Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Guys, I have a question. How to properly pronounce Sage's name? Up to this time I always called her /sage:/, but the right way to say it /seɪʤ/. Correct?
but how is it pronounced? in Spanish it would be like Sage (with J / H sound) or Seige? I have no fucking idea
Come on now, surely the first thing you do is ? Has audio samples of the pronunciation and everything!
How can I increase the silver money? Is there a way or cheating mod?
1. Enable the console
2. Shift+O to open the console
3. Enter: silver = 300 then hit Enter
4. Hit Esc to close the console

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
ok another prediction time finishing the current game again, as I see Maya's dad I am thinking, visualing how it could play out, I have a feeling that when they come through the door MC will be with them both, and there could be a variety of options how this will play out, 1. MC chews dad out makes it worse. 2. MC has to choose on the spot who he will be pretend boyfriend to when the dad asks whats going on, ergo giving you a solitary path, atleast for a little bit, which in all honesty would benefit Josy, or it could be Josy being the only option because of how puritanical her dad is, I still stick with my gut and think he will drag Maya off to one of those conversion camps, and the MC will have to rescue her.
If there is any choice to be made here, I think it's more likely to be one between the MC jumping in and saying he's Maya's boyfriend or saying nothing and Maya will do it herself, and that the MC choosing to do it himself will count positively towards Maya both in RP and as a marker to be remembered later.

Personally though, I'm leaning more towards thinking that the Dad won't find out about Josy. Either Josy will get waylayed on the way back, maybe by that girl Becky again or she'll go to the bathroom, or Maya will go into the room first, say "DAD!", and the MC and Josy will quickly halt before going in to the room, then Josy will go hide in the bathroom and the MC will go in and do the whole "pretend boyfriend" thing. Then, after the Dad has left, they'll call Josy back in and decide that she should stay with the HOTs because it will be safer since now they know Maya's Dad can show up at any time.

On the pretend boyfriend thing, I somewhat like the idea of it because I like to imagine a scenario where the Dad invites Maya to come home at some point for a family dinner and to bring her "boyfriend" with her. The Dad would use this opportunity to grill him and find out if it's legit, then during the dinner he'll say all sorts of nasty, backhanded things about Maya which the MC will then react to and either just defend her or also out their secret about being in a throuple. Maya then also stands up to her Dad after seeing the MC stand up for her like this, something nobody has done this aggressively before, and so it gives her the courage to finally confront her Dad.

Guys, I have a question. How to properly pronounce Sage's name? Up to this time I always called her /sage:/, but the right way to say it /seɪʤ/. Correct?
Here'a a link to the dictionary page for the word "sage" - .
Click on the audio symbol under the word to hear how it's pronounced.

Reactions: RivenMain69

Kz87

Jun 19, 2017
Come on now, surely the first thing you do is ? Has audio samples of the pronunciation and everything!
Yeah, if it is a noun word. For names it could be a little bit complicated, ie the name Henry could be /henri/, as well as /anri/. It depends on where the persons family originally from, imho

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Yeah, if it is a noun word. For names it could be a little bit complicated, ie the name Henry could be /henri/, as well as /anri/. It depends on where the persons family originally from, imho
Nah, as DavDR said: in English the name is pronounced exactly the same as the herb, as per the audio sample.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It's only complicated when people have different languages, but native English speakers would all pronounce the names of Sage and Henry exactly the same. Pronouncing the name Henry in those ways would suggest to me that the person is French and that this is simply a case of accents pronouncing names and words differently because they have a different way of speaking. The French, for example, seem to not pronounce the letter 'h' at the start of a word, i.e. when saying "have, it will sound more like "ave", or "her" would be "er".

Reactions: DavDR

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
If there is any choice to be made here, I think it's more likely to be one between the MC jumping in and saying he's Maya's boyfriend or saying nothing and Maya will do it herself, and that the MC choosing to do it himself will count positively towards Maya both in RP and as a marker to be remembered later.

Personally though, I'm leaning more towards thinking that the Dad won't find out about Josy. Either Josy will get waylayed on the way back, maybe by that girl Becky again or she'll go to the bathroom, or Maya will go into the room first, say "DAD!", and the MC and Josy will quickly halt before going in to the room, then Josy will go hide in the bathroom and the MC will go in and do the whole "pretend boyfriend" thing. Then, after the Dad has left, they'll call Josy back in and decide that she should stay with the HOTs because it will be safer since now they know Maya's Dad can show up at any time.

On the pretend boyfriend thing, I somewhat like the idea of it because I like to imagine a scenario where the Dad invites Maya to come home at some point for a family dinner and to bring her "boyfriend" with her. The Dad would use this opportunity to grill him and find out if it's legit, then during the dinner he'll say all sorts of nasty, backhanded things about Maya which the MC will then react to and either just defend her or also out their secret about being in a throuple. Maya then also stands up to her Dad after seeing the MC stand up for her like this, something nobody has done this aggressively before, and so it gives her the courage to finally confront her Dad.

Here'a a link to the dictionary page for the word "sage" - .
Click on the audio symbol under the word to hear how it's pronounced.
If Josy winds up being kicked out of her dorm, that'll be the beginning of the end for the M/J relationship. Even the way you explained it there sounded like someone else deciding where she would live. This isn't the same frightened Josy that felt threatened by Maya and the MC being attracted to each other. She's going to resent it.

Also, if Maya is the one to suggest the 'boyfriend' plan, or just blurts it out in front of her Father, I think there's going to be consequences from an MC on the Just Friends or Rejected path. A couple of MC's other LI's are bound to react poorly if they hear another girl is going around claiming that MC is their 'boyfriend', and it's just the kind of melodramatic situation that DPC would come up with.

Kz87

Jun 19, 2017
Nah, as DavDR said: in English the name is pronounced exactly the same as the herb, as per the audio sample.
Had to go deeper. There is a French word "sage", which means a wisdom. Pronounced as /saj/. And she can easily have french roots in her family. We don't know.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Had to go deeper. There is a French word "sage", which means a wisdom. Pronounced as /saj/. And she can easily have french roots in her family. We don't know.
Sage = wisdom is pronounced exactly the same as the herb in English as well... but sure, you can imagine a US college student pronounces her name as 'spaghetti' if you like? ;)

Reactions: Maviarab

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Again, she tells MC her name and he jokes about the herb. So her name sounds like the herb. Period.

Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I believe Josy when she says that she's afraid of being alone.

Read her dialogue again from episodes 4 & 5. Also remember what her state of mind would be at the end of episode 4. She's just run away from home, and defied her Father. That relationship is already strained by her parents divorce and Josy's fear that her Father no longer loves her. Then when she hears that Maya and the MC are attracted, it really freaks her out. She says that if Maya is attracted to a guy it must be real (or words to that effect). She repeats that in the episode 4 scene and in the episode 5 scene with MC. She's really afraid of being left alone.

Josy is presented to us as an outgoing and sociable young woman, and I think at her core she is but, her parents divorce, being turned down for college, and her lonely, miserable summer really scared her as to what her future could be like.
from chapter 3 onwards it may be so. but previously it doesn't make much sense to me as an explanation.

the second time she meets MC, the appointment at her house is in fact a goodbye, she invites him to tell him that she will go away forever, so Mc cannot solve her loneliness problem if she will Leave.

it's comforting sex, there's nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't embellish it too much.

this fear of being alone is an understandable feeling, but I do not find it so consistent with Josy's character, Maya feels that she has abandoned her, with the concern of admission to college she says goodbye to Mc at the first opportunity. behaviors that I do not expect from those who are afraid of being alone, perhaps rather of a person who is afraid of being left and prefers to be the one to leave, to say goodbye. I don't think it's the same

I realize that I have written it really badly ...

Reactions: Maviarab

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
Also, if Maya is the one to suggest the 'boyfriend' plan, or just blurts it out in front of her Father, I think there's going to be consequences from an MC on the Just Friends or Rejected path. A couple of MC's other LI's are bound to react poorly if they hear another girl is going around claiming that MC is their 'boyfriend', and it's just the kind of melodramatic situation that DPC would come up with.
Honestly if Maya Blurts out the MC her boyfriend and the MC was rejected I'd like him to deliever a line to the effect "I was" or "not anymore" rather than out right saying it isn't true.

but yeah I think the Consequences should be intresting, especially given on the friend/rejection route you tell Quinn, in front of Sage, she couldn't be more wrong about Maya being "your soon to be girlfriend"

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Honestly if Maya Blurts out the MC her boyfriend and the MC was rejected I'd like him to deliever a line to the effect "I was" or "not anymore" rather than out right saying it isn't true.

but yeah I think the Consequences should be intresting, especially given on the friend/rejection route you tell Quinn, in front of Sage, she couldn't be more wrong about Maya being "your soon to be girlfriend"
He's all like, "Yeah I was but these two lesbians have chosen each other over me". And Maya is like, "Motherfucker!" :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
but if Maya's father pays a surprise visit at night without ever having made one, he knows that something has happened or is about to happen, he probably already knows about Josy (who is now officially his daughter's roommate), otherwise what would he move to do?

if Maya had been in her room (without Josy or another roommate) how would she have reacted to her father's raid?

come on!! guys, it doesn't make sense.

it's too late for the fake boyfriend's theater

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
but if Maya's father pays a surprise visit at night without ever having made one, he knows that something has happened or is about to happen, he probably already knows about Josy (who is now officially his daughter's roommate), otherwise what would he move to do?

if Maya had been in her room (without Josy or another roommate) how would she have reacted to her father's raid?

come on!! guys, it doesn't make sense.

it's too late for the fake boyfriend's theater
He literally knows Josy, so if he sees her the gig's up, regardless of the mc posing as a boyfriend or anything. Maya needs a totally different girl to temporarily pose as her roommate. It's too late though, the two of them (Maya and Josy), are gonna walk in on him while he's waiting in their dorm room. They're gonna get caught, it's gonna cause some angst, the MC will arbitrate, make some asskicking speech like he did to the DIKs while standing on the stairs (too bad there are no stairs in Maya's room), they'll all hug it out and the dad will leave with a new found understanding and greater tolerance for diversity... or not...

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes