twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
What do you mean "it's not an update"? :WaitWhat: It is an update because it adds a whole new episode with over 3000 new renders, around 170 animations, and a playtime of apparently 4-6 hours.

You can either get the full 11GB version or the 3GB update patch, but the update patch will not work with version 0.5.2, or versions 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 if you applied the mod. It must be a clean, unmodded version of the game that has not been unpacked with Unren.

Saves made with version 0.5.2 or lower will work with 0.6.0 provided they are clean saves and not ones made when using the mod, and if they are clean saves, then you will not have to play the game from scratch whether you get the full game or just the update patch.

Say what 3000 new renders holy christ. I knew it was gunna be a great update but dang.

Reactions: Sobaco the Greek

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
That`s what I love about DPC`s updates, you know they aint going to be just like 10 or 20 mins playtime like most games on here, but literally hours worth.
That is why Badik is one of the best vn ever created. The quality of the story, soundtrack, renders, characters, animations and mini-games is far superior to most games on this site.

KKhalduras

Jul 8, 2017
That`s what I love about DPC`s updates, you know they aint going to be just like 10 or 20 mins playtime like most games on here, but literally hours worth.
thing is, sometimes it does feel like it's a 30 minute update but then you look at the time and its already been like 3 hours of playing and it's insane. I know alot of people criticize this game comparing it to 'Better' games like City of Broken Dreamers etc but for me, Badik is one of the only games here that actually makes me enjoy every aspect of it regardless how cliche and typical it is

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
thing is, sometimes it does feel like it's a 30 minute update but then you look at the time and its already been like 3 hours of playing and it's insane. I know alot of people criticize this game comparing it to 'Better' games like City of Broken Dreamers etc but for me, Badik is one of the only games here that actually makes me enjoy every aspect of it regardless how cliche and typical it is
I love COBD, as my sigs probably give away heh, but I would never rate it as better than BADIK, same with most on here. BaDiK has a lot going on under the hood, with much more choices for the paths, mini games (not a fan of though), the clucks/swyper responses. Then the renders and animations...BaDiK is a beautiful looking game. Oh and the music is so perfectly suited for the scenes. It will always be my top favorite, even though there a few great VNs on here.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I don't think so.
Without an antagonist, there is no conflict. Without conflict, there is no story.

Vader is an antagonist in Star Wars
The Island is an antagonist in Castaway
Death is an antagonist in The Seven Seals
The Emperor is an antagonist in Gladiator
Ted's dad is an antagonist in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Quinn is an antagonist in Being a DIK.

What's preposterous about a protagonist having an antagonist that creates conflicts for him in a story?
Comparing Quinn to the Emperor's right hand, the most feared man in the galaxy, mass murderer of Jedi and basically the face of the Empire is... extreme? Don't get me wrong, Vader is my all time favorite character but that's what's prepostorous. Quinn uses drugs, runs a "restaurant", possibly has a deal with Burke, and is basically a middle "woman" to a drug dealer. That's it. Who gets affected by her actions? If you don't want anything to do sex with money, you don't do it and it's over. If the girls don't want, they won't work. Even if they do, Camila showed us they can draw the lines. Also, there are HOTs that don't work at the restaurant so it's clear it's not mandatory as well.

Tho I gotta agree girls having sex for money in an adult game is so out of place, ikr. What's worse is you can have sex with them as well, crazy right?

If she is behind the Cathy leak/Chad stuff, then I'll agree she's an antagonist. But as of now, she didn't do anything that makes her an antagonist. Well, if I look at it now, there's nobody I can clearly call out as an antagonist. Until we discover the details of Burke's thing, nah, not really.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think so.
Without an antagonist, there is no conflict. Without conflict, there is no story.

Vader is an antagonist in Star Wars
The Island is an antagonist in Castaway
Death is an antagonist in The Seven Seals
The Emperor is an antagonist in Gladiator
Ted's dad is an antagonist in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Quinn is an antagonist in Being a DIK.

What's preposterous about a protagonist having an antagonist that creates conflicts for him in a story?
it might be, but for now how have Quinn's actions hindered MC's "happiness"? in a serious way, otherwise we can consider all the LIs as antagonists of MC (maybe excluding Jill I think)

right now Quinn is much easier to become Sage's nemesis, for the HOTs' power struggle, or Maya, for the scavenger hunt / free tution. then she could become the rebound MC antagonist.

then it depends on the tone of the story, the antagonist can also be simply life, the choices you have to make etc ...

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
any ideas when the next chapter ?
I swear to god if im not getting at least BJ from this new chapter i will kill her and then suicide, in game that mean :)
Oh I`d like to see that fight...Bella would tear your arms off and beat you to death with them :LOL:
Ep.6 is on Fri 13th Nov.

• Haha
Reactions: ana sucubbus
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes