Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
And some people don't seem to have a sense of humour. :rolleyes:
but I was joking too, you are saying you don't like my humour :(

Beauty is a subjective matter, but in my PoV, Sage's physical beauty comes more from the fact that she is a redhead with green eyes and freckles than from the shape of her face, which is so-so in my book, she is the only girl that I find less attractive when her hair is not tied. For me, Bella and Jill are the true beauties, but Bella slightly lower because she always has that grumpy menacing look (Ice Queen indeed) that puts me off, and her smiles are often very subtle, but if she were to be more joyous then it's a tie.
Bella is good when you get to know her, she only comes off as "Ice queen" when she doesn't trust the mc, after the mc tells her his past she does a 360º change, you even see a few smiles and laughs after that, for me someone that only shows her true self when they trust in that person is something very appealing because it means not many get the privilege to see that side of her :)

Last edited:

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
1. Jill and Sage (sorry, but I really can't pick)
2. Josy
3. Bella
4. Maya (if she wasn't blonde she might have been higher)
Beauty is a subjective matter, but in my PoV, Sage's physical beauty comes more from the fact that she is a redhead with green eyes and freckles than from the shape of her face, which is so-so in my book, she is the only girl that I find less attractive when her hair is not tied. For me, Bella and Jill are the true beauties, but Bella slightly lower because she always has that grumpy menacing look (Ice Queen indeed) that puts me off, and her smiles are often very subtle, but if she were to be more joyous then it's a tie.

Reactions: Vollezar

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
I wasn't arguing. If that's what you guys thought. I thought he asked us to list our faves in the order we see them.
To me I can't decide between Jill and Sage. I like the personalities of both and both of their faces look perfect to me, probably because of everything else about them.

Reactions: Mistrophera

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Bella is good when you get to know her, she only comes off as "Ice queen" when she doesn't trust the mc, after the mc tells her his past she does a 360º change, you even see a few smiles and laughs after that, for me someone that only shows her true self when they trust someone is something very appealing because it means not many get the privilege to see that side of her :)
Bella is perfectly fine not to trust MC at the benining ...

he is part of a brotherhood of imbeciles, and she finds him naked behind a bush ... despite this she helps him ...
Bella decides to give him a second chance and he shows up drunk ...

I wish I had met "Bella" in my life

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020

Bella is good when you get to know her, she only comes off as "Ice queen" when she doesn't trust the mc, after the mc tells her his past she does a 360º change, you even see a few smiles and laughs after that, for me someone that only shows her true self when they trust someone is something very appealing because it means not many get the privilege to see that side of her :)
What I wrote is along the lines of physical beauty not their overall looks and personality you know, I'll save that for another debate :)

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Q: Can I translate the game for you into my language?
A: No, thank you. I'm not looking to hire or collaborate with translators. I tried that in the past and it wasted too much time without anything to show for.

Dr PinkCake
Some thoughts about this... as an amateur translator here, I'm just sad DPC thinks that way, although I can understand it to some extent. I know even some AAA titles aren't localized and lewd games being a niche just make things worse, but this coming from one of the top developers is, still, quite disappointing. But what really bugs and triggers me is that, let's be honest, it's not really a matter of 'wasting time': if you want to release your game with one or several translations included in the original build (or release different versions, one for each localization, all at the same time as a 'worldwide' release), obviously you'll have to wait for them to be done, but of course you could just release translated versions on a later date, and "no one" would complain... as long as the translation is good enough. Which leads me to the next, real reason: money. I just wish he had worded it.

A good translation costs money, but there are lots of educated professionals you can hire without worrying about their lack of skills or honesty. You'll get "something to show for", they'll do a great job in the agreeded time and won't leak your game nor your script/assets. And DPC is in a point where, just like he purchases certain songs for the game's soundtrack, he could make professional deals instead of dealing with those ghostly wannabe translators that migh have burned him before. Problem is, obviously, that the economic returns of a paid translation are highly dubious: from my experience on the Spanish market, I know there's some interest in this kind of games but the amount of people willing to pay for them is not that high for cultural and demographic reasons; also many of those who know about this 'industry' are used to play in English anyway and will support the devs they like regardless their games are released in Spanish or not. And I guess any other 'foreign' language faces the same issues. So, could DPC make an effort and try to reach those people who can't play BaDIK in English but might become interested enough to pledge him on Patreon or buying the game on Steam if they could play it in their own language? He could, obviously he's not willing to because he's sure it's not worth it.

That said, while Devs are not getting money from people who want to play their games in other languages than English, there are some amateur translators (not me) that are making a tiny profit offering unofficial translations, sometimes even pure MTL garbage. That's something to consider, too: just as Nature, market will find its way and there always be people ready to fill the gaps.

Tl;dr: If I'm writing all of this is because I know I can't ask DPC to come up with a marketing plan to develop the non-English market for lewd games, but he's the one of the few who could start that path and, as I've said above, it's just sad he's not even willing to translate his games. Fortunately, there are other devs out there far more open to help their own games reach other markets and who are supportive of fan-made translations and even encourage them to the point of making them official. But please don't say translations are a waste of time: if anything, they could be a waste of money. There's nothing wrong on openly admitting it.

Also, BaDIK's code is a real pain in the ass for translators, as obviously it wasn't designed with that perspective in mind. Just had to get it said :)

moxyy

Nov 21, 2019
Bella is good when you get to know her, she only comes off as "Ice queen" when she doesn't trust the mc, after the mc tells her his past she does a 360º change, you even see a few smiles and laughs after that, for me someone that only shows her true self when they trust in that person is something very appealing because it means not many get the privilege to see that side of her :)
Doing a 360 change means she's the same she was at the beginning, so she didn't change at all? i get what you mean though

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Some thoughts about this... as an amateur translator here, I'm just sad DPC thinks that way, although I can understand it to some extent. I know even some AAA titles aren't localized and lewd games being a niche just make things worse, but this coming from one of the top developers is, still, quite disappointing. But what really bugs and triggers me is that, let's be honest, it's not really a matter of 'wasting time': if you want to release your game with one or several translations included in the original build (or release different versions, one for each localization, all at the same time as a 'worldwide' release), obviously you'll have to wait for them to be done, but of course you could just release translated versions on a later date, and "no one" would complain... as long as the translation is good enough. Which leads me to the next, real reason: money. I just wish he had worded it.

A good translation costs money, but there are lots of educated professionals you can hire without worrying about their lack of skills or honesty. You'll get "something to show for", they'll do a great job in the agreeded time and won't leak your game nor your script/assets. And DPC is in a point where, just like he purchases certain songs for the game's soundtrack, he could make professional deals instead of dealing with those ghostly wannabe translators that migh have burned him before. Problem is, obviously, that the economic returns of a paid translation are highly dubious: from my experience on the Spanish market, I know there's some interest in this kind of games but the amount of people willing to pay for them is not that high for cultural and demographic reasons; also many of those who know about this 'industry' are used to play in English anyway and will support the devs they like regardless their games are released in Spanish or not. And I guess any other 'foreign' language faces the same issues. So, could DPC make an effort and try to reach those people who can't play BaDIK in English but might become interested enough to pledge him on Patreon or buying the game on Steam if they could play it in their own language? He could, obviously he's not willing to because he's sure it's not worth it.

That said, while Devs are not getting money from people who want to play their games in other languages than English, there are some amateur translators (not me) that are making a tiny profit offering unofficial translations, sometimes even pure MTL garbage. That's something to consider, too: just as Nature, market will find its way and there always be people ready to fill the gaps.

Tl;dr: If I'm writing all of this is because I know I can't ask DPC to come up with a marketing plan to develop the non-English market for lewd games, but he's the one of the few who could start that path and, as I've said above, it's just sad he's not even willing to translate his games. Fortunately, there are other devs out there far more open to help their own games reach other markets and who are supportive of fan-made translations and even encourage them to the point of making them official. But please don't say translations are a waste of time: if anything, they could be a waste of money. There's nothing wrong on openly admitting it.

Also, BaDIK's code is a real pain in the ass for translators, as obviously it wasn't designed with that perspective in mind. Just had to get it said :)
I can't disagree with that.

But in DPC's defense, he's a one man show. Any time he spends ironing out a translation is time he doesn't spend making the actual game. If he were willing to accept a machine-translation level of quality, or if there was already a well-established pipeline to translate this sort of game, the time involved might be small enough to justify it. But I can't blame him for not wanting to develop that pipeline from scratch when he's already waist deep in a massive project.

Jan 16, 2020
I think he's using real life standards man.

But I do think the problem with Bella is her waist and ass, like come on there's no way a librarian like that would go unnoticed. Anyway issa game, whatever.
Dunno man. People who look like that are unicorns. How likely are you to see a person looking like that in real life? Very very unlikely. I wouldn't rule it out though. You can probably see people who look like that in Brazil with a similar frame and bust but probably not natural however.
As for the realism in this game, lol. It's a joke. Any of the LIs would probably be instagram models and would have dropped out of college :LOL:

Pelf1996

Jul 21, 2020
Dunno man. People who look like that are unicorns. How likely are you to see a person looking like that in real life? Very very unlikely. I wouldn't rule it out though. You can probably see people who look like that in Brazil with a similar frame and bust but probably not natural however.
As for the realism in this game, lol. It's a joke. Any of the LIs would probably be instagram models and would have dropped out of college :LOL:
The problem with these kind of bodies are almost always the waist, a girl can have a big ass and big tits but to keep that with a non existent waist only after some surgeries, even here in Brasil lol.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
But in DPC's defense, he's a one man show. Any time he spends ironing out a translation is time he doesn't spend making the actual game. If he were willing to accept a machine-translation level of quality, or if there was already a well-established pipeline to translate this sort of game, the time involved might be small enough to justify it. But I can't blame him for not wanting to develop that pipeline from scratch when he's already waist deep in a massive project.
Yes, I do feel bad that non-English speakers can't enjoy the game in its full glory, but I don't blame DPC one bit. Story and game development come first.

As an aside, I have to say this is one of the few games that has given me legit laugh out loud moments. I don't even know what playthrough number I'm currently on, but Derek and the toothbrush and almost all the scenes antagonizing Tybalt are still hilarious to me.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes