Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree, DPC solved their issues too fast, literally a while back they were ready to leave each other behind for a new thing, heck even in EP5 in a friendship route Josy says its huge Maya liking the MC because she always believed she was a lesbian. The most realistic scenario would be the opposite of them getting back together and give each other some time off to figure out their feelings about each other and the MC, and leave the threesome relationship for the closure.

I am still pretty sure they will break up at some point so that we can get solo paths.
That's almost what it feels like in Ep 5 when Maya proposes what she does. It feels like a retcon of that situation and now Maya's basically saying, "let's all just chill, stay friends, and figure things out", but it would have worked a lot better doing that in Ep 4.

Feb 13, 2020
I agree, DPC solved their issues too fast, literally a while back they were ready to leave each other behind for a new thing, heck even in EP5 in a friendship route Josy says its huge Maya liking the MC because she always believed she was a lesbian. The most realistic scenario would be the opposite of them getting back together and give each other some time off to figure out their feelings about each other and the MC, and leave the threesome relationship for the closure.

I am still pretty sure they will break up at some point so that we can get solo paths.
Or it's the threesome path. Same for Bella and Jill. They go in pairs :LOL:

That's why I consider Sage the main LI, because she's solo. No friend of hers is a LI after all and she's not directly linked to the others LI.
She has no connection to Jill and Bella and she's not the mother of Josy or Maya so doesn't really interact with them.

So that and that apparently I have a thing for read-head now make me think that she really is the MI of the game.

Reactions: xortor

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, it felt too much like it was neatly wrapped up and a bow placed on it.
No argument there. The scene in the library feels insanely rushed, especially after a whole episode building up to it. It gets even weirder when Episode 5 swiftly unties the neat bow while simultaneously providing a whole new set of incompatible reasons for why the threesome didn't work if the MC is on the friendship route.

I sometimes wonder if Episode 5 was originally meant to be the end of Episode 4. Not just that DPC split the story up because it got too big, but that he intended to end the first story arc with MC/Maya/Josy in a mutually ambiguous position, the DIK mansion wrecked, and the MC getting his jacket.

When he realized he was going to have to split the story, he faced a dilemma. If he simply split the story, he would end the season by resolving the cliffhanger on an ambiguous note. But if he restructured the story to fix that new pacing, he'd have to tear up his original outline and work out a whole new structure for Episodes 5+. So he tried to split the difference: he tacked on an overly simplified resolution to the Maya & Josy drama in Episode 4 to give a relative happy ending, then turned the remaining bits of his plot into a sort of bonus episode that could patch up the loose ends while still ending where the next episode was "meant" to pick up.

I'm probably overthinking it, but it would explain why we got an Episode 5 that feels like a minimal story padded out with gratuitous sex scenes and a low-grade retcon of the M/J threesome.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I could neither care less about either...no nut november of jacking off to games lol. neither could I also care about colour awareness month, bearded lady tuesday or no ball shave week.
Where did his no nut november shit come from? It's movember. Grow a moustache for prostate cancer awareness.

Reactions: Marley300 and 311

Donor
Apr 11, 2020
Where did his no nut november shit come from? It's movember. Grow a moustache for prostate cancer awareness.
Preach! Only time of the year where you can actually grow out the stache without getting funny looks (and do good at the same time)- count me in!

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
No argument there. The scene in the library feels insanely rushed, especially after a whole episode building up to it. It gets even weirder when Episode 5 swiftly unties the neat bow while simultaneously providing a whole new set of incompatible reasons for why the threesome didn't work if the MC is on the friendship route.

I sometimes wonder if Episode 5 was originally meant to be the end of Episode 4. Not just that DPC split the story up because it got too big, but that he intended to end the first story arc with MC/Maya/Josy in a mutually ambiguous position, the DIK mansion wrecked, and the MC getting his jacket.

When he realized he was going to have to split the story, he faced a dilemma. If he simply split the story, he would end the season by resolving the cliffhanger on an ambiguous note. But if he restructured the story to fix that new pacing, he'd have to tear up his original outline and work out a whole new structure for Episodes 5+. So he tried to split the difference: he tacked on an overly simplified resolution to the Maya & Josy drama in Episode 4 to give a relative happy ending, then turned the remaining bits of his plot into a sort of bonus episode that could patch up the loose ends while still ending where the next episode was "meant" to pick up.

I'm probably overthinking it, but it would explain why we got an Episode 5 that feels like a minimal story padded out with gratuitous sex scenes and a low-grade retcon of the M/J threesome.
This makes a lot of sense. I wonder how the Cathy cluck fits into it. Was the original plan to have then end of Hell Week and the destruction of the DIK mansion at the end of season one (which I think is a far better cliffhanger for the end of the season), but due to time constraints/length of episode, the Cathy cluck was created to fill the immediate cliffhanger (and Quinn stuff in the background?). I don't know, but I agree it's a little off and what you've suggest might've flowed better narratively.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
lol just imagining how intimidated Tommy must feel about his 'son' haha

when he heard from Jacob how he saw MC fuck Quinn on the roof top and when MC beat up the chad tank

Anyway, I don't know how I feel that I'm more excited for the new episode than CyberPunk.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

I agree with you that the scene in the library is out of place as a conclusion to the first cycle.

but it cannot be said to be rushed, after MC escapes from the dormitory, Maya and Josy make up immediately, and even if we are not shown directly it is evident that they have already gone beyond the "double betrayal", Josy at least can only be aware of it since she knows what she did and can't help but realize she interrupted something. it's pretty much the same for Maya too, who can't help but know that Josy is MC's famous date when he's back home.

when they meet in the library, it is not three lovers who have to decide what to do, but there is already a couple who must decide what to do with the third wheel. in fact it is Maya and Josy who consider MC worthy or not.

MC's speech as well as being "strategically" a suicide is also completely useless, it reveals something that everyone present knows.

in the picnic scene, DPC tries to sweeten this fact by highlighting the fear of being alone, but in the library the only one who could be left alone was MC, and that wasn't a problem. and it's a bad step back, in the library they decided to stay together because they want to follow their heart, at the picnic they reveal that they have chosen this way in order not to be excluded (as Josy individually confirms in the case of refusal to MC after the scene of the father's visit)

in sentimental matters it is credible not to be very lucid, and to understand what one feels even with time, then the protagonists are objectively young and therefore it is all quite credible, but the substance is this

Reactions: moskyx
Mar 18, 2019
If MC and Jill were to get together, and it looks like they might in the next few episodes, Tybalt is gonna find some fucked up way to ruin their relationship, and if what people are saying is true about MC and Jill being related somehow, this story with MC and Jill is going to be very interesting

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
If MC and Jill were to get together, and it looks like they might in the next few episodes, Tybalt is gonna find some fucked up way to ruin their relationship, and if what people are saying is true about MC and Jill being related somehow, this story with MC and Jill is going to be very interesting
He'll likely try but he'll definitely fail. If Jill and MC don't work out it'll most likely be because of the choices the player has made.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
please WVM is already suffering from no-incest thing and 3 characters are off-limits. Jill is the most gorgeous one in this game and I'll hate to be in anyway related to her. Don't want Jill to be off-limits.

Mar 18, 2019
please WVM is already suffering from no-incest thing and 3 characters are off-limits. Jill is the most gorgeous one in this game and I'll hate to be in anyway related to her. Don't want Jill to be off-limits.
If you’ve played the story from ep1-ep5 slowly, Jill and Bella have been very secret about Jill’s past, and it’s only speculation that MC and Jill are related, nothing set into stone

Mar 18, 2019
He'll likely try but he'll definitely fail. If Jill and MC don't work out it'll most likely be because of the choices the player has made.
True but there are would be many outcomes if MC and Jill don’t work out, like Talbot tries to ruin their relationship, or MC has DIK duties and he can’t spend time with Jill, or maybe M&J and MC start to work out when MC is already with Jill, so many other outcomes

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If you’ve played the story from ep1-ep5 slowly, Jill and Bella have been very secret about Jill’s past, and it’s only speculation that MC and Jill are related, nothing set into stone
It's not even speculation, it's just people (and, by people, I mean idiots) deliberately ignoring the fact that the dev doesn't include incest in his games because he's not into it.

It is for this reason set in stone that they're not related.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes