Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
I worry that someday with this constant increment in number of renders and animations he will end up having to add another month to the development process for future updates. :unsure:
Bigger doesn't always mean better.
Assuming DrPinkCake plans to finish Being a Dik in season 3. There would be 6 episodes to develop, it would take five or six months per episode, the time for the game to finish would be around 2 to 3 years. Long road ahead.

• Sad
Reactions: Kellermann

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I honestly do not think he will make 12. Personally I think he is bored with this story and is itching to use all his render skills in something fantasy related, which is why we get the D&G stuff. I think we will get 3-4 more episodes and finish this book.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I worry that someday with this constant increment in number of renders and animations he will end up having to add another month to the development process for future updates. :unsure:
Bigger doesn't always mean better.
Exactly. Having to wait almost half a year between episodes is too much. I'd rather a fewer number of renders and get a 3 to 4 month (tops) turnaround.

The last wait was over 5 months!

e.jpg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Josy says that because she's scared, scared of losing both of them. If there were a woman around here, She could explain it better since that is a woman's thing, we men don't say things that way xD
probably "indecision" is the wrong term. Josy in those occasions knows what she should do, what it would be right to do, but she always lets herself be carried away by passion. and this often leads her to say "inappropriate" things.
the same behavior on the part of MC is demolished (imagine Mc thinking about his relationship with Jill and then after some doubts having sex with Bella).

but I don't agree with you on the reason, we can't say that he does it for fear of losing them both, that can be worth the limit for the post chapter 4.
but as soon as she knows Mc, what fear can she have of losing him? when at that moment it is she who is about to leave both

we can say that Josy behaves sentimentally like MC the manwhore (not all games but many ..), with the aggravating circumstance that Josy believes / believed in a relationship with Maya. but unlike Mc, she always expresses these doubts in words and not in thoughts

Know what bothered me about Josy in the last episode? That interaction she had with the other girl at lunch in front of Maya and the MC showed a lack of character in my mind. When you have your core friends, sometimes you can't just be friends with everyone else. But when this other girl shows up, has no interest in Maya (and like I said is very dismissive of her) and barely even cares about the MC, Josy decides that she's just going to carry on a private conversation with her. That's not how you behave in a social situation. It's one thing to have a short conversation like "hey, there's a party tonight, do you want to come?" but the game gave me the impression that they chatted for an extended period of time. That is both rude to the other two people at the table, and shows a lack of social grace because she thought A) Alright to do, and B) Never noticed that it made Maya uncomfortable.

To me it was a great example of how Josy is sort of a chameleon. I don't think she's a bad person, or that she's shallow, but I don't think Josy has a very strong sense of herself. That's why I called her "generic" earlier, she just seems like this girl who is trying to be one size fits all, and will attach herself to whatever dominant personality is around her at any given time. That attitude of "I'm friends with everyone" strikes me as someone who isn't (deep) friends with anyone in actuality.

here I think you are wrong.

that is a distinctive trait of Josy's personality that is shown and underlined from the beginning. Josy talks to everyone, gives everyone confidence. when she arrives in BR the first day she already becomes friends with Jill, even with Quinn she doesn't show any fear, she responds blow for blow.

let's say it's not a feature that in real life would drive me crazy, but it's consistent with the way the character was presented to us

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This. Sage's startling & off putting (imo) obsession for a guy who clearly doesn't give a fuck about her is what makes it so difficult for me to be that interested in her. If they had a healthy relationship then Sage's reaction would have made much more sense. If MC tells Sage that he's more interested in her then Quinn, she pretty much bluntly rejects him saying she's already in a non-existent :KEK: relationship. My reaction is pretty much wtf is wrong with you?

If not for that she's easily one of better girls in the game imo.
unfortunately it is not an uncommon behavior.

very often, especially girls, they find themselves stuck in unhealthy, unfulfilling relationships, from which they do not want to free themselves. and from the outside it is difficult to understand whether it is pride or infatuation.

the worst girls to fall in love with

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Exactly. Having to wait almost half a year between episodes is too much. I'd rather a fewer number of renders and get a 3 to 4 month (tops) turnaround.

The last wait was over 5 months!

View attachment 946715
If you compare it to waiting for seasons of a TV series, it's very similar.

Some TV series have 6-13 episodes each season, running 30 - 60 minutes per episode and then you have to wait an entire year for the next season.

Although the terms "season" and "episode" are used in DPC's terminology, Ep6 alone took me about 6 hours to complete, that's the equivalent of 6 x 1-hour TV episodes or 12 x 30-minute TV episodes.

If we say a new episode comes out every 5-6 months, that's roughly 12 hours of BaDIK a year (or more as the episodes get bigger). This is almost identical to 12 x 1 hour episodes a year of some random TV show.

Remember, game of thrones took 9 years to complete (man that time went by fast).

In no time BaDIK will be complete and our children will be off to experience their own college adventures (only funny if you don't actually have kids yet...)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If you compare it to waiting for seasons of a TV series, it's very similar.

Some TV series have 6-13 episodes each season, running 30 - 60 minutes per episode and then you have to wait an entire year for the next season.

Although the terms "season" and "episode" are used in DPC's terminology, Ep6 alone took me about 6 hours to complete, that's the equivalent of 6 x 1-hour TV episodes or 12 x 30-minute TV episodes.

If we say a new episode comes out every 5-6 months, that's roughly 12 hours of BaDIK a year (or more as the episodes get bigger). This is almost identical to 12 x 1 hour episodes a year of some random TV show.

Remember, game of thrones took 9 years to complete (man that time went by fast).

In no time BaDIK will be complete and our children will be off to experience their own college adventures (only funny if you don't actually have kids yet...)
however the times of "enjoyment" are completely different

a season of a show usually airs for 2-6 months.
how long does a BADIK episode last? 2-3 days if you can't fully dedicate yourself.

you are practically always waiting for the new update, 360 days out of 365o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020

how long does a BADIK episode last? 2-3 days if you can't fully dedicate yourself.

you are practically always waiting for the new update, 360 days out of 365o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
It is not true, I have seen full seasons of tv shows in a couple of days and you are left with the same stupid face as with the game.
To say something current, in a week I have seen The Mandalorian entire seasons 1 and 2

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
The comparison to tv just doesn’t work. The mediums have too many differences and variables to make a comparison meaningful. In my opinion the sweet spot for releases are 2 to 4 months depending on the game. If You start getting into the 5+ month range I think there are some problems. Anything more than 6 months and I don’t think the investment is worth it. Yes, that includes DPC.

Reactions: DavDR

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
so I just got past the old folks home segment of episode 6 and I had a weird theory craft about it, wouldnt it be funny of the old lady that the MC talks to is his grandma? I mean we throw around speculations galore, figured I'd throw another one to the pile.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It is not true, I have seen full seasons of tv shows in a couple of days and you are left with the same stupid face as with the game.
To say something current, in a week I have seen The Mandalorian entire seasons 1 and 2
but that's your choice ... unhealthy o_O :LOL:

many shows lose a lot seen in such a backbreaking way, you don't have time to think about it

also i can play the new episode of BADIK in less than an hour (without minigames it's not that hard). like the sixth episode being related to Maya and Josy (no Quinn and no Jade) and Jill (no Sage, no girls at the bar).
but in fact it is a choice

then I don't know about you, but I wait for 2-3 games "in installments" and I see 15-20 TV series in a year. they are incomparable situations

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
not gonna lie, I was a Gaz fan too for the short time I played that game.
That game is pretty fricking awesome. Sure college age dude, banging all his relatives, and everyone else, but it has Bacon, Evil Bacon, and Time Travel!!!! Definitely different than just boffing college cuties!

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

The comparison to tv just doesn’t work. The mediums have too many differences and variables to make a comparison meaningful. In my opinion the sweet spot for releases are 2 to 4 months depending on the game. If You start getting into the 5+ month range I think there are some problems. Anything more than 6 months and I don’t think the investment is worth it. Yes, that includes DPC.
but that's your choice ... unhealthy o_O :LOL:

many shows lose a lot seen in such a backbreaking way, you don't have time to think about it

also i can play the new episode of BADIK in less than an hour (without minigames it's not that hard). like the sixth episode being related to Maya and Josy (no Quinn and no Jade) and Jill (no Sage, no girls at the bar).
but in fact it is a choice

then I don't know about you, but I wait for 2-3 games "in installments" and I see 15-20 TV series in a year. they are incomparable situations
I don't watch too many shows on live TV, I typically watch via streaming services like Netflix which release the entire season at a time (hence the new binge watching culture). I introduced a friend of mine to Netflix's Daredevil just the other day and she binged Season 1 in less than a week. You can binge a TV series just like you can binge the game (someone here mentioned they'd already beaten Cyberpunk twice over already!)

You can also not binge a game and play in 30-minute to 60-minute time allotments if you wanted to spread it out. If you have a busy schedule that works out fine, if you've got too much time to kill then that's the problem...

felicemastronzo, could you beat episode 6 in less than an hour? I just tried ep6 on permanent skip through the whole thing (about 20 lines of dialogue a second), suicided in the D&G, clicked the walkthrough options for the gender and maths tests, aborted the english tests, aborted the mansion maintenance, didn't do any hunt-the-pixels, basically just blazed through with not a second's enjoyment, and it took just over 16 minutes. How could you possibly play it correctly in less than an hour?

I have seen full seasons of tv shows in a couple of days and you are left with the same stupid face
Totally cracked up when I read that. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Aka Nioh

Mar 30, 2020
The dungeon and gremlin game in episode 6 was a masterpiece and well thought out, cheers to the real DM;). Also must of been a renpy coding nightmare :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: lemonfreak

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
ok another prediction time finishing the current game again, as I see Maya's dad I am thinking, visualing how it could play out, I have a feeling that when they come through the door MC will be with them both, and there could be a variety of options how this will play out, 1. MC chews dad out makes it worse. 2. MC has to choose on the spot who he will be pretend boyfriend to when the dad asks whats going on, ergo giving you a solitary path, atleast for a little bit, which in all honesty would benefit Josy, or it could be Josy being the only option because of how puritanical her dad is, I still stick with my gut and think he will drag Maya off to one of those conversion camps, and the MC will have to rescue her.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
ok another prediction time finishing the current game again, as I see Maya's dad I am thinking, visualing how it could play out, I have a feeling that when they come through the door MC will be with them both, and there could be a variety of options how this will play out, 1. MC chews dad out makes it worse. 2. MC has to choose on the spot who he will be pretend boyfriend to when the dad asks whats going on, ergo giving you a solitary path, atleast for a little bit, which in all honesty would benefit Josy, or it could be Josy being the only option because of how puritanical her dad is, I still stick with my gut and think he will drag Maya off to one of those conversion camps, and the MC will have to rescue her.
Hopefully they just tell the dad to grow up and fuck off.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes