Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Do you really think BaDIK is not cheesy, overacted an nonsensical? Who says soap operas can nt contain extreme dramatic plt twists? If the MC is a Burgmeister this would be a Venezuelan soap opera at its best, but in a US college setting.
Not saying that soap operas don't contain extreme dramatic plot twists, but simply that while the serialised TV dramas that you find on network TV and Netflix can have them too, they're not always as insane, over-the-top, and frequent. I mean, how many times can one small town/neighbourhood or even a single street have serial killers, rapists, rampant adultery, child abduction, house fires, etc. That's what soap operas are like, and this game isn't close to that. It's more like American Pie meets 90210.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Not saying that soap operas don't contain extreme dramatic plot twists, but simply that while the serialised TV dramas that you find on network TV and Netflix can have them too, they're not always as insane, over-the-top, and frequent. I mean, how many times can one small town/neighbourhood or even a single street have serial killers, rapists, rampant adultery, child abduction, house fires, etc. That's what soap operas are like, and this game isn't close to that. It's more like American Pie meets 90210.
Well, maybe this is like Murder, she wrote. I don't know how people still live in that town with that crimerate, and why they don't run when they see Jessica Fletcher appear :ROFLMAO: .

Speaking seriously, there are so many things that can happen until it breaks your suspension of disbelief. If everyone is related to everyone, in one way or another. If for instance Tybalt would the the MC's father's employer and he used that to threaten us it would be too many coincidences for me.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Unless the backstory was just tossed behind the mc so he could have at least some semblance of a past there is no way superdad came clear through and through. I can only repeat what i said a long long way back, after 0.2.

We have supposedly very rich grandparents from mom's side who, supposedly, died as we suppose to know... and yet we live in poverty somewhere at the edge of nowhere-town and we know absolutely nothing about our grandparents. Like.. seriously. They didn't give a shit about their grandson? No inheritance whatsoever? No legal fight over custody when dad was almost literally homeless? They just disowned daughter then grandson?

Dad never mentioned anything such. Just that they never accepted him. Thats very different from disowning daughter and grandson. The whole situation, the way i see it, is way more of a classic "Dad actually hides from them and keeps them away forcefully from son and vica versa". I'm pretty certain he lies massively. The meantime he can be a cool dad and whatnot, loving his son to death but this doesn't mean he can't have a very single-minded agenda whats "best for son" regardless what son might be thinking and either we figure out our own later on or simply he wasn't ready to tell yet but will, later on.

Otherwise the backstory is just silly. With rich grandparents we are basically beggars and dad hasn't made a single attempt to keep us in contact with grandparents. Told no reason whatsoever why we never attempted a visit, why they haven't attempted a visit. Beside a single supercheesy sentece which always suspicious of being a mere excuse.

It just doesn't sound believable that during all our hardship, being now 18+ we never seriously asked dad... we don't know our mother... yet we aren't interested in her past? Her parents? To ask them too how she was like? Dad never seemed eager to tell us about her either.

This "Died at childbirth. Rich parents. Never liked me. End of story" is such a joke.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Unless the backstory was just tossed behind the mc so he could have at least some semblance of a past there is no way superdad came clear through and through. I can only repeat what i said a long long way back, after 0.2.

We have supposedly very rich grandparents from mom's side who, supposedly, died as we suppose to know... and yet we live in poverty somewhere at the edge of nowhere-town and we know absolutely nothing about our grandparents. Like.. seriously. They didn't give a shit about their grandson? No inheritance whatsoever? No legal fight over custody when dad was almost literally homeless? They just disowned daughter then grandson?

Dad never mentioned anything such. Just that they never accepted him. Thats very different from disowning daughter and grandson. The whole situation, the way i see it, is way more of a classic "Dad actually hides from them and keeps them away forcefully from son and vica versa". I'm pretty certain he lies massively. The meantime he can be a cool dad and whatnot, loving his son to death but this doesn't mean he can't have a very single-minded agenda whats "best for son" regardless what son might be thinking and either we figure out our own later on or simply he wasn't ready to tell yet but will, later on.

Otherwise the backstory is just silly. With rich grandparents we are basically beggars and dad hasn't made a single attempt to keep us in contact with grandparents. Told no reason whatsoever why we never attempted a visit, why they haven't attempted a visit. Beside a single supercheesy sentece which always suspicious of being a mere excuse.

It just doesn't sound believable that during all our hardship, being now 18+ we never seriously asked dad... we don't know our mother... yet we aren't interested in her past? Her parents? To ask them too how she was like? Dad never seemed eager to tell us about her either.

This "Died at childbirth. Rich parents. Never liked me. End of story" is such a joke.
The way I see it, we have 3 options:
  1. The Grandparents, specifically the Grandpa, did disown the MC's Mom and cut off all ties because they disapproved of her relationship with someone below her station
  2. The Grandparents disapproved but they wanted to help in some way, but Lynette refused because she didn't want to be reliant upon them
  3. The Grandparents, specifically the Grandpa, tried to get her back by force so Lynette and Liam had to run away and essentially try to hide from them.
In all cases, the Grandparents have now managed to track the MC down and are reaching out to him because they genuinely regret their past actions that pushed their daughter away and now want to make amends by inviting him into the family and offering to support him financially.

Additionally, if the MC's family are the Burgmeisters, it adds certain interesting wrinkles to the story.
  • Rusty is now cut off from him his family money to use for the DIKs, but then the MC would have access to that same money and it could drive a wedge between him and Rusty and possibly even the DIKs if he chooses not to tell them or use the money to support the DIKs like how it was before
  • The MC knows Maya needs tuition so he would now have the means to help her, but he could also choose not to
  • Quinn is in need of money as well, albeit for reasons unknown to the MC, so she could manipulate/blackmail/seduce him into being her sugar daddy and solving her financial issues
  • Jill might look upon him differently because I think she likes the fact that he's not a rich legacy like most of the people she seems to know, and she might be concerned that this new found wealth will change him
  • EDIT: We also have the added benefit of pissing off Tybalt because this once poor nobody who Jill is interested in is now a somebody with a very important family name.

Last edited:

ThePresident451

Yuno Gasai NEVER EVER follows you back
Donor
Apr 22, 2020
I'm not buying that mc is a Burgmeister, that's total bullshit at least for me.

So in a moment of reflection I've come up with a new hypothesis: surely the OMG story by Bella must mean something more than just a funny moment, otherwise I can't get why Cake even bothered to tell it.

At the beginning of the tale Bella says she was a freshman at this college named Smith&Reading, which is even bigger than B&R. Could Lynette's family be one of those two? Apart from Burgmeister and Royce, Smith and Reading are the only 2 surnames of rich families we know for now, so why not?

It seems that Sage comes from a rich family too, so maybe she could be either a Smith or Reading too, obviously the one different from that of the mc to prevent incest.

And maybe, just maybe, the red haired eccentric guy at the prep party could be a S&R and thus Sage's father, same for the old man wearing white jacket being Mr. Smith or Reading and thus mc's grandfather, but perhaps that's too much.

Damn too many maybe, what if etc. but we know nothing ffs:HideThePain:

But hey, at least is something new, never saw someone bringing this up:)

Hopefully I got something right, maybe not the mc family but at least Sage's one.

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
Not necessarily, because there are still plenty of other people he's met so far that aren't family but who can choose to consider "family" due to close bonds of friendship, and even if one of those people is Rusty, it's still the MC's choice and not something he will simply accept because they're blood related.

Again, how would Neil keeping such a secret be a problem? There's ample reasoning why he would and the MC is a reasonable person who shares a close bond with his Dad so I'm sure that he wouldn't bear him any kind of grudge or feeling of betrayal if he found out that his Dad kept something like this from him.

Some people just won't know what pure bliss feels like. :giggle:

View attachment 775060

Hear, Hear!

D

Deleted member 2739658

I agree with you that Neil's relationship with his son preclude's him from keeping info about Lynnette from his son. I'm taking it as granted that L's family tried to take custody of the MC, and that's the reason for the legal bill's mentioned in Neil's bio. For that reason, it could be possible for Neil to have a motivation to keep things from the MC. I don't think it's believable. It doesn't fit the characters as they have been written so far. Then again, I don't think the scene with Maya and Josy in episode 4 was believable either, so who knows what will happen.

Kuraii

Jul 22, 2020
When deciding where to sleep, choose to sleep on the floor. They'll tell the MC to get up and then they push the beds together.
I just remember seeing them together in bed on the call the MC makes at Bella's house. Isn't the scene at her house an obligatory part of the story?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I just remember seeing them together in bed on the call the MC makes at Bella's house. Isn't the scene at her house an obligatory part of the story?
It's in ep 4 when you go back to the dorm with them at the end. You have to have had "sex" with both of them to get the option to sleep on the floor and then when you choose to do that you get that scene in bed with both.

Reactions: Kuraii

Kuraii

Jul 22, 2020
When deciding where to sleep, choose to sleep on the floor. They'll tell the MC to get up and then they push the beds together.
Right after confessing to Maya and Josy and they both accepted. You later go back to Mayas room and sleep together if you have chosen to sleep on the floor. It's the only right answer to make in that scene
Please forget what I said about the scene at Bella's house :ROFLMAO:. I mixed things up, but I already remember. Thank you!

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
I'm not buying that mc is a Burgmeister, that's total bullshit at least for me.

So in a moment of reflection I've come up with a new hypothesis: surely the OMG story by Bella must mean something more than just a funny moment, otherwise I can't get why Cake even bothered to tell it.

At the beginning of the tale Bella says she was a freshman at this college named Smith&Reading, which is even bigger than B&R. Could Lynette's family be one of those two? Apart from Burgmeister and Royce, Smith and Reading are the only 2 surnames of rich families we know for now, so why not?

It seems that Sage comes from a rich family too, so maybe she could be either a Smith or Reading too, obviously the one different from that of the mc to prevent incest.

And maybe, just maybe, the red haired eccentric guy at the prep party could be a S&R and thus Sage's father, same for the old man wearing white jacket being Mr. Smith or Reading and thus mc's grandfather, but perhaps that's too much.

Damn too many maybe, what if etc. but we know nothing ffs:HideThePain:

But hey, at least is something new, never saw someone bringing this up:)

Hopefully I got something right, maybe not the mc family but at least Sage's one.
Yoooo

DIK 1.png

Nvm

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
You have to have had "sex" with both of them to get the option to sleep on the floor
Oh damn, I wanted to play with the playthrough where I rejected to sleep with Josy cause I wanted to stay faithful to Maya even tho at that time there was nothing going on between them, but in the end I stick with my first choice as these are more genuine. So glad I trusted my gut feeling

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Ep 5 definitely and I'd say it's a fairly common consensus that the spending the majority of the episode in a single free-roam location wasn't great becuase it slowed things right down and there wasn't a great deal of story advancement. Ep 4 was OK, although watering the plants at Bella's was a major pain, and with the HOTs you at least get a fair bit of steamy action by wandering around their house so it didn't feel quite as bad as ep 5.

But certainly the pacing of the first 3 episodes was good because we got through the majority of the first 2 weeks in those episode whereas eps 4 and 5 cover just 3 days.
Episode 4 may only cover 2 days, but I think it still manages to pull its weight.

With the branching paths we get a chance for another visit with the Pink Rose, wall-to-wall HOT vignettes, or more Bella buildup. We also get our first data with Jill (including notable character development and the closest shes had to a lewd scene), official FWB status with Sage, the long await tryst with Jade, and of course, Karen Rebecca Johnson. It obviously focused heavily on the Maya & Josy drama (possibly too heavily, especially given the flopped resolution), but it did advance other threads.

Episode 5, on the other hand, pretty much focused only on the MC's having lots of sex. We got a boatload of lewd scenes, but the actual relationships with the LIs are more or less where they were when we started the episode. Likewise, the few advancements to main plot threads we do get (like the destruction of the DIK mansion, or the MC officially joining the DIKs) feel empty because the status of the DIKs is so unexplained we have no idea what it means to be a DIK anymore.

In short, I think the fact that Episode 5 covers so little time is a symptom of the problem, not the actual cause.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes