Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Lot's of people have thought that.

Not a Royce because that would mean incest. Could be a Burgmeister but, for that to be true, you would have to believe that Neil wouldn't have mentioned the family connection at any point.
And how would that be so difficult to believe? :unsure:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
And how would that be so difficult to believe? :unsure:
Because they're shown to have a good relationship where they actually talk to each other about things? What're you imagining, something like this?

MC "So Dad, I've sent out my college applications today"
Neil "That's great, Son, do you any preference about where you go"
MC "I'm hoping to get into B&R, they offer all the classes I want to take and it's really affordable because they offer discounted rates for students from low income families" *
Neil (thinks) 'I know the college was founded by his great grandparents but I'm going to keep that secret for reasons'
Neil "That's great, Son, I'm rooting for you"

* I made that bit up based on Steve's comment that B&R is the poor people's college

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Because they're shown to have a good relationship where they actually talk to each other about things? What're you imagining, something like this?

MC "So Dad, I've sent out my college applications today"
Neil "That's great, Son, do you any preference about where you go"
MC "I'm hoping to get into B&R, they offer all the classes I want to take and it's really affordable because they offer discounted rates for students from low income families" *
Neil (thinks) 'I know the college was founded by his great grandparents but I'm going to keep that secret for reasons'
Neil "That's great, Son, I'm rooting for you"

* I made that bit up based on Steve's comment that B&R is the poor people's college
And just because they have a good relationship means he can't keep a secret from his son? Having a good relationship with someone, even family, doesn't mean that you don't keep some things from them, especially if you have or believe you have a good reason not to tell them.

There are a few fairly plausible reasons why Neil wouldn't tell him he was related to the Burgmeisters, and it's interesting that whenever he tells the MC about his Mom and about how they got together, he seems to have trouble remembering all the details properly which makes it dificult for the MC to ask him about it because he never quite gets the full story. Almost like Neil is deliberately acting forgetful to try and make the MC not ask if he knows he won't get anywhere by doing so. :unsure:

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Ep 5 definitely and I'd say it's a fairly common consensus that the spending the majority of the episode in a single free-roam location wasn't great becuase it slowed things right down and there wasn't a great deal of story advancement. Ep 4 was OK, although watering the plants at Bella's was a major pain, and with the HOTs you at least get a fair bit of steamy action by wandering around their house so it didn't feel quite as bad as ep 5.

But certainly the pacing of the first 3 episodes was good because we got through the majority of the first 2 weeks in those episode whereas eps 4 and 5 cover just 3 days.
Hopefully Ep 6 will be a span of a week.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
And just because they have a good relationship means he can't keep a secret from his son? Having a good relationship with someone, even family, doesn't mean that you don't keep some things from them, especially if you have or believe you have a good reason not to tell them.

There are a few fairly plausible reasons why Neil wouldn't tell him he was related to the Burgmeisters, and it's interesting that whenever he tells the MC about his Mom and about how they got together, he seems to have trouble remembering all the details properly which makes it dificult for the MC to ask him about it because he never quite gets the full story. Almost like Neil is deliberately acting forgetful to try and make the MC not ask if he knows he won't get anywhere by doing so. :unsure:
All of which would lead to MC feeling betrayed if he finds out he's a Burgmeister from someone else which is the sort of shitty writing normally associated with the Arrow-verse shows.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
All of which would lead to MC feeling betrayed if he finds out he's a Burgmeister from someone else which is the sort of shitty writing normally associated with the Arrow-verse shows.
But that would link to the initial statement about what a family is...

It still would be shitty writting, though.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I want each episode to take place over progressively shorter periods of time :p
But that would link to the initial statement about what a family is...

It still would be shitty writting, though.
Yes but in the wrong way. That was all about making our own families from the people we choose to be with, not those who happen to share a bloodline. It turning out he's related to someone he chooses to be part of his family undermines that.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
As if parents keeping the true nature of their child's parentage a secret doesn't happen in real life. :rolleyes:

There are docu-series, reality shows, and even films based on real life stories of people who found out later in life that they were adopted and then trying to track down their birth parents. It's not "shitty writing" when it happens in real life.

Reactions: Zaddy

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
You're right, The boring "Mansion night" took most of the episode so i guess that's why i couldn't remember it properly
Hey watching Tommy's girlfriend get hot and bothered,fighting Colin,and hooking up with Sage and Catherine was fun. But not having enough pocket money for Lilly sucked all the ass.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I want each episode to take place over progressively shorter periods of time :p

Yes but in the wrong way. That was all about making our own families from the people we choose to be with, not those who happen to share a bloodline. It turning out he's related to someone he chooses to be part of his family undermines that.
I meant that he would find out his dad was keeping an important secret from him and this could lead him to distance himself from his dad, embracing a new found family (his blood one or the friends he choose).

Anyway, shitty writting because that would be yet another major plot twist triggered by an stupid omission from one of the characters (the other being MC and Maya not wanting to say her lover's name - Josie).

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
I meant that he would find out his dad was keeping an important secret from him and this could lead him to distance himself from his dad, embracing a new found family (his blood one or the friends he choose).

Anyway, shitty writting because that would be yet another major plot twist triggered by an stupid omission from one of the characters (the other being MC and Maya not wanting to say her lover's name - Josie).
The Josy and Maya thing literally felt like I was trapped in some sort of nightmarish CW universe I couldn't escape from.

Literally my only complaint about this game so far.

• Angry
Reactions: Shades19
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes