felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
When it comes down to Quinn, what do you guys think it might happen to her? I've seen people predicting bad things...Care to elaborate?
she is objectively in a very complicated situation, and has no real allies.

MC could be but in a few games, she will tend to face her problem alone, and morally making her die would be a drama but "right", it's bad so right that she dies (not my opinion but that of the crowd with pitchforks)

I also take this opportunity to discuss the scene in the sixth chapter, it seems to me that Holy Bacchus has talked about it: it is discordant that to be able to access her scene you must basically be DIK (this is not the only condition, but it is the premise because the other are satisfied), but then the scene is basically CHICK, with an MC looking after her, worried about her, ready to give her some money etc ... it is true that DIK does not mean bad, but there is really nothing DIKish in it. that scene (or is there enough anal sex?)

johnny twosins

Jan 8, 2019
Old tired argument. Read up on the difference between Old Testament and New Testament dogma in christianity.
Yup, I know.
It's also in the New Testament. (Matthew 15:1-9).

I'm not a priest and don't feel like continuing in this direction, just wanted to point it out.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yet being gay was punishiable by death in predominantly Christian countries for hundreds of years, they just changed their laws and attitudes sooner than some other religions. But there are still extremists on the Christian right who commit murder against gay and trans people and who threaten them with it because of their beliefs, so it still occurs, even if it isn't explicitly condoned.

But even without going that far, there are Christians who promote conversion therapy and believe homosexuality is sinful and immoral, so this could be very well be what Maya's Dad believes, and the fact that he says things like, "you're not the daughter I wanted", would seem to suggest this is what he thinks.

An uber-religious Dad who is against his daughter being gay is believable because it still happens today, in every religion, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be depicted, as it's not necessarily based on prejudice, but on fact.
WHO took homosexuality out of disease in 1990, thirty years ago, I was already tired. I would say that they have always had few friends. culturally I believe that apart from Native Americans they have never been well received

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I also take this opportunity to discuss the scene in the sixth chapter, it seems to me that Holy Bacchus has talked about it: it is discordant that to be able to access her scene you must basically be DIK (this is not the only condition, but it is the premise because the other are satisfied), but then the scene is basically CHICK, with an MC looking after her, worried about her, ready to give her some money etc ... it is true that DIK does not mean bad, but there is really nothing DIKish in it. that scene (or is there enough anal sex?)
Exactly. It's one of these things where you have to twist yourself in knots to try and understand why she rejects him if you've met the other conditions and have a fairly good relationship with her at this point.

Being DIK doesn't mean he's a total asshole, he's just a bit more impulsive and free-wheeling, yet you can be on the DIK path and have done the minimum scene requirements and get that scene, but you can be on the Neutral/CHICK path, have done everything with Quinn that you can (fuck her at the cum-petition, use her "restaurant" services 4 times, stay with Sage and have that scene with her, fuck her on the DIK masion roof, and have various Rooster/text interactions), yet she rejects him because...what? Because she thinks he likes Maya? She thinks the same thing on the DIK path yet will accept his help. Because she thinks he's too "goody-goody"? But he can be that and she'll fuck him twice before this.

For me, Quinn's accepting his help shouldn't have based on affinity but simply on the interactions requirements of taking her number, using her services, and fucking her in Ep 4 because it just doesn't make much sense that she wouldn't accept as long as they're simply on good terms with each other through their various interactions.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020

True that, she's alone in her troubles now. She was quite harsh with Riona, basically saying that she's good for nothing other than prostitution. I like Riona, and it think that was just mean of Quinn. =(

And I agree with you, brother. That scene has not much of what we would expect of a DIKish behavior. But I think there's no way to say that it wasn't a great scene, right? I loved it!

And yeah, for me, seeing Quinn dying would bring such a dark thing to the VN...All in all, let's wait and see what DPC has in store for us. I don't think he will disappoint us.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
For me, Quinn's accepting his help shouldn't have based on affinity but simply on the interactions requirements of taking her number, using her services, and fucking her in Ep 4 because it just doesn't make much sense that she wouldn't accept as long as they're simply on good terms with each other through their various interactions.
I couldn't agree more with you on that!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Exactly. It's one of these things where you have to twist yourself in knots to try and understand why she rejects him if you've met the other conditions and have a fairly good relationship with her at this point.

Being DIK doesn't mean he's a total asshole, he's just a bit more impulsive and free-wheeling, yet you can be on the DIK path and have met the bar minimum for scene requirements and get that scene, but you can be on the Neutral/CHICK, have done everything with Quinn that you can (fuck her at the cum-petition, use her "restaurant" services 4 times, stay with Sage and have that scene with her, fuck her on the DIK masion roof, and have various Rooster/text interactions), yet she rejects him because...what? Because she thinks he likes Maya? She think the same thing on the DIK path yet will accept his help. Because she thinks he's too "goody-goody"? But he can be that and she'll fuck him twice before this.

I quite agree, if that was to be the bond (affinity) then the scene had to be different, a more violent and passionate stuff and it would have made more sense

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
True that, she's alone in her troubles now. She was quite harsh with Riona, basically saying that she's good for nothing other than prostitution. I like Riona, and it think that was just mean of Quinn. =(

And I agree with you, brother. That scene has not much of what we would expect of a DIKish behavior. But I think there's no way to say that it wasn't a great scene, right? I loved it!

And yeah, for me, seeing Quinn dying would bring such a dark thing to the VN...All in all, let's wait and see what DPC has in store for us. I don't think he will disappoint us.

absolutely, it's one of my three favorite sex scenes for now

Riona and the other girls at the restaurant may be on her side (and we don't know how loyal they are), but they can't defend her in this situation.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
About Jill, I am keeping my expectations high, and in a certain way hoping for some kind of awakening, to break all this perfection/boring thing about her (which is tiring, IMHO)

I think we are going to see a very romantic scene between the MC and Jill when they finally get to have sex.

#TeamJill

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018

MC could be but in a few games, she will tend to face her problem alone, and morally making her die would be a drama but "right", it's bad so right that she dies (not my opinion but that of the crowd with pitchforks)

I think DPC did it for the same reason he made Maya/Josy require Neutral/CHICK affinity he wanted to split up certain routes to make it easier to manage. All the things said about Quinn not accepting the MCs help if he is CHICK not making sense could be said about Maya and Josy rejecting him if he is DIK affinity.

Reactions: johnny twosins

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
I think the logic behind that being a DIK affinity event, is because she sees you treating her differently to everyone else.

For me at least the scene seems to be written as two Rough personalities being somewhat vulnerable with each other

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I think DPC did it for the same reason he made Maya/Josy require Neutral/CHICK affinity he wanted to split up certain routes to make it easier to manage. All the things said about Quinn not accepting the MCs help if he is CHICK not making sense could be said about Maya and Josy rejecting him if he is DIK affinity.
And only God knows how many times that exact thing (M&J rejecting MC based only in his affinity) has been said during last months. Criticism is kind of consistent in that regard

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
that of Josy and Maya for me is the worst scene of the game and I don't think we can do worse ....

the problem is the same, less serious because Quinn is a secondary character that I believe only interests a part of the players.

in both choices there is the problem that the affinity exceeds direct experience, as if the characters do not know each other, in this there is also the discrepancy between the required affinity and the tone of the scene

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
And only God knows how many times that exact thing (M&J rejecting MC based only in his affinity) has been said during last months. Criticism is kind of consistent in that regard
that of Josy and Maya for me is the worst scene of the game and I don't think we can do worse ....

the problem is the same, less serious because Quinn is a secondary character that I believe only interests a part of the players.

in both choices there is the problem that the affinity exceeds direct experience, as if the characters do not know each other, in this there is also the discrepancy between the required affinity and the tone of the scene
Yes exactly. Basically it can be summed up as the affinity system should have been planned out more and needed more time spent on it or he shouldn't have put it in the game in the first place.

Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes