shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Nice work Quinn. It will make it all the sweeter after MC finally nails Heather and Tommy finds out his maggot son has cucked him with not only his love interest Quinn, but his "sister" Josy, and finally his girlfriend Heather. The trifecta (and my revenge) will be complete. After I get a good look at Tommy's mom, then there may be a fourth added to the equation.
Take it to the next level, the mc does all that after he's nailed Arieth. Spreading the crustacean love to the girls, and Heather gifts the little blighters to Tommy.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
js "I told myself that I would get accepted to B&R and that everything would be great again."
js "And I actually believed it. I almost took it for granted."
js "And now..."
js "I'm not going to get accepted. It's like the biggest blow to my psyche ever."
js "I get anxiety attacks when I think about it."
js "I can't breathe when I think of being stuck in this hole, living with dad and Monica for another year!"
js "I just have to get away from here and do something new and start all over."
mc "You miss feeling loved?"
js "More than anything..."
js "And now...I think of just cutting all ties and moving away."

for me this is a goodbye
Where does the conversation go from there? Josy is never actually going to leave. Her saying that she was going to leave during the phone call is what got the MC to go home on the first weekend of college. And she's so happy about it, she tells MC that just knowing he was visiting that weekend made her whole week feel better. That's not what you say to someone you are about to give the brush off to. It's a tactic, pretending to retreat so you can draw someone forward.

Reactions: aragh

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
If someone has to die (not that they do, but we're all anticipating it), Quinn is definitely the prime choice due to her lifestyle and associations.
Although it is surely true in my country we say: "bad weed never dies" ( mala hierba nunca muere ) to say that someone who does bad things is hard to kill xd

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Where does the conversation go from there? Josy is never actually going to leave. Her saying that she was going to leave during the phone call is what got the MC to go home on the first weekend of college. And she's so happy about it, she tells MC that just knowing he was visiting that weekend made her whole week feel better. That's not what you say to someone you are about to give the brush off to. It's a tactic, pretending to retreat so you can draw someone forward.
I don't think she's playing mind games, at least not intentionally. She's really quite confused about everything and her heart is ruling her head and she's making mistakes. Each time she leads the mc on in the early days she chastises herself.

Reactions: ename144

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This was addressed in the story, if you got that far. Maya said she was cajoled / tricked into having him co-sign her loans, and now he was in control of the finances. I put addressed in italics because I would probably agree it still doesn't really make sense, but the dev made an attempt anyway. My understanding of co-signing loans means you can be held responsible for the loan recipient not paying back their loan, but it doesn't mean you have control of the loan relief itself. So....It's not a great explanation (unless my understanding of co-signing is wrong), but he also didn't ignore the obvious question of just getting student loans and grants.
No, your understanding is correct. It’s an immersion breaking mistake because the very premise of Maya’s problem is invalid.

Reactions: Arigon

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Wow, I think I've just been insulted
<---------

:giggle:

That's ok, Tybalt has that effect on people.
heh yeah I love your profile pic, that reminds me I need to get one for the forum maybe a siggy to show my love for the game.
That little hole in the watermelon just grosses me out. Here's the best use of a watermelon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Exactly. And college loan funds cannot be used for anything else. He is also breaking the law by witholding it for any reason. No matter which way you look at it, from what angle...it's so inconsistent and full of holes. This is my main issue with the die hards. So willing to overlook it's many flaws due to complete blind fanatacism.
At the end of the day, the purpose of Maya's dad's shenanigans is to ensure Maya would pay a high price for defying her father's wishes even though he is in the wrong. I'm willing to overlook some level of inconsistency if either there is a generally plausible explanation that could address most of the problems, or if the inconsistencies are small relative to the story payoff.

In this case I think the situation, at least as we currently know it, is too implausible. Maya's actual description is nonsense, but technical terms of art are often misused in fiction. The important part is the threat to Maya's financial future. That requires both that Maya's dad controls the ability to call in her debts at any time AND the ability to direct the money as he sees fit (lest she simply pay the loan back and take out a new, honest one ASAP). That's not impossible, but it's extremely convoluted and the game has not provided anywhere near enough context to show how it might have happened.

It's particularly egregious given how often the MC's poor background is brought up. It is simply not plausible that he can easily afford tuition at B&R, but that Maya would be ruined for life if she were unable to pay for it. If the MC had won some sort of scholarship, or if Maya's financial troubles extended beyond mere tuition, it might work. But the MC is routinely implied to be a middle-of-the-road academic and his athletic skills are only a hobby. So as is, I agree it feels like lazy writing that needed an excuse for Maya to behave the way she does and didn't care enough to properly consider the details.

That said, we still don't have the full explanation and we haven't seen exactly how this will play out. If it turns out there is more to the story than Maya's hurried explanation suggested, that would help. Alternative, if the plotline is addressed once and for all in Episode 7 and Maya is a free woman thereafter, I think the error could be outweighed by a simple, satisfying story of Maya finally standing up for herself and getting what she wants.

But if the situation is as it seems and it will continue to dominate Maya's actions for the rest of the game, then I think the story will really suffer for the poor writing.

We shall see.

This could very well be a major choice in the episode. Does the MC lie, so as not to reveal Maya in front of her Father? Or does he tell the truth?
Interesting notion. I have no idea how one could plausibly tie those choices into the DIK/CHICK spectrum (especially for friends), but that is demonstrably not an obstacle for DPC. It would at least be something new rather than Yet Another Fistfight.

Yeah I am with you on max being 12ish. However, consider how much we are already down the pipe on isolating love interests. I am seeing us finishing in 10 if he stretches, and 8 if he is in a hurry to start a new AVN.
Isolating LIs doesn't herald the end of the game unless the MC has been forced to choose between them for good. Until then, playing the LIs off against each other adds to the game; it's part of the plot.

Besides, DPC doesn't advance the plot in huge chunks most of the time. I could see the next 2 episodes addressing the M&J, and Jill crisis (and possibly Jade/Cathy), then having the next 4 address the collapse of Quinn's 'empire,' payoff the whole 'Vinny as dark mirror to the MC' motif, maybe get some closure with Lynette's family, and finally have the MC sort out his LI(s?) once and for all. I could even see that taking an episode or two more.

So I think 12-14 episodes is very plausible. 10 is barely possible but I think it would be extremely rushed, especially if Episode 7 is going to be less story-focused than 6. 8 episodes isn't going to happen, period.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
That little hole in the watermelon just grosses me out. Here's the best use of a watermelon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I love Jade but I hate her son... I'd take that watermelon and split it all over his head

a shame since afterwards I could not taste those sweet tits again

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's another point though isn't it. If he witholding funds he has saved for (physically paying for her)...then just apply for a grant/loan like everyone else does and be rid of him/the problem. The fact she won't/doesn't/can't...so makes her father an issue through her own actions...just makes a mockery of the whole plot. So many holes.

there the mistake was wanting to insist on the point, practically every time Maya comes up with this story, it had to be left as a vague problem, instead I imagine that in the next chapter Maya will show us the bank statement of operations

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Exactly. And college loan funds cannot be used for anything else. He is also breaking the law by witholding it for any reason. No matter which way you look at it, from what angle...it's so inconsistent and full of holes. This is my main issue with the die hards. So willing to overlook it's many flaws due to complete blind fanatacism.
It does not matter whether this would possible in the real world, all that matters is that the situation within this story is consistent.
My understanding would have been that any loans you take out for any purpose are typically made out (in a cheque or direct transfer) to the intended recipient, but after some research it seems that a lot of student loans are cash loans and there is an actual problem with people misusing their student loans for other purposes (just google "misusing student loans - it's a real issue but if Maya had the guts she could resolve it easily), so if this is possible in the real world, there's no reason why the dad couldn't have taken the funds and put them in his account. It means he's a total cunt, but it's a legitimate scenario.
My understanding is that a massive dose of gamma radiation would be fatal but we still have the Incredible Hulk.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
It looks like just the hotlink is visible. I've never actually done it myself so I don't know how to include a sig, but I love the Sage selection and the avatar is great!
maybe some kind soul could help me out :D? *edit* I figured it out :D I got a neat thing planned

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
we don't see it the same way.

in Josy's words you see a lot of tactics, and it could be, me, for the context (a girl who risks not being admitted to college where she would like to go and is therefore shaken) I tend to believe her after she repeats the same thing to him both on the phone and in person

MC was deeply infatuated with Josy, she didn't have to make any effort to get him to come to her, she didn't have to convince him

Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes