a role in the story and that's probably all we will get.

She was the cause of everything to others in the previous update the logic on that was something bad is happening it must be all Quinn's doing :ROFLMAO:

Of course no such thing as common sense in DPC world.
Quinn's a frequent liar, I cannot handle liars. I do not know how to read between the lines, therefore I do not know how to nor want to deal with Quinn. Too bad. Riona on the other hand...

Reactions: Ilhares

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Quinn's a frequent liar, I cannot handle liars. I do not know how to read between the lines, therefore I do not know how to nor want to deal with Quinn. Too bad. Riona on the other hand...
Well, the thing is at least we know what she is all about she could be saying something to us which tries to lower our guard and then trying to stab us in the back the next it's just the package we get with Quinn.

Reactions: Red469

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Just for fun, another subject, another debate (not very important, I agree :p) : why is MC still wanting to have his dorm in the Diks house ?
We know that it was one of his greatest motivations to pledge in the beginning, but now ?
Probably because the game is called "Being a DIK" and the story has to find some way to motivate him to join the frat.

It's still a strange plot contrivance, though, as his main motivation seemed to be that he simply needed to find another room to stay in after the Troy incident because he kept going on about needing a more "permanent" solution to his living arrangements. But, he already seemed to have such a solution; Maya's room. The exchange student that was supposed be Maya's roommate never showed up and her room was considered to have an available bed which is why Josy was assigned it when she arrived (a convenient plot device).

screenshot0092.png

I'm guessing this college must have some policy against co-ed room sharing which is why neither the MC or Maya thought to try and make this the more "permanent" solution the MC was talking about. Of course, once Josy showed up this would probably have meant he'd be looking for another room anyway, especially on the non-throuple path, but I'm sure he could have found a room eventually as they must have had some spare for the "rejects" and it shouldn't be too hard to shuffle things around if necessary.

I guess this is just one of those things where you have to shut off the brain and accept what the story is rather than logically think through how it doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: Laurelin

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
If he is on the Sage route, I can't believe she will come and live with MC in his place. It would sound like a real provocation for Chad and the AAA, and, if she sincerely likes MC (but does she ?), the situation would be unbearable for her. So her place would be more discreet, especially for love/sex scenes.

On the opposite route, I can't imagine Jill coming into the Diks house, and it's even worse for Bella. So each love scene would take place in Jill's dorm or Bella's house.

Finally, on the Josy/Maya path, IN WICH FUCK*ING WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO SLEEP ELSEWHERE THAN HERE :
View attachment 693407 !!!!!!
So ?
It makes sense for him to want to have his residence in a well appointed frat(once fixed up) rather than a poor dorm room.
Don’t see why sage couldn’t visit as fuck buddy
Even on the maya/Josy your own private room once he gets a bed is better than a crowded dorm.
What I do wonder is how he is going to handle the mc’s sleeping arrangements going forward.
Up to now it’s been plot contrivances that have driven Mc to Maya’s, Bella/sage/Derek, jill’s & back to Bella’s. It will be strange if that continues.

Reactions: MelonGod

Dec 20, 2019
It makes sense for him to want to have his residence in a well appointed frat(once fixed up) rather than a poor dorm room.
Don’t see why sage couldn’t visit as fuck buddy
Even on the maya/Josy your own private room once he gets a bed is better than a crowded dorm.
What I do wonder is how he is going to handle the mc’s sleeping arrangements going forward.
Up to now it’s been plot contrivances that have driven Mc to Maya’s, Bella/sage/Derek, jill’s & back to Bella’s. It will be strange if that continues.
He will not get his room yet since he needs to clean it up and renovate it. So he will continue to live like a hobo and stay at whoever you chose to stay with at the end of Episode 3.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It probably will though when you consider that the mansion is trashed, his room was already a mess, and any money that might have gone on fixing up his room now has to be used to fix up the mansion. So it doesn't look like he'll be moving in any time soon unless he's willing to slum it out in an uncomfortable sleeping arrangement at the mansion.

However, once everything gets sorted, there's nothing to stop the MC from sleeping in other people's beds when sex is involved. It wouldn't be as much of a contrivance anymore if he spends the occasional night with M&J, Sage, Bella, and even Jill once all those relationships have reached the sex stage.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
However the whole point of a VN is its's a Virtual Novel. That means telling a story
Well you are in the right place then!

Disclaimer - these numbers are "impressions." If anyone wants to research all 6K on here one by one, please, be my guest

Excluding non-VNs like trainers, real porn and such, of the games here, seems like:

10% are lesbian/gay or gay furries - don't know about them, different target market to those playing BaDIK I'd think

20% have rings/artifacts/superpowers/chems to mind control people. - They all try hard to make the MC the good guy. Sorry folks, if you mind control rape people like the Gift or DoD etc. you're not a good guy. Story fail right there. MC is a hypocrite; calling other people who want to use it evil, yet using it himself. (Only game that uses that gimmick properly - where you are the villain of the story is the excellent "Strange Nights.")

10% are fem protag games where you stumble around getting fucked by assorted randoms - not a story, more like "Real housewives" commissioned by Pornhub

50% are variations of "Dad's dead, you go live with mom and two sisters" - not a story. At best that's a reality show - if said show was being made in Alabama.

This isn't a knock on any of the above, I've played many of them, some I've liked. It just means that there's only about 10% of games that are attempting to tell a real story to begin with. These in turn are spread out between parodies, Medieval/Fantasy, Sci-fi and contemporary. That's not a lot, and BaDIK is one of the better ones. If we also take production values into account, BaDIK is easily, easily at least top5.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Probably because the game is called "Being a DIK" and the story has to find some way to motivate him to join the frat.

It's still a strange plot contrivance, though, as his main motivation seemed to be that he simply needed to find another room to stay in after the Troy incident because he kept going on about needing a more "permanent" solution to his living arrangements. But, he already seemed to have such a solution; Maya's room. The exchange student that was supposed be Maya's roommate never showed up and her room was considered to have an available bed which is why Josy was assigned it when she arrived (a convenient plot device).

View attachment 693426

I'm guessing this college must have some policy against co-ed room sharing which is why neither the MC or Maya thought to try and make this the more "permanent" solution the MC was talking about. Of course, once Josy showed up this would probably have meant he'd be looking for another room anyway, especially on the non-throuple path, but I'm sure he could have found a room eventually as they must have had some spare for the "rejects" and it shouldn't be too hard to shuffle things around if necessary.

I guess this is just one of those things where you have to shut off the brain and accept what the story is rather than logically think through how it doesn't make much sense.
The MC did originally suggest becoming Maya's official roommate; at the time Maya was against it, and it was never revisited once the two became a de facto couple. It's still possible this would have been against B&R policy, but either way it does feel more than a little contrived that the MC continues to bemoan the lack of a permanent room while refusing to do more than blindly hope that will change.

It's probably just too convenient to DPC to keep the MC's situation in flux. That way he can crash wherever the plot needs him to, whenever it's convenient. Plus, a CHICK-ish MC can continue to participate in DIK activities on the grounds that he needs somewhere to live. Ideally these sorts of contrivances would fade away once the proper plot is in motion, but this particular one stubbornly refuses to die.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes