ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
easy example

I'm interested in Josy, would telling Derek I'm interested in his sister's girlfriend would be a wise move?

I in real life would keep it to myself

but not even because I can trust Derek or not, but because I would put him in a difficult position.
I don't know if I should tell you this, or how to tell you this but this is a GAME, not real life. :ROFLMAO: Derek is there on that moment, for collecting data about the player decisions. :D

but to properly answer, I need to know Derek response if you say you are interested in Josy,. He can easily see in that way, if Josy is willing to break up with Maya for somebody else, then Maya is better off without her, But Derek, not intervening in Maya relationship to much, both Maya and Josy, cheated, an they forgiven each other. It does not mean it can't have consequence for the MC and Derek relationship. but Derek pretty much know the whole story, he is in a tough position, so it's more than likely He stay out of it.

if MC dating Maya, and then cheat on her or hurt her in anyway , now that is a difference story, where Derek can hold accountable the MC, but for Josy's actions, he can't hold the MC responsible, in that scenario its Josy who eventually hurt Maya. Derek can easily see from this perspective. More or less, because he also know the History, between Josy and the MC.

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't know if I should tell you this, or how to tell you this but this is a GAME, not real life. :ROFLMAO: Derek is there on that moment, for collecting data about the player decisions. :D

but to properly answer, I need to know Derek response if you say you are interested in Josy,. He can easily see in that way, if Josy is willing to break up with Maya for somebody else, then Maya is better off without her, But Derek, not intervening in Maya relationship to much, both Maya and Josy, cheated, an they forgiven each other. It does not mean it can't have consequence for the MC and Derek relationship. but Derek pretty much know the whole story, he is in a tough position, so it's more than likely He stay out of it.

if MC dating Maya, and then cheat on her or hurt her in anyway , now that is a difference story, where Derek can hold accountable the MC, but for Josy's actions, he can't hold the MC responsible, in that scenario its Josy who eventually hurt Maya. Derek can easily see from this perspective. More or less, because he also know the History, between Josy and the MC.
I know I know:oops::LOL:

I don't remember what I made MC answer and I'm looking for a hope of not having fucked up:cry:

Sep 22, 2017
correct, but assuming that if MC tells the truth it cannot be Derek who betrays his trust

if Derek is a saint, it is normal that lying to him is wrong

trusting is always a risk, and Derek in the story is not only MC's friend but also Maya's brother, and this second aspect is getting the upper hand

I'm being devil's advocate huh
I doubt Derek would actively sabotage the MC's advances towards Josy if he knew about his plans. His main problem with the MC flirting with Maya was knowing that anything they do together will be cheating, he admitted this early in EP4. As long as these plans aren't about making one of them cheat on the other but to simply present the MC as an alternate option, it should be fair game.

Maybe I'm expecting too much rational thinking from a guy who seems to have physical pain from the thought of wearing a t-shirt in a place of higher education but I'll be royally pissed if I'm forced to hide the MC's intentions until they might break up on their own.:D

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
We had that in AL too when Leah reveals all the stuff the MC has done with other girls and it obliterates any chance at a relationship with Megan or Melissa, and that didn't go down well either.

Upsetting the established order of the MC's life and essentially giving players a "jerk MC" ending, even if he has objectively been a bit of a jerk, is a low blow for people who want to have a little bit of their cake and eat it too. Even if they can't get everyone, they at least want to get someone and without having a massive blowup with the ones they don't get. It may not accurately reflect real life, but it's not meant to and that's what makes these games so appealing.
It's pretty obvious DPC doesn't follow the established adult VN formula. He proved that with Acting Lessons and now he's doing the same with Being a DIK. Why do you think (or rather hope) it will be different this time?

Reactions: ename144

Yeeep

Sep 1, 2020
10 minutes into the game and i get a crash :

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in script
$ result = ui.interact()
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in <module>
$ result = ui.interact()
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Any idea what might cause this ?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
10 minutes into the game and i get a crash :

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in script
$ result = ui.interact()
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in <module>
$ result = ui.interact()
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Any idea what might cause this ?
Which version are you playing? This is a known bug in v0.5.0 and v0.5.1 but is fixed in v0.5.2. You can tell the version from the title screen,

Sep 22, 2017
It's pretty obvious DPC doesn't follow the established adult VN formula. He proved that with Acting Lessons and now he's doing the same with Being a DIK. Why do you think (or rather hope) it will be different this time?
"Hope" is the better word, yeah. And it's because people can learn from their mistakes. Flipping the formula completely just for the sake of doing the exact opposite of what most would expect is just as brainless as following it to the letter.

Just to be clear, I have zero problems with possibly devastating consequences of the MC's actions - as long as I have at least some control over them. So far, the MC cannot be faithful to just one LI, the game literally pushes him into the arms of others. As soon as that changes, getting caught and punished is 100% fair game. Until then, I don't want to hear about any moral high ground from anyone - let alone DPC - telling me "well you shouldn't have done that" because I FUCKING DIDN'T. :D

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
0.5.2 :(

This is the compressed version i just downloaded
Ah, you always need to be careful with the compressed versions, they come with a warning for a reason, they're unofficial and generally come with a warning about possible game breaking bugs, something that is missing from the most recent one unfortunately.

I always tell people to play the full version if they can.

Yeeep

Sep 1, 2020
Ah, you always need to be careful with the compressed versions, they come with a warning for a reason, they're unofficial and generally come with a warning about possible game breaking bugs, something that is missing from the most recent one unfortunately.

I always tell people to play the full version if they can.
Darn. I got the compressed one because the full version will take like 5 hours to download with my third world internet :confused:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Darn. I got the compressed one because the full version will take like 5 hours to download with my third world internet :confused:
That sucks, try registering with Mega then download MegaSync or install , that way you get a more stable download that you can leave running while you're at work/school/out doing cool shit :)

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
I don't want to hear about any moral high ground from anyone - let alone DPC - telling me "well you shouldn't have done that" because I FUCKING DIDN'T. :D
Oh yeah?! Well, I'm gonna tell it to you right now, mister. You need Jesus in your life! REPENT!

I don't think DPC is trying to flip the formula, he's just prioritizing other things over the lewd and fap material in his games.
And that disclaimer at the start of the game wasn't him just trying to fuck with people.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Established VN formula seems to be "fuck everyone, get away with it, build a harem", and this game certainly isn't doing that. But even so, it's still not a totally realistic game in terms of some of the things that have happened plus it's a college setting where the majority of characters are aged 18-22, so there's quite a bit of leeway to not go down the same road as AL by throwing in massive, life-shattering consequences for the MC sleeping around.

At the end of the day, these are kids in college and I just feel like it would be better to lean in to that "college experience" trope of hooking up with different girls with no strings attached rather than see the MC get into a committed relationship after just a couple of weeks. To that end, this is where I hope DPC will do things differently than AL because it's an entirely different setting with different types of characters, so they shouldn't repeat what they did with AL and instead do something different, which this would be.

Therefore, in the end, if a relationship doesn't work it wouldn't be because they got caught cheating or anything like that, but simply that the MC will, of their own volition or by force, choose someone but they still don't have to do that after just a couple of weeks. So, whilst that can still be quite heartbreaking for the LIs that they would essentially be breaking things off with, it would feel more in-line with this game's general feel than if a LI were to go off at him for being "unfaithful".

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
"Hope" is the better word, yeah. And it's because people can learn from their mistakes. Flipping the formula completely just for the sake of doing the exact opposite of what most would expect is just as brainless as following it to the letter.

Just to be clear, I have zero problems with possibly devastating consequences of the MC's actions - as long as I have at least some control over them. So far, the MC cannot be faithful to just one LI, the game literally pushes him into the arms of others. As soon as that changes, getting caught and punished is 100% fair game. Until then, I don't want to hear about any moral high ground from anyone - let alone DPC - telling me "well you shouldn't have done that" because I FUCKING DIDN'T. :D
Hmm... now I want to try to see if I can do a chapter 1-5 playthrough with no sex stuff. I wonder to what extent it's possible.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hmm... now I want to try to see if I can do a chapter 1-5 playthrough with no sex stuff. I wonder to what extent it's possible.
Just thinking about it off the top of my head, pretty much everything is avoidable with the exception of Maya's scenes in eps 1 and 3. So it's not possible to do a completely celibate run, but it can at least be 99% celibate.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Just thinking about it off the top of my head, pretty much everything is avoidable with the exception of Maya's scenes in eps 1 and 3. So it's not possible to do a completely celibate run, but it can at least be 99% celibate.
I need to know what happen if you no have sex with Josy in cap 2 i think

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes