scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
Something fucked up will happen at some point, not sure it will be to do with the MC in general or to do with who or who he may not be.
I would go with something along the lines of a drug overdose, possible death, Quinn getting the blame but the MC knows its not her but needs to work out if he wants to defend her or let a possible close friend/partner go down.
Or something to do with the prostitution side of things, we saw Mona saying she couldnt do something, so maybe Maya or Josy get dragged into it and things turn bad

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
No, DPC is doing just fine on their own. Working with a team would more likely increase rather than decrease time, especially if it's a distance working relationship where DPC has to communicate to them what they want. They'd waste valuable time instructing people how they want the characters to look, the pose to put them in, the camera angle, etc, and if DPC isn't happy with the results, they then have to spend time changing it. There's also the fact that other people aren't guaranteed to have machines as powerful as what DPC has so their rendering time might in all likelihood be slower.

I get the desire to want to see updates produced faster, not just for this game but for others as well, but DPC is producing thousands of renders in the same space of time it takes most other devs to produce a couple hundred, so I'd say they're doing just fine by themselves.
DPC is just one person why the "their" and "they'd"?

Cordohen

Sep 10, 2020
Okay. This is my first post in this thread and (more important) in the Zone, so ehm.. hi members/fans? ^^ (and hi staff.. I guess? if I understood correctly, newbies need their three first posts to be checked)

Just completed the first season of this game (after playing through Acting Lessons, which was really great btw) and felt I needed to share some of my thoughs with y'all. Like most people must have said through the 4000+ pages (!) of this thread already, I was genuinely impressed by the writing of these games. Never played through any Ren'py/VN games, so yeah, I was kinda going into uncharted territory. But still, I was really surprised of myself being that involved with the story and the characters. For the record, I am not someone that is easily moved by a movie or a song or anything, so GJ to the author because.. wow! AL and BAD S1 were quite an emotional rollercoaster. I laughed my ass off during the fun/comedic parts and genuinely felt like sh*t during the dramatic/sad moments. The use of music, combined with the great renders of the characters (facial expressions and stuff) and the overall good writing really did the trick for me. I didn't even have the feeling of playing an adult game, I was just... genuinely experiencing a compelling story in which I surprisingly found a lot of myself in. Sure Being A DIK kinda goes all over the place from times to times and tends to exagerate certain (most?) situations to reinforce the drama and/or the comedy, but in the end, it's still fun and captivating, and that's kinda why I was in for in the first place.

I enjoy a lot BAD so far, and I absolutely love the characters. The only thing I didn't really like is the whole Maya/Josy being in a relationship. The twist was okay but, in another hand, I kinda felt it was not that well executed. I felt it was something that was added on the way, and not imagined from the beginning. I really liked Maya being on her own and not being related to another girl/main character. But in the end I understand why the author made that choice (it helped a lot in the character development and Josy now have a lot more importance to the story). And speaking of choices, I really enjoyed the DIK/CHICK duality system. It adds a lot to the "actions have their consequences" thingy and really involves the player deeply into the story.

Can't wait to get into Episode 5 (and the future episodes after that), for now I'm going all-in with Maya and Jill, with a little bit of Sage from times to times (gonna be hard when we'll have to decide lol).

Also, nothing to do with the above, but I was wondering if the full savefiles that you can download just unlock the missing renders/scenes or if they also change the paths/choices you made during the initial playthrough. I'm asking because I kinda lost a lot of extras because of the game constantly crashing on me every 5 minutes or so (dunno what's the issue exactly but I'm working on it, seems to be hardware related but I'm not completely sure). The thing is, when the game crashes, even if you did a quick save just before it does, you somehow lose the renders and the scenes you unlocked (only way I found to keep them was save and then quit the game myself before it crashes).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
Okay. This is my first post in this thread and (more important) in the Zone, so ehm.. hi members/fans? ^^ (and hi staff.. I guess? if I understood correctly, newbies need their three first posts to be checked)

Just completed the first season of this game (after playing through Acting Lessons, which was really great btw) and felt I needed to share some of my thoughs with y'all. Like most people must have said through the 4000+ pages (!) of this thread already, I was genuinely impressed by the writing of these games. Never played through any Ren'py/VN games, so yeah, I was kinda going into uncharted territory. But still, I was really surprised of myself being that involved with the story and the characters. For the record, I am not someone that is easily moved by a movie or a song or anything, so GJ to the author because.. wow! AL and BAD S1 were quite an emotional rollercoaster. I laughed my ass off during the fun/comedic parts and genuinely felt like sh*t during the dramatic/sad moments. The use of music, combined with the great renders of the characters (facial expressions and stuff) and the overall good writing really did the trick for me. I didn't even have the feeling of playing an adult game, I was just... genuinely experiencing a compelling story in which I surprisingly found a lot of myself in. Sure Being A DIK kinda goes all over the place from times to times and tends to exagerate certain (most?) situations to reinforce the drama and/or the comedy, but in the end, it's still fun and captivating, and that's kinda why I was in for in the first place.

I enjoy a lot BAD so far, and I absolutely love the characters. The only thing I didn't really like is the whole Maya/Josy being in a relationship. The twist was okay but, in another hand, I kinda felt it was not that well executed. I felt it was something that was added on the way, and not imagined from the beginning. I really liked Maya being on her own and not being related to another girl/main character. But in the end I understand why the author made that choice (it helped a lot in the character development and Josy now have a lot more importance to the story). And speaking of choices, I really enjoyed the DIK/CHICK duality system. It adds a lot to the "actions have their consequences" thingy and really involves the player deeply into the story.

Can't wait to get into Episode 5 (and the future episodes after that), for now I'm going all-in with Maya and Jill, with a little bit of Sage from times to times (gonna be hard when we'll have to decide lol).

Also, nothing to do with the above, but I was wondering if the full savefiles that you can download just unlock the missing renders/scenes or if they also change the paths/choices you made during the initial playthrough. I'm asking because I kinda lost a lot of extras because of the game constantly crashing on me every 5 minutes or so (dunno what's the issue exactly but I'm working on it, seems to be hardware related but I'm not completely sure). The thing is, when the game crashes, even if you did a quick save just before it does, you somehow lose the renders and the scenes you unlocked (only way I found to keep them was save and then quit the game myself before it crashes).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Welcome to the madhouse, friend. :)

• Hey there
Reactions: Cordohen

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I enjoy a lot BAD so far, and I absolutely love the characters. The only thing I didn't really like is the whole Maya/Josy being in a relationship. The twist was okay but, in another hand, I kinda felt it was not that well executed.
Welcome to the club. :ROFLMAO:

(And the forums. :giggle:)

And speaking of choices, I really enjoyed the DIK/CHICK duality system. It adds a lot to the "actions have their consequences" thingy and really involves the player deeply into the story.
You have much to learn, young one. ;)

Jill or Josy? :unsure: Just curious if that's what you meant since you can't get Maya without Josy right now, or if you meant that you're sticking with M&J (that's how we abbreviate Maya & Josy around here) in the hopes of getting Maya alone but are also going for Jill.

Are you using the compressed version? Because maybe it's an issue with that, or if you're not using the compression version perhaps your hardware isn't up to spec.

Reactions: Cordohen

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Not that much younger. Lynette, the MC's Mom, is 18 when she meets Neil, and factoring in the time it takes to build a hotel, she could have been around 20 or 21 by the time she leaves her family to be with him. For Jill to be Lynette's sister, there would have to be a huge age gap, like if Lynette had the MC when she was 21, Jill would have to be 2 at the time making Lynette 19 years older, and nobody has vivid memories of things from when they were 2, so Jill couldn't possibly remember an older sister if that were the case.

The thing that debunks this theory the most is the picture in Jill's drawer under her bed that is clearly of her as a child of probably around 9 or 10 years old with what would appear to be her sister who looks to be in her late teens and who also looks nothing like Lynette.

View attachment 809956

The "Jill Aunt" theory doesn't hold water and never has, not just because the game itself pretty much debunks any possibility of it with this picture and the age gap of the MC and Jill, but because the dev also debunks it and they're not going to go back on that.
And why the picture in Black and White in the late 2000s?

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
why people dont get it .? ... the obvious reason why there will be no incest that the game is on steam .. they dont tolerate such things ... the mc is not a Royce and that's it just move on already
They don't care about incest on steam..There are incest games on there

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
They don't care about incest on steam..There are incest games on there
Yep. Picture Perfect is on Steam, for instance. AFAIK, the daughters are even still referred to as 'daughters' in the game, no landlord/tenant silliness present.

Reactions: Warhawk1

Cordohen

Sep 10, 2020
Welcome to the club. :ROFLMAO:

(And the forums. :giggle:)
Thanks!

You have much to learn, young one. ;)
If by that you mean that the game also kinda lead you to the same result and that the consequences aren't that as important as we would believe in the first place then yeah, I guess I am a bit aware, since I've already kinda experienced multiple paths haha. But I still think that at least the "illusion" of it works pretty well and that it was a nice addition in comparison to AL. ^^

or if you meant that you're sticking with M&J (that's how we abbreviate Maya & Josy around here) in the hopes of getting Maya alone but are also going for Jill.
That's what I meant. :p I kinda don't really care that much about Josy anymore, so when there'll be a good opportunity to get Maya over her, I'll take it gladly without second thinking lol.

Are you using the compressed version? Because maybe it's an issue with that, or if you're not using the compression version perhaps your hardware isn't up to spec.
I'm using the original version, and my specs should be way more than fine for that kind of games (I'm fine with recent AAA games for example). I also experienced a lot of BSOD recently, so that's why I'm thinking of a hardware problem, but the thing is that I'm getting these crashes only on Ren'py games (and the BSOD happens more frequently when I'm running a Ren'py game, but sometimes it happens just like that, for no apparent reasons). :unsure:

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
In this preview after we went to the ice cream parlor. MC and Jill have a picnic or go to her home. she starts talking about her sister then she start crying. MC comfort her then they start kissing then boom they start have sex.
Man, why do half of Jill's faces make her look like a human-shark hybrid about to bite something off.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
In this preview after we went to the ice cream parlor. MC and Jill have a picnic or go to her home. she starts talking about her sister then she start crying. MC comfort her then they start kissing then boom they start have sex.

View attachment 810096
Yeah... the whole 'girl is really sad and upset, so you have sex with her' thing doesn't always turn out so well. I'm hoping that scene plays out a bit differently.

Reactions: l69p and Dashxp4k
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes