Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
this is not true.

remains a confusing part of the story, but we know that Josy contacted Maya and Maya was always very rude to her, we don't know why or about what (perhaps because of Josy's problems in getting admitted to the BR)

they talk about it on the famous evening of Josy's arrival, where a joke about diarrhea is enough to forget everything

then that only Josy is a real traitor I agree, but then we must believe that Maya was convinced that the story was over, which makes no sense
Which part is not true?
I thought that it was Maya who was trying to contact Josy. I know Josy ignored MC when he tried to contact her after their not quite happy ending in her parent's bed.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Beta testing will start before the end of October.

The release date will be sometime in the first half of November.

I'm not setting a final release date yet, because if testing fares good, it's going to get released earlier.

It's time to start preparing for the release, even for you.

The best way you can do this is by having a clean install of your game ready and then download the new patch upon release.

That will help a lot to reduce the stress on the servers.

If you need a fresh version of the game, you can .

If you want to download the entire full version on the release date, that's fine too. But be advised, servers will likely be slower due to the high demand and the full version is ~11GB.

The patch on the other hand is ~3.0 GB.

For uploading, I will be using multiple hosts as always, to give you alternate mirrors to download from.

I promised you a changelog for this week's status update and here it is.

It's subject to marginal change due to testing and in case of any additional/scrapped content.

-- Changelog v0.6.0 --
  • Added Episode 6 that includes
  • 3334 renders
  • 162 animations
  • 34 songs
  • 25 sound effects

• Added a fast travel system for free roam events. It can be turned off in Preferences and is only active for a subset of free roam events starting episode 6.
  • Updated code for affinity and DIK status calculations.
  • Added an optional text box mode with an opacity slider to the preferences menu. Text legibility is improved by enabling this mode, but you will get centered text and a low opacity black text box when playing the game.
  • Removed the option Rollback side from preferences, due to redundancy.
  • Fixed bad variable names, episode 1-5, overriding a python library.
  • Your affinity will now be displayed in conjunction with major choices.
  • Fixed a bug with the number of scenes displayed in the Stats app that could be unlocked in episode 5.
  • Fixed a misalignment issue of the gallery for an Episode 5 mixed special render.
  • Revamped the episode title and ending overlays for episodes 1-6.
  • Made cosmetic changes to the episode stat report for episodes 1-6.
  • Revamped the Reward app.
  • Revamped the Scenes app.
  • When unlocking a special render, the character you unlocked a render for will have an exclamation mark in the Rewards app.
  • Fixed a bug where writing on Maya in episode 5 would register almost any word as being cute.
  • Fixed a faulty button placement of Maya #4 special render in episode 5.
  • Corrected typos

I estimate the playtime for the update to be somewhere between 4-6 hours for one proper playthrough.

Soon, DIKs.

Dr PinkCake

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Which part is not true?
I thought that it was Maya who was trying to contact Josy. I know Josy ignored MC when he tried to contact her after their not quite happy ending in her parent's bed.
bad memories.

Josy doesn't contact MC because her parents punished her and took her cell phone, as soon as she gets it back she contacts MC.

with Maya, I repeat it is not very clear what happens, but the two girls have heard several times, during these conversations Maya verbally assaulted Josy (it is not clear why), so I am more inclined to think that it was Josy who initially contacted Maya.

after being verbally assaulted and with the doubt of not going to the BR anymore it may also be that Josy has disappeared at that point

the girls agree that the responsibility lies with Maya's father, but even here it is not clear how

Reactions: Real Kreten

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
bad memories.

Josy doesn't contact MC because her parents punished her and took her cell phone, as soon as she gets it back she contacts MC.

with Maya, I repeat it is not very clear what happens, but the two girls have heard several times, during these conversations Maya verbally assaulted Josy (it is not clear why), so I am more inclined to think that it was Josy who initially contacted Maya.

after being verbally assaulted and with the doubt of not going to the BR anymore it may also be that Josy has disappeared at that point

the girls agree that the responsibility lies with Maya's father, but even here it is not clear how
There's a line in the first days where Maya says something like what's the point of keep on with a relationships when it's either fighting of being ghosted. If you're the one doing the ghosting you don't put it out like that

jonkybonkerjay

Apr 7, 2020
My theory is, Bella's husband probably got KIA/MIA while on tour, and before that she promised to wait for his return - but he never came back. Her strong emotional reaction with the MC in the library scene, all the flipped pictures in her house, and the appearance of the Army guy (since (I think) people rarely hallucinate a strange face) made me think of that. The locked room probably contain objects belong to the guy, his equipments, his uniforms, etc. I refuse to think that Bella's keeping his remains there, that's just too dark :oops:

arkagos

Feb 6, 2019
anyone know name game, the mc living with his mom then his aunt coming and then the mc playing around with his aunt got caught by mom and got kicked out from the house. i play it before but i forgot the name of the game, oh yes i remember the mc have an maid that he can fuck. sorry for my poor english
The visit....
By stiglet

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There's a line in the first days where Maya says something like what's the point of keep on with a relationships when it's either fighting of being ghosted. If you're the one doing the ghosting you don't put it out like that
as I wrote:
it may even be that at some point Josy avoided her, but that's after the college difficulties and the phone insults.

in my opinion it is a passage (that of the difficulties in the long-distance relationship between Maya and Josy) written, I don't know if intentionally, in a very unclear way

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
as I wrote:

it may even be that at some point Josy avoided her, but that's after the college difficulties and the phone insults.

in my opinion it is a passage (that of the difficulties in the long-distance relationship between Maya and Josy) written, I don't know if intentionally, in a very unclear way
Is there something in this VN written in a very clear way? That's kind of the whole point of it

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

I'm not setting a final release date yet, because if testing fares good, it's going to get released earlier.

The best way you can do this is by having a clean install of your game ready and then download the new patch upon release.

If you want to download the entire full version on the release date, that's fine too. But be advised, servers will likely be slower due to the high demand and the full version is ~11GB.

For uploading, I will be using multiple hosts as always, to give you alternate mirrors to download from.

It's subject to marginal change due to testing and in case of any additional/scrapped content.

-- Changelog v0.6.0 --
  • 3334 renders
  • 162 animations
  • 34 songs
  • 25 sound effects

• Added a fast travel system for free roam events. It can be turned off in Preferences and is only active for a subset of free roam events starting episode 6.
  • Added an optional text box mode with an opacity slider to the preferences menu. Text legibility is improved by enabling this mode, but you will get centered text and a low opacity black text box when playing the game.
  • Fixed a bug with the number of scenes displayed in the Stats app that could be unlocked in episode 5.
  • Fixed a misalignment issue of the gallery for an Episode 5 mixed special render.
  • When unlocking a special render, the character you unlocked a render for will have an exclamation mark in the Rewards app.
  • Fixed a bug where writing on Maya in episode 5 would register almost any word as being cute.
  • Corrected typos

I estimate the playtime for the update to be somewhere between 4-6 hours for one proper playthrough.

Soon, DIKs.

Dr PinkCake
It feels so close yet still so very far away. :cry: But great news nonethless that the testing begins and as much as I'd hope it's done quickly, I'd also rather they took as much time as possible to make sure everything is good because the last anything wants after this wait is to encounter any kind of game-breaking bug.

Most notable parts of this for me are:
  1. "3334 renders"
    • Damn, that's huge. :eek:
  2. "Added a fast travel system for free roam events"
    • Interesting. :unsure: I'm guessing this will be to move around rooms more quickly.
  3. "Updated code for affinity and DIK status calculations"
    • Will this change these in any way? :unsure:
  4. "Your affinity will now be displayed in conjunction with major choices
    • A very nice and welcome addition. (y)
  5. "I estimate the playtime for the update to be somewhere between 4-6 hours for one proper playthrough"
    • For one episode? :oops: Damn, this is gonna be huge. :D
Also, could someone perhaps update the download links in the OP? Because the one that's currently there is an unpacked version and not a clean version that will work for the update, which means that all the folks who downloaded that will have to download the full 11GB version of the game when Ep 6 releases.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Is there something in this VN written in a very clear way? That's kind of the whole point of it
:p
let's say that even in reality, trying to understand whose fault it is by listening to two lovers is not easy ...

in reality of the whole story of Maya and Josy there is only one aspect that for me is not explained and I was unable to understand:
what is the real state of their relationship. it's like schrodinger's cat, their relationship is both alive and dead at the same time for both of them

if this passage is explained later, for example when Maya's father comes into play, it may be that this confusion is intentional.
otherwise it was superficially written

• Haha
Reactions: moskyx

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I the army guy is interesting. The boots he has on are the same as the ‘floating’ boots in the locked room. I know people here dismiss the body theory due to the smell, I think (and hope) it’s a uniform on a mannequinn. It would explain what the MC saw without being too weird and depressing.

-- Changelog v0.6.0 --
  • 3334 renders
  • 162 animations
  • 34 songs
  • 25 sound effects

• Corrected typos

Soon, DIKs.

Dr PinkCake
Pleased with this. It’s a little later than I hoped, but the 6th or 13th isn‘t to bad. Especially since that means we’ll be free to play cyberpunk on our PlayStation 5s.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
My theory is, Bella's husband probably got KIA/MIA while on tour, and before that she promised to wait for his return - but he never came back. Her strong emotional reaction with the MC in the library scene, all the flipped pictures in her house, and the appearance of the Army guy (since (I think) people rarely hallucinate a strange face) made me think of that. The locked room probably contain objects belong to the guy, his equipments, his uniforms, etc. I refuse to think that Bella's keeping his remains there, that's just too dark :oops:
Hey now, stop trying to make perfectly logical sense! It ruins all the crazy (and sometimes completely idiotic) conspiracies here! :ROFLMAO:

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

-- Changelog v0.6.0 --
  • 3334 renders
  • 162 animations
  • 34 songs
  • 25 sound effects

• Corrected typos

Soon, DIKs.

Dr PinkCake
What version i need for only download the patch when episode 6 is released ?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Josy kept saying she was in relationship, but she had no trouble having a romantic date with MC at her house and having sex with him. She was also the one who was not responding to Maya's attempts to reach out.
Maya, on the other hand, kept trying to reach Josy and maybe was hoping they could maintain relationship. Seeing that Josy was ignoring she eventually gives up and seeks comfort from MC. She already liked MC, I suspect, when she told him that she does not have a boyfriend. Tells him that probably because she thought that Josy didn't want a relationship anymore.
Exactly. Josy seems to be actively pursuing the MC despite telling him she's in a relationship, or she's at least not rejecting him as a comforting presence and it's leading to her feelings for him deepening. Wheras with Maya, yes, she can allow certain things to happen, but she's keeping him at an arm's length whilst Josy is/can be literally hopping on his dick the first chance she gets.

Which part is not true?
Josy wasn't really ignoring him because her Dad took her phone from her for a few days which is why neither the MC or Maya received any responses from her.

:p
let's say that even in reality, trying to understand whose fault it is by listening to two lovers is not easy ...

in reality of the whole story of Maya and Josy there is only one aspect that for me is not explained and I was unable to understand:
what is the real state of their relationship. it's like schrodinger's cat, their relationship is both alive and dead at the same time for both of them

if this passage is explained later, for example when Maya's father comes into play, it may be that this confusion is intentional.
otherwise it was superficially written
I think they're both at fault in some way for the lack of communicating their feelings and possibly not even fully understanding each other's points of view. I see Josy as someone who wanted Maya to stand up to her Dad, but Maya doesn't because, despite his faults, she loves him and doesn't want to lose the important father/daughter relationship. Josy likely wouldn't have liked that and felt like Maya wasn't serious about their relationship, but Maya likely didn't respond well to Josy pressuring her and not understanding her feelings with regards to her Dad. So Josy seems to want someone who she feels is going her to put her first in their relationship and Maya seem to want to thread the needle and keep both sides happy, and this is what causes the friction between them.

They both probably wanted the relationship to work, but typical teenage angst coupled with a lack of proper communication and a lack of willingness to deal with their issues in a mature way caused them to fracture. They didn't know what to do when hit with some adversity and when you're that age, things like this can feel like the end of the world so they didn't handle it in a good way and it led to a lot of hurt feelings. Even now they have still haven't fully resolved everything and I feel they're going to be walking on egg shells for a while, which is what could lead to a split on the friendship path, but on the throuple path the MC would be closer to help them talk through their issues.

Yuno Gasai

Developer of "Acquainted"
GFX Designer
Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019

-- Changelog v0.6.0 --
  • 3334 renders
  • 162 animations
  • 34 songs
  • 25 sound effects

• Corrected typos

Soon, DIKs.

Dr PinkCake
1603467253954.png

looks like we are getting a major UI overhaul
one more reason to replay from start ;)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes