moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I'd agree that it's a shame that translations are generally an after thought in English AVNs, but I feel you've misconstrued the wasted time bit:

He tried getting translations done, but they failed to deliver. I take this to mean working with flaky translators was the waste of time, not translations per se.

DPC is a control freak at the best of times, so not surprising he's not pursuing translations after a bad experience.

Though you make an excellent point that hiring professional translators would solve that, no idea what that would cost though. Then you're more in the realm of your money point - is there sufficient demand to make professional translations profitable and worth the time and effort to manage.
A real pro localization is expensive, that's for sure. From what' I've read, there's usually a couple of people translating the texts, then another 2-3 people for proofreading and betatesting to check they didn't break anything. I couldn't find any info about fees but I guess if you want to go all formal this is not cheap at all. But I'm sure there's a middle ground between his bad experiences with fake translators and a pro studio, as I know there are groups of serious people who work as a studio but just for fun, making some quality fan-translations for free. Yeah, you have to find them (or trust them when they reach to you) so it takes some time, but how much time could it be compared with the time spent looking and dealing for suitable music? If there's a will there's a way, especially when you're making some money from this. But it's obvious here the will is lacking due to his control freak natural impulses and his bad experiences.

Which leads me to your point about how translations are not a planned thing in most cases.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Meushi

ojijang77

Oct 16, 2020
anyone know name game, the mc living with his mom then his aunt coming and then the mc playing around with his aunt got caught by mom and got kicked out from the house. i play it before but i forgot the name of the game, oh yes i remember the mc have an maid that he can fuck. sorry for my poor english

• Angry
Reactions: MoonSae

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
anyone know name game, the mc living with his mom then his aunt coming and then the mc playing around with his aunt got caught by mom and got kicked out from the house. i play it before but i forgot the name of the game, oh yes i remember the mc have an maid that he can fuck. sorry for my poor english
You should take your question to the Recommendations and Identifications section. This is not the place to ask that sort of question.

Reactions: akikospam74

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
the visit?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
it's a million dollar question ...

it is not known, it is not known if there is a path for Maya and Josy individually (probably yes), it is not known if this path can be accessed even after we have been accepted in the triangular relationship (unlikely).

my idea is that Maya and Josy, whether we're in a relationship with both of us or just friends, will break up at some point (not always, but it can happen), and that this will be a highly dramatic point in the story
I think (or maybe it's more hope) that there is a very good chance for the M&J relationship with the MC to work out. Mainly I just feel that it would not be right to dash people's hopes again the way they did in AL. It's not a conventional relationship and it would be difficult, but it's not like it couldn't work out if handled the right way.

Also, I feel like having the MC in that relationship with them would be better than him not being with them in terms of keeping them together. He honestly feels like he would have something a calming influence role in the relationship, that when they face difficulties, pressures, etc, him being there for them to offer support and advice as a romantic partner could help keep them grounded and level-headed. He somewhat did that already by being there for them at a moment when they needed such comfort, and it's what developed his relationships with each of them. Sometimes it felt like they slightly resisted this because of their conflicted feelings, but now that it's all out in the open and they're in something of a realtionship with each other, the MC can now really occupy that role of being the acnchor point of the relationship, to be a rock for both Maya and Josy.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think (or maybe it's more hope) that there is a very good chance for the M&J relationship with the MC to work out. Mainly I just feel that it would not be right to dash people's hopes again the way they did in AL. It's not a conventional relationship and it would be difficult, but it's not like it couldn't work out if handled the right way.

Also, I feel like having the MC in that relationship with them would be better than him not being with them in terms of keeping them together. He honestly feels like he would have something a calming influence role in the relationship, that when they face difficulties, pressures, etc, him being there for them to offer support and advice as a romantic partner could help keep them grounded and level-headed. He somewhat did that already by being there for them at a moment when they needed such comfort, and it's what developed his relationships with each of them. Sometimes it felt like they slightly resisted this because of their conflicted feelings, but now that it's all out in the open and they're in something of a realtionship with each other, the MC can now really occupy that role of being the acnchor point of the relationship, to be a rock for both Maya and Josy.
without MC, in fact, their relationship was already over, if it had not been MC the lover of both there would have been a definitive crisis.

to me they give the impression of a fragile, very fragile couple.

I say this knowing that it is useless and fundamentally wrong to analyze their behavior as if they were real people.

theirs is just a girl crush, it's a relationship that has never grown, has never been tested (and if we consider Maya's father's hostility a test, they have not passed it)

Needless to say, Maya is the weak link between the two

Reactions: Vollezar

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
without MC, in fact, their relationship was already over, if it had not been MC the lover of both there would have been a definitive crisis.

to me they give the impression of a fragile, very fragile couple.
This is kind of what I was saying, that the MC is good for both of them and with the affection they all have for each other, he could be what holds them together, but without him they'll fall apart.

theirs is just a girl crush, it's a relationship that has never grown, has never been tested (and if we consider Maya's father's hostility a test, they have not passed it)

Needless to say, Maya is the weak link between the two
I feel that their relationship reminds me of the story Evey is told in "V for Vendetta" about the lesbian actress, Valerie. She had a crush on a girl in school and they had a relationship but for this other girl it was just a phase that she grew out of it but Valerie was always gay. In this scenario, I feel like Josy is more like the girl in that story who grew out of it and Maya is the one who was more committed.

Therefore, I'd say that Josy was more the weak link because whilst Maya may not be standing up to her Dad to defend their relationship, Josy was the one who was prepared to leave everything behind, especially Maya, to go and start a life somewhere else. She was also considering dumping Maya for what could be seen as an easier relationship with the MC. So it felt more like Josy wasn't strong enough to deal with the stresses and strains of the relationship, whereas with Maya it felt more like she was trying to hold on more to that relationship and hoping for the best.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is kind of what I was saying, that the MC is good for both of them and with the affection they all have for each other, he could be what holds them together, but without him they'll fall apart.

I feel that their relationship reminds me of the story Evey is told in "V for Vendetta" about the lesbian actress, Valerie. She had a crush on a girl in school and they had a relationship but for this other girl it was just a phase that she grew out and Valerie was always gay. In this scenario, I feel like Josy is more like the girl in that story who grew out of it and Maya is the one who was more committed.

Therefore, I'd say that Josy was more the weak link because whilst Maya may not be standing up to her Dad to defend their relationship, Josy was the one who was prepared to leave everything behind, especially Maya, to go and start a life somewhere else. She was also considering dumping Maya for what could be seen as an easier relationship with the MC. So it felt more like Josy wasn't strong enough to deal with the stresses and strains of the relationship, whereas with Maya it felt more like she was trying to hold on more to that relationship and hoping for the best.
Josy was about to quit when she thought she couldn't go to BR college, in which case their relationship would be scarred. otherwise she always maintained with Mc that she was already in a relationship.

Maya gave up earlier and it's still not clear why.
it's Maya who would have moved on with MC if Josy hadn't knocked on her door ...

but when I said that Maya is the weak link I was referring to something else in reality: to the fact that she is clearly not at ease with her sexuality, she is the one with the most objective problems: both the free tuition and her father would be enough to sweep her away (if not helped by others), she is in trouble in her relationship with Quinn...

Josy's only theoretical weakness is Tommy, whose danger towards her has yet to be demonstrated

between the two it is Maya who could go into crisis much more easily

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Josy was about to quit when she thought she couldn't go to BR college, in which case their relationship would be scarred. otherwise she always maintained with Mc that she was already in a relationship.

Maya gave up earlier and it's still not clear why.
it's Maya who would have moved on with MC if Josy hadn't knocked on her door ...

but when I said that Maya is the weak link I was referring to something else in reality: to the fact that she is clearly not at ease with her sexuality, she is the one with the most objective problems: both the free tuition and her father would be enough to sweep her away (if not helped by others), she is in trouble in her relationship with Quinn...

Josy's only theoretical weakness is Tommy, whose danger towards her has yet to be demonstrated

between the two it is Maya who could go into crisis much more easily
Josy kept saying she was in relationship, but she had no trouble having a romantic date with MC at her house and having sex with him. She was also the one who was not responding to Maya's attempts to reach out.
Maya, on the other hand, kept trying to reach Josy and maybe was hoping they could maintain relationship. Seeing that Josy was ignoring she eventually gives up and seeks comfort from MC. She already liked MC, I suspect, when she told him that she does not have a boyfriend. Tells him that probably because she thought that Josy didn't want a relationship anymore.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Josy kept saying she was in relationship, but she had no trouble having a romantic date with MC at her house and having sex with him. She was also the one who was not responding to Maya's attempts to reach out.
Maya, on the other hand, kept trying to reach Josy and maybe was hoping they could maintain relationship.
Seeing that Josy was ignoring she eventually gives up and seeks comfort from MC. She already liked MC, I suspect, when she told him that she does not have a boyfriend. Tells him that probably because she thought that Josy didn't want a relationship anymore.
this is not true.

remains a confusing part of the story, but we know that Josy contacted Maya and Maya was always very rude to her, we don't know why or about what (perhaps because of Josy's problems in getting admitted to the BR)

they talk about it on the famous evening of Josy's arrival, where a joke about diarrhea is enough to forget everything

then that only Josy is a real traitor I agree, but then we must believe that Maya was convinced that the story was over, which makes no sense

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes