shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think the simplest explanation (again assuming the Gay Chad theory) is that Chad is confused because he isn't cheating on Sage with a woman. If Sage actually knew what was going on she would have to know that. Since she doesn't mention the gay part, he doesn't understand why she is accusing him of the one thing he didn't actually do to her.

Again I don't think the theory is perfect, but it seems better than any alternative thus far. We know Chad is having phone sex with someone, and we know that conversation was carefully presented to avoid revealing the gender of the other party - just that they liked panties.

If Chad was talking to a woman, why deny it to Sage? As Sage says, it will come out eventually when Chad selects his 'new' girlfriend. Whereas if Chad was talking to a man, there's every reason to believe the relationship will continue to be secret.
The look on Chad's face when she accuses him of cheating is very disarming, I wanted to read it as, "but I'm not seeing another girl" (because it's a guy), but really, seeing a girl or a guy behind a girlfriend's back is cheating, so maybe he really wasn't cheating. It doesn't explain the phone sex, but maybe it's just a job he has to earn money for the Tri-Alphas...

I can see that conversation with Sage. It would be be a good excuse to allow lewd scenes with her in the present while still having a moment of crisis before the final choice nearer the end of the game. That's pretty much how M&J went before their paths unified, and it seems to be how Jill and Bella are being set up now. Why would Sage be any different?

Remember, we aren't at the end of the story yet. If Chad isn't going to be the primary obstacle to living happily ever after with Sage, something else has to be. The transition from 'guy she was willing to cheat with' to 'guy she trusts to treat her right' seems like a strong alternative.

To me the real question is whether MCs who didn't become Sage's fuck buddy still have a shot with her. I'm hoping they do, but what would be the complication they face in lieu of dealing with the cheating angle? Maybe they just have a slow, romantic burn rather than tumultuous sex followed by a heated confrontation and eventual makeup? It would be amusing if initially rejecting Sage turned out the be the most drama-free path in the game.
The fact that even if the mc rejects Sage at every opportunity she still wants to hang out more with him by the end of episode 5 gives me hope that he could start a relationship with her later (especially if he likes her but doesn't want to be a sleazy guy while she's still in a relationship).

If he's not in a relationship with her, he doesn't have to contact her when she's sick in ep6, whereas if he's in a relationship with her he must contact her. Either way, it means even if you aren't in a relationship with her, you can still comfort her when she's sick.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
DPC has, I think, done a good job making characters that people can get attached to, that they can feel for, and who they can believe in
On this I agree, he has shown a real talent for creating characters that people care about. It's when he tries to build a story for those characters that it all goes south.

That said, it's a shame that he couldn't use his talent to make the Father something more than a badly over used stereotype. I note, with some amusement, that he didn't choose to make Maya's family of another major religion that has some notably harsher opinions on homosexuality.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
The look on Chad's face when she accuses him of cheating is very disarming, I wanted to read it as, "but I'm not seeing another girl" (because it's a guy), but really, seeing a girl or a guy behind a girlfriend's back is cheating, so maybe he really wasn't cheating. It doesn't explain the phone sex, but maybe it's just a job he has to earn money for the Tri-Alphas...

The fact that even if the mc rejects Sage at every opportunity she still wants to hang out more with him by the end of episode 5 gives me hope that he could start a relationship with her later (especially if he likes her but doesn't want to be a sleazy guy while she's still in a relationship).

If he's not in a relationship with her, he doesn't have to contact her when she's sick in ep6, whereas if he's in a relationship with her he must contact her. Either way, it means even if you aren't in a relationship with her, you can still comfort her when she's sick.
The sidejob would also explain why he left his training session, something he never does. He was forced to do so as it was for a job, not just for a horny lover who wanted some phone sex. Either way, it's in the envelope he receives where the real mistery lies

Reactions: Meushi

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
On this I agree, he has shown a real talent for creating characters that people care about. It's when he tries to build a story for those characters that it all goes south.

That said, it's a shame that he couldn't use his talent to make the Father something more than a badly over used stereotype. I note, with some amusement, that he didn't choose to make Maya's family of another major religion that has some notably harsher opinions on homosexuality.
Every religion has harsh views on it because they're all cut from the same cloth. Even the most bogus of "religions" like Scientology are against it.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The sidejob would also explain why he left his training session, something he never does. He was forced to do so as it was for a job, not just for a horny lover who wanted some phone sex. Either way, it's in the envelope he receives where the real mistery lies
I'm still putting my money on a love affair with a crossdressing Troy (just not a lot of money).

• Haha
Reactions: Meushi

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

That he didn't have her from the "Religion of Peace" isn't notable, given the label that would slapped on the game for doing so, it wouldn't only be notable if he did.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Every religion has harsh views on it because they're all cut from the same cloth. Even the most bogus of "religions" like Scientology are against it.
Really? I've never heard of a Christian sect condone's honor killings.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Honor killings the only harsh view. Other religions preach that homosexual acts will condemn you to Hell - can't get much harsher than eternal punishment (if you believe in Hell anyway)

JohnnyCrunch

Sep 2, 2020
would be the worst solution.

mainly because it wouldn't solve the problem but would simply postpone it, and at that point Maya's father would be even more furious. but then it would also be very bad towards Josy, who would be "abjured", hidden by the other 2 (or only by Maya if MC is just a friend)
But, postponing the problem is all she really needs to do at this point. Confronting her father right now is not going to help her situation, as Maya knows that there's no way she will ever be able to convince her father that being gay is acceptable. Her goal is to get through college... to the point where she can support herself. THEN... is when she can confront her father with whatever she wants to tell him.

However, this is a game... so I expect a bunch of crazy & unexpected shit to happen. There will undoubtedly be several more swerves thrown our way before these conflicts are resolved.

johnny twosins

Jan 8, 2019
Technically, it's in the Bible.

“‘If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire” [Leviticus 21:9]

“Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.” [Exodus 21:17]

and so on.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Honor killings the only harsh view. Other religions preach that homosexual acts will condemn you to Hell - can't get much harsher than eternal punishment (if you believe in Hell anyway)
I'm not going to get into a theological debate on this. The popular trope that C's believe any particular group is going to hell is only partially true in that C teaching is everyone is fated to hell and it's only through the intervention of JC that they are saved. On this subject, as on many others, all I'd like to see is some believable depiction of the characters and not just the prejudices of the author, or the audience.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
When it comes down to Quinn, what do you guys think it might happen to her? I've seen people predicting bad things...Care to elaborate?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

I'm not going to judge Maya's father until we actually meet the character.

I don't think it can just be a job because everyone comments on how unusual it is for Chad to skip a workout. He's been a jock too long not to know how to juggle his schedule around his workouts. If a phone sex gig is so vital that it can take priority over that, surely other people would know about it?

I agree his reaction is odd, but one way or the other he IS cheating on Sage. Even if there's nothing physical with whoever he was talking to, he was still turning to him/her for something he should have been getting from Sage. I don't see anyway around that. At least the Gay Chad theory explains why he's so unwilling to admit to it.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Technically, it's in the Bible.

“‘If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire” [Leviticus 21:9]

“Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.” [Exodus 21:17]

and so on.
Old tired argument. Read up on the difference between Old Testament and New Testament dogma in christianity.

Reactions: Redd23

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But, postponing the problem is all she really needs to do at this point. Confronting her father right now is not going to help her situation, as Maya knows that there's no way she will ever be able to convince her father that being gay is acceptable. Her goal is to get through college... to the point where she can support herself. THEN... is when she can confront her father with whatever she wants to tell him.

However, this is a game... so I expect a bunch of crazy & unexpected shit to happen. There will undoubtedly be several more swerves thrown our way before these conflicts are resolved.
and she's supposed to be heterosexual all through college? (when she's not even sure she's bisexual ...) denying her feelings for Josy and 50% forcing MC to pretend to be her boyfriend, often after rejecting him? it would be useless and morally very negative

she would put herself at a worse risk, only she can change her father's mind and lying to him is not a good first move.

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
of the 5 main girls whose story are you looking forward to the most and why? be as detailed as you like, i've asked this question solely to discuss what possible future stories they could have.
I think that every player wants to see the continuation of the story with the girl which of these girls the player likes more!
I like Josy!:love:(I'm looking forward to meeting Josy again!)

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yet being gay was punishiable by death in predominantly Christian countries for hundreds of years, they just changed their laws and attitudes sooner than some other religions. But there are still extremists on the Christian right who commit murder against gay and trans people and who threaten them with it because of their beliefs, so it still occurs, even if it isn't explicitly condoned.

But even without going that far, there are Christians who promote conversion therapy and believe homosexuality is sinful and immoral, so this could be very well be what Maya's Dad believes, and the fact that he says things like, "you're not the daughter I wanted", would seem to suggest this is what he thinks.

I'm not going to get into a theological debate on this. The popular trope that C's believe any particular group is going to hell is only partially true in that C teaching is everyone is fated to hell and it's only through the intervention of JC that they are saved. On this subject, as on many others, all I'd like to see is some believable depiction of the characters and not just the prejudices of the author, or the audience.
An uber-religious Dad who is against his daughter being gay is believable because it still happens today, in every religion, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be depicted, as it's not necessarily based on prejudice, but on fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegreatd17
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes