Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm reluctant to wade into this minefield, but I think Maya identifies herself as a lesbian based on more than just her time with Josy. Note her exchange with the MC in Episode 5:
View attachment 872857 View attachment 872858 View attachment 872859 View attachment 872860

She says she's only seen that with girls, not with Josy. To me, that suggests that Maya has been attracted to girls other than Josy, even if Josy is the only one she ever slept with.

Given her family background, it seems very plausible that Maya had a long time to recognize that she was attracted to girls rather than guys (and agonize over that fact) throughout her teenage years. So she was convinced she liked girls in general when she finally decided to try anything overtly sexual with Josy in particular.

The MC is therefore notable because she had similar feelings for him despite him being male. Technically, being forced to grind on him is overtly sexual, but it seems clear she felt something about the MC even before that. The tazing incident was the catalyst that made her realize exactly what those feelings meant.

Hence her confusion. She felt an attraction to girls, and her activities with Josy are accepted as proof of the general case. She felt an attraction to the MC, but not to any other boy. So how much do her activities with the MC prove?

That's my two cents, anyway.
The way I see it, what Maya describes are simply what she regards as feminine traits of caring, compassion, attentiveness, etc. It's traits she likes in a person but, up until now, it would seem she's only really seen it in other women. So it would perhaps also seem that her experience with guys up until this point has not been been particularly good as, with the notable exception of Derek, she hasn't met any guys that she's seen exhibit these character traits.

Now, when she meets the MC she is in something of a vulnerable state which could enhance and even heighten feelings she might not otherwise have had if things between her and Josy were good, but she sees in him the very character traits she likes within a person and it's what causes her to develop both an emotional attraction to him that develops into a deeper attraction and a physical one. So it may be more that she finds particular character traits and personalities attractive regardless of gender, but she didn't realise that until now and it's one of those things where if, in a different world, she had met and known the MC before Josy then she would have had a relationship with him.

Therefore, it seems she might be more attracted to who a person is rather than any specific gender.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm reluctant to wade into this minefield, but I think Maya identifies herself as a lesbian based on more than just her time with Josy. Note her exchange with the MC in Episode 5:
View attachment 872857 View attachment 872858 View attachment 872859 View attachment 872860

She says she's only seen that with girls, not with Josy. To me, that suggests that Maya has been attracted to girls other than Josy, even if Josy is the only one she ever slept with.

Given her family background, it seems very plausible that Maya had a long time to recognize that she was attracted to girls rather than guys (and agonize over that fact) throughout her teenage years. So she was convinced she liked girls in general when she finally decided to try anything overtly sexual with Josy in particular.

The MC is therefore notable because she had similar feelings for him despite him being male. Technically, being forced to grind on him is overtly sexual, but it seems clear she felt something about the MC even before that. The tazing incident was the catalyst that made her realize exactly what those feelings meant.

Hence her confusion. She felt an attraction to girls, and her activities with Josy are accepted as proof of the general case. She felt an attraction to the MC, but not to any other boy. So how much do her activities with the MC prove?

That's my two cents, anyway.
in my opinion we must take into account how much this "choice" has cost her.
Maya has invested so much in order to have many doubts.
if she had immediately had the doubt of being bisexual she would have faced the problem with her father in another way, instead it was immediately a wall to wall confrontation (does this expression make sense in English?), and in these situations both positions end with radicalization

Reactions: Maviarab

Grug-Magnon.

May 13, 2017
Since we are talking about maya sexuality ill throw my two cents as a bisexual man.
If i recall correctly she says that she has dated men briefly in the past, those were (probably) bad experiences so she starts to question herself, then she meets Josy and declares herself as a lesbian when they start dating, later on he meets the MC and starts questioning herself again.
So the thing is when you date a specific gender for a while thinking that you are one thing, it becomes scary to feel atraction(sexual and emotional) to the other gender, mostly because this means all those insecurities that you once had come back to haunt you, and this would explain why she is so reluctant to accept MC as a love interest, but she clearly has a preference for women.
So basically i think Maya is bi but has a hard time accepting it because she has a preference for woman and her experience with men hasnt been the best so she is in that exploring phase again.
Also when you been dating the same gender for a while you expect the oposite gender to act like that gender(like when i go for a man i expect him to be caring, in touch with his emotions and shit like that).
TL;DR: Maya is bisexual but she has a preference for woman and really high standards for men (this is way too comon btw)
PS: English isnt my first language so sorry for any grammatical/spelling mistake

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Since we are talking about maya sexuality ill throw my two cents as a bisexual man.
If i recall correctly she says that she has dated men briefly in the past, those were (probably) bad experiences so she starts to question herself, then she meets Josy and declares herself as a lesbian when they start dating, later on he meets the MC and starts questioning herself again.
So the thing is when you date a specific gender for a while thinking that you are one thing, it becomes scary to feel atraction(sexual and emotional) to the other gender, mostly because this means all those insecurities that you once had come back to haunt you, and this would explain why she is so reluctant to accept MC as a love interest, but she clearly has a preference for women.
So basically i think Maya is bi but has a hard time accepting it because she has a preference for woman and her experience with men hasnt been the best so she is in that exploring phase again.
Also when you been dating the same gender for a while you expect the oposite gender to act like that gender(like when i go for a man i expect him to be caring, in touch with his emotions and shit like that).
TL;DR: Maya is bisexual but she has a preference for woman and really high standards for men (this is way too comon btw)
PS: English isnt my first language so sorry for any grammatical/spelling mistake
That's a very good explanation and I very much agree as it's pretty much the same way I view it too.

Also, you're English was good. (y)

Reactions: Grug-Magnon.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I've got to say I'm miffed that on my light side playthrough, the game forces me to post a photo of an apparently unaware Bella in her bikini to rooster. That seems like a real dik move for a light side chick. MC knows Bella doesn't like posts like that because of how she commented on Jill's skimpy attire cluck.

I didn't want MC broadcasting his relationship with Bella for all the world to see. That's dangerous for her in particular given her position at the school. That bitch Quinn is already on to MC and Bella by that point because she earlier took clear note of them in the cafeteria together. The bikini photo later on just made it worse. Bad form!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I've got to say I'm miffed that on my light side playthrough, the game forces me to post a photo of an apparently unaware Bella in her bikini to rooster. That seems like a real dik move for a light side chick. MC knows Bella doesn't like posts like that because of how she commented on Jill's skimpy attire cluck.

I didn't want MC broadcasting his relationship with Bella for all the world to see. That's dangerous for her in particular given her position at the school. That bitch Quinn is already on to MC and Bella by that point because she earlier took clear note of them in the cafeteria together. The bikini photo later on just made it worse. Bad form!
Yeah, that does seem like an odd sort of thing to do because that would surely raise a lot of questions, not just among the students, but among the faculty and the school board too, as to why a student was in such a situation with a faculty member. Not to mention the fact that Jill is on Rooster and would definitely see this and bring it to Bella's attention, so I'm surprised she hasn't kicked his ass for it.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

it seems to me that at that moment, however, MC does not yet know that Bella is a teacher.

however, it remains a stain in history

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
it seems to me that at that moment, however, MC does not yet know that Bella is a teacher.

however, it remains a stain in history
Teacher or not, she's still a member of the college staff and this is the kind of thing that could get her fired, so him sending that out to be viewed publicly just doesn't seem right.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Teacher or not, she's still a member of the college staff and this is the kind of thing that could get her fired, so him sending that out to be viewed publicly just doesn't seem right.
This has come up before and, hard as it is to believe, there is no standard policy when it comes to relationships with students and staff in US colleges with most simply saying that teachers can't date their own students but are free to date students in different classes (I strongly suspect that Derek wasn't the first student the old teacher fucked)

That being said, I agree that posting that picture isn't the wisest decision but how many 18 year olds do you know who aren't, with the greatest respect, fucking idiots?

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

it depends on the country, but a professor-student relationship is always more serious than that between a student and a generic college employee, I believe that in most cases it is enough to officially declare it, however it does not create the same kind of "scandal"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This has come up before and, hard as it is to believe, there is no standard policy when it comes to relationships with students and staff in US colleges with most simply saying that teachers can't date their own students but are free to date students in different classes (I strongly suspect that Derek wasn't the first student the old teacher fucked)

That being said, I agree that posting that picture isn't the wisest decision but how many 18 year olds do you know who aren't, with the greatest respect, fucking idiots?
the problem is not accepting that Mc does nonsense, that is fine, but that these have no consequences.

like with the video with Jade, which theoretically could be a bomb but which will almost certainly be forgotten

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
the problem is not accepting that Mc does nonsense, that is fine, but that these have no consequences.

like with the video with Jade, which theoretically could be a bomb but which will almost certainly be forgotten
I think the opposite, if you've been paying attention to my posts in the thread you'll know that I've long expected Tommy to break with the Dik code at some point and blow up the MC's life. The Jade video is the big one but the Bella cluck would also raise questions. Other opportunities might include getting Troy to talk to the college staff about the fight or smoking weed on the roof (he could have pictures).

I think Chekov has a big gun collection ;)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think the opposite, if you've been paying attention to my posts in the thread you'll know that I've long expected Tommy to break with the Dik code at some point and blow up the MC's life. The Jade video is the big one but the Bella cluck would also raise questions. Other opportunities might include getting Troy to talk to the college staff about the fight or smoking weed on the roof (he could have pictures).

I think Chekov has a big gun collection ;)
i remember

the video with Jade compared to the others is a b52 ...

unfortunately it is too optional (only those who choose to go with Jade and among them only those who decide to share the video) to have real consequences in my opinion, if it does, I'll be happy.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
it depends on the country, but a professor-student relationship is always more serious than that between a student and a generic college employee, I believe that in most cases it is enough to officially declare it, however it does not create the same kind of "scandal"
I'm not in the US but from my time in the uni there were some students dating their teachers and it wasn't that big of a deal. But that's probably because they started dating before one of them started working as a teacher

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
She certainly has an emotional attraction to the MC but it's also physical too as she, like many others, seems very enamoured with the baseball bat and has even called it "beautiful", so she's clearly not dick-averse like you might expect a full-on lesbian to be.
Lesbians aren't actually dick averse though. If they were they wouldn't use dildos and strap ons.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Lesbians aren't actually dick averse though. If they were they wouldn't use dildos and strap ons.
Some are, some aren't. I know lesbians who use strapons and dildos and I know others that would beat you for even suggesting that they do. One woman I know prefers the idea of dick to dildos but prefers suicide to dick :oops:

I know her well enough to know she's not joking.

Reactions: RustyRug
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes