Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
it's a mix of different reasons. A little bit of PTS form AL, they are a little bit less interesting, ( kind of like Jill :p ), and they are bisexuals, and you are not exclusive. With every other love interest, MC is the center of the universe, as i explained it couple of days ago. in J and M case you are not enough, they want each other too. and because of that players feels less about themself. You either like both of them , in this case choosing between them is always gonna be fucking hard. or you like one of them, but you cant see J or M as an antagonist. unlike Tybalt, or Chad, so people rather stay out of them. otherwise they feel like a third wheel. but they cant see one of them as enemy, so they wait for them to break up, and then make a move on the girl they like.
they don't hate separately them, peoples just bothered by that they are together. like in the library, "how dare they kiss behind my back " :p:ROFLMAO:
which is funny because many of the same people's wants threesome with Bella and Jill, and with others. Quinn and Sage etc etc.:LOL::LOL:
I can certainly attest to feeling that "3rd-wheel syndrome", and it's still there a bit, but this episode did a lot to alleviate it, like the aforementioned way Maya is cutely worrying about being good at sex for the MC, the way she breathes a sigh of relief when the MC says "I like you too", Maya boldly kissing him in the library, the way Josy teases the MC and will even kick Tommy in the nuts for punching him, and that look on Josy's face and her inner thought when she sees his dick again.

screenshot0001.png

It's made me feel that he is more than just a 3rd wheel and could be a very integral part of this relationship, perhaps even becoming the key part.

just trying

Mar 6, 2019
i think the scene of MC looking after sage is the sweetest. Why would DPC penalise Jill RP, MC did explain to Jill that he gonna look after a sick friend. That should be a plus point. Which woman would like a man who abandon a sick friend just for few moment of ''fun''.

Reactions: aragh and HenzoStar

dosenspezi

May 2, 2017
it's a mix of different reasons. A little bit of PTS form AL, they are a little bit less interesting, ( kind of like Jill :p ), and they are bisexuals, and you are not exclusive. With every other love interest, MC is the center of the universe, as i explained it couple of days ago. in J and M case you are not enough, they want each other too. and because of that players feels less about themself. You either like both of them , in this case choosing between them is always gonna be fucking hard. or you like one of them, but you cant see J or M as an antagonist. unlike Tybalt, or Chad, so people rather stay out of them. otherwise they feel like a third wheel. but they cant see one of them as enemy, so they wait for them to break up, and then make a move on the girl they like.
they don't hate separately them, peoples just bothered by that they are together. like in the library, "how dare they kiss behind my back " :p:ROFLMAO:
which is funny because many of the same people's wants threesome with Bella and Jill, and with others. Quinn and Sage etc etc.:LOL::LOL:
Recalibrating 1 or 2 lesbian beings is just not my mission. If it makes your dreams come true, that's fine by me. (y)

Reactions: Malicre

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
"Jill had made very clear the type of dude she 'd be interested in ".

in that case you will not be on the sage path at all, and you will not have this dilemma. MC only accept automatically to Help Sage, if you are on her path. if you are not, She ask you, and you can decide if you want to help or not. and if you still agree, but then the Girl who are you interested in dating, and she is intrested in you show up and ask you out for a date, you expect that the girl should understand that you dumping her for a friend.
Its seems its your own dilemma, and not the game fault.

this is a either a decision between 2 love interest, or a love interest and a pal. and a pal would understand that you goes for the pussy. :p.

but if it's a decision between 2 love interest, Jill has every right to be upset, that you rather spend the time with another girl, regardless of that she is sick or not .
This is not true actually. The MC can have a completely platonic relationship with Sage and still get the option to call her, learn she's sick, and offer to help.

Frankly, people keep saying this is a tough choice. It's not. Jill shows up unannounced after the MC has made other - far more important - plans. That's a shame, but such is life. Just how many RPs would the MC have lost if Jill got to the mansion 5 minutes later and the MC had already left?

Even my solo-Jill MC would have gone with Sage if he realized she was sick (fortunately I can choose not to call her and get her date on at least one run). I really don't see why anyone thinks picking Jill makes sense.

That said, I don't think this is the end of Jill's route if you do turn her down. Sage will apparently "lose all interest" in the MC if he doesn't become her fuck buddy at the end of Episode 4, but now we have the option to hang with her again. My guess is that the Tybalt situation will change sufficiently that those who turned down Jill's birthday picnic will get another shot at her. Hopefully even those not romancing her will get a chance to help her with her concert, but we'll have to wait and see.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I still don't understand how there can be people who say they don't like Maya or Josy, if they are the cutest thing in the world
For me the reasoning is 1) I never had a chance with Josy. Just as I was getting to know her, I left for school and then promptly forgot all about her when I entered a target rich environment. When she came back into the picture she was fucking things up between Maya and me. 2) I love Maya's personality and she looks great from a distance, but up close she is hideous. a) massive amount of caked on makeup b) boobs look fake c) nipples are a weird color d) pock marked cleavage looks like chest hair stubble during movie night. :sick:

So it's a lack of physical attraction to Maya and a lack of emotional attraction to Josy.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Well they will be lucky because I am almost sure that they will break up, not for nothing Derek asks the MC if he still feels something for one of them and that decision is marked in the reports. “Friendship” path of course
yeah, but then they will have the dilemma of being the second choice. "I only together with Josy, because she can't be with maya, but she loves her not me " and vice versa . :LOL:

whereas in the relationship path, they may break up, but MC and either Maya or Josy, consoling each other knowing well they want the other person to be back to their love nest. and until that time they are happy with each other. or we develop a stronger bond with one of them, based on our decisions, but we can keep the other as a friend, may be even find her a cute boyfriend or girlfriend. or the MC just walk out after he had is his fun with them, letting them be happy together, and stay as friends, while he end up with Sage or Jill :p . or with Jill and Joey :love::LOL::devilish:

Reactions: Gladheim

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Recalibrating 1 or 2 lesbian beings is just not my mission. If it makes your dreams come true, that's fine by me. (y)
they are the definition of "lesbian until graduation". or the "lesbian in high school". if maya was true lesbian she would not feel anything toward MC, and Josy is prettymuch Bisexual.

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This is not true actually. The MC can have a completely platonic relationship with Sage and still get the option to call her, learn she's sick, and offer to help.

Frankly, people keep saying this is a tough choice. It's not. Jill shows up unannounced after the MC has made other - far more important - plans. That's a shame, but such is life. Just how many RPs would the MC have lost if Jill got to the mansion 5 minutes later and the MC had already left?

Even my solo-Jill MC would have gone with Sage if he realized she was sick (fortunately I can choose not to call her and get her date on at least one run). I really don't see why anyone thinks picking Jill makes sense.

That said, I don't think this is the end of Jill's route if you do turn her down. Sage will apparently "lose all interest" in the MC if he doesn't become her fuck buddy at the end of Episode 4, but now we have the option to hang with her again. My guess is that the Tybalt situation will change sufficiently that those who turned down Jill's birthday picnic will get another shot at her. Hopefully even those not romancing her will get a chance to help her with her concert, but we'll have to wait and see.
In real life I'd like to think I'm a decent person and in that situation I'd explain the prior arrangement and go see Sage. In the game, Sage was sick, so there was likely little chance of getting some non-comatose action, whereas with Jill, before finding about the whole blackmail deal, it looked like there was a chance to get jiggy. So the "in-game" me was at odds with the real me. I'm proud to say I chose Jill on my first play through (that's the in-game me typing btw).

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
This is where, again, I feel the affinity system of this game proves its flaws. DPC is trying to put certain characters on certain paths that align with this largely undefined system that seems like it's intended to be a metric of the MC's personality, but his actions should speak far louder than a character's pre-designated alignment, and not just those of the Major Choices.

Major DIK choices show the MC to have something of a reckless and impulsive streak, whilst Major CHICK choices show him to be more calm and measured. But even whilst having DIK affinity he can do good deeds and say the right things with the minor choices, just as he can be a jerk and say more crude things whilst having CHICK affinity. It not only creates an inconsistency within the character but can also create inconsistencies within the story and the MC's relationships with other characters, case-in-point, M&J. A DIK affinity MC can gain every RP with M&J and do everything positive with them yet is rejected because apparently his personality is something that makes them doubt having a relationship with him even though his actions with them should give them no reason to doubt him.

Similarly, being locked out of Cathy's content, helping Quinn, the tongue play with Lily, and bar scenes with Nora, Nicole and Sandy are being tied to not just affinity but also relationship status, and it's robbing us of being able to make our own choices. The game is choosing for us, and I personally am not liking this approach and do not look forward to this increasing as the game goes on. There can be consequences, sure, but let us, the player, deal with them. We should be the ones deciding if we want to risk it or not, but equally I feel there should be a way for us to try to mitigate the consequences to soften the blow. DPC, however, seems to feel it's better to let us suffer consequences without choice which would be bad game design, in my opinion.
I can't entirely agree. I WANT the game to limit choices based on my past actions, because that's what having consequences to choices means. Yes, you might want to be best friends with all the girls, but in the end you can only have so many "best" friends and eventually that will matter, both to you and to them. Obviously it's not an all or one deal, closing off some choices shouldn't mean closing off all choices, and deciding where to draw the line is a matter of personal taste more than it is science (or even art). But just because it's a hard balancing act doesn't mean it shouldn't be attempted.

To me, it makes sense that Sage would lose interest in the MC after he rejects her twice in a row (at least for a while). It makes sense that an MC romancing Jill, a girl who clearly sees sex as a much bigger commitment than others, would decide to turn down one-night stands after he tells Jill he's falling for her. Likewise, it would make sense for an MC pursing Maya and Josy to turn down Cathy... if it weren't for the fact he was reluctant to stop dating other women when he discussed the matter the next day.

And that's where I do agree with you, Holy Bacchus. DPC can be very inconsistent in both how he chooses which consequences to assign to an action and in how he illustrates those consequences. For the most part, I'm lucky; DPC and I seem to have a similar overall view of how the world works and thus I can usually see where he's coming from. (I still have plenty of disagreements with him, obviously). But the real issue is that he should worry less about how 'gameable' the system is and more about keeping it transparent.

As long as we can understand the rationale behind a consequence, we can at least pick the one closest to what we think should happen. When the chain of reasoning is vague and contradictory, well, that just encourages us to rant about it on pirate forums while we wait for a proper walkthrough to make sense of it all.

(And hope it doesn't end in literal fire, of course. Always need to add that caveat...)

Last edited:

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Yeah Josy never really seemed to be a full-on lesbian anyway. By the time you find out she is Mayas girlfriend you could have quite literally already had the MC have sex with her (even if her parents interrupt them). She is a very clear example of a bi-sexual, so "recalibrating 2 lesbians" would not be a thing anyway.

And when it comes to Maya, cut her some slack. Considering her father is basically extorting money from her I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was already a fairly creepy and sleazy parent before he found out she has a girlfriend and her brother, despite being the best Maggot brother one could hope for, is not exactly the kind of guy that would make a young girl go "yeah, men are definitely not disgusting and something I should be interested in". I'm guessing that due to being surrounded by 2 bad examples she just felt more comfortable hooking up with a girl but she makes it pretty clear that she's attracted to the MC. And it's not like Maya had 10 girlfriends either. Josy was the first person she hooked up with, MC is potentially the 2nd. That already checks the "bi-sexual" box at the smallest sample size you could ever need to come to the conclusion.

No one is being recalibrated. You're just dealing with inexperienced young adults that barely understand what they want and who they are.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Let's say she's somehow convinced to do so! Maybe in fear for losing her relationship to one or both?
hmm, yeah that is totally the vibe she gave you in ep5, when she suck MC's dick :LOL: . someone definitely convinced her to like it, that's how it works

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Being a DIK [v0.6.1] [Dr PinkCake]

Original Size: 10.33 GB
Compressed Size: 2.62 GB

Win/Linux: MEGA -

Unmodified Patreon game version compressed. Don't use modified game version saves.
he there any chance to get only the patch compressed to 6.1 i already downloaded 0.6 , i cant redownload it again becoz of this small patch .

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Although I'm sad to see Cathy go (don't worry I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her), I'm excited to find who her replacement is going to be. Will it be a brand new sexy milf or will Bella step in to substitute teach Cathy's classes? From a DPC drama standpoint, having Bella take over seems the more likely option. I'm not complaining b/c ever since Bella said she teaches courses at B&R, I've been wanting to see how that would play out with MC in attendance. :D
Bear in mind, this episode ends on a Friday. It's possible the next episode could end before Monday. So there's time to introduce a new teacher, or to patch things up enough to get Cathy back in time for our next class.

Hmmm. I wonder if MCs who drove Cathy home will have the option to go visit her in Episode 7? That would be interesting.

themangoat

Nov 13, 2020
Locking out paths is realistically the only way your choices -can- actually matter. No matter what choice you make has changed the direction of the plot, it has just mildly altered a few scenes. If you do want your choices to matter, then you have to accept that you 1) have to make them and 2) it will block you from some kind of content.

I don't understand people with one save file, really. Or people who hate the mini-games. These are the things I absolutely love about this game. It is -not just- a visual novel. This is an actual game.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Here's an interesting question: does anybody else think that DPC's ambition could be detrimental to the game?

What I mean by that is that, in this episode, we saw a lot of very big new features and fantasy scenes, like the free-roam map, hidden items, the DIK laptop, and the DnG game, and as a result it somewhat left this episode feeling a little hollow because there wasn't a great deal of progress with a lot of the established plotlines and even felt quite light on real-world content with the various female characters. Even the affinity/status system is very ambitious and is starting to throw up some issues and inconsistencies.

So it would seem that, perhaps, in focusing on these things, that DPC might have lost a bit of sight on what's really important which is the story and the girls, and I would hope that the focus returns there in the next episode rather than focus on introducing any more ambitious side elements.
That's certainly possible. But it occurs to me that there might be another explanation for it. Maybe things like D&G and the new mansion "mini"-game let DPC branch out and do different things without having to stop working on BaDIK?

We all worry from time to time about DPC burning out, given how insane his work schedule seems to be. It wouldn't surprise me if he inflated the D&G session just to scratch an itch to make a sword and sorcery game, and then incorporated the lewd scenes as a way to 'justify' the length of the digression.

I'm certainly not happy with how the D&G session turned out and I don't want any more. But I'll admit that if this sort of chaff is the price of keeping DPC sane, I would at least be more willing to turn a blind eye to it. No idea if that's true or just me trying to rationalize an excuse for the time wasted, but it's something to consider.

Jun 5, 2017
Choosing with either going on a surprise date with Jill or taking care of a sick Sage is a no-brainer for me. As she took me in and put herself and the HOTs in a risk since it is a sorority house. Sage is still my number 1 pick since Ep. 1. :love:

Polish_20201117_105229010.jpg

Sage is still looking hot with that frozen beef wieners on her forehead!

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes