ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Does anybody hear any specific voice when reading a character's dialog?

When I'm reading Bella's lines, I hear them in the voice of Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager.
Generally no, I rarely hear voices for written text.

But there are rare exceptions. For some reason whenever I read Jill's lines in her shower scene it's invariable in the voice of Jennifer Hale's Bastila Shan. I assume it has something to do with her hair/face in that scene, because it certainly doesn't happen for any of Jill's other lines. But it definitely happens there.

Make of that what you will.

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

themangoat

Nov 13, 2020
Generally no, I rarely hear voices for written text.

But there are rare exceptions. For some reason whenever I read Jill's lines in her shower scene it's invariable in the voice of Jennifer Hale's Bastila Shan. I assume it has something to do with her hair/face in that scene, because it certainly doesn't happen for any of Jill's other lines. But it definitely happens there.

Make of that what you will.
To be fair, Sally did refer to her as "posh spice"

jogobao

Jan 21, 2019
any news on the torrent for 6.1 full version? Mega keeps stopping every 1,5gb and the other links are super slow T_T

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I can't entirely agree. I WANT the game to limit choices based on my past actions, because that's what having consequences to choices means. Yes, you might want to be best friends with all the girls, but in the end you can only have so many "best" friends and eventually that will matter, both to you and to them. Obviously it's not an all or one deal, closing off some choices should mean closing off all choices, and deciding where to draw the line is a matter of personal taste more than it is science (or even art). But just because it's a hard balancing act doesn't mean it shouldn't be attempted.

To me, it makes sense that Sage would lose interest in the MC after he rejects her twice in a row (at least for a while). It makes sense that an MC romancing Jill, a girl who clearly sees sex as a much bigger commitment than others, would decide to turn down one-night stands after he tells Jill he's falling for her. Likewise, it would make sense for an MC pursing Maya and Josy to turn down Cathy... if it weren't for the fact he was reluctant to stop dating other women when he discussed the matter the next day.

And that's where I do agree with you, Holy Bacchus. DPC can be very inconsistent in both how he chooses which consequences to assign to an action and in how he illustrates those consequences. For the most part, I'm lucky; DPC and I seem to have a similar overall view of how the world works and thus I can usually see where he's coming from. (I still have plenty of disagreements with him, obviously). But the real issue is that he should worry less about how 'gameable' the system is and more about keeping it transparent.

As long as we can understand the rationale behind a consequence, we can at least pick the one closest to what we think should happen. When the chain of reasoning is vague and contradictory, well, that just encourages us to rant about it on pirate forums while we wait for a proper walkthrough to make sense of it all.

(And hope it doesn't end in literal fire, of course. Always need to add that caveat...)
Of course certain choices should matter, like rejecting someone takes you off their path, I'm all for that because that's what decisions like that are for, but it's those moments that seem to require the character to be psychic or be relying on some sort of intuition that are the ones that are most annoying to me. Again, with the example of offering to help Quinn, if someone turns down her number and does not have more interactions with her then turns down the weed, she obviously won't want their help, but for someone who did take her number and had sex with her at least once, particularly the one in Ep 4, then there's something there, and if you stay with Sage it would seem she might have a thing for him, but this choice to help is overridden by the affinity and M&J relationship.

This is what I would consider an example of DPC's inconsistency because whilst you might try to assign a rationale that, by not being DIK she views him differently, how is it that she seemed to view him favourably (according to Sage) in Ep 4 if he's not DIK? We can also see positive reactions on Rooster and Quinn reacting to people when she's nice to him, so it feels like affinity shouldn't matter in that choice to help and his actions with her specifically should matter more. In rick87's walkthrough it even says that doing those things with Quinn are a key factor in getting that scene, so if the affinity and relationship check were removed, it would be better, in my opinion.

This is just one example, but these affinity and relationship checks are starting to take too much choice from the player and throwing up inconsistencies with the MC's actions and relationships with certain characters.

Bear in mind, this episode ends on a Friday. It's possible the next episode could end before Monday. So there's time to introduce a new teacher, or to patch things up enough to get Cathy back in time for our next class.

Hmmm. I wonder if MCs who drove Cathy home will have the option to go visit her in Episode 7? That would be interesting.
Well, if you look closely at the letter, it says that she will stay on until a suitable replacement is found, so I think there's still time for her to change her decision as she's not going anywhere just yet.

ep6_mj_dorm24.jpg

Last edited:

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I'm certainly not happy with how the D&G session turned out and I don't want any more. But I'll admit that if this sort of chaff is the price of keeping DPC sane, I would at least be more willing to turn a blind eye to it. No idea if that's true or just me trying to rationalize an excuse for the time wasted, but it's something to consider.
Well some of us really enjoyed the DnG stuff, so not time wasted at all from my perspective. I'd drop all those stupid quizzes for more DnG in a heartbeat.

With lots of features/options in the game not everything will appeal to everyone, the large audience means almost every element will likely appeal to some.

Hornybear

Oct 4, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
Unable to play on MacOS BigSur...please update to be allowed to play on MacOS BigSur

Jun 21, 2018
You know, after this last update, I can't help but feel we're building towards something tragic with Jill.

And if MC goes all in on Jill, he's probably going to be straight monogamous (except maybe Bella). If that's the case, then where's the game? I can't really see a dramatic narrative in 'MC gets beautiful, kind, smart, rich girl and they live happily ever after'. That's not DPC style for sure.

And if there's one thing we learned from Acting Lessons, is that DPC isn't afraid to pull any punches and will do what he thinks is best for the story he wants to tell, no matter what.

The whole thing about DIK is that it's working overtime to invoke early 2000s movies. Mostly American Pie and similar adult(ish) College/HS coms. But you know what other movies came out around that time? The Nicholas Sparks bullshit. And I can just see him trying to go full Walk to Remember.

And as annoying as it'd be, it wouldn't be for a lack of warning.

Thoughts about this? Would love to be convinced otherwise.

Last edited:

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Agreed. If you read the half-cutoff parts at the bottom of the paragraph you can even see that she is asking for a shorter notice period for her resignation. I have no idea how long notice periods would have to be for teachers in the US but in most european places I know you usually expect a notice period to be around 90 days. Even if in this case it was something like 30 or 60 days and then she asked for a shorter one on top of that I still don't see her being gone in less than a week. MC will likely get the first hints that she is resigning in episode 7 (either from her or maybe from Bella, if Bella is the one that gets asked to cover her classes) and the switch will happen mid to end of episode 8 or something.
Hell, technically Burke could even refuse her plea for a shorter notice period and expect to keep her there for longer. I just doubt he will do that since her nudes would harm the schools reputation and Burke used to sleep with her and sees that she is now Jades friend. This might be a good opportunity for him to take care of loose ends. After all Jade tells us that she heard him call out Cathys name during sex while drunk but she never told either of them. Entirely possible that he thinks he can keep that information hidden from his wife if Cathy is gone.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Agreed. If you read the half-cutoff parts at the bottom of the paragraph you can even see that she is asking for a shorter notice period for her resignation. I have no idea how long notice periods would have to be for teachers in the US but in most european places I know you usually expect a notice period to be around 90 days. Even if in this case it was something like 30 or 60 days and then she asked for a shorter one on top of that I still don't see her being gone in less than a week. MC will likely get the first hints that she is resigning in episode 7 (either from her or maybe from Bella, if Bella is the one that gets asked to cover her classes) and the switch will happen mid to end of episode 8 or something.
Hell, technically Burke could even refuse her plea for a shorter notice period and expect to keep her there for longer. I just doubt he will do that since her nudes would harm the schools reputation and Burke used to sleep with her and sees that she is now Jades friend. This might be a good opportunity for him to take care of loose ends. After all Jade tells us that she heard him call out Cathys name during sex while drunk but she never told either of them. Entirely possible that he thinks he can keep that information hidden from his wife if Cathy is gone.
Cathy hooking up with Stephen was never explicitly stated nor confirmed. Just that he called out her name while with Jade. He most likely just fantasized about her being the horndog that he is.

just trying

Mar 6, 2019
Choosing with either going on a surprise date with Jill or taking care of a sick Sage is a no-brainer for me. As she took me in and put herself and the HOTs in a risk since it is a sorority house. Sage is still my number 1 pick since Ep. 1. :love:

View attachment 903055

Sage is still looking hot with that frozen beef wieners on her forehead!
She became hotter with each episode. The renders of Sage is becoming better

Reactions: SomboSteel

Igneel1

The Slayer's Time Is Now
Compressor
Jul 1, 2017
Being a DIK [v0.6.1] [Dr PinkCake]

Update only

Original size: 2.98 GB

Compressed size: 716.8 MB

Win/Linux: - -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
While every one busy worry about, Jill , or Quinn dark fate, or Maya's dad, or Bella's secret.
I'm starting to worry that the real twist will be Josy turning out to be a psycho Yandere. :eek::cry:
:ROFLMAO:
Pink: check
BeingADIK 2020-11-17 04-44-46-66.png
Cute ,Smart : Check
BeingADIK 2020-11-17 04-46-27-90.png
aggression: check
920113_Capture.png
Willing to Please, Seemingly Perfect
BeingADIK 2020-11-17 04-48-02-12.png
BeingADIK 2020-11-17 04-56-22-50.png
She is just way too perfect to not have some fucked up shit along the road . :LOL:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well, if you look closely at the letter, it says that she will stay on until a suitable replacement is found, so I think there's still time for her to change her decision as she's not going anywhere just yet.

View attachment 903067
Good catch.

On that note, any thoughts about why Cathy resigned? The dialog with Jade makes it sound like something very different than the Cathy-cluck. I guess they could be alluding to old wounds, but Jade's line about "the worst thing that's happened in a very long time" makes me think something else happened recently.

Poisonblack

Apr 8, 2019
Does anybody else just get a feeling of emptiness whenever they finish an update? It's like, "damn, I need to wait for probably almost half a year before another update". Shit sucks, who knows what kind of bullshit is gonna happen between now and then?
Right on.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes