Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
So how long has Tommy wanted to bang Josy?
Probably since their parents got together, but I'm not sure if Josy told the MC when her parents got divorced or her dad started dating/got remarried (she may have said, but I don't remember). He has been at college for 2 years, so it was most likely some time before that.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Probably since their parents got together, but I'm not sure if Josy told the MC when her parents got divorced or her dad started dating/got remarried (she may have said, but I don't remember). He has been at college for 2 years, so it was most likely some time before that.
Does it seem to you like Tommy is being set up to be

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Angry
Reactions: Shades19

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
Does it seem to you like Tommy is being set up to be

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think Tommy will be antagonistic, at least for a while. Not sure how serious the conflict will be or if it will end up with him and the MC becoming friends at some point. I don't see Tommy ending up being a major threat other than setting the MC up for something (he doesn't seem to be a fighter and being a killer seems unlikely). I could see him revealing the MC running around with all the other women on campus, but Josy and Maya could easily learn that from lots of sources including the other Hots. If the MC gets with Heather then there wouldn't likely be any reconciliation with Tommy and he'd probably do as much damage as he could.

I would suspect any real danger for the MC or other characters would come from the drug dealers Quinn is dealing with, although if the prediction of 16-20 episodes holds up I wouldn't expect that threat to mature for a while. There's a lot of speculation and I think DPC encourages that by putting in things people could assume mean various things (like the MCs comment when he kissed Bella in the library). I imagine after the next episode several theories will come back around and new ones will start popping up too. If nothing else all the speculation gives the fan population plenty to talk about while waiting for updates.

Edit: Don't think I answered the question. I don't really think so, but the game makes just about anything possible at this point.

D

Deleted member 2739658

Episode 4 may only cover 2 days, but I think it still manages to pull its weight.

With the branching paths we get a chance for another visit with the Pink Rose, wall-to-wall HOT vignettes, or more Bella buildup. We also get our first data with Jill (including notable character development and the closest shes had to a lewd scene), official FWB status with Sage, the long await tryst with Jade, and of course, Karen Rebecca Johnson. It obviously focused heavily on the Maya & Josy drama (possibly too heavily, especially given the flopped resolution), but it did advance other threads.

Episode 5, on the other hand, pretty much focused only on the MC's having lots of sex. We got a boatload of lewd scenes, but the actual relationships with the LIs are more or less where they were when we started the episode. Likewise, the few advancements to main plot threads we do get (like the destruction of the DIK mansion, or the MC officially joining the DIKs) feel empty because the status of the DIKs is so unexplained we have no idea what it means to be a DIK anymore.

In short, I think the fact that Episode 5 covers so little time is a symptom of the problem, not the actual cause.
It's true that Ep5 only covered 2 days, but I think it resolved quite a lot depending on which path you chose. If you're pursuing Sage as your main LI it advances your relationship significantly and if you didn't enter the threesome with M&J you can learn some important info that may help you pursue a relationship with Josy.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Additionally, if the MC's family are the Burgmeisters, it adds certain interesting wrinkles to the story.
  • Rusty is now cut off from him his family money to use for the DIKs, but then the MC would have access to that same money and it could drive a wedge between him and Rusty and possibly even the DIKs if he chooses not to tell them or use the money to support the DIKs like how it was before
  • The MC knows Maya needs tuition so he would now have the means to help her, but he could also choose not to
  • Quinn is in need of money as well, albeit for reasons unknown to the MC, so she could manipulate/blackmail/seduce him into being her sugar daddy and solving her financial issues
  • Jill might look upon him differently because I think she likes the fact that he's not a rich legacy like most of the people she seems to know, and she might be concerned that this new found wealth will change him
  • EDIT: We also have the added benefit of pissing off Tybalt because this once poor nobody who Jill is interested in is now a somebody with a very important family name.
all the aspects that being a Burgmeister would add to the story are essentially related to being rich, not to the surname.
which by the way is not even a certain consequence, MC could also discover that he is a Burgmeister but this would not necessarily lead to having access to their wealth.

moreover most of these evolutions would be quite negative, MC for now is one who solves problems, so he would become one who pays to solve them, a spoiled one like Rusty, one who buys Maya's gratitude ...

I don't think the plot gains anything from this minor "twist".
that MC is linked to a rich family is an established fact already now.

I make 2 hypotheses, based strictly on nothing:
1) MC's family could be a business rival of the Royce, or at least in contrast to them. this hypothesis would add difficulties to the relationship with Jill also smoothing out the social difference
2) MC's family is ready to welcome him as long as he moves away from his father, who remains frowned upon. MC thinks about it and finally refuses. More drama, happy ending

I think Tommy will be antagonistic, at least for a while. Not sure how serious the conflict will be or if it will end up with him and the MC becoming friends at some point. I don't see Tommy ending up being a major threat other than setting the MC up for something (he doesn't seem to be a fighter and being a killer seems unlikely). I could see him revealing the MC running around with all the other women on campus, but Josy and Maya could easily learn that from lots of sources including the other Hots. If the MC gets with Heather then there wouldn't likely be any reconciliation with Tommy and he'd probably do as much damage as he could.

I would suspect any real danger for the MC or other characters would come from the drug dealers Quinn is dealing with, although if the prediction of 16-20 episodes holds up I wouldn't expect that threat to mature for a while. There's a lot of speculation and I think DPC encourages that by putting in things people could assume mean various things (like the MCs comment when he kissed Bella in the library). I imagine after the next episode several theories will come back around and new ones will start popping up too. If nothing else all the speculation gives the fan population plenty to talk about while waiting for updates.

Edit: Don't think I answered the question. I don't really think so, but the game makes just about anything possible at this point.
right now it seems to me that there are still no characters designated solely as antagonists.

Quinn and Tommy are definitely the least friendly characters with the most dark sides, but they haven't yet taken that step that would make them MC's nemesis.

between these two it is more likely that a clash, even physical, will take place with Tommy, but I believe there will also be a sort of redemption here

Last edited:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
12-16 hours at most. Not even 1 full day for ep 5.
I think the Events take place over 24 hours. By the time you get the jacket and are in the library I think it’s night again (could be wrong). I’d imagine next episode gameplay will start on Monday morning, perhaps in maths or English. Feels a long time since MC had an actual class lol.

So how long has Tommy wanted to bang Josy?
Its an interesting question. Josy is hot, I’m not sure how long they’ve been a family. The age difference should suggest he wouldn’t have been in to her when they first met, for example 17-14 is very different to 21-18. It could really be a familial relationship. That said we don’t know who is the main ‘family come first’ person in the DIKs. Could very well be Tommy. If that’s the case I can’t imagine he wants To fuck Josy, just on principal.

If he wasn’t such a tosser I’d feel bad that his sister is definitely going to getting The best fucks of her life down in the library. LoL

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
We've been over this before

1. It's not within Neil's character from what we've seen to keep something so important from his son especially when there's no good reason for it, your wishful thinking based off other forms of media isn't ample reasoning especially when there's zero evidence in game to support it.

2. Lets say that MC is a Burgmeister and his father chose hide it from him why not the fact his mother comes from big money in the first place?. The truth is MC wouldn't care too much about his lineage he'd be more hurt by his Father keeping something like that from him. MC didn't care much when he found out Jill was a Royce despite the fact that she tried to hide it from him. There's very little that would change with MC being a B vs another rich family. There's already a Burgmeister on campus that MC knows & associates with. Him being another would only add some shitty soap opera level drama of which this game has plenty of and doesn't need.
Lol but we need the drama, there has to be drama!!!!!!
Mc is actually both Burgmeister and Royce. He is the reincarnation of thr first Burgmeister and Royce combined. He is the chosen one. You'll see, you'll see... I have absolutely nothing based on when I say that, but I know it okay? I don't need to have a base when I theorize, I will write 10 paragraphs of nonsense about it instrad

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
Oh damn, I wanted to play with the playthrough where I rejected to sleep with Josy cause I wanted to stay faithful to Maya
I was playing last night at a point in the story where you choose to be with Josy on the night you go visit her and was thinking. Should you turn her down and not stay the night, and not be pursuing Maya (I know there's thing's between them story wise that have to happen) So if you don't sleep with Maya then there isn't cheating right? So does that some how lessen the impact in the big reveal at the end of Ep3? Since the MC hasn't gotten too involved. (I have't played it through yet but just wondering)
Also - A more random question to put out there, who are the two business chaps in the Prep Mansion in Ep5? I'm guessing "Red Haired Guest" is Sage' Dad and the other guy, "Blonde Guest" would maybe be Jill' Dad...? They have similar eyes. And he shoots the MC a pretty odd and somewhat menacing stare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver-Argus

Miskatonic81

Aug 2, 2020
Being a Burgmeister might add some legitimacy to your relationship with Jill when you tell her parents, but yeah I don't think it really adds much to the story. Jill being a Royce didn't really mean much to me either, I mean it's the name on the college big deal.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
The way I see it, we have 3 options:
The way i see it is that every options are about blaming the grandparents exclusively and thus making certain that the nimbus of dad remain unblemished. As if dad must be the good guy in this story and so the grandparents have to be the bad ones, yes? No.

This idea deals with that 50% if them grandparents are to blame. I sign these. Sure thing no problem but this just 3 options from the angle IF they are the culprit here. What if dad is to blame.

Dad is a saint is seemingly hard coded in the fanbase here yet i prefer a more pragmatic approach. I will buy the "Elitist Grandparent" explanation as soon as we meet them and they prove it to be correct. Untill then lets not forget that it is Dad who keeps us away from them and not the other way around. It is dad who prevents us from making a judgement call. We are old enough. He could have said that okay, lets make a visit and you can see for yourself. But he isn't exactly eager to let us make the connection now is he.

We were a child before so yes, why not. But we aren't anymore. The reason we don't care about our grandparents.. is him. Solely. He instilled the idea in us that they are the bad guys. Nothing proves them to be beside his words. They aren't able to defend themselves or even put up a counter arguement now can they so we are left to believe whatever dad says. A very convenient position to be in.

Its very easy to manipluate the reader/player if the player believes everything the narration says while it was told from the point of view of an in-game character. The idea here is that players think the writer wants to tell the hidden truth. I can't tell you how many times i tricked my players with such false narratives. It always works. They always expect likable NPCs to tell the truth as if they know the truth and have no other agenda beside transmitting storyteller info.

I see the same here :sneaky: What if dad has reasons to hide the past because he fears he'd lose us if he'd tell. Is afraid to come clean. Its a very legitimate fear for a parent. What if he himself never came to terms with that past. He couldn't let himself fall apart he had a son to raise. Not everyone crumbles under such pressure but the meantime keeps it in the closet unable to burry it for good. I suspect skeletons in dad's closet. But its just me.

Last edited:

Kinvarus

May 23, 2020
"Son, you're a Royce. I'm sorry I never told you, I didn't think you needed to know."
MC pulls Jill into frame
"Dad, this is my girlfriend Jill. Jill Royce, we've been fooling around for a while and think I'm falling in love with her."
Dad's eyes go wide in horror
"So uh yeah evidently Dad, turns out I kinda did need to know, now this is all kinds of fucked up so thanks for that."

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
"Son, you're a Royce. I'm sorry I never told you, I didn't think you needed to know."
MC pulls Jill into frame
"Dad, this is my girlfriend Jill. Jill Royce, we've been fooling around for a while and think I'm falling in love with her."
Dad's eyes go wide in horror
"So uh yeah evidently Dad, turns out I kinda did need to know, now this is all kinds of fucked up so thanks for that."
Second cousins are not incest! All is good. Let the fun commence! ..come now, dad, don't be so old-school, i will use a condom.

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
I see the same here :sneaky: What if dad has reasons to hide the past because he fears he'd lose us if he'd tell. Is afraid to come clean. Its a very legitimate fear for a parent. What if he himself never came to terms with that past. He couldn't let himself fall apart he had a son to raise. Not everyone crumbles under such pressure but the meantime keeps it in the closet unable to burry it for good. I suspect skeletons in dad's closet. But its just me.
This is very interesting. Do we know how old the MC is? I don't recall reading an exact age. I would think his upcoming Birthday would be his 21st thus whatever is in the letter has been set up for years maybe even before he was born and by law the Dad is sworn to secrecy until he "Comes of age" at 21. The Dad did say that the letter was nothing to worry about and he did open it before you even asked him to so i'm not sure it's even something that will be that big of a deal?

Reactions: Silver-Argus

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The way i see it is that every options are about blaming the grandparents exclusively and thus making certain that the nimbus of dad remain unblemished. As if dad must be the good guy in this story and so the grandparents have to be the bad ones, yes? No.

This idea deals with that 50% if them grandparents are to blame. I sign these. Sure thing no problem but this just 3 options from the angle IF they are the culprit here. What if dad is to blame.

Dad is a saint is seemingly hard coded in the fanbase here yet i prefer a more pragmatic approach. I will buy the "Elitist Grandparent" explanation as soon as we meet them and they prove it to be correct. Untill then lets not forget that it is Dad who keeps us away from them and not the other way around. It is dad who prevents us from making a judgement call. We are old enough. He could have said that okay, lets make a visit and you can see for yourself. But he isn't exactly eager to let us make the connection now is he.

We were a child before so yes, why not. But we aren't anymore. The reason we don't care about our grandparents.. is him. Solely. He instilled the idea in us that they are the bad guys. Nothing proves them to be beside his words. They aren't able to defend themselves or even put up a counter arguement now can they so we are left to believe whatever dad says. A very convenient position to be in.

Its very easy to manipluate the reader/player if the player believes everything the narration says while it was told from the point of view of an in-game character. The idea here is that players think the writer wants them to tell the hidden truth. I can't tell you how many times i tricked my players with such false narratives. It always works. They always expect likable NPCs to tell the truth as if they know the truth and have no other agenda beside transmitting storyteller info.

as a "reader" of the story I must necessarily trust what I am told, until proven otherwise, otherwise it becomes too tiring

in the end, however, it is MC's father who, we believe, will put MC back in touch with his grandparents, or at least with his mother's family through this famous letter.

if he wanted to avoid it he could continue to do so, so either it is an age-related issue (the proximity to his birthday is suspected), now MC is considered mature to face the situation, not to be excessively influenced etc, or now he has the "legal" age to access a fund or something similar, or an event has occurred that made one of the parties change their mind (an illness of the grandparents, a repentance, etc.)

the question for now has been presented in a fairly simplistic way, on this I agree with you

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
as a "reader" of the story I must necessarily trust what I am told, until proven otherwise, otherwise it becomes too tiring
Nightmarish isn't it :cool: Don't think for a second that a writer can't (or won't) utilize this simple fact. Misdirection becomes just way too tempting for a storyteller not to use. Its too much fun.

• Wow
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Nightmarish isn't it :cool: Don't think for a second that a writer can't (or won't) utilize this simple fact. Misdirection becomes just way too tempting for a storyteller not to use. Its too much fun.
it is absolutely possible to be deceived by the author, what you say is very credible

but from my point of view, the good author makes sure that you, the reader, misunderstand the situation.
making us lie blatantly by a character presented as positive is a twist (good or not depends on how it's written) but an inelegant way to surprise us later

I give an example linked to BADIK, Josy never tells us that she has a boyfriend (and not a girl) but we players, as a matter of probability, of habit, take it for granted. in this case the author is good and we are naive

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
I was playing last night at a point in the story where you choose to be with Josy on the night you go visit her and was thinking. Should you turn her down and not stay the night, and not be pursuing Maya (I know there's thing's between them story wise that have to happen) So if you don't sleep with Maya then there isn't cheating right? So does that some how lessen the impact in the big reveal at the end of Ep3? Since the MC hasn't gotten too involved. (I have't played it through yet but just wondering)
Sadly it doesn't. Maya will still treat this as if her interaction with MC was the most life changing experience ever. Whether you have sex with her or not makes little difference, if any. Not to mention some interactions with Maya are unavoidable. So you might as well go all the way in. At least this way it gives their reactions more credibility.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes