ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Are those patreon bonuses?
No potentially, it's flagged in the code just like who you have sex with (Josy or Maya) in ep5 is flagged in the code. it will be referenced in the future. Now, as to how relevent it will actually be is another matter.
Your avatar is from one of the best movies of all time. Respect.

Reactions: Maviarab

Cainhurst

Feb 28, 2019
Completely agree. The whole incest angle kinda put me off at first, but it's so prevalent in these games it's almost impossible to avoid at this point and I've gotten used to it... almost numb to it. Part of it is obviously due to Milfy City's success, but it also just feels like it's being tacked onto games just to appeal to a vocal demographic that apparently can't get off without it. A couple of people have mentioned how they think Philly is a better writer than DPC (and he IS a good writer), but even he has (IMHO) clumsily shoved it into his games. One of the things that really didn't land right to me in one of his games was the whole "why do I suddenly want to fuck my daughter? Weird. Oh well, I guess I'll just go with it!"

It's gotten to be so common that, like you said, it's refreshing and original to have a game without it. Shoe-horning it into a game like BaDIK, especially through a stupid plot twist, would do nothing but hurt the story. I'm glad a hugely popular game like BaDIK remains stubbornly 'vanilla'... it proves it can be done.
DeLuca is a really good game and it has one of the most interesting settings among adult games right now. Hopes is a very good writer. I do not really enjoy Philly (think his work is a bit too violent for the sake of it). Milfy City is a weird one, I always felt it was the most empty of ICSTORS games and dropped out after playing 3 or 4 updates.
Incest plots do not really allow for actual narrative reasons for the characters to become intimate. Usually it is a combo of drugging them, tricking them or blackmailing them until they admit they enjoyed it.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
DeLuca is a really good game and it has one of the most interesting settings among adult games right now. Hopes is a very good writer. I do not really enjoy Philly (think his work is a bit too violent for the sake of it). ****** is a weird one, I always felt it was the most empty of ***** games and dropped out after playing 3 or 4 updates.
Incest plots do not really allow for actual narrative reasons for the characters to become intimate. Usually it is a combo of drugging them, tricking them or blackmailing them until they admit they enjoyed it.
We don't mention those names here pal. They are forbidden by our code.

• Haha
Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
For now the only noticeable difference as far as I know is that it takes away from the "threeway" relationship. You can still trigger it if you at least helped Maya with her scavenger hunt tasks (and kinda had sex) and have a neutral or CHICK affinity but for instance you won't be able to sleep with them together at the end of EP4 and it's a pretty safe bet that it'll have further consequences in later episodes.

In case the friendship route can later be rekindled into a relationship with one of them, choosing not to sleep with Josy in EP2 will likely close off that path as well (same goes for Maya if you don't help her in EP3). Much of this is just speculation but if you have any plans of being with Josy or both of them on the long run you don't want to miss that scene in EP2, even if it doesn't feel right to hop in bed with her while she's in another relationship.
But I'm presuming that, even if you don't stay with Josy in ep 2, that the option to go with her and have sex with her in ep 5 is still there, so if players choose her then it could make up for not staying in ep 2.

I still think that those choices with Josy and Maya in ep 2 and 3 respectively won't matter much if you didn't choose one of them because it will likely come down to the choices that will be made from now on. If a player didn't choose Maya in ep 3, then they have the option to choose her in ep 5 and there will likely be more opportunites to have sex with her that may or may not always be linked to these choices between the girls. So who the player ends up with will probably come down to which one they choose the most and if it's a tie then that will probably lead to a good throuple ending since nobody feels left out.

Reactions: Kuraii and Maviarab

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Can confirm this is correct. The sex with Josy at her house is only relevent to the throuple if you did not help Maya. Doesn't affect anything else.
On the throuple path, yes, I don't think it will have much of an impact once you've entered into that relationship, but it could have an impact on the possible friends path. Perhaps if players stayed with Josy but didn't stay with Maya, then this will be a marker that will increase the likelihood that she comes back to him if things start to fall apart between her and Maya again.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
But I'm presuming that, even if you don't stay with Josy in ep 2, that the option to go with her and have sex with her in ep 5 is still there, so if players choose her then it could make up for not staying in ep 2.

I still think that those choices with Josy and Maya in ep 2 and 3 respectively won't matter much if you didn't choose one of them because it will likely come down to the choices that will be made from now on. If a player didn't choose Maya in ep 3, then they have the option to choose her in ep 5 and there will likely be more opportunites to have sex with her that may or may not always be linked to these choices between the girls. So who the player ends up with will probably come down to which one they choose the most and if it's a tie then that will probably lead to a good throuple ending since nobody feels left out.
As Maviarab said, you can indeed have sex with Josy in Episode 5 even if you turned her down in Ep 2 (so long as you are on the M&J path). It does change the text messages the next morning slightly, but I don't recall any other differences.

This does raise an interesting question. It looks like we can still hook up with Josy even if we at first refuse to cheat with her. What about Sage? You cannot have sex with her in Episode 5 if you didn't make a move on her previously, but the MC will explicitly identify her relationship with Chad as the issue. Does this mean there might be another chance for 'conscientious' MCs to start something with her in the (highly likely) event the relationship with Chad ends?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
IIRC that is not flagged at all so it's only relevence is to the throuple path really. The sex scene in Ep5 and Derek's 'choice' is what should only matter for pursuing her on her own. Either or, doesn't matter to me as have multiple paths for her with all permutations :)
Well, I'm on a "ride or die" singular route where I'm pursuing all LIs, so we'll see how that goes. ;)

As Maviarab said, you can indeed have sex with Josy in Episode 5 even if you turned her down in Ep 2 (so long as you are on the M&J path). It does change the text messages the next morning slightly, but I don't recall any other differences.

This does raise an interesting question. It looks like we can still hook up with Josy even if we at first refuse to cheat with her. What about Sage? You cannot have sex with her in Episode 5 if you didn't make a move on her previously, but the MC will explicitly identify her relationship with Chad as the issue. Does this mean there might be another chance for 'conscientious' MCs to start something with her in the (highly likely) event the relationship with Chad ends?
I think so as it seems like it might have been hinted at in ep 5 for people on that route. So maybe whatever Melanie and Sarah are scheming will also happen on the non-Sage route but in a different way therefore freeing up Sage to go for the MC, and with the MC's "free pass" from Maya, he'll feel emboldened to also pursue it.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
By the progress we can safely say that the update will be here by the end of October/start of November.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
DeLuca is a really good game and it has one of the most interesting settings among adult games right now. Hopes is a very good writer. I do not really enjoy Philly (think his work is a bit too violent for the sake of it). Milfy City is a weird one, I always felt it was the most empty of ICSTORS games and dropped out after playing 3 or 4 updates.
I agree with pretty much every word of your post. Luna is one of my top 3 girls across all games. I do think DPC is a little bit better at writing dialogue, but Hopes has so far written a better plot.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
latest news ?
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

This week I've been writing dialogue, coding, producing GUI elements and working hard on my checklist. PCs have been rendering animations non-stop.

Currently, we're at 2144 completed static renders and 88 animations (And 1000+ GUI files, which I never count for these updates, but episode 6 will introduce multiple new features that needed extra work). I can't wait to read your reactions to these new features upon release.

32 animations are in the queue waiting to render. I estimate that I have ~50 more animations to pose on top of that, but it can be more and it can be less. I'll know for sure when I start working on the remaining lewd scenes.

I usually allot a number of animations per lewd scene before working on it and then tune the number if it's needed afterward. That's why it's hard to give accurate estimates without limiting creativity.

Static render wise I'm still feeling 3000+ is a feasible number for this huge episode.

Since I have written dialogue this week, I can go back to posing static renders next week but also continue writing.

I'll give you an update on the checklist progress next Friday and hopefully, it can be of a more detailed nature as it's gotten significantly shorter already.

It's full speed ahead on my end.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Reactions: Mpkstroff
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes