MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
This really gets to the heart of the issue for me, which is how the whole thing was resolved. It was a resolution without much sense, where M&J not only forgave each other easily but also literally kissed and made up leaving the MC to feel like the spare prick at a wedding and then, for some arbitrary reason, rejected him if he wanted something before because of a game mechanic even if he did absolutely everything he could with each of them.

I have always maintained, and will likely continue to maintain even after this game is completed, that M&J should not have gotten back together but instead been unsure of where this whole situation leaves them. They could still forgive each other because they both cheated on each other with the same person for the same reasons and so they understand each other, but their relationship should now be uncertain and so the MC could have jumped in to say how he feels and then either propose the 3 of them keep seeing each other, or take some time to all just be friends and figure things out. That would have been more satisfying and made a lot more sense.
Yeah, it felt too much like it was neatly wrapped up and a bow placed on it.

I see people say this a lot, and not just about this game, but "freedom" in these games is largely impossible. It's not like we're playing The Sims and we can totally control the life of the MC, there's always a level of linearity to these stories, even choice based ones, because the choices lead to certain pre-set outcomes. The MC and the story have already been designed to be shaped in a certain way by certain actions, so even VNs that feel like they have freedom still don't have total freedom because you're still playing a path that was created by the dev and one that can be followed by everyone so there's no uniqueness to that "freedom".
I don't mean freedom in the "GTA Online" run around with a rocket launcher causing mayhem type of freedom. More that I would like to see the branching paths sooner than later... I really want to see the story moving forward and the MC being shaped and the paths being opened or closed off. As I only played AL after it was completed I don't know how long it will take DPC to develop this story to where the choices matter and we will get to pick the MC's one or two or ???

Remplier

Jun 16, 2018
Maya : I have a boyfriend
*some time later*
Maya : Please be completely honest with me
*some time later*
Maya : I actually don't have a boyfriend.
*some time later*
Maya : Lemme kiss you and do sexual stuff with you because why not? oh and you going back home to date someone makes it awkward, and I didn't like you not telling me about it. You weren't being honest with me.
*some time later*
Josy shows up at the door. (woops I forgot to tell you I'm actually in a relationship)
Sure there's nothing wrong with her. Nothing at all. She also forgets to tell Josy about what they did, but she had her plate full, so all's good.
Josy did nothing wrong, except she forgot to tell Maya she invited MC to her house and ask MC to "stay the night". Having sex is player choice, so not counting the sex there. But even if she and MC didn't, she intended to.
As I said, yeah I see nothing wrong here :HideThePain:

I actually restarted the game to see if I was misremembering something, cuz I don't remember being that upset with Josy or Maya. I gotta say I still think things are being kinda blown out of proportion, particularly with Josy. Josy tells you within the day that she is in a relationship, *but* that it's complicated and that she has a crush for the MC too. Those conflicted feelings explain why she went on the date with him, and in my book she was honest enough. By then, the MC has the basic information that will allow him to decide whether or not pursuing that relationship is worth it. The risk being there's a chance he will be rejected later, and the benefit being that he might get Josy to break up with her current partner. Whether or not that's a risk worth taking is up to the individual players, but he has the cards he needs to make a move on whether to pursue it or not. Afterwards, Josy and the MC weren't sure if they were gonna see each other again, since he'd been admitted to R&B and she hadn't. With that level of uncertainty, why would Josy prioritize being with him over Maya, if he also had the potential to turn into a long distance thing, same as Maya? So I kinda get why Josy and MC text each other to test the waters, but without going all in, and putting all their eggs in one basket.

As for Maya, she also reveals that she has a boyfriend quite early on, and way before the heavy flirting starts. Whether it's a boyfriend or a girlfriend is not as important as the fact that she is in a relationship. It's up to the player to decide whether they wanna pursue something with her knowing that someone already has a serious advantage over them, or if the risk is not worth it. In short, it also amounts to them being free enough to date around with others, knowing that Maya's already committed and thus likely to break your heart, if you put too much energy into it.

If anything, the biggest dick move was Maya not telling Josy about the MC, so I actually agree with those saying the MC over-reacted, by giving J&M the silent treatment for as long as he did. So yeah, the way in which J&M made up after having cheated on each other with the MC was a little unbelievable to me, as well. But their betrayal of each other is way more serious than the half-truths they told the MC. But to each their own, I guess.

Last edited:

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
I love how people are jumping to defend Josy and Maya. And claim that MC is a man whore. Find it hilarious actually. None of them are playing from the perspective of the MC. Let me guess only defending them because they are hot. But you aren't playing them. You ARE the character. Beginning of the game and the story that he tells Bella, aside from a whole lot of small dialogue bits, should have given you a clue as to what kind of person he really is. And so are the actions and dialogue of everyone else in the game for that matter.
I am not going to get back into that discussion, but please go on. I find reading your defenses of them entertaining as hell.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I love how people are jumping to defend Josy and Maya. And claim that MC is a man whore. Find it hilarious actually. None of them are playing from the perspective of the MC. Let me guess only defending them because they are hot. But you aren't playing them. You ARE the character. Beginning of the game and the story that he tells Bella, aside from a whole lot of small dialogue bits, should have given you a clue as to what kind of person he really is. And so are the actions and dialogue of everyone else in the game for that matter.
I am not going to get back into that discussion, but please go on. I find reading your defenses of them entertaining as hell.
you say it's because we have a guilty conscience? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

maybe:cry:

• Haha
Reactions: Vollezar

Remplier

Jun 16, 2018
They're not hotter than the other characters, to be honest. I actually prefer Sage over them, when it comes to looks. Way I see it, this is a game that you can submerge into, to the point where you get to sympathize with the main character. That's how good it is. But it also means that, at other times, you can explore options you probably wouldn't explore in real life, since there aren't really any consequences to your actions, and there's no risk of getting your heart broken. That's why it has a lot of replay value. That's probably one of the reasons why I don't think that what Maya and Josy did is unforgivable. It is hurtful, but they both revealed that they were in some sort of relationship very early on. They definitely used the MC to some extent, but he got something out of it as well - for those who aren't seriously into Josy or Maya, he got a chance to get laid with them or fool around to some extent. For those who were into those girls, he got a chance to...well, get a chance - despite the risk of being rejected.

Also, I don't know for how long this convo has gone on, but I haven't implied the MC is a manwhore. I don't think it's his fault J&M cheated on each other with him, it's their fault they cheated on each other. Which is why I was surprised they forgave each other so easily, instead of there being a scenario where they, for instance, break up. But I guess that also has something to do with pinkcake not wanting to create too many paths, to the point it becomes unmanageable.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I still think that "hatred" towards Maya and Josy is mainly linked to their "playing time"

the first season basically is the story of MC, Maya and Josy, if they accept MC in the relationship it could already be the ending of their game ...

this already puts in a bad mood all the players who for aesthetic or other reasons were more interested in other characters

Reactions: Remplier

Remplier

Jun 16, 2018
Ok, so I have a question. Has anyone here managed to find a path in which they can balance their DIK points and CHIK points in a way that allows them to fuck Camilla and Mona in the bathroom stall, but still get the chance to be in a relationship with Maya and Josy?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Only need HUGE Dik status..nothing to do with Affinity...which is required for M&J relationship (Chick or Neuttral). That's where the system falls down...can be massive dik status...but huge chick affinity and vice-versa. Makes no sense.
if the affinity we consider it a kind of public fame it is unusual but possible.
the consideration that others have of you does not necessarily follow your actions
you can be Lex Luthor, a well-regarded bastard, but you can also be a spiderman, a badly-judged hero ...

what is out of place is that affinity also has value on those who know you, on those who know how you behave

Reactions: MarinBladewing

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Oh I understand that perfectly yeah...still doesn't chage the fact that it doesn't work exactly how DPC thought it would or if it's exactly how he wanted it, then it's a failure of a design in my eyes as it is contradictary to itself.

(Lex Luthor analogy was very good btw)
what do you mean? what are you referring to?

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I kindda hoped for a early november release, but it looks like It will be later on... :( I can wait for months without being impatient about it, but few last weeks are the hardest to bare, at least for me.
I know everyone wants updates as soon as possible but I trust there will be an update worth the wait as always.

Good weekend to Brother and sisters:

Reactions: Real Kreten

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
View attachment 859651
Read, my dude. I'm not making shit up.

Which one of the LIs is having sex with multiple other guys or girls? Have we been playing the same game?

Exactly why he has no reason whatsoever to be upset about Josy and Maya since neither he nor them made it clear that they want to be in a relationship with each other. You're literally arguing against your own point right now.:D
Who's Skyler? He's not in my game... :unsure:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I know it’s not easy to be comfortable with those who ask "stupid" but try.
or no one dares to ask anything even that is stupid.

Peace and love for all you guys.

Reactions: Real Kreten

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I have always maintained, and will likely continue to maintain even after this game is completed, that M&J should not have gotten back together but instead been unsure of where this whole situation leaves them. They could still forgive each other because they both cheated on each other with the same person for the same reasons and so they understand each other, but their relationship should now be uncertain and so the MC could have jumped in to say how he feels and then either propose the 3 of them keep seeing each other, or take some time to all just be friends and figure things out. That would have been more satisfying and made a lot more sense.
I agree, DPC solved their issues too fast, literally a while back they were ready to leave each other behind for a new thing, heck even in EP5 in a friendship route Josy says its huge Maya liking the MC because she always believed she was a lesbian. The most realistic scenario would be the opposite of them getting back together and give each other some time off to figure out their feelings about each other and the MC, and leave the threesome relationship for the closure.

I am still pretty sure they will break up at some point so that we can get solo paths.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes