felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Exactly. as I've said before...the disclaimer is most likely there because nowadays the world is full of snowflakes who take offense and get upset at every little thing. It's on Steam, he just covering ass so no one can sue him.
and that warning will surely shut them up just in case !!

it can only go like this ...

I believe DPC is the snowflake in this case ...:confused:

Reactions: Maviarab

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
oh my fucking god, why is there still talks about if BaDIK is gonna go Acting Lessons way? DPC said after he "announced" this game after finishing AL that, BaDIK will have light theme. After 0.1 came out, it was said again. And again, and again, and again, and again, and again. If someone quotes this and says "but the warning at the beginning", I will burn down his/her house.

This. Game. Will. Not. Have. Dark. Stuff. On. AL. Level. ffs
Bella watches from the sidelines, thumbing her ax.

• Haha
Reactions: RonnieBoi

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
I don't know what's going on, but most of the people started talking about if the game will have a dark path. Or a dark ending.
To be honest I replayed the game multiple times and tried all the things. In the game, there is being a chick or a dik.
That will summaries the direction your character will take. obviously you knew that, or didn't.
I believe that meter opens the paths to either good, neutral or bad endings.
otherwise it wont be there just for show. Well, that is what I believe.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't know what's going on, but most of the people started talking about if the game will have a dark path. Or a dark ending.
To be honest I replayed the game multiple times and tried all the things. In the game, there is being a chick or a dik.
That will summaries the direction your character will take. obviously you knew that, or didn't.
Yeah, I don't understand it... People seem to think that because the developer's first game was dark that every game they make will be dark. Since DPC explicitly said this won't be then I will take him at his word that even the bad endings won't be as dark as Acting Lessons. Of course we could just wait and see.

Reactions: Noor Oneal

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
we have to agree on what a dark ending is.

if a Li (or an important character) died in a car accident would it be a dark twist? and for overdose?

these are "credible" events and also quite common.

for now the first twist was more of a surprise, followed by a long outburst, on balance nothing that left serious consequences (if a player wants Maya and Josy knows what to do, if he wants them individually he has to wait, but probably will be satisfied)

and I'm pretty sure that all players are expecting more of these twists, even more incisive ones, how far DPC will go no one knows.

Reactions: Noor Oneal

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
Yeah, I don't understand it... People seem to think that because the developer's first game was dark that every game they make will be dark. Since DPC explicitly said this won't be then I will take him at his word that even the bad endings won't be as dark as Acting Lessons. Of course we could just wait and see.
Yeah, the game is still basically just starting to get serious. Season 1 was mostly introductions and how the game works.
This game seems to have different paths, it's up to the player which path they want. developer wont just force the dark ending down our throats.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
we have to agree on what a dark ending is.

if a Li (or an important character) died in a car accident would it be a dark twist? and for overdose?

these are "credible" events and also quite common.

for now the first twist was more of a surprise, followed by a long outburst, on balance nothing that left serious consequences (if a player wants Maya and Josy knows what to do, if he wants them individually he has to wait, but probably will be satisfied)

and I'm pretty sure that all players are expecting more of these twists, even more incisive ones, how far DPC will go no one knows.
Yes, And yet again, That is the players choice and that choice open different paths.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Wasnt there a deleted scene of Jill blowing the MC in ep 5?
Nope, as of Episode 5 we're not even close to going that far with Jill, her and MC haven't even been fully nude in front of each other. Jill's the only relevant girl in the game so far to not have an actual lewd scene that isn't a glorified makeout session.

Reactions: RustyRug

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
a car accident seems to me a very different thing from a psychotic serial killer ... :oops:

our choices determine the path, true, but not what happens or not, that establishes the plot regardless of what we decide
That is true, What happens in the story before we can even make a choice is not in our control. Still, They need to make the story interesting and mysterious. A bit of dark stuff is always good to fuel the story but too much will destroy it. I haven't played acting lessons, I always had a feeling from that something was not right. And turns out the ending was very dark. well, I hope they learn from that lesson and not make Being a DIK dark since they know the consequences.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
oh my fucking god, why is there still talks about if BaDIK is gonna go Acting Lessons way? DPC said after he "announced" this game after finishing AL that, BaDIK will have light theme. After 0.1 came out, it was said again. And again, and again, and again, and again, and again. If someone quotes this and says "but the warning at the beginning", I will burn down his/her house.

Non-controvertial version of my previous, deleted, post

It will never end, there will always be new players. Well, one day the Sun will expand, destroying the inner planets but, even then, the humans living on Europa, Ganymede and Titan will likely be asking the same question, albeit from the perspective of failing to understand how humans could ever have been restricted to 2 sexes/genders :LOL:

hellsgateee

Jan 3, 2019

This.

I haven't played Acting Lessons yet but I kinda now what is so dark about it (yeah I spoiled myself reading the stuff here). The warning at the beginning of Being a Dik doesn't necessarily mean that there is something equally dark waiting for us. I mean the setting and the age of the characters are different. The end of episode 3 was shocking and depressing for me. And we have not even learned about
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so I believe there will be stories that can make some of us depressed but I don't think it will be AL level. And don't forget the culture DPC grew up in. If they are truly from Sweden, we are talking about a country with high number of suicides, DPC maybe wanted to put that warning to simply prevent people on the edge to be overwhelmed.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
buddy, that
may not be the case, but if you go to his patreon and what he said here before leaving suggest that it may have some dark elements, but you are right, it may not be as "dark" though better to be prepared for anything just in case, people have different "triggers" and something that affect you may not affect me the same way. (I personally don't think this will be that dark either, but that is always suggestive in who is reading & playing)
" I would like to warn you that the story might hit close to home, at times. The general tone will be happy, but if you're in a dark period of your life, I'd advise you to not play the game. "

Reactions: RustyRug

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
buddy, that
may not be the case, but if you go to his patreon and what he said here before leaving suggest that it may have some dark elements, but you are right, it may not be as "dark" though better to be prepared for anything just in case. (I personally don't think this will be that dark either)
After the backlash that happened with Acting Lessons I'm sure he wants to try to keep from surprising people with the darkness, whatever shade it maybe, but I don't think that this will be as dark. The fact that so many people seem to be worried makes me think that perhaps they aren't in the right place to be playing the game when it does get dark.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes