max27

May 28, 2017
This has to one of the best adult visual novel, everything about it is top-notch. Does Dr Pinkcake work alone or has a team?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's not dark, it's less comical. I also like it since the most important thing is the characters behind it, it is true that I miss Hell week but who doesn't?
actually in my opinion BADIK is still very light and cheerful, with the two exceptions of Quinn and Bella (potential).

the rest at least in shape is still very light.

the problem is the reputation of DPC which shows a threat behind every shadow.

the infamous letter about MC's mother? a book to read and a cash gift

the fearsome scavenger hunt? a nice afternoon with Arieth

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
This game isn't dark at all, you guys just jump at ever shadow.

Oh no locked door must be cereal killer.

Oh no drugs must be someone gon die.

Meanwhile people lock doors in their houses if they don't people roaming unsupervised.

And drugs exist in every school.

Jun 1, 2020
Just had a thought. During their first date, Jill told MC about the "rules" of dating. Kiss on the first date and sex on the third date. Well the picnic was the second date. So maybe in the next update we get a third date and finally have sex with Jill? I hope.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yes, but clearly his heart and mind were on BaDIK. Even though AL's ending was written well in advance, the last 20 minutes could have been so much better if he had a singular focus IMO. I was completely bored out of mind and detached from the characters at the end. Not the feeling you want to instill during the falling action and resolution. It's almost hard to believe AL and BaDIK were created by the same person because I'm 100% invested in the BaDIK characters.

...Even if he kills my beloved Sage at the end. I'll be pissed because I care. I didn't care at all when AL's discount Josy got
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You wanted the final act of AL to go on even longer?!?

Look, I'll lob plenty of criticism at AL, but rushing through the bleak trauma at the close of the story is pretty much the exact opposite of my complaints. I don't buy for a minute that DPC only killed a LI to speed up the ending; that was clearly the plan all along.

It was bright, but it's getting darker with each new update.
Eh, overall the last two episodes have been pretty lighthearted, IMHO. Quinn's story is dark, but that's been going on for a while and since she's primarily positioned as an antagonist I'm not even sure that counts. Tybalt's surprisingly effective blackmail attempt is definitely a problem, but it's just an obstacle. There's nothing dark about it yet. (Unless it completely stops Jill from calling the MC; that gets a touch dark, but I doubt it happens in most playthroughs).

Really, the darkness in Episode 6 is just the cliffhanger for Episode 7. And depending on how Episode 7 goes, it may wind up being less dark than we expect. It could go light by having Maya stall her dad for more time and focus on the MC helping Cathy through her crisis, or go dark by having Maya pulled out of college, Jade blackmailed and Quinn trying to drown her sorrows in coke. We just don't know yet.

I'm certainly not predicting sunshine and roses from here on out. I'm just saying we shouldn't jump at every shadow, either.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You wanted the final act of AL to go on even longer?!?

Look, I'll lob plenty of criticism at AL, but rushing through the bleak trauma at the close of the story is pretty much the exact opposite of my complaints. I don't buy for a minute that DPC only killed a LI to speed up the ending; that was clearly the plan all along.

Eh, overall the last two episodes have been pretty lighthearted, IMHO. Quinn's story is dark, but that's been going on for a while and since she's primarily positioned as an antagonist I'm not even sure that counts. Tybalt's surprisingly effective blackmail attempt is definitely a problem, but it's just an obstacle. There's nothing dark about it yet. (Unless it completely stops Jill from calling the MC; that gets a touch dark, but I doubt it happens in most playthroughs).

Really, the darkness in Episode 6 is just the cliffhanger for Episode 7. And depending on how Episode 7 goes, it may wind up being less dark than we expect. It could go light by having Maya stall her dad for more time and focus on the MC helping Cathy through her crisis, or go dark by having Maya pulled out of college, Jade blackmailed and Quinn trying to drown her sorrows in coke. We just don't know yet.

I'm certainly not predicting sunshine and roses from here on out. I'm just saying we shouldn't jump at every shadow, either.
that's right, but until we know how the story evolves it makes no sense to unbalance

to date the only really dark moment connected to LIs is the scene in the library with Bella in the third chapter, which seems to really portend something serious and dangerous

the rest are small heart pains

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
in the end, every "plot" problem is just a pretext for wasting time and putting off important choices

MC's escape from the dorm was that, Sage's doubts will be, Maya's father's visit will probably be.

but it is the first event that directly involves Jill, it makes her pronounce a very strong sentence (when she announces that they will no longer be seen) to which MC must respond equally strongly (saying that he is falling in love with her)

and all this for an unbelievable threat from an unbelievable character
I just finished my second playthru on a Neutral/Chick Just friends M/J, and I'm still thoroughly under whelmed. The plot points have become so contrived that I just can't take them seriously anymore, I agree with you about Tybalt being no threat at all, add to that DPC's dreary one step forward two steps back with the relationship development and it's getting hard to even do a playthru of this game. If you look at it objectively, all the elements for resolving these silly crises are already on the table, and he could wrap this whole thing up in another episode or two. Yet I fear we're in for at least four more episode's if not six or eight, and I have zero confidence at this point that he's going to be able to do anything even remotely interesting with all of those hours of gameplay.

Reactions: moskyx

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Just had a thought. During their first date, Jill told MC about the "rules" of dating. Kiss on the first date and sex on the third date. Well the picnic was the second date. So maybe in the next update we get a third date and finally have sex with Jill? I hope.
It is going to be such a romantic scene. The MC, fueled by the desire of not letting go of the girl he's falling for, will climb the pillar, get to her room at night, with his guitar. Then, he will wake up Jill playing Elvis Presley's "Tutti Frutti" and then they'll make love on top of her piano. No foreplay, only anal sex all the way.

Selek

Aug 1, 2019
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think this game is really engaging, and I can't wait to see what happens next. But I may be more willing to suspend disbelief than most people.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It is going to be such a romantic scene. The MC, fueled by the desire of not letting go of the girl he's falling for, will climb the pillar, get to her room at night...
Going to stop it there and just say that, of all the things that might happen in this next episode, this is right at the top for me.

Whether the MC went on the date with Jill or not, I really hope that this will happen for those on the path of pursuing her. Him saying it seems like it could be something of a foreshadowing, and even if he doesn't say it because he didn't have the date, it's still something he'd do if he felt like Jill was ignoring him and he wanted answers as to why. You can definitely imagine Jill seeing this as a really romantic gesture and it might be just enough to push her over the edge and make her finally jump his bones. :love:

Also hope that this would be something that happens without choice as well, because whether a player has made the MC pursue her or not, he's still going to want to know why she's been avoiding him, if she does start to do that in Ep 7.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
and nothing, we don't get out of this scene ...

I believe that if he had not run away at the end of the clarification they would have gone their separate ways

the two girls would have had to face the blatant betrayal of the other (MC technically does not betray anyone), facing two shocks in one, without even having had time to clarify between them on the question of their relationship if still ongoing or not. keep in mind that despite having made peace that same evening, they have in no way dealt with their relationship with MC, completely blocked by fear (which seems to be their main motivation in sentimental matters)

Maya and Josy are still together only because they both cheated with the same person, otherwise it was a relationship without salvation.

shortly before the confrontation in the fourth chapter Josy says that in reality she has already made a decision, but she could still change his mind, I am left curious as to what it was.
That relationship is one of the most unbelievable things in the game. These two girls (and I choose the word girls deliberately, not women) who supposedly love one another so much fall apart after a couple of month's separation? And why were they apart, they live a 30 minute train ride from one another. They couldn't have contrived a meeting? Does Maya's Father have a GPS tracker on her? Does he watch her 24/7, I mean presumably the man has a job. They couldn't meet at the college? They both have perfectly valid reason's to visit there. Truly DPC is a master of badly contrived plots.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes