Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
but in reality they talk about it, and MC asks her not to do anything.

Jill might insist, but it's not the time and let MC rest.

This is the second time in a few days that Jill has seen MC attacked by Chad / Jocks, and we have gone from bullying to a real assault, what alternative would it be? that MC do himself justice? with another fight?

a mature person in that situation can only do one thing, and she also takes the responsibility of going against what MC asked of her (if we want we can make Jill a lot of burden)

as players we have the illusion of winning, but ultimately MC takes a lot of beating anyway, Chad doesn't look much worse off than MC.

MC's position makes no sense, for Jill, as for any mature person, the idea that they solve it (probably with a new fight) makes no sense, and there is no reason to believe it ended there.

if a girl had been attacked would it make sense not to report the fact?
A girl being attacked and a boy who trains martial arts getting attacked is not the same. It's not even comparable. Both MC and Jill is right on that case. If reporting the incident would stop the further violence, MC would also agree on it. But it'll escalate things, we'll see

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
How did i not notice your username up until now? Gave me a good laugh mate.
I don't post that often compared to some other people here so it's easy to miss. And I didn't have Arieth in my signature until recently so it wasn't THAT obvious

Posted September 18,2020

This week I've been working on art, posing static renders and animations.
The current completed render count is 2641 renders and 108 animations.
I have a queue consisting of 305 renders and 35 animations.
When the queue is complete, it totals to 2946 renders and 143 animations.
The static renders are coming along nicely. I have 8 scenes and 2 free roam events left to pose renders for; some of these scenes are partially complete.
I estimate the remaining number of static renders to pose to be somewhere between 200-400.
When it comes to animations I have approximately 20-30 more to pose; one and a half lewd scene remains.
As you can see from this, there's quite some render time left (55-65 animations + 505-705 static renders).
I will focus on coding/writing the next week while the PCs render the art in the queue.
Other news
Thanks to all of you for your support! I can't believe we are over 8000 patrons in the community now. That's insane!
As a milestone reward, I want to share a couple of previews from episode 6.
I hope they still your hunger for the episode a while longer.

Have a nice weekend!
Love you guys
Dr PinkCake
So it looks like 3-4 weeks until the episode is complete

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Posted September 18,2020

The static renders are coming along nicely. I have 8 scenes and 2 free roam events left to pose renders for; some of these scenes are partially complete.
I estimate the remaining number of static renders to pose to be somewhere between 200-400.
When it comes to animations I have approximately 20-30 more to pose; one and a half lewd scene remains.
As you can see from this, there's quite some render time left (55-65 animations + 505-705 static renders).
I will focus on coding/writing the next week while the PCs render the art in the queue.
Other news
Thanks to all of you for your support! I can't believe we are over 8000 patrons in the community now. That's insane!

Have a nice weekend!
Love you guys
Dr PinkCake
Gotta say, as impressive as these numbers are, let's just hope it delivers. I remember with Ep 5 there was so much hype based around the render and animation count being the biggest yet, and whilst that episode was, as all episodes are, high quality with several good moments, it also landed a little flat owing to the fact that it was largely contained within 2 free-roams and didn't advance much in-game time.

Here we have an episode than will likely have over 3000 renders and 160 animations, and from the previews it looks like it might bounce around quite a lot, with Quinn going to see her dealers, a DnG game, a possible date with Jill, drinks with Tommy and Nicole, the MC's birthday, etc. So hopefully it will keep a good pace and not feel too packed full of things, but I'm excited nonetheless to see what's in store for us and for the characters. :giggle:

Also, tell me where it hurts, my dear, misunderstood Quinn, and I will soothe what ails you. :cry:

fr45

Dec 25, 2017
... DPC can take as long as they need to get it right because quality takes time and they don't need to hurry up the work pace between each update, even if some people think they should. It might take another 3-4 years to complete ...
I must say, it baffles me how people can say this when project funding method is based on monthly donations instead of one-time fundraiser.

MatSCarlet

Apr 12, 2020
I don't know why but the MC's birthday give me chills, i hope i am worng about it. But seem a Date with Nicole and Jill gives me hopes.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This week I've mainly been writing, posing static renders and worked on one free roam event.

2497 renders and 103 animations are done.

In terms of writing, I have 1.5 free roam events and some phone content left. I managed to write the other scenes that remained this week.

Of course, I'll need to playtest a lot and tweak/flesh some scenes out if needed, but it's shaping up in this area.

I'm going to focus on producing art next week, I have some scenes with many characters in them left to pose. Roughly 12 scenes + 2 free roam events remain.

I didn't pose any new animations this week, since the queue already has plenty of work lined up.

For music, I think I got every song needed for the episode. We're looking at 10 new free CC0 songs and 22 new licensed tracks. Some of those licensed tracks made it into my personal top songs of the entire game, so I can't wait for you to hear them.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Posted September 18,2020

Other news

Have a nice weekend!
Love you guys
Dr PinkCake
This week added 144 renders and 5 animations (vs. 132 renders and 9 animations last week). Animations are still looking like the bottleneck, even more than before. At this rate, with so much left to do, we're looking at a minimum of about 5 weeks just to finish rendering the animations. Admittedly, that could decrease if the remaining animations are very short. But it could easily double if they are longer than they were this week.

I'm beginning to suspect we may be waiting into November. :cry:

Still, things are definitely intriguing. And Quinn's outfit here is different than in the first preview. So it looks like confirmation Episode 6 will cover at least 2 new days!

Rykuto

Donor
Nov 26, 2017
I must say, it baffles me how people can say this when project funding method is based on monthly donations instead of one-time fundraiser.
DPC is one guy, working around the clock to bring you the best content he can, as quickly as he can, and he doesnt expand for reasons listed below.

"I'm not looking to recruit people for any parts of the game development. I will continue to do this gig solo until the day I stop doing it. I don't want to rely on someone else to match my workflow and high demands. I also fear that it could potentially ruin the vision I have for the game. Also, I wouldn't be a good boss, I would micro-manage way too much and that could actually end up hurting my productivity. I think the end-product would suffer if I brought more people on board, because this is a product of passion; what I'm doing right now I'm devoting the majority of my life to, for a foreseeable future." - DPC

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Posted September 18,2020

Other news

Have a nice weekend!
Love you guys
Dr PinkCake
SO CLOSE

screenshot0116.png ep3_dng4.jpg

PaulGaul

Aug 9, 2017
I would be suprised if by the end of BaDik DPC didn't change (more or less) into Icstor'y persona. It doesn't have to be plain obvious like in Icsotr. It could be like longer updates cycle, special (christmas) updates, etc. That kind of money changes people.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Quinns problems seems to become bigger and bigger... She seems unable to control that. But Mona will wake her up throwing water on her !
This next episode will be epic ! Lots of content from differents event (bar with Tommy and Nicole, Game D&G, Quinn's business, MC's birthday...)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm beginning to suspect we may be waiting into November. :cry:
As long as it arrives before I get my PS5. I don't really want to have to choose which one to play first. :cry:

I would be suprised if by the end of BaDik DPC didn't change (more or less) into Icstor'y persona. It doesn't have to be plain obvious like in Icsotr. It could be like longer updates cycle, special (christmas) updates, etc. That kind of money changes people.
Doubt it. It's plain to see that DPC has far greater dedication to their craft and to their supporters than ICSTOR ever did, and even if the updates are getting larger, that just shows how much more effort they're putting into it. The money has changed them a bit, but only in so far as they have insulated themselves within their paying supporters and now seem to have a palpable contempt for the site that helped their exposure in the early days and is still funnelling new supporters to them. But I don't see them ever becoming as bad as ICSTOR.

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
A girl being attacked and a boy who trains martial arts getting attacked is not the same. It's not even comparable. Both MC and Jill is right on that case. If reporting the incident would stop the further violence, MC would also agree on it. But it'll escalate things, we'll see
Jill doesn't know the MC is trained in Martial Arts if I remember right, in her POV he didn't show that he has the ability to protect himself. The fact of the matter is Jill more often than not sees the MC in a tight spot, during the Chad fight, the MC, depending on our action, has his ass handed to him or he gets sucker punched by Chad which either way left him semi-unconscious, that is definitely alarming, especially for someone who has a tough experience in regards to bullying. Things may escalate, but not doing anything at all might prove to be worse for the MC in the long run than doing something about it.

tezster

Jun 11, 2017
Posted September 18,2020

Other news

Have a nice weekend!
Love you guys
Dr PinkCake
I'm guessing another ~3-4 weeks of rendering/writing + 1~2 weeks of testing, so mid/late October release.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes