AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
No. I don’t think people will automatically support it. Some people probably don’t think about it. They come here either to get the game or to get answers. If someone suggests they pay for it they might think ‘you know what, I love this game I will.’ They might think ’Fuck that!’ Frankly I think this site is a driver of people to his Patreon, i’d imagine that’s one of the reasons he doesn’t spend time every day getting the links blocked.

As for your other points “I don’t like to pay for things“ Well, welcome to the world we live in. No argument for the Devs track record in this instance (though I haven’t supported MILFY City for this reason). Not liking the Patreon model is a weird position, especially if it is funding content you want. Let’s not forget you don’t have to subscribe long term. A one off payment can get you the game. Not liking Patreon is fine. Buy it on Steam.

You can justify and moralise you’re decision not to buy the game for whatever reason you like. It’s your choice. I think everyone who get’s the game through piracy, then finds they enjoy it, should make an effort to support the dev. I do, and encourage others to do so as well.
You 're overanalyzing examples and I never said this site doesn't help with promotion (quite the opposite). I'm saying nobody needs moralistic bullshit for that to happen. A user likes playing BADIK, feels like supporting financially, follows the link and it's done. And I'm pretty sure this and a bunch of other similar sites do exist in the world we live in unless I'm interacting with someone from another dimension right now. Welcome to the internet.

Buying a finished product on a platform like Steam is a fair transaction and I wish wegs were like that but you know that the games that end up there, and are finished (not early access bullshit), are the exception. Patreon milking is much more profitable than an one time transaction and for every BADIK that delivers a good amount of quantity and quality, there are a dozen milkers. Delivering a pitiful amount of content and just banking on hooking people who'd pay for everything as long as it involves their favorite niche fetish in the tags.

So yes, people might like a game and still dislike the platform and the behavior it enables. Not to mention the company's extreme censorship habits but that would be going way off-topic.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Unless this is him calling them on the Sunday right after getting the jacket and either he asks to stay with them because he still needs somewhere to sleep, or they invite him over to see the jacket and he ends up spending the night. This would, of course, very likely be for just the the M&J path and the non-M&J path would have something different.
In that case I would assume they'd do a video call, as they did in Episode 5; hard to see the jacket otherwise. My guess is this is just the MC checking in on them. It could be to set up the movie night we know is happening in some form or other.

There are so many things I'm hoping we can finally get into now that the MC has a chance to settle into a proper routine. I am alternately so excited and anxious! And we're still a week away. :oops:

Donor
Apr 11, 2020
I bought the game via steam and love it so much.. Wish i can have a student life like this but never happen to me..

Wish can support patreon but it way too expensive..
Don't fret, mate! I obviously can't be sure what percentage of folks in this thread actually bought the game, but i'm inclined to think that your purchase via Steam already puts you in the upper third regarding any kind of support towards DPC. (not that there is anything wrong with not paying for it, gotta remember what site we are on after all ;))

And yeah...don't we all wish we could've had at least some part of our MC's college experience? Although i'm pretty sure that shit not being nearly as wild where i went to college probably turned out to be good thing for me... :LOL:.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Thing about this AVN is, that it is in a very over used trope. Yeah I have said folks should support, but I am also very vocal that BaDIK is over rated. I have supported with cash, and will continue to do so. I love the renders and animations. Story, not so much. MC definitely not so much. But hey we all have what we like.
My college was very wild, but definitely not like the walking gland.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Thing about this AVN is, that it is in a very over used trope. Yeah I have said folks should support, but I am also very vocal that BaDIK is over rated.
I don't know. I appreciate some games more than other, as you would call it, I overrate them because there's not big enough market for wester visual novels. And I'm talking about proper, professional visual novels. Maybe I'm being a little fussy about it but hey, can't do anything with my weird tastes.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I don't know. I appreciate some games more than other, as you would call it, I overrate them because there's not big enough market for wester visual novels. And I'm talking about proper, professional visual novels. Maybe I'm being a little fussy about it but hey, can't do anything with my weird tastes.
oh I think I agree with you. However, the ICSTOR type, the WVM /college with Harem, the BaDIK/ college with out harem, The Gift Reloaded, types all are over done, and just variations on the same overdone bullshit.

Heavy Five, City of Broken Dreams, Life Happened, Leap of Faith, Becoming a Rockstar, and borrowing from the above over done types (but much better setting and story), you have Timestamps and Sisterly Lust.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
oh I think I agree with you. However, the ICSTOR type, the WVM /college with Harem, the BaDIK/ college with out harem, The Gift Reloaded, types all are over done, and just variations on the same overdone bullshit.

Heavy Five, City of Broken Dreams, Life Happened, Leap of Faith, Becoming a Rockstar, and borrowing from the above over done types (but much better setting and story), you have Timestamps and Sisterly Lust.
How the hell does Sisterly Lust make it on both Patreon and Steam? That's the kind of game where when you're playing it even your dog looks at you and goes....bruh, really? This disdain coming from the same animal who just humped the futon, licked his own asshole and ate his own vomit.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
How the hell does Sisterly Lust make it on both Patreon and Steam? That's the kind of game where when you're playing it even your dog looks at you and goes....bruh, really? This disdain coming from the same animal who just humped the futon, licked his own asshole and ate his own vomit.
Impregnation... gotta be the key to success....... oh and an entire kingdom where Incest is ok..... that always helps!

Reactions: Orlu and Kellermann

oarclownfish

Oct 1, 2019
I bought the game via steam and love it so much.. Wish i can have a student life like this but never happen to me..

Wish can support patreon but it way too expensive..
can you launch it directly from the exe inside the install folder without starting steam first like the patreon version?
would go through the loop of buying steam cards if you ca do that

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
can you launch it directly from the exe inside the install folder without starting steam first like the patreon version?
would go through the loop of buying steam cards if you ca do that
If you can muck with the config files then yes, otherwise it has to be through steam with steam turned on (will boot up steam on it's own otherwise).

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
If only Steam had updates as the same time as Patreon...
I agree, the reason I play some of the games I do on here is that the steam or other versions lag, even after I do full purchase. For some reason Patreon is very finicky about my bank transactions, so it is troublesome to just go full Patreon, thus Steam etc will remain in my startup

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Havn't played this in a while. Is it yet possible to get a sex scene with the main blonde girl on DIK path, or is she still Chic-exclusive?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes