Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
I just finished the first run of Acting Lessons

maybe if I had played it before I wouldn't have started BADIK, I don't know.

I hope DPC has improved in the management of dramatic moments (the problem is not the death of an LIs, but having accumulated a series of twists in a couple of chapters, which make them not credible, up to chapter 6 is a masterpiece )

right now if it turns out that Bella was a new Ed Gein, Jill was a shemale, MC heir simultaneously of both the Royce and the Burgmeisters, Maya kidnapped and transformed into a sex slave by some Colombian cartel ... I wouldn't wonder much

DPC I recommend .. study!
I vote for the Maya thing, no one will feel bad. trust.

Reactions: DNIWEE

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
> Quinn has deal with Dawe/Jocks
> Dawe meets with Quinn in her room
> The very next day, the deal is off.

How is any of that debatable? :WaitWhat: It's an open and shut case. All of these points are verified by the game itself. The only thing that's debatable is if they discussed anything else, but why would they? Their business has been concluded and there's nothing left to discuss, least of all conspiring to leak a picture of Cathy as Jill Royce was implying.
It seems pretty straightforward, yeah. I said it's likely to be true, but there are small issues. Why did Dawe cancel the order? The jocks are accused of bulling, not drugs. As far as we know, they aren't under surveillance, just warned about not bulling the MC. No need to be scared. That's an assumption on your part. We know they cut the deal, but not exactly why. They still need to prepare for the competition. What about Chad? We can't rule out his blackmail letter is about drug abuse either, so it can be related to this too. I still think he's gay, but we can't know for sure yet. Or maybe the conversation was about something else entirely, I don't see how this is that urgent to go at night with that "We need to talk". There could be plenty more we don't know yet.

Or maybe Dawe is already pregnant and he doesn't need the pill anymore. I put that one as a maybe.
Yes
I knew what was in there... And I clicked anyway :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

Kuraii

Jul 22, 2020
I hope tomorrow's update gives us more clues as to what the episode's plot will be about beyond the DnG session.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It seems pretty straightforward, yeah. I said it's likely to be true, but there are small issues. Why did Dawe cancel the order? The jocks are accused of bulling, not drugs. As far as we know, they aren't under surveillance, just warned about not bulling the MC. No need to be scared. That's an assumption on your part. We know they cut the deal, but not exactly why. They still need to prepare for the competition. What about Chad? We can't rule out his blackmail letter is about drug abuse either, so it can be related to this too. I still think he's gay, but we can't know for sure yet. Or maybe the conversation was about something else entirely, I don't see how this is that urgent to go at night with that "We need to talk". There could be plenty more we don't know yet.

Or maybe Dawe is already pregnant and he doesn't need the pill anymore. I put that one as a maybe.
Umm, Stephen explicitly says they WILL be watching the tri-alphas, and Chad specifically warns Dawe that the counselors might learn about other things if they watch closely.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know Holy Bacchus can get wrapped up in his theories sometimes, but in this case I have to agree the evidence is pretty conclusive. We know Quinn had a talk with Dawe about getting money that didn't go well. We know she had been selling drugs to the jocks, and Dawe in particular, and they recently stopped buying. We know Chad had warned Dawe about some activity they didn't want the school to find out about. And we saw Dawe meet with Quinn in the Episode 3 wrap-up monologue.

Now it's true that we can't conclusively rule out that there was another unshown meeting where those things were discussed. But with all the things we do know, and with a complete absence of any evidence to contradict it, I see no reason not to take the evidence as presented: when they met, Dawe told Quinn that he didn't want to buy PEDs from her anymore due to the increased risk of being caught.

Now it's possible other topics were discussed during that meeting as well. So if you're trying to say, for example, Dawe could still have asked Quinn to frame the DIK, I agree that is possible (though it seems unlikely). Beyond that, though, I don't see much to argue about here.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Umm, Stephen explicitly says they WILL be watching the tri-alphas, and Chad specifically warns Dawe that the counselors might learn about other things if they watch closely.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know Holy Bacchus can get wrapped up in his theories sometimes, but in this case I have to agree the evidence is pretty conclusive. We know Quinn had a talk with Dawe about getting money that didn't go well. We know she had been selling drugs to the jocks, and Dawe in particular, and they recently stopped buying. We know Chad had warned Dawe about some activity they didn't want the school to find out about. And we saw Dawe meet with Quinn in the Episode 3 wrap-up monologue.

Now it's true that we can't conclusively rule out that there was another unshown meeting where those things were discussed. But with all the things we do know, and with a complete absence of any evidence to contradict it, I see no reason not to take the evidence as presented: when they met, Dawe told Quinn that he didn't want to buy PEDs from her anymore due to the increased risk of being caught.

Now it's possible other topics were discussed during that meeting as well. So if you're trying to say, for example, Dawe could still have asked Quinn to frame the DIK, I agree that is possible (though it seems unlikely). Beyond that, though, I don't see much to argue about here.
To be honest I wasn't sold until the last Dawe screenshot, I didn't remember that specific piece of dialogue. Until then saying they are watching them doesn't mean much more than what I said, just a warning, but that one does show that he took it as a signal to lay low. I don't know why, but it looks like he did.

But that's the thing in stories, you can lay some clues to make something look likely and then turn it 180º. That's the basis of storytelling. Gay Chad is probably the most likely theory out there, it fits all the evidence perfectly and better than others with only one asuption, but I don't speak of it as if it were a confirmed truth.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I’m fairly sure the reason she is coming up short is because she is getting high on her own supply. She blames it of Riona (classic junky move) but I frankly don’t think she would dare to go against Quinn in this way. Plus when she has the conversation with Riona I don’t think she even mentions the idea it might be her fault.

She is the only one we see injecting drugs, and trying to get other people on board with that. She’s already selling the Jocks sugar pills if she isn’t using where exactly has this inability to pay her dealer come from?
Don’t believe she’s coming up short because she’s using too much. Riona is clearly an excuse though. I still believe someone is likely extorting money out of Quinn which is why she is suddenly struggling to pay her dealer.

D

Deleted member 2739658

Probably giving Quinn too much benefit of the doubt, but I feel like she is doing what she does for the HOTs, that she gives a cut to the HOTs, pays the dealers what she owes, and maybe pockets a bit extra for herself. From what John Boy said in ep 5 about Elena, I get the sense that each HOT has to do something to bring money in and most of it is charitable/community work, but I can't see Quinn doing that, so perhaps she fakes it or pretends to get the money from elsewhere.
No, Tommy specifically says that Rusty would have given the HOT's the money that he would normally have given to the Pink Rose girls. Quinn rejects this because she wanted the money for herself.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No, Tommy specifically says that Rusty would have given the HOT's the money that he would normally have given to the Pink Rose girls. Quinn rejects this because she wanted the money for herself.
will someone have to pay for this drug?

Quinn isn't getting rich, she's struggling to keep her business on its feet

the theme of almost every speech of Quinn is "there is not enough money, we need more money"

This is also a perfect example of how a Massive DIK reacts to betrayal. Not whining like a cuck the way the MC did to M&J in that bullshit ep4 scene.
MC is a CHICK
every time a player makes him take a DIK's choice, his immaculate heart cries

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah, It is a huge plot hole. Once the MC becomes closer to Sage why doesn't he just tell her that Quinn is using the sorority as a front for prostitution?
That's not a plot hole, that's bad writing. DPC is presenting us an option (tell her EVERYTHING what you know) but then the dialog doesn't match the option given because the natural outcome of it would ruin his planned plot. So the problem lies in the way he presents that option and that's completely a writing issue which results in me hating and feeling disconnected from my MC who's not responding the way I've chosen for him to response. And this is just one of the several times this happens (probably the most blatant one, though, but all of them keep adding up to the point I just can't take my MC seriously, and all the intended drama becomes an awkward comedy).

Regarding Sage, I already said that MC might think she knows it so there's no point on telling her. That's a logical assumption I would understand. From a playing perspective, would it be fair and natural to have an option to tell her anyway? Sure, but here DPC never gives us that option so we just go with the flow and don't give it too much thought. So in terms of immersion this doesn't effect me as much as Maya's convo: I'm never allowed to tell Sage and, even if I think that option should be there, I can see a reason why my MC wouldn't feel the need to tell her. And this helps DPC to keep the story going to the conflict point he's planned. That's OK. But that Maya scene is terrible for players who choose to tell her. Even if in the future this mild warning helps Maya to step out of problems, what we were thinking was to avoid those problems completely by telling her now all the truth behind Quinn's offer. And we were thinking that only because DPC used the word EVERYTHING wrote "tell her what you know". He could have used other words, he could have made Maya totally dismiss our warning. Instead, he chose to make our MC absolutely uncapable of doing what the player was induced to think he would do.

--
Edited for precission thanks to crabsinthekitchen

Last edited:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Don’t believe she’s coming up short because she’s using too much. Riona is clearly an excuse though. I still believe someone is likely extorting money out of Quinn which is why she is suddenly struggling to pay her dealer.
Extortion is possible though I don’t recall an specific hints that it might be the case. Whereas we know Quinn is taking an injectable drug. Only illicit injectable drugs I know of are pretty addictive. People with addictions do crazy things.

So she's going to destroy the DIK's, the Frat where a good number of her customers are members, just to try to carry out a poorly planned scheme? You guys are really reaching here. I think it's much more likely that Quinn has just mis-managed her drug business just like we've already seen her mis-manage her prostitution business.
As Holy Bacchus said, it’s not about destroying the DIKs. IMO it’s probably about feeding her habit. The fate of the DIKs are at best and afterthought and at worst ‘collateral’ damage. If she is an addict, then her main concern would be her next fix.

When have we seen her mismanage her prostitution business? (Other than being abusive to the girls?). Business seems to be booming, so much so she’s looking to add as many as 6 extra girls to the ranks. Meanwhile we know she using her own drugs and it’s heavily implied at times that she is high outside of a party situation (fly on face).

That all said the one possible out is that her dealer is making unreasonable demands on sales quotas. But between selling the sugar pills to the Jocks and the 2k deal Rich, it’s hard to see how they are coming up so short.

Actually respect Tommy in this scene. He’s mad, but he here’s her out, he doesn’t touch her and in the end he tells her to go fuck herself. (in his own words).

One other thing I note is he doesn’t put his hands on her. One of the things I dislike in episode one and two is when the MC gets angry with Quinn he grabs her. I don’t think the is supposed to be as abusive as it looks but in neither instance is their any justification for it

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's not a plot hole, that's bad writing. DPC is presenting us an option (tell her EVERYTHING) but then the dialog doesn't match the option given because the natural outcome of it would ruin his planned plot. So the problem lies in the way he presents that option and that's completely a writing issue which results in me hating and feeling disconnected from my MC who's not responding the way I've chosen for him to response. And this is just one of the several times this happens (probably the most blatant one, though, but all of them keep adding up to the point I just can't take my MC seriously, and all the intended drama becomes an awkward comedy).

Regarding Sage, I already said that MC might think she knows it so there's no point on telling her. That's a logical assumption I would understand. From a playing perspective, would it be fair and natural to have an option to tell her anyway? Sure, but here DPC never gives us that option so we just go with the flow and don't give it too much thought. So in terms of immersion this doesn't effect me as much as Maya's convo: I'm never allowed to tell Sage and, even if I think that option should be there, I can see a reason why my MC wouldn't feel the need to tell her. And this helps DPC to keep the story going to the conflict point he's planned. That's OK. But that Maya scene is terrible for players who choose to tell her. Even if in the future this mild warning helps Maya to step out of problems, what we were thinking was to avoid those problems completely by telling her now all the truth behind Quinn's offer. And we were thinking that only because DPC used the word EVERYTHING. He could have used other word, he could have made Maya totally dismiss our warning. Instead, he chose to make our MC absolutely uncapable of doing what the player was inducted to think he would do.
I quite agree with you.

I add my consideration: I think we overestimate the seriousness of the restaurant. in the real world it would be a very serious matter, but BADIK is not the real world. anything that has to do with sex is tolerated much more than in reality.
in a context where having sex for a competition is acceptable, having sex for money cannot be that bad, that illegal.

we have already witnessed a whole series of more or less serious sexual abuses, but they are absolutely not perceived as such, precisely because of the context.

about drugs I think and hope it will be different

Reactions: Maviarab

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I quite agree with you.

I add my consideration: I think we overestimate the seriousness of the restaurant. in the real world it would be a very serious matter, but BADIK is not the real world. anything that has to do with sex is tolerated much more than in reality.
in a context where having sex for a competition is acceptable, having sex for money cannot be that bad, that illegal.

we have already witnessed a whole series of more or less serious sexual abuses, but they are absolutely not perceived as such, precisely because of the context.

about drugs I think and hope it will be different
I do hope the story gets to a point where those serious sexual issues will be treated as serious issues. I mean, the young guys and gals involved might not see any problem (this happens in real life too), but it is a problem. I honestly expect real life to hit hard later on, I would feel quite disappointed if that's not the case

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I do hope the story gets to a point where those serious sexual issues will be treated as serious issues. I mean, the young guys and gals involved might not see any problem (this happens in real life too), but it is a problem. I honestly expect real life to hit hard later on, I would feel quite disappointed if that's not the case
I hope it’s not treated in some heavy handed moralistic way.

Reactions: eightypercent

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Just replayed this game... it is by far the funniest VN here, imho, and incredibly polished and imaginative. Being a DIK makes me laugh and cringe and laugh again. I was in tears (funny) again when the MC pokes Jill in the eye with the dildo hat :)

Reactions: Mistrophera

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Regarding Sage, I already said that MC might think she knows it so there's no point on telling her. That's a logical assumption I would understand. From a playing perspective, would it be fair and natural to have an option to tell her anyway? Sure, but here DPC never gives us that option so we just go with the flow and don't give it too much thought. So in terms of immersion this doesn't effect me as much as Maya's convo: I'm never allowed to tell Sage and, even if I think that option should be there, I can see a reason why my MC wouldn't feel the need to tell her. And this helps DPC to keep the story going to the conflict point he's planned. That's OK.
Well, if that is the case it should make Sage very much less likeable to such MCs who do think that Quinn is 'evil'. If MC does not condone Quinn aking advantage of gullible, poor, young girls for her prostitution ring, he shouldn't condone Sage turning a blind eye to it either. Especially, since she has the power to stop it.

I really hope that Sage is completely in the dark regarding this.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Extortion is possible though I don’t recall an specific hints that it might be the case. Whereas we know Quinn is taking an injectable drug. Only illicit injectable drugs I know of are pretty addictive. People with addictions do crazy things.
If quinn’s The only one that knows we won’t get a conclusive hint yet that it is extortion.
There’s lots of ambiguous hints that something has changed this year.
The one time we see her shooting up it’s presentation is as part of a sales pitch.
It’s possible that all the ambiguous hints end up at a secret addict but we haven’t seen anything that would suggest that from them yet.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes