Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Yeah man, I don't like them either, both of them are still confused about whether they like each other or they like MC.
I assume it's hard to write a love triangle,and yet he did a pretty good job of it in acting lessons.

Here he relies on the fact that 2people didn't think to talk about their college life,with some one they like. And the other person is just keeping secrets........for no apparent reason?

• Angry
Reactions: Shades19

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yes but in the wrong way. That was all about making our own families from the people we choose to be with, not those who happen to share a bloodline. It turning out he's related to someone he chooses to be part of his family undermines that.
Not necessarily, because there are still plenty of other people he's met so far that aren't family but who can choose to consider "family" due to close bonds of friendship, and even if one of those people is Rusty, it's still the MC's choice and not something he will simply accept because they're blood related.

I meant that he would find out his dad was keeping an important secret from him and this could lead him to distance himself from his dad, embracing a new found family (his blood one or the friends he choose).

Anyway, shitty writting because that would be yet another major plot twist triggered by an stupid omission from one of the characters (the other being MC and Maya not wanting to say her lover's name - Josie).
Again, how would Neil keeping such a secret be a problem? There's ample reasoning why he would and the MC is a reasonable person who shares a close bond with his Dad so I'm sure that he wouldn't bear him any kind of grudge or feeling of betrayal if he found out that his Dad kept something like this from him.

A lot of hurt fee fees in this thread today. :KEK:
Some people just won't know what pure bliss feels like. :giggle:

ep4_jm_dorm_talk41.jpg

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Again, how would Neil keeping such a secret be a problem? There's ample reasoning why he would and the MC is a reasonable person who shares a close bond with his Dad so I'm sure that he wouldn't bear him any kind of grudge or feeling of betrayal if he found out that his Dad kept something like this from him.
It wouldn't be any problem for me and I even can understand why his Dad never told him, but it's obvious this MC has a hard time to cope with sudden revelations of that kind (and this would be an even bigger one than the M&J thing). For him it would mean his dad has been a liar all his life, and that's hard.

Again, the main problem would be that you can't (you shouldn't) base every single major game-changing event under the premise of a hidden info that could have been disclosed way before during a normal, serious conversation or even slipped in a casual one. That's just too much

Reactions: ThePresident451
Sep 22, 2017
View attachment 774833

btw here it is. i posted it a few days ago as part of my "Show Riona the love she deserves" movement :p (posting Riona related stuff when it feels like she's being left out. feel free to join and spread the love :))
& yes its fake lol :rolleyes:
everyone's been asking for the release date
meanwhile DPC:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'd sooner dip my balls in honey and stick them into a beehive than recognize anyone to be above the Freckled Goddess but I will extend an olive branch and admit that Riona does need a bigger role than being Quinn's pawn and an occasional fuck buddy to the MC. As a show of good faith I always give her all my money during the EP5 party - even on my CHICK playthrough where I didn't order from the menu and stand to gain nothing at all.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
As a show of good faith I always give her all my money during the EP5 party - even on my CHICK playthrough where I didn't order from the menu and stand to gain nothing at all.
Hold on sec, you can that on the CHICK route? You still have to take Quinn's number though, right?

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
We've been over this before

1. It's not within Neil's character from what we've seen to keep something so important from his son especially when there's no good reason for it, your wishful thinking based off other forms of media isn't ample reasoning especially when there's zero evidence in game to support it.

2. Lets say that MC is a Burgmeister and his father chose hide it from him why not the fact his mother comes from big money in the first place?. The truth is MC wouldn't care too much about his lineage he'd be more hurt by his Father keeping something like that from him. MC didn't care much when he found out Jill was a Royce despite the fact that she tried to hide it from him. There's very little that would change with MC being a B vs another rich family. There's already a Burgmeister on campus that MC knows & associates with. Him being another would only add some shitty soap opera level drama of which this game has plenty of and doesn't need.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Nah, I went completely CHICK with every major decision and still got to talk to Riona on the balcony about their money problems. You just don't get any action because her menu order is a prerequisite for the scene.
I'm guessing you need to confront her instead of letting it slide? (Usually I pick the latter)
Even so, I don't recall the option to give her money when confronting her either. I'm kind of bummed out now. :(

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Quality over quantity, mah' man.
A single day would be fine too if it's eventful.

But yeah, we need some time jumps too. MC's birthday is coming up, we need to get to that shit, pronto.

But yeah, I would choose quality over quantity, but I'd rather not choose at all :ROFLMAO: . Episode 5 was still good despite being 24h.

Sep 22, 2017
I'm guessing you need to confront her instead of letting it slide? (Usually I pick the latter)
Even so, I don't recall the option to give her money when confronting her either. I'm kind of bummed out now. :(
Just checked, you do need to confront her about it. Not sure what could've gone wrong in your playthrough, I even refused the kiss during the party in EP4 so I basically had zero personal contact with her up until that point and I still emptied my pockets. Massive simp energy there. :KEK:

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Just checked, you do need to confront her about it. Not sure what could've gone wrong in your playthrough, I even refused the kiss during the party in EP4 so I basically had zero personal contact with her up until that point and I still emptied my pockets. Massive simp energy there. :KEK:
If it brings me closer to her and Quinn - I'm all in. I'm a disgrace. :HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: SPACE_BOOOOOST

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It wouldn't be any problem for me and I even can understand why his Dad never told him, but it's obvious this MC has a hard time to cope with sudden revelations of that kind (and this would be an even bigger one than the M&J thing). For him it would mean his dad has been a liar all his life, and that's hard.

Again, the main problem would be that you can't (you shouldn't) base every single major game-changing event under the premise of a hidden info that could have been disclosed way before during a normal, serious conversation or even slipped in a casual one. That's just too much
And yet we're kind of being set up for that with Bella, Jill, the Sage/Chad relationship, Quinn, all keeping some sort of secret from the MC and others that will likely have game-changing ramifications.

People keep secrets from each other and aren't always 100% honest with their friends and relatives when they talk to them, and half-truths, false truths, and no truths are an aspect of "normal" conversations between people. You can be having a conversation with a good friend and ask them how they are and they'll respond with, "yeah, I'm doing fine", not, "I'm having a really hard time with my crippling debt, the possibility of losing my job, and the crushing reality of being a single parent".

There are times where you can't or won't share certain details about your life, especially if it's something that you find difficult to talk about and even moreso with a new person in your life who you're still not sure about.

Hold on sec, you can that on the CHICK route? You still have to take Quinn's number though, right?
If you want to go pure 100% CHICK by making all major CHICK decisions, then no, but you can accept her number and then choose the CHICK option for all other major decisions, so it's still a CHICK route but with 1 major DIK decision.

We've been over this before

1. It's not within Neil's character from what we've seen to keep something so important from his son especially when there's no good reason for it, your wishful thinking based off other forms of media isn't ample reasoning especially when there's zero evidence in game to support it.

2. Lets say that MC is a Burgmeister and his father chose hide it from him why not the fact his mother comes from big money in the first place?. The truth is MC wouldn't care too much about his lineage he'd be more hurt by his Father keeping something like that from him. MC didn't care much when he found out Jill was a Royce despite the fact that she tried to hide it from him. There's very little that would change with MC being a B vs another rich family. There's already a Burgmeister on campus that MC knows & associates with. Him being another would only add some shitty soap opera level drama of which this game has plenty of and doesn't need.
  1. Neil is portrayed as a caring, loving, and protective father and keeping the MC's lineage a secret could be something that fits prefectly well within that type of character if he believes that it is in the MC's best interests to keep him away from the wealthy family of his mother. There are plenty of ways in which he could have ample reasoning to keep it from him if he believes it's the right thing to do because that's what parents do; they make decisions based on what they think is best for their child.
  2. Neil could hide the fact that she came from big money, yes, but I think he's quite proud of the fact that this woman from a completely different economic and societal class fell in love with him and even left her family behind to be with him, which is why he tells his son that part of the story because it's inspiring.
  3. The MC might not care that Jill is a Royce legacy, but it would be a whole different feeling if he were to find that he is a Burgmeister because this affects him much more directly and having that kind of information would turn his life upside down as a result, whether he wants it to or not. It's not "shitty soap opera level drama", it would be a pivotal key change in the story that could have very interesting and important ramifications overall that actually make the story better.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Okay, since we've returned discussion to MC family ties, it's time to share my hypothesis.

While the kinship of B., R. or even B. would carry certain complications, a presence of MC relative of at college would offer space for future interactions. We know that MC relatives are rich, which is why I think rich Rich is an MC cousin.

How would it fit in story without falling suddenly off the hook? Rich rich or rich Rich visited his sick grandmother (I don't have time to check what I remember, so hopefully that's accurate). Health problems, reminders of mortality, is something that can move with conscience and lead to try to establish a relationship with a rejected daughter and her family, all the more so if grandpa is no longer among them.

Rich rich or rich Rich is also very stressed. It could also be that instead of inheriting the entire property of grandparents, he should inherit only half. And since Rich Rich is no optimist to see a glass half full, he's not enjoying the idea of being a half-poor Rich.

We will see if my hypothesis will be confirmed, or it turns out I've been making wrong indications on base of false hints.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
And yet we're kind of being set up for that with Bella, Jill, the Sage/Chad relationship, Quinn, all keeping some sort of secret from the MC and others that will likely have game-changing ramifications.

People keep secrets from each other and aren't always 100% honest with their friends and relatives when they talk to them, and half-truths, false truths, and no truths are an aspect of "normal" conversations between people. You can be having a conversation with a good friend and ask them how they are and they'll respond with, "yeah, I'm doing fine", not, "I'm having a really hard time with my crippling debt, the possibility of losing my job, and the crushing reality of being a single parent".

There are times where you can't or won't share certain details about your life, especially if it's something that you find difficult to talk about and even moreso with a new person in your life who you're still not sure about.

If you want to go pure 100% CHICK by making all major CHICK decisions, then no, but you can accept her number and then choose the CHICK option for all other major decisions, so it's still a CHICK route but with 1 major DIK decision.

1. Neil is portrayed as a caring, loving, and protective father and keeping the MC's lineage a secret could be something that fits prefectly well within that type of character if he believes that it is in the MC's best interests to keep him away from the wealthy family of his mother. There are plenty of ways in which he could have ample reasoning to keep it from him if he believes it's the right thing to do because that's what parents do; they make decisions based on what they think is best for their child.
  2. Neil could hide the fact that she came from big money, yes, but I think he's quite proud of the fact that this woman from a completely different economic and societal class fell in love with him and even left her family behind to be with him, which is why he tells his son that part of the story because it's inspiring.
  3. The MC might not care that Jill is a Royce legacy, but it would be a whole different feeling if he were to find that he is a Burgmeister because this affects him much more directly and having that kind of information would turn his life upside down as a result, whether he wants it to or not. It's not "shitty soap opera level drama", it would be a pivotal key change in the story that could have very interesting and important ramifications overall that actually make the story better.
Well, this is soap opera in my book. Poor, good guy discovering he's actually filthy rich. Not sure how that could make the story better, but it sure would be even less interesting as it has been told like trillion times. Honestly, I expect something better from DPC. That said, it's true the whole game has that soap opera vibe and maybe that's the reason I can't take it as the storytelling masterpiece most people think it is

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well, this is soap opera in my book. Poor, good guy discovering he's actually filthy rich. Not sure how that could make the story better, but it sure would be even less interesting as it has been told like trillion times. Honestly, I expect something better from DPC. That said, it's true the whole game has that soap opera vibe and maybe that's the reason I can't take it as the storytelling masterpiece most people think it is
It's more like a serialised TV drama or Netflix show than it is a soap opera. Soap operas are cheesy, overacted, and nonsensical, whereas a drama series can be a little more grounded in reality with some gritty aspects, but can also contain some extreme dramatic plot twists.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
It's more like a serialised TV drama or Netflix show than it is a soap opera. Soap operas are cheesy, overacted, and nonsensical, whereas a drama series can be a little more grounded in reality with some gritty aspects, but can also contain some extreme dramatic plot twists.
Do you really think BaDIK is not cheesy, overacted an nonsensical? Who says soap operas can nt contain extreme dramatic plt twists? If the MC is a Burgmeister this would be a Venezuelan soap opera at its best, but in a US college setting.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes